Jett's mobbing ability is downright awful. It's not just about the damage; the skills are designed poorly overall. Here are some reasons why Jett's mobbing is horrible:
1. Most of the skills cannot be used while jumping. This is a serious problem especially in the Arcane River areas, where the maps are huge and frequent jumping is required.
2. Cosmic Upheaval causes disconnection.
3. Jett's mobility was nerfed during the Override update, making the situation even worse.
The biggest problem, I'd say, is number one. Out of Jett's fourteen attack skills, only three of them can be used while jumping. And even those skills not fit for mobbing for following reasons:
1. Starline One
Amazing hitbox, is it not? Even DBs can hit farther than that.
2. Starline Two
Horribly low damage of 840%. It's casting animation is absurdly long too.
3. Vortex Cross
480% damage. Even lower than Starline Two!
I'm not asking for 0 CD Starfall to come back.
Here's my suggestion that can improve Jett's mobbing ability without being too OP.
This skill is Planet Buster. It has a great hitbox and can be used as you jump. The only problem is that it has a cooldown of 5 seconds.
So this is what I propose:
1. Replace Planet Buster-Critical Chance → Planet Buster-Cooldown Cutter, completely removing its cooldown once you learn the skill.
2. Nerf Planet Buster's damage. The current damage of Planet Buster is 1150% * 5 = 5750%, which would be too powerful for a spammable skill. About 500% damage per hit (so the total damage would be 2500%) seems reasonable.
I've played this class for years and enjoyed it quite much. That is why I want Jett to be buffed, so it can be a more playable class. Please consider my suggestion.