[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Best equipment set in the game?

MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
Reactions: 510
edited May 2018 in General Chat
I'm working on my equipment, and I'd like to know a few things about this.
Well, I understand that currently, Sweetwater is the best equipment set currently in the game? I might be wrong, so if can anyone confirm this it would be nice.
Another question that needs to be asked, is, what happens if a stronger equipment set is released? Does that mean, all the hard work people have put into the previous equipment set is gone and was for nothing?
Assuming Sweetwater is indeed the best equipment set(again, correct me if I am wrong), if I start working on it and using scrolls and enhancing the equipment. What's the point if a stronger set will be released in the future at some point?
Last question - can Fafnir be better than Sweetwater, in one way or another?
Thanks in advance and appreciate your answers.

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Hmm i think it goes like this

1. Arcane set
    2.Absolab/Fafnir set
    3.Sweetwater set

Sweetwater is like only worth in reboot imo because of the lack of suction house for fafnir.
    While sweetwater is strong, you can't equip the tyrant boots though making you rather weaker.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    the BiS (best in slot) equips depend on which server you play in, if you play in reboot then I believe SW equips are BiS, however if you play in reg servers there are different BiS equipment

for your concerns about the current BiS equips getting overshadowed by better equips in the future, that's part of game and equipment growth. the game is going through some changes that may makke the Arcane Umbra (lvl 200 equips) set better than most sets in the game, but can only be gotten through fighting really powerful bosses that require you to have a high damage output, so the point of having those equips upgraded is so you can access these stronger equipment.

Faf is considered BiS in reg servers because in reg servers we combo gollux set, faf set and 11+ star Tyrant equips along with the fact that with the faf set you have a top and bottom that allows you for 6 lines of regular potential and 6 lines of bonus potential as opposed to an overall that only allows for 3 lines of regular potential and 3 lines of bonus potential.
  • drymandryman
    Reactions: 530
    edited May 2018
    Sweetwater set + arcane wep is BiS in both reg servers and reboot because you can transpose your tyrant gear onto it essentially wearing tyrants and getting the Sweetwater set at the same time.

In reboot, getting this BiS is very hard due to the lack of trading, forcing you to farm commerci until you get the required sweetwater items and farming kritias for tyrant gloves.

In reg servers most people avoid transposing because the items lose their tradability and end up using regular tyrants + arcane wep + 3 set fafnir.

Currently unsure if we're getting 25 stars and how it would change BiS.

For your last question, the fafnir set only overlaps with the sweetwater hat and is only used against it whenever the sweetwater doesn't have the rest of the sets to go with it.
  • MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    Reactions: 510
    edited May 2018
    Ah, so there's that Arcane level 200 items that are stronger... are they probably dropped by powerful bosses? I barely see them for sale in Auction house. So maybe its not something i should aim for at this early stage.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018
    Ah, so there's that Arcane level 200 items that are stronger... are they probably dropped by powerful bosses? I barely see them for sale in Auction house. So maybe its not something i should aim for at this early stage.

Arcane takes a while to get even 1 piece of equip
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited May 2018
    The same was said back in the day when Cygnus first came out. People were spending billions for a weapon and now we consider it junk! The world is always changing and the top equips are now are level 200 when the max character level is 250...There will be other better equips in the future that make the stuff we have now look like junk. I personally am not that interested in the 200 set because of how difficult it is to obtain and that it is an overall. I run Lucid with a group and have enough boss drops to make something but lack the other part that is dropped by monsters. If I ever have enough to make something I will probably just sell it.
    Catooolooo