[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• XiangTuXiangTu
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited July 2018
    1. steam charts isn't the best place to get sample size when we don't know how many people play on steam.
    2. it may be true, but we don't know the % of people that do so, and the % of the population they make up.
    3. What the hell does age have to do with difference in opinion. If we agreed would you say we're the same age? Is that really your logic?

1&2: We do not have access to this sort of data, but if you apply some common sense based off the data we do have we can reasonably make some inferences. You've argued "we don't know this for sure" too many times without realizing there is a degree of common sense that needs to be applied here to substitute the lack of official statistics. No we don't know how underpopulated ms is, or how many players have quit at one time or another, or how many people exactly want a merge. None of us will be satisfied in that regard. But tbh I already have, and I feel most everyone else has a good general idea to the answers of those. Whereas you take them as opportunities to argue with people by saying "how do you know for sure?"

Maybe most of that reduction is because of people no longer using steam. But also consider steam is currently at its height of popularity whereas Maplestory has notably been reduced in population throughout the years and is arguably at an all-time low. So to attribute this entire reduction to people not using steam, as opposed to not using maplestory would likely be a mistake, considering everything just stated.

I said I was dissatisfied with this discussion because I could tell you are fairly younger than me based off of how you try to express your communication. It has nothing to do with your actual opinion, just the way you are stating it.

• AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited July 2018
    XiangTu wrote: »

1&2: We do not have access to this sort of data, but if you apply some common sense based off the data we do have we can reasonably make some inferences. You've argued "we don't know this for sure" too many times without realizing there is a degree of common sense that needs to be applied here to substitute the lack of official statistics.

This is what im trying to say, if nexon released official statistics, and said we had 40-50k players at any given time playing maplestory , I will issue a public apology. When we consider that the game is declining based of what I see on steam and what Jushiro said about the recent event and the possibility of player behavior pattern of ceasing to play and coming back, that number of people who play at any given time is probably low.

Also, im confused as to if he is arguing against an alliance/merge all together or the iterations of solutions that have been proposed.

• BridesmaidBridesmaid
    Reactions: 1,225
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I am all for merging or anything of the like, but I guess it's far too complicated for Nexon which is understandable because of functions like Guilds having shared names for one. No one wants to be Guild(2). From the looks of Guild Ranking in Scania, first place is held by hackers and it is very clear they cheated to get there, why don't they delete that guild? WeBanSCA or something... They could do a competition for guilds to keep their name. At the end of the day someone is going to be unhappy with the merge, but a majority of us will be delighted.
    The whole deal with character slots is really the person's own fault and shouldn't need to be compensated, but if they were not then Customer Service would be flooded. If anything there could be an announcement allowing players to prepare for a character wipe for merge. Like the main characters in the first few pages will be moved if you have enough space, the rest will fall into deletion. Or you could select which characters to move while carrying over the character slot which is paid for or received. Whatever the case, character slots barely seems like a major issue rather than a monetary issue for Nexon.
    Anyways, I have never understood why people move world to world and create the same characters. It seems like such a waste. I have played in Scania my entire career, not to say I haven't explored new worlds, but those characters were never meaningful to me since starting fresh is hard when you're already funded.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    There are some people with 40+ level 200+ characters. You think theyd want a character wipe?

A merge would require more money to do. And most of the revenue generated goes to content creation and maintenance.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited July 2018
    Bridesmaid wrote: »
    I am all for merging or anything of the like, but I guess it's far too complicated for Nexon which is understandable because of functions like Guilds having shared names for one. No one wants to be Guild(2). From the looks of Guild Ranking in Scania, first place is held by hackers and it is very clear they cheated to get there, why don't they delete that guild? WeBanSCA or something... They could do a competition for guilds to keep their name. At the end of the day someone is going to be unhappy with the merge, but a majority of us will be delighted.
    The whole deal with character slots is really the person's own fault and shouldn't need to be compensated, but if they were not then Customer Service would be flooded. If anything there could be an announcement allowing players to prepare for a character wipe for merge. Like the main characters in the first few pages will be moved if you have enough space, the rest will fall into deletion. Or you could select which characters to move while carrying over the character slot which is paid for or received. Whatever the case, character slots barely seems like a major issue rather than a monetary issue for Nexon.
    Anyways, I have never understood why people move world to world and create the same characters. It seems like such a waste. I have played in Scania my entire career, not to say I haven't explored new worlds, but those characters were never meaningful to me since starting fresh is hard when you're already funded.

They could do an alliance and have the same result in terms of increasing population per world, and no one has to lose any characters.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited July 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »

They could do an alliance and have the same result in terms of increasing population per world, and no one has to lose any characters.

Exactly, that's what I thought.
    Why can't we just do an alliance and have the same results? but guess what? Nexon doesn't wanna do that. why? who knows...
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited July 2018
    There are some people with 40+ level 200+ characters. You think theyd want a character wipe?

A merge would require more money to do. And most of the revenue generated goes to content creation and maintenance.

Do an alliance then.
    This is the best solution.
    An alliance would fix everything.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2018

If you think about it, nothing is complicated when you see the amazing results.
    And whatever will happen, guild names, etc, it's so worth it, everything is worth it.
    Look at Bera, it's so dead and full of botters.
    I'd bet on 1,000$ that more than 50% are botters.
    Just in Henesys you can find 15-17 botters spamming their mesos sale sites. and yet no one does anything about them.
  • FixTheLagBeraFixTheLagBera
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2018
    Alantino wrote: »

And whatever will happen, guild names, etc, it's so worth it, everything is worth it.
    Just in Henesys you can find 15-17 botters spamming their mesos sale sites. and yet no one does anything about them.

Bera made be full of botters but it is certainly not dead. And what are we to do about the botters? Lemme just grab my dc hammer and ban hammer and get right to work boss.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited July 2018

Bera made be full of botters but it is certainly not dead. And what are we to do about the botters? Lemme just grab my dc hammer and ban hammer and get right to work boss.

Bera is dead, just imagine how Bera would look like without all those botters. 100% empty and dead.
    It just seem to be alive because you look from the outside (at the Bars of Bera) but if you actually take a look into the game and check it out carefully, you'll see the reality.
    If you leave henesys, you will rarely run into legit players... this is just getting out of control.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited July 2018

I hope you're not serious.
    Bera is very very dead, they definitely need to merge worlds quickly! unfortunately, it'll probably take Nexon a year or two.
    edited July 2018
    are you guys that are "for the merge" willing to fund " the merge"? if so, how much are you willing to put in for the merge, and how much do you think a merge would cost?
  • BiooomsBioooms
    Reactions: 430
    edited July 2018
    are you guys that are "for the merge" willing to fund " the merge"? if so, how much are you willing to put in for the merge, and how much do you think a merge would cost?

You mean like pay for a character transfer card? not much.
    edited July 2018
    Bioooms wrote: »

You mean like pay for a character transfer card? not much.

no, an actual merge, like you fund whatever nexon deems a merge would cost them to implement.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited July 2018
    we need a merge for a solution ..possible solution ? alliances of worlds , 3 worlds uniques in server american ,1 Rebboot - 2 Bera ( whit kahini - broa) and 3 .Scania whit rest of servers no more worlds by separates, and the event in the door dimensional party world cross a union of all the players global of server america , europa separate whit reboot in server europe and worlds cross party too global for this 2 in party
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2018
    ruth02 wrote: »
    we need a merge for a solution ..possible solution ? alliances of worlds , 3 worlds uniques in server american ,1 Rebboot - 2 Bera ( whit kahini - broa) and 3 .Scania whit rest of servers no more worlds by separates, and the event in the door dimensional party world cross a union of all the players global of server america , europa separate whit reboot in server europe and worlds cross party too global for this 2 in party

This is what I thought as well, we only need 3 worlds.

Bera - very populated world
    Scania - very empty world
    Reboot.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited July 2018
    Yeah no thank you, some people prefer a rather empty server than being overloaded with players (aka Reboot), don't believe everyone got the mindset that a quieter server is a bad thing. The only time I'd agree would be if it was like Europe MS' kradia and demethos server.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited July 2018
    Enokumo wrote: »
    Yeah no thank you, some people prefer a rather empty server than being overloaded with players (aka Reboot), don't believe everyone got the mindset that a quieter server is a bad thing. The only time I'd agree would be if it was like Europe MS' kradia and demethos server.

That is absolutely fine to desire to be an underpopulated world, just not every single world but bera should be dead.
    Bioooms
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited July 2018
    Then on the other hand: How is it dramatic in the view as player we got so many (dead) servers? Does it significantely ruins your gaming experience? Except you ARE looking for players then you will ask around and see where you should go for that aspect.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited July 2018
    Enokumo wrote: »
    Then on the other hand: How is it dramatic in the view as player we got so many (dead) servers? Does it significantely ruins your gaming experience? Except you ARE looking for players then you will ask around and see where you should go for that aspect.

I don't understand what your'e trying to say. Do you think this 6 world BS should remain? FFS how many threads have been created and merged into this? Just the other day another thread similar to this got created. I think it is a concern for the player base at this point.
This discussion has been closed.