[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server Latency Comparison

SwirlledSwirlled
Reactions: 1,115
edited July 2018 in General Chat
Servers are lagging, Bera in particular. It's been unplayable for a few months now. Everyone knows, but nothing is being done.
As someone who only plays in Bera, I was curious how other servers were handling the lag.
To my surprise, I found that none of the other servers were lagging.....at all...
I put together a gif to directly compare latency between all servers.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/364889088156893195/463901214321672192/Server_Lag.gif

As you can see, the latency on Bera is twice as long as any other server, including Reboot. Items drop instantly everywhere, except for Bera, where there's a noticeable delay.
These were all recorded with the same connection, at pretty much the same time. The only time in between each recording is the time it took to switch characters.
The lag is constant and unrelenting. There haven't even been any more channel restarts to bandaid fix the issue.
The game is not enjoyable in this state, and most Berans feel the same way.
Not sure what's going on here...

BansZekuza01HHG1ScreamingForHelpPhantomMasterThiefYinYangXscholar624FixTheLagBeraSchoof

Comments

• teemoooosteemoooos
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited July 2018
    Might be a nice suggestion for the channels and servers to be STABLE and NOT LAGGY for like more than 1 minute
  • FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    For real, the lag been driving me nuts for over a month now. It's nearly impossible to play in Bera because of the damn lag
    PuppyMango
  • BansBans
    Reactions: 710
    edited July 2018
    I know right ! , Is there something that can be done :(
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    Windia and Reboot seem to be fine, at least for my gameplay.
  • MercelisMercelis
    Reactions: 510
    edited July 2018
    Yup, it's been so laggy in Bera for the past two months, and since I play dawn warrior, it is literally unplayable especially end game content. Like why even fund when i can't even enjoy the game.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2018
    Good gif to show the lag, it's really terrible, sometimes i just rage since it's even worse than my laggy moments.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    I think Nexon just gave up at this point.
  • surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited July 2018
    hmm, I actually wondered if the extreme lag in Bera might be caused buy the HIGH number of botters we have on our server ? Any thoughts on this ? I mean reboots population is likely more than Bera's but if they are not lagging like Bera could it be cos they don't have botters like Bera does ?

Also to add Pre Ark the number of botters has increased quite alot as can be evidenced on Bera discord.
  • SwirlledSwirlled
    edited July 2018
    suri wrote: »
    hmm, I actually wondered if the extreme lag in Bera might be caused buy the HIGH number of botters we have on our server ? Any thoughts on this ? I mean reboots population is likely more than Bera's but if they are not lagging like Bera could it be cos they don't have botters like Bera does ?

Also to add Pre Ark the number of botters has increased quite alot as can be evidenced on Bera discord.

It's very likely that Bera has a higher botter population than Reboot, simply because they can sell elite boss rewards for continuous profit, whereas in Reboot it's not so straightforward.
    However, strangely enough, Reboot's population gauges are always similar to or greater than that of Bera's, yet they don't lag nearly as much.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    This hasn't been updated in over a month and the issues have only been getting worse.
    They even stopped bothering to restart channels (bandaid fix which kicked botters off temporarily, along with everyone else afk on those channels).

This is not an acceptable level of quality for any service. Nexon needs to step it up one way or another, and at the very least communicate with us about these issues and where they stand on a more permanent solution for it.
    What are you doing, what has been done, what do you hope to do, what do you believe is causing it, why has there been no updates. These are all things you could reveal to the community to at least reassure us that our game experience is a top priority. If it even is at this point.

We're all fed up.
  • ftfyftfy
    Reactions: 840
    edited July 2018
    Yea wtf is this lag
    edited July 2018
    I made this account specifically because of this, Nexon claims they're doing something but I have seen no sign of such, all they do is keep linking me back to that month old page when they were doing channel restarts
    edited July 2018

The dude specifically talked about Bera and the example also compares Bera with other Worlds, did you even read the post?
    edited July 2018

The dude specifically talked about Bera and the example also compares Bera with other Worlds, did you even read the post?

I wrote that yesterday
  • EternalElfEternalElf
    Reactions: 620
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Swirlled wrote: »

It's very likely that Bera has a higher botter population than Reboot, simply because they can sell elite boss rewards for continuous profit, whereas in Reboot it's not so straightforward.
    However, strangely enough, Reboot's population gauges are always similar to or greater than that of Bera's, yet they don't lag nearly as much.

Honestly I feel that Nexon doesn't even care about the game anymore as long as profits keep coming in, the botter problem will never die because botters can make up to $600/month even which sounds ridiculous but alas it is very true.
    edited July 2018
    EternalElf wrote: »
    Swirlled wrote: »

Honestly I feel that Nexon doesn't even care about the game anymore as long as profits keep coming in, the botter problem will never die because botters can make up to $600/month even which sounds ridiculous but alas it is very true.

ridiculously low, meso farming on that scale is a multi thousand dollar a month business.
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited July 2018
    With this "fine' lag,
    we can't grind,
    we can't do event,
    we can't do dream defender,
    we can't do chu chu,
    we can't pick up drops,
    we can't chat properly,
    we can't change channel without dc,
    we can't stay on maple without dc again within 10 secs after log back in,

All i am asking, pls... fix this damn 'fine' lag in Bera ; ~;
  • PuppyMangoPuppyMango
    Reactions: 1,420
    edited July 2018
    i wanted to play maple because i want to have fun and relax, but now by playing maple in bera with lag just got me raged instead
  • SwirlledSwirlled
    edited July 2018
    Even though this problem has persisted since April, it seems it's only getting worse.
    After a maintenance, servers would be smooth for a couple hours afterwards (4-6 hours), and then return to their laggy state.
    After today's (July 5th) maintenance, the servers started lagging again in under 2 hours.

To have any hope of getting this fixed, more people need to start talking about it. Unfortunately, massive public outcry seems to be the only way to bring this issue to the center of Nexon's attention.
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited July 2018
    Does anyone know if they've acknowledged the several months of server instability/lag spikes/ general lag? and are they doing anything about it? have they identified the issue?