[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Minor Patch - October 20, 2016

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

ok, im EXTREMELY happy stellar detective is going back where it belongs (any news on masteria and mushroom shrine tales?) and the reboot medal

But seriously? Nothing is being done about the massive number of crashes leading people to not be able to do events? The glitched quest in haunted mansion? the fubar with the high school event end?

stellar detective and the medal are the only NECESSARY changes in this, where are the ones that totally bleeped people over? why arent they being fixed?

(i know yall here are only the messengers. Not mad at you, mad at them, but you are the ones we get to talk to about it)
    I'll give some insight.

They probably didn't have enough time to find the issues/solutions within the time-frame that they planned this Unscheduled Minor Patch.

I think the more important issue is recognition with current bugs instead of quietly ninja-fixing them or never getting to them or complete silence. Communication and time allowance and efficiency is key here.
    Diannika
  • TroubleTrouble
    Reactions: 920
    edited October 2016
    What about the Cash Shop bug in which you cannot purchase anything because it says you have reached the maximum:999 items?? '_'
    CaughtByLove
  • Frozen0507Frozen0507
    Reactions: 610
    edited October 2016
    Maple Global is Coming back to its deep hole again after 177.2
    Matahary
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Diannika
    Diannika said:

ok, im EXTREMELY happy stellar detective is going back where it belongs (any news on masteria and mushroom shrine tales?) and the reboot medal

But seriously? Nothing is being done about the massive number of crashes leading people to not be able to do events? The glitched quest in haunted mansion? the fubar with the high school event end?

stellar detective and the medal are the only NECESSARY changes in this, where are the ones that totally bleeped people over? why arent they being fixed?

(i know yall here are only the messengers. Not mad at you, mad at them, but you are the ones we get to talk to about it)
    I'll give some insight.

They probably didn't have enough time to find the issues/solutions within the time-frame that they planned this Unscheduled Minor Patch.

I think the more important issue is recognition with current bugs instead of quietly ninja-fixing them or never getting to them or complete silence. Communication and time allowance and efficiency is key here.
    Fair enough, for the most part, but there is literally no defence for pulling the game down without fixing what makes important portions completely unplayable for many people. ok, the issue with the old event can probably wait till next weeks maintenance.

the fact that so many people simply CANNOT do the current event at all cant

(note: if they werent "fixing" the petty stuff like filter, maybe they would have had time to fix the crashing....)
  • fightmerlfightmerl
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    Reinstating the filter is among the worst decision you've ever made. I was really in a good mood from the optimization and reading tons of chat without issues I even went on an NX spree. Seeing the reinstatement and the attitude which it's addressed by administration in this thread has me immediately regretting that decision and wishing I had done something else with my time this week so far.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

Why not make the censor option toggle-able? (disabled by default, enabled by user)
    I definitely agree with a toggle option. If people want to cuss, they'll do so regardless of the filter anyways. They'll always find a way to bypass the filter, and when people use a certain variation long enough, Nexon will censor it as well. Take for example the word "gay." Years ago, the purposefully misspelled version "gey" wasn't censored in game but it now is due to how many people used it. As people keep finding ways to work around the filter, more and more words will have to be censored, which could cause problems for strings of words in conversation.
    fightmerlDariusJQuellan
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    (nvm)

Great insight Maryse, thank you!

Hey np man. :D
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

Why not make the censor option toggle-able? (disabled by default, enabled by user)
    I definitely agree with a toggle option. If people want to cuss, they'll do so regardless of the filter anyways. They'll always find a way to bypass the filter, and when people use a certain variation long enough, Nexon will censor it as well. Take for example the word "gay." Years ago, the purposefully misspelled version "gey" wasn't censored in game but it now is due to how many people used it. As people keep finding ways to work around the filter, more and more words will have to be censored, which could cause problems for strings of words in conversation.
    they also have gaaaay and gaaaaaay in the filter iirc, It makes me laugh.
    fightmerl
  • GhostriderGhostrider
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    Not sure of this is a bug or not, but I was trying to do the quest "Tears of the Forest" and I didn't get the items I needed from the quest NPC.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

Fair enough, for the most part, but there is literally no defence for pulling the game down without fixing what makes important portions completely unplayable for many people. ok, the issue with the old event can probably wait till next weeks maintenance.

the fact that so many people simply CANNOT do the current event at all cant

(note: if they werent "fixing" the petty stuff like filter, maybe they would have had time to fix the crashing....)
    Some people would differ, but I'll agree with you on this one.

With the minor exception of the filter. I think it's a controversial topic that should be reserved for the appropriate place. However I would like to point out that the mistake they made to "unleash the beast" has given us openings for future suggestions, an example seen here:
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

As a note, we did see all of your comments regarding the language filter and are looking into some potential adjustments to the system.
    There's much more I would like to say, but I don't think it's the right time or place for that. At the best, I'd like to see officials engage with the community more about the possible "potential adjustments to the system" that is wanted, not just randomly guessed and assumed. We are the players that make the MapleStory community which leads me to believe that there should be at least a proper discussion on this topic.
    UzumefightmerlDiannika
  • PanzaGhorPanzaGhor
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    EMS is dead and we can't play GMS because you guys literally hate us, we just wanted to play a game that we love but it seems that you guys want to lose the few remaining EMS players out there.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    PanzaGhor
    PanzaGhor said:

EMS is dead and we can't play GMS because you guys literally hate us, we just wanted to play a game that we love but it seems that you guys want to lose the few remaining EMS players out there.
    The migration hasn't been finalized yet. Once it has been, the IP block will be lifted. This has been known for literally months at this point. Calm your nips.
    DariusJQuellan
  • ImaBlastImaBlast
    Reactions: 1,225
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    My son learned the F word in daycare at the age of 3. He's learned more curse words in school and from tv. Seeing them in game now it's old news to him. Most kids today have seen, heard, or done worse already. I think they should give us the option of a filtered chat or not. They could put it in system options. They could make age verification part of opening your account for the first time or something. I mean there are ways to give us an option rather than get censored for saying bu* ***, but its not gonna happen.
    fightmerlThe Blue Corsair
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    ImaBlast
    ImaBlast said:

My son learned the F word in daycare at the age of 3. He's learned more curse words in school and from tv. Seeing them in game now it's old news to him. Most kids today have seen, heard, or done worse already. I think they should give us the option of a filtered chat or not. They could put it in system options. They could make age verification part of opening your account for the first time or something. I mean there are ways to give us an option rather than get censored for saying bu* ***, but its not gonna happen.
    Didn't they use to ask for your age? I feel like back when I joined, they asked me for my date of birth..
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

SwordBoss
    SwordBoss said:

Agree!! And people who want to read it is the one who toggle it on and off. And I wish we can toggle on and off Smega too. When we got tired with the smega fight and on training, so we can mute it.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    awwe no the censors back
    back to talking in **********
    when your not even swearing
    needing to
    t
    y
    p
    e
    l
    i
    k
    e
    t
    h
    i
    s
    <
    /
  • PanzaGhorPanzaGhor
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

PanzaGhor
    PanzaGhor said:

The migration hasn't been finalized yet. Once it has been, the IP block will be lifted. This has been known for literally months at this point. Calm your nips.
    I left EMS years ago because it has always been the dead version of the game and i wanted to come back because of the merge, migrated my old account and now i can't access it because it's glitched. I don't care if ill have to start a new one, i just want to have some fun in a game that i used to play as a kid but i won't play if they keep canceling the merge, i have over 300 games on steam and i won't waste my time waiting for a game to die before i can get my hands on it.

• DorDor
    Reactions: 710
    edited October 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

iExpodiZz said:

You better not fix the language filter, that's the most fun I've had since Pre-bigbang
    It's coming back. Hope everyone got it out of their system. I also wonder how many people know that our standard language rules still applied as they were saying some of those.... choice words. ;)

As a note, we did see all of your comments regarding the language filter and are looking into some potential adjustments to the system.
    These filters do more harm than good, the majority of the content censored in messages is wrongfully detected resulting communication issues, can't even say things like "minigames" without half the word being censored. I am no child, I do not need these filters regardless, an option to turn them off is on the wishlist of every other player, perhaps it is time you deliver.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited October 2016
    Maintenance for MapleStory has concluded as of 6:31PM. Thanks for your patience everyone!
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    PanzaGhor
    PanzaGhor said:

I left EMS years ago because it has always been the dead version of the game and i wanted to come back because of the merge, migrated my old account and now i can't access it because it's glitched. I don't care if ill have to start a new one, i just want to have some fun in a game that i used to play as a kid but i won't play if they keep canceling the merge, i have over 300 games on steam and i won't waste my time waiting for a game to die before i can get my hands on it.
    They've never cancelled the merge, just delayed it. There are those who wanna keep their accounts, and Nexon wants to ensure they don't accidentally delete all their accounts in the process.