[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• aroaroraroaror
    Reactions: 930
    edited June 2018
    Merged worlds = More peoples = More fun

Gomenasai++ !!!!!!!!

Acgnolia
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited June 2018
    aroaror wrote: »
    Merged worlds = More peoples = More fun

Gomenasai++ !!!!!!!!

hopefully we can get someone from nexon to agree with you
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2018
    I'd still appreciate being in a world with a lower population, just not as low as it is now (in GRAZED, at least). I, for one, decided not to move during that last transfer because I didn't want to deal with a bunch of people...so if they merge servers, I hope they don't merge them all into Bera like some people here are suggesting.

Also I'm seeing a bunch of numbers and percents being thrown around. Is there a concrete source for these or are people just pulling them out of the air.
  • LinkinbrLinkinbr
    Reactions: 100
    Please nexon, world merge NOW!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    I'd still appreciate being in a world with a lower population, just not as low as it is now (in GRAZED, at least). I, for one, decided not to move during that last transfer because I didn't want to deal with a bunch of people...so if they merge servers, I hope they don't merge them all into Bera like some people here are suggesting.

Also I'm seeing a bunch of numbers and percents being thrown around. Is there a concrete source for these or are people just pulling them out of the air.
    no actual source. They're made up. They didnt take into account the multiple accounts people make. And only partial stats can be gathered from steam users.

WZrkTachikawaHiyoko
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Maybe if we get this thread to be as long as the flames one they'll do something. ha haaaaa
    Acgnolia
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    I'd like a merge tbh, and I'm not sure if I posted here yet or not - but I still agree. So many dead servers. Even if they just got rid of maybe...3 of them it would still make a difference. And honestly, aren't they /losing/ money by still hosting servers that have such low populations?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Maybe if we get this thread to be as long as the flames one they'll do something. ha haaaaa

That was 11 pages of thinking and wishing and 3 pages wondering what June 20 would be like and how we are preparing the huge change.

I am not a fan of a populated server and quiet town scenario but the idea of having a single server with more channels. I took a look at Bera's Auction House and it had a lot of desirables (that is where all the whales migrated) and Henesys was filled with players and I felt somewhat happy, but moving there will make it hard to find empty training areas for those private moments. Having the servers merged with extra channels will combine the lively Auction House and the ability so meet with friends without arranging cross server playdates. The extra channels would make popular maps like Slurpy and CLP more available similar to those of underpopulated worlds (but will require a lot more channels.)

The only real thing this change would not fix are rankings for Dojo, Dream Defendor, etc. since you have more competition even if there were 100+ channels.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

That was 11 pages of thinking and wishing and 3 pages wondering what June 20 would be like and how we are preparing the huge change.

I am not a fan of a populated server and quiet town scenario but the idea of having a single server with more channels. I took a look at Bera's Auction House and it had a lot of desirables (that is where all the whales migrated) and Henesys was filled with players and I felt somewhat happy, but moving there will make it hard to find empty training areas for those private moments. Having the servers merged with extra channels will combine the lively Auction House and the ability so meet with friends without arranging cross server playdates. The extra channels would make popular maps like Slurpy and CLP more available similar to those of underpopulated worlds (but will require a lot more channels.)

The only real thing this change would not fix are rankings for Dojo, Dream Defendor, etc. since you have more competition even if there were 100+ channels.

I really actually like this idea of having more channels with just one server. It might also help for those maps which are usually loaded with bots and hackers, freeing up some of them (or at least I can hope)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018

Multiple channels won't fix smega spam, drama, and similar social issues of an overcrowded server.

I don't understand why people insist on cramming everyone into one big server, even those who don't want to be there.
    What do you gain from having miserable people in your world, who would be much happier in an "empty" world?
    (The BigCity/SmallTown scenario doesn't preclude additional channels for the BigCity)
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Multiple channels won't fix smega spam, drama, and similar social issues of an overcrowded server.

I don't understand why people insist on cramming everyone into one big server, even those who don't want to be there.
    What do you gain from having miserable people in your world, who would be much happier in an "empty" world?
    (The BigCity/SmallTown scenario doesn't preclude additional channels for the BigCity)

The extra channels allows users to escape regular crowded maps such as Henesys conversations overlapping or congesting hunting grounds, but it won't protect them from broadcasted smegas. Servers like GRAZED have auctions houses with only a few items. I can never find any of those Premium Attack Accessory Scrolls in GRAZED's auction house or find any perfected Fafnirs in GRAZED's empty market. Fever Time probably floods the Bera AH with traced Fafnirs and Spell Traces while the ones in the dead servers barely budge. Auction House with more items to buy is one of perks of having a larger population. Being in a small server with little or no market activity is like playing without trading, similar to Reboot or Pink Bean.

I've been stuck with a pair of 30% INT Earrings and I've been hoping to find someone who has LUK% and is willing to trade. In a more crowded server, you are more likely to find someone who might trade with you.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018

The extra channels allows users to escape regular crowded maps such as Henesys conversations overlapping or congesting hunting grounds, but it won't protect them from broadcasted smegas. Servers like GRAZED have auctions houses with only a few items. I can never find any of those Premium Attack Accessory Scrolls in GRAZED's auction house or find any perfected Fafnirs in GRAZED's empty market. Fever Time probably floods the Bera AH with traced Fafnirs and Spell Traces while the ones in the dead servers barely budge. Auction House with more items to buy is one of perks of having a larger population. Being in a small server with little or no market activity is like playing without trading, similar to Reboot or Pink Bean.

I've been stuck with a pair of 30% INT Earrings and I've been hoping to find someone who has LUK% and is willing to trade. In a more crowded server, you are more likely to find someone who might trade with you.

I understand that you don't want to be in a small server, and I fully support your wish to transfer to Bera or whatever "Big City" server.
    But you haven't explained why you don't want me, or the others in this thread who prefer low-population servers, to be able to stay in, or transfer to, an "empty" world.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited June 2018

So, that's how many pages it will take, we still got a long way to go.
  • aroaroraroaror
    edited June 2018
    A transfer event is considerable only if you can also transport all your characters and not just one, since you will loose all your link skills.+ you need to convince your friends to move with you. An official survey is necessary to really know how many % want to merge. I guess that if 75% will want, it will be enough to convince nexon. Ass mentioned already, even a little merge of some dead servers into one will be considerable, and it can be a step to see how its influence the game experience.
    edited June 2018
    A transfer event is considerable only if you can also transport all your characters and not just one, since you will loose all your link skills.+ you need to convince your friends to move with you. An official survey is necessary to really know how many % want to merge. I guess that if 75% will want, it will be enough to convince nexon. Ass mentioned already, even a little merge of some dead servers into one will be considerable, and it can be a step to see how its influence the game experience.

A survey wont be reliable since not every player goes on forums or discord. I'd say a very small sample size of the population is represented on the forum and discord.
  • aroaroraroaror
    edited June 2018

A survey wont be reliable since not every player goes on forums or discord. I'd say a very small sample size of the population is represented on the forum and discord.

I meant to an ingame survey. There is many ways to impose it before you can do anything on the game. Like this, only peoples that actually play will answer it and it will be more accurate.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited June 2018

no actual source. They're made up. They didnt take into account the multiple accounts people make. And only partial stats can be gathered from steam users.

I got a feeling that the one who liked that post of yours is your own account.... it only has 3 posts so far....

I understand that you don't want to be in a small server, and I fully support your wish to transfer to Bera or whatever "Big City" server.
    But you haven't explained why you don't want me, or the others in this thread who prefer low-population servers, to be able to stay in, or transfer to, an "empty" world.

Merge everything into Bera (except Reboot, and 1 more empty world)
    And those who wanna stay in that empty dead world, let them be.
    But you can not lock all those people (the majority of maple) in an empty dead worlds.... it's actually ignoring the majority and listening to like what? just a few people? how many people there actually want to be in a dead world?? 4? 5? 10? just how many....? ~.~
    edited June 2018
    BBQTime wrote: »

I got a feeling that the one who liked that post of yours is your own account.... it only has 3 posts so far....

Seriously? you only have 12, are you someone else's account? if this is the best you have to contribute, why bother trying to contribute. What a stupid thing to say. Their %s are made up, some didnt even add up to 100%.

• DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018
    the poll would need to take place during summer or winter break when there's the higher chance of players responding to get a good view of who's up for the merging.

as for the comment made about "taking all their characters" - I mentioned this flaw about the merge idea as well - for those of us with characters in worlds in a single alliance, like MYBCKN, do we get to keep them all? The current character count is what 44, soon to be 46? All of my characters from MYBCKN exceed that count already.

Another question to ask here is "what would you do if half or more of the majority take leave [whether is't for good for a long time] after the merge?" Would you then push for the merge of "all bera" to Reboot in the event the populace dwindles down again?
  • SunshogunateSunshogunate
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    What's the deal? How can we fix this and lower the inflation of item prices and revive these servers with bountiful resources and maplers? Everyone is currently in bera, reboot and partially scania.

Is there any GM that can explain what's going on please?
This discussion has been closed.