[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nyen's Revenge

ThePrisonerThePrisoner
Reactions: 100
edited February 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Event Bug/ DC Bug/ Accused of Hacking

Brief bug summary:
Upon entering the map Nyen's Hideout : Nyen's Hideout, when a PURPLE Nyen appears this message shows up " An illegal program has been detected Please try again after reinstalling the game. Illegal program usage could result in banning from the game." This is my 4th run of the day, and it's the first time entering the map with a purple Nyen. I have killed red Nyens before and did not have this message. Two other members have experienced this and have been reproduced by Xuzki and Derrick.

https://imgur.com/JJP2AtD

Steps to reproduce:
In the event tab, click on the 2018 Lunar New Year's icon. After this, click on the quest [Lunar New Year 2018] Nyen's Revenge. Upon clearing the stages, you will enter the map Nyen's Hideout: Nyen's Hideout. If a purple Nyen appears, you will get the error message upon hitting it. All of your attacks on it will miss. Lucid earrings seemingly have 0 cooldown in there, and is spammable while other skills have a normal cooldown.

Character name: Criminal

Character level: 250

Character job: Bishop

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 02/06/2018 9:12PST

Comments

• RiceyTofuRiceyTofu
    Reactions: 800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I also had the same issue as well here in Windia.

Character name: Pongo

Character level: 214

Character job: Paladin

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: 02/06/2018 11:09 PM PST
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Same. doesn't matter what my character is. It's probably not connected to the problem.
  • xPicturexPicture
    Reactions: 915
    edited February 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    Same. doesn't matter what my character is. It's probably not connected to the problem.

I'd just like to say that I believe every 4th run is a purple Nyen. With that being said, I also have encounter the issue.

Although the attack feature with the misses is most likely not a bug, but in fact a part of the event in which we are required to destroy the fireworks hanging, which in return hits the purple nyen with like 10b dmg
  • RebeccathjueRebeccathjue
    Reactions: 800
    edited February 2018
    yes, I have the same problem.
    4th run is indeed a purple Nyen.
    (Europa/Luna)
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited February 2018
    World: Scania
    IGN: Thundertala
    Level/Job: 233 Arch Mage (Ice/Lightning)
    Date/Time of Occurrence: February 6, 2018 at 9:15 P.M. EST (6:15 P.M. PST, 2:15 A.M. UTC)

I've encountered the same problem. Issue confirmed.
  • AarghAargh
    edited February 2018
    I have the same issue. I can't hit the vengeful nyen and I get trown out for the same reason as above.
    I think it's only fair if they just give us the reward for defeating vengeful nyen today.

World: Luna
    IGN: Aargh
    Job: Level 164 paladin
    Time: February 7, 13:30 CET
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, it's been reported.
  • JellypotatoJellypotato
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2018
    I also just had this issue as well, glad to hear its been reported already!
  • NoctisLunaFreyaNoctisLunaFreya
    Reactions: 930
    edited February 2018
    I have the same issue. I hope this will be sorted out before the event ends... Really want to get all the rewards.

World: Luna
    IGN: AranBB
    Job: Level 201 Aran
    Time: February 7 2018, 19:00 CET
  • NiikozillaNiikozilla
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2018
    Bug type: Event Bug

Brief bug summary: The portal at the top of the wall climb won't let me teleport inside.

More details: I was doing the first run of Nyen's Revenge and made it passed the wall climbing obstacle with no problem at all. But the moment I get teleported to the two portals at the top of the cliff, it asks me, "do you want to quit?" Even if I put no, it won't let me into the portal. It keeps asking me the question. Both portals don't work. It worked fine on my Lvl 168 Cadena, but I tried it on my Lvl 192 Xenon and 3 runs in a row gave me the glitch and used up 3/5 runs. So I tried it on my Lvl 146 Phantom and it gave me the bug again.

Steps to reproduce: Event Nyen's Revenge, proceed to wall climb as quickly as possible. Go immediately to the middle portal.

Character name: NNicoPhann

Character level: 146

Character job: Phantom

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 02/07/2018 2:00 PM EST

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png
  • OkhuraOkhura
    edited February 2018
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Hi there, tomorrow's maintenance should fix the issue regarding being unable to enter the portal.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28104/scheduled-maintenance-february-8-2018
    -An issue where a player could not enter the portal to rescue the animals after scaling the cliff to Nyen's Hideout will be fixed.
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited February 2018
    I have experienced BOTH issues. The Portal, as well as the Purple Nyen Hack Detection... scary stuff.
  • NoctisLunaFreyaNoctisLunaFreya
    Reactions: 930
    edited February 2018
    I hope they will fix the false hacking detection in time, because we will need minimum 10 days to obtain all the Nyen event rewards and the event will end on 2018-02-21..... kinda concern about it....
  • DMHDMH
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited February 2018
    Same issue - illegal something flashed on screen (reboot 200 xenon) as I entered Vengeful Nyen fight and then all my attacks registered as Miss so I finally gave up - when I left portal it bounced me out to the choose world screen. Kind of a waste of an event.
    2/8 I thought it would be better today - same thing happened - 4th Nyen - got the illegal message then none of my attacks hit. BTW - I also don't think I am getting credit for rescuing the 12 animals. Wasn't this why they had the downtime? I don't really want to do it a third time and be not able to complete...
  • AarghAargh
    edited February 2018
    Rheariel wrote: »
    Hi there, tomorrow's maintenance should fix the issue regarding being unable to enter the portal.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/28104/scheduled-maintenance-february-8-2018
    -An issue where a player could not enter the portal to rescue the animals after scaling the cliff to Nyen's Hideout will be fixed.

Yet nothing will be done for those who get kicked out of vengeful nyen? It would be nice to get some feedback on that issue since that's the issue most of us have...

For the record: Today I didn't have the same occurring to me.
    Yesterday I got in the map with vengeful Nyen and I get 2 consecutive hacking blablabla prompts after which I got kicked out of the map.

Today I went in and I got one message about hacking, but I'm not kicked out of the map right away. So I kill the vengeful Nyen using the fireworks, exit trough the portal and at this point I get kicked out of the game. After logging in again I was in the exit map. When I had left this map, I got the rewards for defeating vengeful Nyen.

I'm curious what I will be dealing with tomorrow.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    edited February 2018
    Aargh wrote: »
    Yet nothing will be done for those who get kicked out of vengeful nyen? It would be nice to get some feedback on that issue since that's the issue most of us have...

It has been forwarded already, unfortunately it seems it won't be fixed today, but sometimes they do sneak in fixes so keep an eye on the maintenance notes.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited February 2018
    The "Hack detection" popup is still happening after the maintenance. I know it wasn't mentioned to be fixed, but thought I'd just let people know it's still a thing for the time being.
  • SoengasSoengas
    Reactions: 710
    edited February 2018
    I also had the same issue as well here in Bera.

Character name: Maigh

Character level: 166

Character job: Kinesis

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: 02/08/2018 17:42 PM PST
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Hiya, we are aware of the "hack error" issue and details has already been forwarded, thank you for your patience. :)