[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This new ways to get coins for Anniversary

NyvorNyvor
Reactions: 1,720
edited April 2018 in General Chat
Many items are just ridiculously cheap at this point in Auction House, and the new "AFK", or "Mobile phone games" ways to get coins are just.... Dissapointing, and not worthy for the items at shop.
This actually discourage to train on getting levels when It should be supposed to be the opposite. Many of us are still not 235 and Esfera is just left at the corner.
Why not instead of getting new silly mini games, we get events that helps us to get level faster? (And Planet Glacious is not even a choice with the no combo, rune, or drop system).

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited April 2018
    leveling has been made much easier just with the passage of time. Just how easy do you want it? Will you not be happy untill Nexon makes a button that u push to instantly level up your character any time you want all the way to 250? Leveling up should be kept semi difficult and time consuming to make it feel rewarding for those who put the time in to climb the mountain that is leveling up to 250. If everyone could climb mount. Everest then what's the point of even bothering to begin with? While I am using that parody I would also like to say there are way too many people cheating and having a sherpa carry them up that mountain while they put zero effort in lol. (dang botters!)
    Gerome
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited April 2018
    As a university student approaching finals (next month), and still having exams besides that, it's nice to be able to afk while I study. Why am I thinking about maple while I should be "focusing on school?" Because I can balance my life properly lol.

That aside, I quite enjoy games like cart rider and the reversal game. Haven't had a crack at the others due to an exam tomorrow, but it's nice to just take a break from the grind and have fun in addition to getting rewarded for it. None of that collection or grinding this time around.

Full disclosure about my status in case anyone is concerned:
    Normal server, F2P player.
    Traveler5577FieldSkyCatooolooo
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited April 2018
    I wish things were a little more balanced and that there were both options and they were equally rewarding, so to speak. I enjoy *some* of the mini-games in these events, but I suck at most of them, they stress me and annoy me to no end and I end up ignoring them and ignoring the event since coins (which seem to be the solution for everything these days, sadly) are kinda hard to get unless you play those annoying mini-games a lot. :P So, I kinda wish there were some options that would actually pay off to combine training and getting good exp with getting coins for the event of the moment, so I could spend time getting myself annoyed by mini-games some of the time, and then go and take the annoyance off of monsters that would help me level some of the thousands of secondary characters you kinda "have" to make to try to make your main character stronger (and, in my case, able to train at lvl200+ spots, since I'm a Bishop and, at this point, I keep dying and dying... ¬¬). :P Since nowadays the Legion system needs us to make a lot of characters that have to get to insane levels (at least for someone like me, who has TWO characters that have made it to lvl200 in all these years), it would be nice if there were more options that would make these events worth it to level said extra characters while getting stuff to participate in the event and get the equips or thingies that the coins shops of the event sell. :P
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2018
    You guys know that by getting the alien skills you can get coins by training? It's much faster than afking in Vita planet for a meager 18 stardust/minute. It's better now than most events because you don't have to loot an item to get stardust it's automatically added to the meter.

1 skill gives 1 coin if you 1hko 10 mobs within the time limit that it's up (180 second cooldown)
    Idk how much the UFO gives but simply killing mobs grant a 20% chance at getting 5 stardust, so the better mobber you are the faster it is and can compete against only doing mini-games.
    TachikawaHiyokoCatooolooo
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, I've been doing the alien skills thing with the character I'm currently training while I'm actively playing, and then I leave a character (the same or other, now that I'm considering trying to get some stuff with another character aside from the mule I'm training) getting the stardust thingie passively in the special map when I can't play actively for whatever reason (sleeping, eating, reading, cooking, watching TV or whatever). I just wish that the option, withing this event, that gives a lot of experience if you train there (the sub-zero hunt thing) would be more integrated with the rest so you could get stardust while training there, for example. :P But, yeah, at least hunting monsters around your level actually helps towards the getting coins/stardust goal. :D That's a savior for me! And the part of being able to afk and getting thingies passively, even if it's slow, it's also good, since there are stuff to do in real life that take me away from the game more that I'd like, hahaha. :)

Thanks for the tip, though! ;)
  • SnowedSnowed
    Reactions: 840
    edited April 2018
    The best way to get coins is by going to Aqua World and playing the mini game Reverse Battle, 200 coins in 30mins or so.