[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bots in Bera

EternalElfEternalElf
Reactions: 620
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2018 in General Chat
The bots in Bera have gotten a bit out of hand i've seen up to 12 Kannas in one map just teleporting around the map killing the mobs. Like please Nexon just ban at least some of the botters this is one of the main reasons bera's servers have been lagging.
Also for reference of the latency issues

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/8w2f7d/only_in_bera/

Comments

• YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited July 2018
    The issue of botting has been mentioned dozens of times over. It's only getting worse, it seems like nothing is going to be done despite the numerous daily complaints about it. I've been forced out of maps all day by botters.
  • HawksTalonHawksTalon
    Reactions: 100
    Take a look at the Ark rankings and you'll see how bots run the place. New class, for a race to 250, is being won by bots/hackers
    Reactions: 735
    edited July 2018
    The sad part is the one's that make it to level 250 and will never get caught unless the botter gets caught by a GM.
    What I'm seeing right now with the botting and no mention from nexon employee about them doing anything about it, reminds me of 3 or 4 years ago it was the same and then out of nowhere there was banning of botters.
    I can clearly see that if they're banning botters then it's not in GRAZED because the same level 240+ mage botters in Arcania have yet to be banned, and them bots have been reported by many.
    One of the accounts is now level 250.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2018
    just link accounts to verified cell phone number and that would diminish them massively, but i believe nexon has accepted botters, and uses them to assist the in game economy to give players access to all the goods they farm and sell, making it easier and cheaper to do things that would normally take monumental amounts of effort, such as crafting meister cubes yourself. i feel they make the best out of the situation all the while telling people no don;t do that lol
  • LognaLogna
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited July 2018
    They tried to ban those botters once, but I heard they also accidentally banned people who were innocent.
  • LognaLogna
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited July 2018
    just link accounts to verified cell phone number and that would diminish them massively, but i believe nexon has accepted botters, and uses them to assist the in game economy to give players access to all the goods they farm and sell, making it easier and cheaper to do things that would normally take monumental amounts of effort, such as crafting meister cubes yourself. i feel they make the best out of the situation all the while telling people no don;t do that lol

Without the botters, we wouldn't be able to buy mass amounts of spell trace in the auction house, lol :D
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited July 2018
    Which maps in particular are often the most frequently plagued by bots?
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Which maps in particular are often the most frequently plagued by bots?

The community has answered this question many times, with very little variation. If Nexon doesn't know which maps and areas are frequented by botters by now then I'm afraid there's really no improvement in sight.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The community has answered this question many times, with very little variation. If Nexon doesn't know which maps and areas are frequented by botters by now then I'm afraid there's really no improvement in sight.

Botters switch maps to avoid detection and get better results. At one point they hacked in Silent Swamp, at another time they infested Ulu City, and later moved to Mu Lung Garden, then moved to Ludibrium, and so on and so forth.

We can't get information of what maps botters frequent if you don't tell us what maps they're frequenting.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited July 2018
    Lol people have been reporting about botters for years. I, too, have reported numerous botters in fantasy theme park in scania. Nothing is ever going to be done about botters and here's why. They can't afford to lose botters which make up a huge player base. They're not even banning spam bots advertising mesos selling sites (clearly against ToS) in ch1 Henesy, so what makes you think they'll ban botters even if they know where they are? I wish you vfms would just be honest and say u guys gave up. You'll lose face, sure, but at least you'll be honest to the players.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    SadVirgin wrote: »

Botters switch maps to avoid detection and get better results. At one point they hacked in Silent Swamp, at another time they infested Ulu City, and later moved to Mu Lung Garden, then moved to Ludibrium, and so on and so forth.

We can't get information of what maps botters frequent if you don't tell us what maps they're frequenting.

Those maps are still largely the same though. They're still in Sleepywood, Herb Town, Mu Lung, Leafre and Ludi. I don't know about Ulu since I'm never there myself. You can pick any of the forked off maps in Vanishing Journey and you'll see a botter. And it has been that way for over a year. Only maps the botters truly left before that was dark world and scrapyard, because they all went to arcane river instead. There you go, you got a list out of me after all and it's all the maps everyone already know about. Forward that, I'll be expecting results promptly.

If GMs are truly patrolling the game 24/7 as Nexon has claimed they do, and the community manager/team truly keep an eye on what the main talking points are, then they should already know all of this.
    And even if we give Nexon a detailed list of maps and times that botters are there (which is details they can get from player reports btw), and they do crack down on certain areas, nothing is stopping bots from just making a new mass of accounts and keep at it. There needs to be something more done to not constantly be playing catch-up, but actually take measures to prevent an infestation from happening in the first place.

I'd also like to see the weekly/monthly ban statistic posts make a return. That was a decent thing which didn't hold up for long.
    Mambic
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2018
    Pigaba wrote: »
    Lol people have been reporting about botters for years. I, too, have reported numerous botters in fantasy theme park in scania. Nothing is ever going to be done about botters and here's why. They can't afford to lose botters which make up a huge player base. They're not even banning spam bots advertising mesos selling sites (clearly against ToS) in ch1 Henesy, so what makes you think they'll ban botters even if they know where they are? I wish you vfms would just be honest and say u guys gave up. You'll lose face, sure, but at least you'll be honest to the players.

Wait, what? there are more people who actually know that (the truth)? I'm shocked.
    Why don't we have more people like you? :(

At least 60% of Bera's population are botters and hackers.
    This is the reality, sad but true.