[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hackers and beating their game?

CassaCassanovaCassaCassanova
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
heeya,
there are a few hackers on the game and i was wondering.
is it allowed to kill the monsters before the hackers can or if the hackers got misplaced because of a boss to kill the mob.
or is that not allowed

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    It is considered "benefiting from hacking activities," and so is not allowed.
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited April 2018
    heeya,
    is it allowed to kill the monsters before the hackers can or if the hackers got misplaced because of a boss to kill the mob.
    or is that not allowed
    Lol, sure. A few.
    saladsenpaii
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited April 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    It is considered "benefiting from hacking activities," and so is not allowed.

Does this include when all the mobs are in one place when you CC onto a new map? Like for VJ Dailies ?
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited April 2018
    what if you're trying to kill mobs for a quest and the specific map that has those mobs has hackers on every single channel? What are you supposed to do then? Just give up?
    SlicedTimesaladsenpaii
  • PlaySpencerPlaySpencer
    Reactions: 735
    edited April 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    what if you're trying to kill mobs for a quest and the specific map that has those mobs has hackers on every single channel? What are you supposed to do then? Just give up?

Yea, or risk a ban. The TOS are absolute according to them. Personally I just kill em just like 99.9998% of the people who can't go 1 hour in the game without running into those hacked monsters.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited April 2018
    Nyvor wrote: »
    heeya,
    or is that not allowed
    Lol, sure. A few.

So true, I barely find legit players when I'm training.
    zoutzakje wrote: »

Actually yes, give up, just like I did, since I couldn't train AT ALL, hackers just came in and ksed me, I changed channel, more hackers, I changed to another ch again, more hackers, I did that over and over, and I just find more and more hackers, so I simply gave up.