[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lets fix Maplestory

xCoraxCora
Reactions: 1,000
edited June 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
now before someone ask.

yes i believe there are a few things that really need to be fixed except does already obvious ones like :
-take care of does hackers
-less worlds and more merges
-better char balancing

what i had in mind is fighting against the whole pay to win aspect and make it possible for casual players to beat does real hard bosses like lucid and lotus.
but dont jump to conclusion before hearing me out, i know the whole nx asspect is a very touchy subject.

sooo this is what i had in mind:
- bring back pt expeditions
>more pt = less range burden on everyone
>people get a reason to get together to fight strong bosses. at specially if they arent that strong themself

-longer timers (old ht used to have 12h timers)
>a short timer makes it impossible for weaker player to be able to kill them
>even if they are extremly good with their controll sometimes the damage per min ration makes it impossible for them to clear.
>by increasing the timer it would motivate players to practise bossfights since there is a chance they can beat them
> during old ms some boss fight took over 2h ... 5h if you tried a solo

so in short i would like them to support more team gameplay instead of increasing range and buffing nerfing everything.
and i would like to reduce the stress on them by removing or reassonable increasing does time limits.
LyedenCadena91
  1. Do you believe that this could help ?20 votes
    1. yes
       50% (10 votes)
    2. no
       25% (5 votes)
    3. maybe with some better adjustment
       25% (5 votes)

Comments

• GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited June 2018
    xCora wrote: »
    now before someone ask.

yes i believe there are a few things that really need to be fixed except does already obvious ones like :
    -better char balancing

what i had in mind is fighting against the whole pay to win aspect and make it possible for casual players to beat does real hard bosses like lucid and lotus.
    but dont jump to conclusion before hearing me out, i know the whole nx asspect is a very touchy subject.

>people get a reason to get together to fight strong bosses. at specially if they arent that strong themself

>a short timer makes it impossible for the weaker player to be able to kill them
    >even if they are extremely good with their control sometimes the damage per min ration makes it impossible for them to clear.
    >by increasing the timer it would motivate players to practice boss fights since there is a chance they can beat them

so, in short, i would like them to support more team gameplay instead of increasing range and buffing nerfing everything.
    and i would like to reduce the stress on them by removing or reasonable increasing does time limits.

Just give up.
    People have been crying and screaming for YEARS for merging worlds and take care of hackers, but of course, nothing has changed :)
    And yet, there are still a very very few people who even dare to "fight us" and demand not to merge worlds.... what a shame... the entire majority has to suffer only because a very few people like to "train alone" without anyone bothering them... give me a break, MapleStory is an MMPORG game, which means it MUST have people and a LOT of them! according to Wiki, MapleStory is a free-to-play, 2D, side-scrolling massively multiplayer online role-playing game
    People can't just say that "it doesn't require a lot of people", I mean, like what in the world? do you even hear yourself? this is an MMPORG, and NOT a SG (Solo Game), and I'm NOT talking about those facts that you can now do bosses alone, forget about it, the only reason Nexon let that happen is because the game has LOST a lot of players but in any case MapleStory is a Massively Multiplayer, thus we MUST have as MANY people as possible, thus we MUST merge as many worlds as possible.
    LyedenAcgnoliaMercedes4Ever31ManiOhKaiser4EverCadena91
  • Strezlecki0Strezlecki0
    Reactions: 650
    edited June 2018
    need server stability issues sorted
    Lyeden
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited June 2018
    Some people are still arguing server mergers aren't needed. It's understandable though, there can be problems if such a thing was to occur. For example, if there was a merge we would maybe have more actual real players inside the towns. Their conversations that they type out will make it difficult to go over that chat logs and see the good deals that meso advertisers are announcing
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Some people are still arguing server mergers aren't needed. It's understandable though, there can be problems if such a thing was to occur. For example, if there was a merge we would maybe have more actual real players inside the towns. Their conversations that they type out will make it difficult to go over that chat logs and see the good deals that meso advertisers are announcing

100% wrong.
    Of course there are problems, but these kind of problems, compare to our current reality (dead servers, no ppl, ton of others are quitting cuz they're being alone, it's bored) it's NOT even a problem AT ALL! this is why we do not call it a problem because again, this is not a problem, the problem is those very few peopel who thinks the entire world was made just for them and the majority has to suffer.
    And as they say, LET the merge BEGIN!
  • GhostAinaGhostAina
    Reactions: 740
    edited June 2018
    When mods close threads over stuff about old servers..
    It's really disheartening and suspicious. >_>
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    GhostAina wrote: »
    When mods close threads over stuff about old servers..
    It's really disheartening and suspicious. >_>

The rules are very clearly specified and we have them for a reason. This one specifically is because it has been spammed in the past. I would know, I was there when it was.
    You can suggest such things on community sites that do not have such rules, such as the subreddit, however I cannot tell you that you will get a favorable reaction.

On an unrelated note I will point out that this thread originated as suggestions on reviving party play by removing the boss timer and reintroducing expeditions. It quickly degraded into server merges. Keep the thread on topic; there is already a thread on said subject already, you don't need to derail other threads to talk about it.
  • GhostAinaGhostAina
    edited June 2018
    My apologies. I know you're just doing your job, I admire you for your attentiveness..
    But surely you can relate to the feeling of aggravation when a game you enjoy so much starts to...dwindle...and there isn't much being done to promote its success again?
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »

100% wrong.
    Of course there are problems, but these kind of problems, compare to our current reality (dead servers, no ppl, ton of others are quitting cuz they're being alone, it's bored) it's NOT even a problem AT ALL! this is why we do not call it a problem because again, this is not a problem, the problem is those very few peopel who thinks the entire world was made just for them and the majority has to suffer.
    And as they say, LET the merge BEGIN!

You know I was being sarcastic
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited June 2018
    GhostAina wrote: »
    My apologies. I know you're just doing your job, I admire you for your attentiveness..
    But surely you can relate to the feeling of aggravation when a game you enjoy so much starts to...dwindle...and there isn't much being done to promote its success again?

It doesn't matter what you tell them, they will not listen to you.
    People here have been SCREAMING for a long long time no that Nexon, for once and for all, we'll start to merge worlds, basically the best solution is to merge everything (except Reboot) into Bera, but if they don't want to do that at all then at least merge a few worlds into Bera.

I mean, even Bera is dying...
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018
    There's already a large thread about merging, so if this thread becomes about that, it will just be combined with the already existing larger thread
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2018
    [REMOVED]

Moderator Note: Please do not make posts to troll other users.
  • GhostAinaGhostAina
    edited June 2018
    Allow me to re-emphasize a portion of Faith Hill's "Where Are You Christmas", with a Maple Story touch..

"Oh, hmm
    Where are you Nexon
    Why can't I find you
    Why have you gone away
    Where is the laughter
    You used to bring me
    Why can't I see people play

Maple Story is changing
    Its rearranging
    Does that mean the fun in online gaming changes too"

(Don't take it too seriously :P)
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018
    now before someone ask.

yes I believe there are a few things that really need to be fixed except does already obvious ones like :
    -better char balancing

Yeah, it seems like a really nice dream and frankly, I wish it'd actually happen in reality but sadly, this is Nexon we're talking about it and therefore, it'd never ever happen :(
    But hey, at least we can still dream about it :D
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    Sadly, hackers have been a problem since the beginning of this game, have continued through the years and I doubt they'll ever go away. Nexon has tried some things over the years and, for a while, some have been successful, but the truth is that I think that's something that will never change. Of course, sometimes it gets worse and sometimes it's less evident, but... It has always been there. I don't know how it could be fixed, but I do know that it's a part of online gaming, and a part of this game, and I don't really know if there even exists a possible solution to fix it and erase them for good. :/ It's sad and annoying but true. *shrugs*

I agree that longer timers on some bosses would really help out weaker players to access that content eventually, since we would have more time to stay there and try to succeed against some boss. I personally like to have the option to solo stuff, even if my character can't really solo anything right now, because it allows me to test myself and see how I do, how I've progressed and what I'm missing. :) But I agree that the essence of bossing is party play and going with a big group, if you have it. I remember how exciting it was to see the whole bunch of people that walked past your coolie zombies map to get to Zakum back when Zakum was the hardest boss in the game. :D I don't know if such a thing exists now, though.

I won't go into the whole "we need worlds to be merged" thing, because I've already stated my opinion about it in the huge thread about it that's located here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/78166#Comment_78166
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited June 2018
    Sadly, hackers have been a problem since the beginning of this game, have continued through the years and I doubt they'll ever go away. Nexon has tried some things over the years.

Nah, if Nexon really really want, I'm pretty sure they can take them down, of course not every single hacker but at laest 80% of them, that's for sure no doubts.
    But of course, it's Nexon we are talking about so......
    oh and LET the merge begin.
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018
    I'm game for the changes mentioned on bosses and upping party play. The game went to solo play before we started losing players when people had the means [looking at potential etc, p2w options via cs, etc] to start doing so. Another issue, something that nexon can't really do much on, is how people handle guilds. A majority I've seen require people to play for X hours per day or week and earn X points of contribution to the guild. Some of us have outside lives and can't be on every single freaking day. The few guilds I've joined on MYBCKN sadly have died off as many left to pursue other things in life or simple because they just stopped playing for some unknown reason.

I feel that many would benefit from your view of upping the allowed time in bosses. And I also pointed out elsewhere that the rewards need to be tweaked too, not just exp but things like gear.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited June 2018
    DSpellGuy wrote: »
    I'm game for the changes mentioned on bosses and upping party play. The game went to solo play before we started losing players when people had the means [looking at potential etc, p2w options via cs, etc] to start doing so. Another issue, something that nexon can't really do much on, is how people handle guilds. A majority I've seen require people to play for X hours per day or week and earn X points of contribution to the guild. Some of us have outside lives and can't be on every single freaking day. The few guilds I've joined on MYBCKN sadly have died off as many left to pursue other things in life or simple because they just stopped playing for some unknown reason.

I feel that many would benefit from your view of upping the allowed time in bosses. And I also pointed out elsewhere that the rewards need to be tweaked too, not just exp but things like gear.

Not really, the game went to solo play after we started losing players.
    MYBKN still have guilds? I just was there like a few days ago, it felt as if I was the only person in there.
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    now before someone ask.

-better char balancing

>a short timer makes it impossible for the weaker player to be able to kill them
    >even if they are extremely good with their control sometimes the damage per min ration makes it impossible for them to clear.
    >by increasing the timer it would motivate players to practice boss fights since there is a chance they can beat them

so, in short, i would like them to support more team gameplay instead of increasing range and buffing nerfing everything.
    and i would like to reduce the stress on them by removing or reasonable increasing does time limits.

Just give up.
    People have been crying and screaming for YEARS for merging worlds and take care of hackers, but of course, nothing has changed :)
    And yet, there are still a very very few people who even dare to "fight us" and demand not to merge worlds.... what a shame... the entire majority has to suffer only because a very few people like to "train alone" without anyone bothering them... give me a break, MapleStory is an MMPORG game, which means it MUST have people and a LOT of them! according to Wiki, MapleStory is a free-to-play, 2D, side-scrolling massively multiplayer online role-playing game
    People can't just say that "it doesn't require a lot of people", I mean, like what in the world? do you even hear yourself? this is an MMPORG, and NOT a SG (Solo Game), and I'm NOT talking about those facts that you can now do bosses alone, forget about it, the only reason Nexon let that happen is because the game has LOST a lot of players but in any case MapleStory is a Massively Multiplayer, thus we MUST have as MANY people as possible, thus we MUST merge as many worlds as possible.

Tbh honest. They could just add 'Lonely Servers'. Servers that are in a different section from main ones. Lonely Servers would have a small amount of players in each world. Mains would have a lot. Lonely Servers would have a limited amount of players for each server, such as about 200.
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    edited June 2018
    DSpellGuy wrote: »

Yeah, Maple IS p2w. Pay to get cubes or you suck. Pay to get some outfits or you're a noob. Pay to get mesos or you're weak.
  • GummiBareGummiBare
    edited June 2018
    Sadly, hackers have been a problem since the beginning of this game, have continued through the years and I doubt they'll ever go away. Nexon has tried some things over the years and, for a while, some have been successful, but the truth is that I think that's something that will never change. Of course, sometimes it gets worse and sometimes it's less evident, but... It has always been there. I don't know how it could be fixed, but I do know that it's a part of online gaming, and a part of this game, and I don't really know if there even exists a possible solution to fix it and erase them for good. :/ It's sad and annoying but true. *shrugs*

I agree that longer timers on some bosses would really help out weaker players to access that content eventually, since we would have more time to stay there and try to succeed against some boss. I personally like to have the option to solo stuff, even if my character can't really solo anything right now, because it allows me to test myself and see how I do, how I've progressed and what I'm missing. :) But I agree that the essence of bossing is party play and going with a big group, if you have it. I remember how exciting it was to see the whole bunch of people that walked past your coolie zombies map to get to Zakum back when Zakum was the hardest boss in the game. :D I don't know if such a thing exists now, though.

I won't go into the whole "we need worlds to be merged" thing, because I've already stated my opinion about it in the huge thread about it that's located here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/78166#Comment_78166

Worst kind of hackers: Kanna. The ones that go to major training areas and set up a macro to switch channels really fast so it's like they're on all the channels at the same time. Therefore, you get no exp/quest items.