[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS-Raising Star Cap, Rebirth Flames & Neb Revamp?

Comments

• GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    I believe that Nebulites should be replaced with Flames of Rebirth.
    The existing nebulite stats applied to equips will be set as flamed stats after a system revamp.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited December 2017
    The existing nebulite stats applied to equips will be set as flamed stats after a system revamp.

What about those on Luna who currently have both on an item?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017

Nebs are not the reason flames arnt in the game so i dont agree with replacing them with flames.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Okhura wrote: »

Probably the nebulite's stats will be added additionally to the existing flamed stats...
  • ArrowsMindArrowsMind
    Reactions: 610
    edited January 2018
    Okhura wrote: »

Probably the nebulite's stats will be added additionally to the existing flamed stats...

i am from luna we got flamed gear with nebs on there and some people even have 17/18* gear so the end gear build for us atm way diffrent than ordinary gms like for us some of us have like 17/18* meister shoulders or like 17* flamed scarlet shoulder and 17*meister/scarlet ring also the newer players who join luna can never catch up to the strongest in the current state of the game like some people got like a 260stat cra top or bottom with 21att-32att without potential so then you got people who are nwe to the server which cant afford those since they are real rare now also like just ordinary flamed gear is in the hands of the strongest like 60stat flamed gears used to be like 600m for us but now 20b+ per item the luna server is gettign slowly whiped out since the whole server gear build isnt fair so more and more people are quitting oue server.earring.JPG
    https://imgur.com/a/SOkQp

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2018

I don't think there is a 25% boss additional options or decent skills. Rings, shoulders and 2ndries aren't flammable (also our badges aren't either.)

Item that cannot be flamed or items with results on unobtainable by flames that were affected Nebs cannot be simply converted by changing an A% 4% All stat neb into a 4% All stat additional stat.

I am also aware no one wants the scissor count that is in KMS. MSEA has a scissorless, weaker version of flames and cannot craft flames while KMS has the full strength flames and allows you to craft them (KMS has tiers 3-7 and MSEA has 1-5.) The ideal GMS version would be flames 3-7, no scissor count and being able to craft them.

Also guys, Happy New Year!
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    If I am not mistaken flames/stars have been in discussion for over a year now. It's time for an update.
    ShadowParadoxStargeth
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited February 2018
    @Daxterbeer: When you first suggested the addition of flames, it was at a time in Maple where they were hardly necessary. With the release of significantly harder end-tier bosses such as Hard Lotus/Damien/Lucid/Will, the current gear already needs to be pretty much maxed to clear them effectively (and in the case of Hard Will, to simply clear maybe a phase or two and not even the full boss).

A somewhat unrelated idea would be to give flames to non-Reboot servers (and not to Reboot) and to give bonus potential cubes to Reboot servers so that both Reboot and non-Reboot servers could eventually clear Hard Will. With the current setups, I don't see either non-Reboot or Reboot servers taking down that boss anytime soon (because as it stands, it doesn't seem like any foreseeable changes will be taking place gear-wise until the release of Hard Will).
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited March 2018
    Stargeth wrote: »
    @Daxterbeer: When you first suggested the addition of flames, it was at a time in Maple where they were hardly necessary. With the release of significantly harder end-tier bosses such as Hard Lotus/Damien/Lucid/Will, the current gear already needs to be pretty much maxed to clear them effectively (and in the case of Hard Will, to simply clear maybe a phase or two and not even the full boss).

A somewhat unrelated idea would be to give flames to non-Reboot servers (and not to Reboot) and to give bonus potential cubes to Reboot servers so that both Reboot and non-Reboot servers could eventually clear Hard Will. With the current setups, I don't see either non-Reboot or Reboot servers taking down that boss anytime soon (because as it stands, it doesn't seem like any foreseeable changes will be taking place gear-wise until the release of Hard Will).

Strange question, why would you take bonus pots in reboot and make flames not available in Reboot? Flames are a nice addition to Reboot shop and they are in Legion, and Dojo, etc. in both Reboot and non-reboot.
    If I am not mistaken flames/stars have been in discussion for over a year now. It's time for an update.

Is it a very hard decision or is their silence a way of avoiding us?

D6ZozNrnwDpEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Something new about this?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited March 2018
    Someone should ask the devs about flames when they go to Maple fest :3. I would like to see if they can dodge a question like that.
    Beef
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    I will find the game to be more interesting when flames of rebirth will be introduced and additional options will randomally being applied to equips once obtained.

As for now, I find the game is boring to me even more than it was ever.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited March 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Someone should ask the devs about flames when they go to Maple fest :3. I would like to see if they can dodge a question like that.

they dodged the question at the live Q&A, what makes you think they can't dodge it at another one?

they dont even need to remove nebs, they should just implement EMS's version of flames which solves the problem anyone in GMS had with flames when it was just in KMS.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    The reason we bring up the possibility of either hard or soft removal of nebs is that many of us are under the impression that we don't have flames because of nebs. If that is the case, let's remove nebs. Flames are a far superior system.

Hard removal: completely remove nebulites both from gear and as items.

Soft removal: items are only allowed to have flames OR a neb. This would require a new item to completely remove the neb and socket, as well as an item to remove additional option (for those who want neb instead.)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited March 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    The reason we bring up the possibility of either hard or soft removal of nebs is that many of us are under the impression that we don't have flames because of nebs. If that is the case, let's remove nebs. Flames are a far superior system.

Hard removal: completely remove nebulites both from gear and as items.

Soft removal: items are only allowed to have flames OR a neb. This would require a new item to completely remove the neb and socket, as well as an item to remove additional option (for those who want neb instead.)

but as stated by official staff a long time ago it wasnt because of that, it was because of certain setbacks like making equips perm untradable after the scissor count hit 0 (also some players were confused and thought Silver SoK was the same as an SoK).

from the original "A better maple Survey" answers

mOiBciY.png

but all the relevant problems of the KMS implementation are fixed by the EMS implementation.

Untill you get something solid from a member of team saying "it's because of nebs" there's no reason to believe it's because of nebs.

In the same survey, they said they didnt plan on implementing souls unless requested by the playerbase because they didnt feel the stats gave much benefit.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »

they dodged the question at the live Q&A, what makes you think they can't dodge it at another one?

they dont even need to remove nebs, they should just implement EMS's version of flames which solves the problem anyone in GMS had with flames when it was just in KMS.

SavageAce Said, and i Quote : "Could Be"

Watch this, you can barely hear it, but when he laughs after matt asks him if this is a reference to adding : "Flames and additional stars" SavageAce answers : Could be.

( Start the video from 11 : 43 )

also for the scissors, silver sok are changed in kms to function exactly the same like a normal sok from the cash shop would.
    ( we already got that patch from KMS where it was changed to be like a normal sok but we don't have the item )

for your other question : you can reset the scissor count by using : Perfect Innocence Scrolls ( but it also resets the Additional Options / Bonus Stats, aka Flames )
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited March 2018

SavageAce Said, and i Quote : "Could Be"

Watch this, you can barely hear it, but when he laughs after matt asks him if this is a reference to adding : "Flames and additional stars" SavageAce answers : Could be.

( Start the video from 11 : 43 )

also for the scissors, silver sok are changed in kms to function exactly the same like a normal sok from the cash shop would.
    ( we already got that patch from KMS where it was changed to be like a normal sok but we don't have the item )

for your other question : you can reset the scissor count by using : Perfect Innocence Scrolls ( but it also resets the Additional Options / Bonus Stats, aka Flames )

him saying "could be" isnt the same as saying it's the neb system, he just asked how people felt about the neb system in general as Neb system revamp is something also requested frequently (and for years) and matt sort of led that into Flames and stars under the popular assumption that it's one or the other. "Could be" just means he knows of the topic and acknowledges it while deciding not to give any info at all. he could have been hinting at Neb revamp or could have been hinting at system removal, he could have just been hinting at addiing the system as is, it was just a way to dodge directly answering a question.

I know all about the system, I was saying there were many people worried and confused about the system (not me) that couldn't understand the difference between Silver SoK and an SoK at the time, I know how to reset the count too, but at the time they were problems that most people were confused and scared by and thus were part of the factors of why we didnt get the system.

I didnt have any questions, I was just stating facts of how we didnt get implementation of flames.

everyone is busy assuming while we have a rather direct answer from the team.

I think anyone going to the event that wants to bring up bonus stats/ Flames, should also ask the question as to why we haven't had it implemented yet for a direct answer.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited March 2018
    might need them for the new boss
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Untill you get something solid from a member of team saying "it's because of nebs" there's no reason to believe it's because of nebs.

In the same survey, they said they didnt plan on implementing souls unless requested by the playerbase because they didnt feel the stats gave much benefit.

In today's maple many players believe it would be op to have both nebs and flames - I provided a way to get rid of the terrible neb system for the superior flame system.

If they want to let us have both I don't care - but others do.

It's also in reference to updating the neb system. It would be far easier to just give us flames and phase out or flatly remove nebs. Specifically, flames are a perfectly functioning system they could just turn on where nebs would require development. Again, they could do both but will they?
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »

In today's maple many players believe it would be op to have both nebs and flames - I provided a way to get rid of the terrible neb system for the superior flame system.

If they want to let us have both I don't care - but others do.

It's also in reference to updating the neb system. It would be far easier to just give us flames and phase out or flatly remove nebs. Specifically, flames are a perfectly functioning system they could just turn on where nebs would require development. Again, they could do both but will they?

Only time will tell but don't hold your breath i mean : It's NEXON we are talking about here.

the best thing to do would be to keep nebulites and turn on the switch on flames, then people won't complain that their nebs got removed etc... ( I mean i can understand if all of their gear had nebulites on it, and suddenly it got removed with out any compensation that would suck, so if they are gonna remove nebulites they should announce it before hand and give a proper compensation ( not something like 15K Maple Points )

i also don't think we would be as broken as TMS, because tms can use : 5 Hammers, special att scrolls, att overall, and many more broken stuff, so people should not say the excuse that : "We are gonna be broken like TMS", we don't have Boss% on pets in GMS Do we?!

Also 22 Starred and Flamed Transposed Sweetwater would not be that broken, i still think the Arcane set would be better because it's level 200, and that means higher Flamed stats and higher stats from star forcing past 15.

Sweetwater is untradable forever, so i think it's a good trade off, i would like to see sweetwater being psokable like other gear, but that's up to nexon to decide.