[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett's mobbing ability needs to be buffed

BelloPallyBelloPally
Reactions: 1,905
edited April 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Jett's mobbing ability is downright awful. It's not just about the damage; the skills are designed poorly overall. Here are some reasons why Jett's mobbing is horrible:

1. Most of the skills cannot be used while jumping. This is a serious problem especially in the Arcane River areas, where the maps are huge and frequent jumping is required.
2. Cosmic Upheaval causes disconnection.
3. Jett's mobility was nerfed during the Override update, making the situation even worse.

The biggest problem, I'd say, is number one. Out of Jett's fourteen attack skills, only three of them can be used while jumping. And even those skills not fit for mobbing for following reasons:

OMMlfuI.png
1. Starline One
Amazing hitbox, is it not? Even DBs can hit farther than that.

9rJdhXF.png
2. Starline Two
Horribly low damage of 840%. It's casting animation is absurdly long too.

q4gJYey.png
3. Vortex Cross
480% damage. Even lower than Starline Two!

I'm not asking for 0 CD Starfall to come back. Here's my suggestion that can improve Jett's mobbing ability without being too OP.

A6r4xHs.png
This skill is Planet Buster. It has a great hitbox and can be used as you jump. The only problem is that it has a cooldown of 5 seconds.

So this is what I propose:
1. Replace Planet Buster-Critical Chance → Planet Buster-Cooldown Cutter, completely removing its cooldown once you learn the skill.
2. Nerf Planet Buster's damage. The current damage of Planet Buster is 1150% * 5 = 5750%, which would be too powerful for a spammable skill. About 500% damage per hit (so the total damage would be 2500%) seems reasonable.

I've played this class for years and enjoyed it quite much. That is why I want Jett to be buffed, so it can be a more playable class. Please consider my suggestion.
Reoshikai

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2018
    840% for a 2nd job skill isn't too bad. and vortex cross is more for mobility.
    I agree planet buster should become the main mobbing skill, and back up beat down needs to be changed or replaced.
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited April 2018
    Honestly, I think just fixing the Cosmic Upheaval dc glitch will make things a lot better.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    edited April 2018

I am aware of that. I just listed all the Jett skills that can be used in midair, and explained why each skill is not fit as a mobbing skill.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited April 2018
    Oh look a jett post! :)
    Here are some things i think can be done to make Jett more viable :

Increase mobility
    1. Starline combo should be able to be cancelled into vortex jump the way it could be first job.
    2. Starline 2 is just garbage and should have a faster cast animation / range.
    3. Allow starline 4 to be able to be cast midair and maybe increase the damage+speed of the entire combo.
    oh, and prenerf spacewalk pls.

Fix bugs
    4. Fix the DC bug with cosmic upheaval and leftover SP points.

Increase DPS
    5. Give Jett a node for strikeforce showdown (final attack).
    6. Get rid of the the range booster hyperskill for starforce salvo and replace it with +ignore defence or something.
    7. Change +crit% planet buster to +%damage.
    8. Change the hitbox of Backup Beatdown to be the same as xenons beam dance.

Nexon probably isn't going to bother giving Jett a large scale update anytime soon but the cosmic upheaval bug needs to be fixed ASAP.

DarkPassengerReoshikai
    edited April 2018
    Oh look a jett post! :)
    Here are some things i think can be done to make Jett more viable :

Increase mobility
    1. Starline combo should be able to be cancelled into vortex jump the way it could be first job.
    2. Starline 2 is just garbage and should have a faster cast animation / range.
    3. Allow starline 4 to be able to be cast midair and maybe increase the damage+speed of the entire combo.
    oh, and prenerf spacewalk pls.

Fix bugs
    4. Fix the DC bug with cosmic upheaval and leftover SP points.

Increase DPS
    5. Give Jett a node for strikeforce showdown (final attack).
    6. Get rid of the the range booster hyperskill for starforce salvo and replace it with +ignore defence or something.
    7. Change +crit% planet buster to +%damage.
    8. Change the hitbox of Backup Beatdown to be the same as xenons beam dance.

Nexon probably isn't going to bother giving Jett a large scale update anytime soon but the cosmic upheaval bug needs to be fixed ASAP.

to add a bit, back up beat down should have the same mechanics as beam dance, as it is now, Back up beat down isn't smooth at all, while beam dance is.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    edited April 2018
    to add a bit, back up beat down should have the same mechanics as beam dance, as it is now, Back up beat down isn't smooth at all, while beam dance is.

Backup Beatdown's mechanic is similar to La Mancha Spear of DK. (Cannot jump while using the skill & final attack automatically triggered) Quite shameful for a 4th job skill to be based on a 3rd job skill... Lol.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited April 2018
    Lol I remember, as a Hero, still using 1st job skills at 3rd job before BigBang. Then at 4th job, finally a new main skill :D Still stupid using 3rd job skill at 4th. I agree to remove Planet Buster cooldown, honestly.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited April 2018
    I agree planet buster should become the main mobbing skill, and back up beat down needs to be changed or replaced.

It's only 1 line though, and only becomes 840% after you reach 4th job and put sp into starline 3 and 4. Starline 2 also has to be at max level for it to be 840% upon putting sp into SL3 and 4. On it's own it's only around 300% damage and still 1 line.

I'd also like to pitch that all they do is increase Starline 1's attack range to be about 3/4ths the range of Starline 4. Starline 2 attack range increase would be optional.

One thing we have to consider is the 7% final damage nodes for Starline which will be buffed significantly after V:Care comes to GMS and raises the cap for enhancement node levels by 10. for most classes they only receive 20% more final damage to their main enhancment nodes that are mostly 4th job skills while Jett would get a hefty 70% more final damage to only Starline skills. 30% more to Starforce Salvo, which would almost be on par with Corsairs individual Rapid Fire & Majestic Presence nodes 180% (1 enhancement slot) vs 200% (100% *2 enhancement slots)
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited April 2018
    Starline Two technically has two lines, but anyways.

I think the best option would to be increase Backup Beatdown's range and let us jump when using it.
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    edited April 2018
    UserRed wrote: »
    I think the best option would to be increase Backup Beatdown's range and let us jump when using it.

And make Beatdown's final attack to be triggered ONLY when we let go of the skill key. Seriously, that automatic final attack is so annoying.
    edited April 2018
    BelloPally wrote: »
    UserRed wrote: »

And make Beatdown's final attack to be triggered ONLY when we let go of the skill key. Seriously, that automatic final attack is so annoying.

That has to be changed to be cast intermittently while you use the skill.