[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Feedback] Auction House Improvements

FawkoFawko
Reactions: 2,360
edited February 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Meow,

As many of you know, the Free Market is closing soon leaving only the Auction House and direct trades to take on the sales after its demise. I have some ideas to improve the Auction House and make it more convenient to use for us players.

1. Show the seller's IGN on the items they are selling (In-Game-Name)
This is very important because as players, we are responsible according to the rules to make sure the items we are buying aren't duped. One of the 'tips' Nexon has provided us is that we should investigate the player and make sure they are "trustworthy" (whatever that means these days). Well in the Auction House there is anonymity which makes it impossible to utilize the step of investigating the player. If there was a smart duper out there they would dupe regular items and sell them at regular prices as to not raise any red flags, and then if they did that and utilized the Auction House, where the buyer cannot see the seller's name, it is extremely easy for a player to unintentionally buy duped items with not even the slightest idea that they were duped because the duper made them normally priced. So it is crucial that IGN's are listed with people's items on the Auction House so dupers/exploiters have less of a monopoly over this game.

2. A buy-tab feature
With the FM, some shops have a feature to buy items that you want. I saw in a screenshot that we are getting a wish-list function for the Auction House. I don't know how that works exactly so I am keeping this suggestion incase it is a flop. What I would like to see is it functioning where you can buy items automatically with the wish-list so we don't have to actually be there to accept the trade. I would possibly like to see the option for both. With equips having so many variables, it might be better to have an option to see the item before you accept it.

3. A messenger in AH
This would require the first suggestion to be implemented but if we could leave messages where people could tell us if they have an offer on their item it would be very nice. This way we don't have to somehow track them down without an ign or even with one, leaving a message inside the Auction House would be good because we could have a direct line of communication between the seller and buyer and if they are in seperate time zones they could adjust their prices, and never even have to be on at the same time but still complete a transaction through the Auction House.

If you have any thoughts on these or other suggestions leave them below
SlicedTimeRenni
  1. Agree?33 votes
    1. YAAAAAAAAAS QUEEN
       61% (20 votes)
    2. You are an idiot!!
       39% (13 votes)

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    I mean i agree to this, but it comes down if KMS would do it, let's hope the players there would ask nexon.

i also would like to see a bigger Meso Cap for GMS, maybe we could get something like 70 Billion - 100 Billion.

The 30 Billion Meso Cap works in kms because 30 Billion in KMS = 1.2 Trillion in GMS.

PS. the wishlist just let's you save items that are currently sold and either buy them from the wishlist or search for other items like the one you saved.
    the items are not bought automatically.

@Arwoo
    MarkRaven
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2018
    IGN thing would be nice so we see what items are being sold by explicit bots/hackers with the gibberish IGNs.

Messenger would be nice too so we can haggle prices. I.E; nodes in windia right now are 81-100mil.
    MarkRaven
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited February 2018
    I think the IGN would be a nice addition because how else do we now protect ourselves from buying duped items?

Wasn't there a mass ban recently (<12months) focusing on players who purchased cheap dupe items? Unless Nexon doesn't plan to do such a sweep in the future I don't know how we can protect ourselves from buying duped items from the bots /exploiters now :/
    MarkRaven
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2018
    I'm OK with 1 and 2, but not 3.

My issue with 3 is that 3 supports the idea of a Display Shop, wherein all items are set to max mesos to keep them on display, usually for the intent to sell them via RMTs. Honestly, screw those shops. All they did was waste space in the FM, I don't like the idea of seeing similar entries flood the AH pages too.
  • FawkoFawko
    edited February 2018
    MakazeKiba wrote: »

My issue with 3 is that 3 supports the idea of a Display Shop, wherein all items are set to max mesos to keep them on display, usually for the intent to sell them via RMTs. Honestly, screw those shops. All they did was waste space in the FM, I don't like the idea of seeing similar entries flood the AH pages too.

Oh I just meant in general like items worth below 30bil, I don't think there is going to be a way to put items up for display like we currently can in the Free Market.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited February 2018
    your an idiot
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2018
    your an idiot

Shamefur Dispray! ./s
    Fawko wrote: »
    MakazeKiba wrote: »

Oh I just meant in general like items worth below 30bil, I don't think there is going to be a way to put items up for display like we currently can in the Free Market.

Yeah, I got that it was your intention, but I am also trying to curtail the other unintended impacts that could come from some things. Still, we can't catch all of them.
  • ThomMedalCollectorThomMedalCollector
    Reactions: 910
    edited February 2018
    It is a good idea, but than we don't need to dc when trying enter the Auction House like i have and i guess more Maplers that have this issue.
  • DexdinosaurDexdinosaur
    Reactions: 410
    edited February 2018
    I'd also like to see the auction house shared across all of the servers. It would give initiative to players that would rather play on a less busy server, but still wouldn't mind being able to purchase and sell decent gear.
    virgilis
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited February 2018
    I agree with including the IGN to help avoid potential dupers, as well as hackers/botters.
    As for auto-buy, do you suggest allocating funds into the Auction House to pay for an item (somewhat like how the Meso Market works), or taking funds straight from your inventory? I think if auto-buy is implemented, it should also include a hierarchy system so you can give an item priority over another.
    A messenger in the AH would be nice, especially in regards to players who are not always online for people to track or whisper. This would make AH much more efficient than the Free Market, as I often disconnected from the game, or my shop ran out of time, before I got to see some messages people left me.

To add to your suggestions, I think it would be helpful to implement a little timer icon on the item image, like is done in the Free Market or inventory, to differentiate from temporary and permanent items (particularly NX equips). This was mentioned in a suggestion topic I made (you can find it in my Discussions for more info). Although it might be uncommon to run into a problem with temporary/permanent items, I think anyone would hate to be the one in that situation. Adding a timer icon will make it a little easier in general to look through items, and the icon was implemented in the Free Market, so I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be included as well in the Auction House.
  • FawkoFawko
    edited February 2018
    Renni wrote: »
    I agree with including the IGN to help avoid potential dupers, as well as hackers/botters.
    As for auto-buy, do you suggest allocating funds into the Auction House to pay for an item (somewhat like how the Meso Market works), or taking funds straight from your inventory? I think if auto-buy is implemented, it should also include a hierarchy system so you can give an item priority over another.
    A messenger in the AH would be nice, especially in regards to players who are not always online for people to track or whisper. This would make AH much more efficient than the Free Market, as I often disconnected from the game, or my shop ran out of time, before I got to see some messages people left me.

To add to your suggestions, I think it would be helpful to implement a little timer icon on the item image, like is done in the Free Market or inventory, to differentiate from temporary and permanent items (particularly NX equips). This was mentioned in a suggestion topic I made (you can find it in my Discussions for more info). Although it might be uncommon to run into a problem with temporary/permanent items, I think anyone would hate to be the one in that situation. Adding a timer icon will make it a little easier in general to look through items, and the icon was implemented in the Free Market, so I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be included as well in the Auction House.

I definitely agree with the point about duration items being shown with the little clock. This has actually happened to me where I bought a Lemon Shooting Star Ring that was "cheap" but it ended up being temporary!
    RenniThomMedalCollector
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited March 2019
    (Reviving the dead, but I don't care)

All that I'd really want to see included is the seller's IGN for the items listed. Mainly to help identify potential dupers or items farmed by bots, as there are definitely duped/bot farmed items that appear (and that's just in Luna. I imagine it's far worse in the NA servers).
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Raise meso cap so we can actually sell things in the AH?
  • MalvonMalvon
    Reactions: 1,340
    edited March 2019
    If they would raise the meso cap that you could sell stuff on the AH for maybe tie it to your account age, like if your account is 6 months you have an extra 10 billion cap you could set it for.

Have the cap go up by 5 billion every 3 months and have it cap out after 3-5 years something like that. Plus It would be a good idea to reward player loyalty and such.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    IGN on the auction house seems like an excellent thing to catch potential hackers/botters and keep the game cleaner. Too bad GMS won't do anything if KMS doesn't do it first even when it will improve the game. All we can do is hope KMS gets IGNs in AH someday.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited March 2019
    your an idiot

You're*