[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

OK, I'm tired of waiting!

AriesDRXAriesDRX
Reactions: 940
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Non-boss lvl 150+ items like Gollux Set, and sweet water set are getting below 4 bonus lines and lower tiers than they are supposed to be getting.

Is this an error or NOT? It should only take a GM 1 minute to reply to confirm if this is a glitch or not. A lot of us are holding back from using Eternal Flames on those equips because we aren't sure if this is an error or not. What's taking so long to let us know? Are you unsure yourselves?

Note: I'm not reporting about the bug on this thread. I'm asking a question.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    Look through the threads, this issue has already been brought up a couple times. The forum moderators have said they're forwarding the issue.
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited June 2018
    Look through the threads, this issue has already been brought up a couple times. The forum moderators have said they're forwarding the issue.
    I know. I've made a thread myself already reporting this issue. I'm not reporting the issue in this thread. I'm requesting information. Is it an error or not?

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2018
    We are still awaiting word as to whether this is an error or an intentional function

Please try and keep calm; we will inform everyone ASAP upon receiving the official verdict and any following reason why our GMS exclusive gear has lower than expected flame potentials.
    YinYangXInvulgoxLelouchz
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited June 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    We are still awaiting word as to whether this is an error or an intentional function

Please try and keep calm; we will inform everyone ASAP upon receiving the official verdict and any following reason why our GMS exclusive gear has lower than expected flame potentials.
    I understand, but you'd assume they would immediately know if it's intentional or not. I mean do they have to ask the CEO or something?

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2018
    Would be nice to get an official response
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited June 2018
    Okay, seriously. Why is it taking so long for anyone to say if this is an error or not? ALL we need is one of two replies.

"Yes this is an error and it is being worked on"
    OR
    "No, this is not an error. It is intentional you can flame your Gollux and Sweet Water items"
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited June 2018
    Still waiting for an answer.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2018
    AriesDRX wrote: »

As am I, I wasted some of my compensated eternal flames on my Gollux pendant.

You won't always get an answer immediately as it can take time going up the chain to determine the proper answer sometimes. Especially since, with the compensation for Luna flames and the missing compensation for decent skill nebulites (both of which are being distributed in tomorrow's maintenance), there are other issues ongoing.
    My personal speculation is that it's a bug, as the latest maintenance fixed an error where Gollux, Ranmaru, and Princess No were not dropping flames, which suggests that they are counted as bosses and, therefore, their equipment would count as boss equips. But I don't know for sure. I do know that repeatedly bumping the thread won't make the answer come faster, though.
    Argentscholar624YinYangXInvulgoxLelouchz
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited June 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

You won't always get an answer immediately as it can take time going up the chain to determine the proper answer sometimes. Especially since, with the compensation for Luna flames and the missing compensation for decent skill nebulites (both of which are being distributed in tomorrow's maintenance), there are other issues ongoing.
    My personal speculation is that it's a bug, as the latest maintenance fixed an error where Gollux, Ranmaru, and Princess No were not dropping flames, which suggests that they are counted as bosses and, therefore, their equipment would count as boss equips. But I don't know for sure. I do know that repeatedly bumping the thread won't make the answer come faster, though.
    I totally understand, but it's their own game. They should know immediately what's intended or not. Even if they don't they are handling it very immaturely. Nexon seems to lack the sense for proper customer service. They should at least let the public know they are trying to figure out an answer rather than keeping totally shut. We don't even know if they are actually focusing on this or not. I think that's what the public needs at this point. Even if they don't have answer now, at least just let everyone know they don't have an answer and they are figuring things out. That way players at least know our issue has been acknowledged.

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018

Semi- on that note, maybe I'm just having bad luck, but can anyone confirm Gollux dropping flames? I've ran Hellux a couple times and haven't seen any flame drops. Ty ahead of time.
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Semi- on that note, maybe I'm just having bad luck, but can anyone confirm Gollux dropping flames? I've ran Hellux a couple times and haven't seen any flame drops. Ty ahead of time.

I got a 150 flame from Gollux yesterday in Windia.
    xLelouchz
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    The reason why it isn't fixed is because they aren't tagged as boss rewards. Boss rewards get 4 lines and tier 3-7 instead of 1-5.
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited July 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    The reason why it isn't fixed is because they aren't tagged as boss rewards. Boss rewards get 4 lines and tier 3-7 instead of 1-5.

But the big question is... are they going to change this? :/
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    edited July 2018
    I'm sure by now even the VFMs aren't drinking enough Nexon juice to realize they are taking forever to give us an answer or a statement.

I'm about to make another thread, this is ridiculous.
    edited July 2018
    I'm sure by now even the VFMs aren't drinking enough Nexon juice to realize they are taking forever to give us an answer or a statement.

I'm about to make another thread, this is ridiculous.

That thread will just get merged to this one. Making another thread wont give you the answer you want any faster.
    xLelouchzArgent
  • SoyavistaSoyavista
    Reactions: 430
    edited July 2018
    someday we will know the answer <O> ,.., <O>
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    This is getting more and more ridiculous by the moment. Honestly Nexon, you've just reach a WHOLE new level of incompetence, even by your already extremely low standards.
    FixTheLagBera
  • JalaJalaJalaJala
    Reactions: 415
    edited July 2018
    Is it a difficult fix? Then, yes it is intended. Is it something they can easily address? Then, no its not intended.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    JalaJala wrote: »
    Is it a difficult fix? Then, yes it is intended. Is it something they can easily address? Then, no its not intended.

Will ignoring it for long enough before fixing make it impossible to compensate wasted flames? Definitely.
    edited July 2018
    If after 1-5 flames you noticed the stats were off, why continue to pour flames into the equips?