[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Was watching some of the post...

MysticMedicMysticMedic
Reactions: 300
edited January 2018 in General Chat
So its really that easy to be banned and why?? Im new so I would like to know all the facts, If someone dosnt mind spending a few secs to tell me why. <3

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2018
    it's easy to get banned because the ban bot is targeting a wide range of programs at the moment (instead of maplestory related hack tools only) and issues permanent bans
  • MysticMedicMysticMedic
    edited January 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    it's easy to get banned because the ban bot is targeting a wide range of programs at the moment (instead of maplestory related hack tools only) and issues permanent bans

so if they think your a 3rd party they will ban you even if your not...
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018

To add on to this, it's a much bigger issue than it should be because player support for ban appeals is truly horrendous. Like everything else in Maplestory, it's completely RNG based. I'm only half joking... if you're lucky enough to get through to a real person (e.g. a senior GM), you have a decent chance of it actually getting looked into while otherwise you get the same old copy-paste "you hacked, sorry not sorry" responses.
  • MysticMedicMysticMedic
    edited January 2018
    Matty wrote: »

To add on to this, it's a much bigger issue than it should be because player support for ban appeals is truly horrendous. Like everything else in Maplestory, it's completely RNG based. I'm only half joking... if you're lucky enough to get through to a real person (e.g. a senior GM), you have a decent chance of it actually getting looked into while otherwise you get the same old copy-paste "you hacked, sorry not sorry" responses.

Is that because its such a dead game? Like I really wanna stick to maple I love my cleric... but I dont wanna get banned if I run to the store to grab a beer or something, n leave my screen up.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited January 2018

and eventually told "if you ask any more about your ban, we will ban you from the ticket system"
  • MysticMedicMysticMedic
    edited January 2018

and eventually told "if you ask any more about your ban, we will ban you from the ticket system"

LOL really wow!!! lol
  • MysticMedicMysticMedic
    edited January 2018
    is thier anything else I should know before I continue on my journey??
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited January 2018
    the game is otherwise fun and kinda buggy, but it's kinda hard for me to personally support the idea of playing with how easy it is to get banned with the direction nexon has been going with the ban bot for the past couple of months.

I'd like to see nexon either remove perm ban from the bot or have the bot only target maplestory hack tools instead of an big, unknown list of programs that may not even be maplestory related or hacking related before i can get behind anyone giving maple their full attention.

Also I would like to see nexon make the "Customer Support" actually try to Support their customers and help them, like a real Customer Support should.
  • MysticMedicMysticMedic
    edited January 2018
    the game is otherwise fun and kinda buggy, but it's kinda hard for me to personally support the idea of playing with how easy it is to get banned with the direction nexon has been going with the ban bot for the past couple of months.

I'd like to see nexon either remove perm ban from the bot or have the bot only target maplestory hack tools instead of an big, unknown list of programs that may not even be maplestory related or hacking related before i can get behind anyone giving maple their full attention.

Also I would like to see nexon make the "Customer Support" actually try to Support their customers and help them, like a real Customer Support should.

and Ive always wanted to play since the day it came out but I never had a pc that could support it. But now I do and Im sad because there isnt to many people who still play. But honestly im still having fun. Your also right I would like to see customer service actually help instead of threating when you ask about your ban. Or maybe install a program on thier service that tell who is or was a bot. Even thou its a really old game Id like to complete it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    They're not great with public relations.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2018
    I posted my experience with the ban appeals live chat on my post. If you want to see how they relate to people they have banned...