[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Enokumo wrote: »
    Then on the other hand: How is it dramatic in the view as player we got so many (dead) servers? Does it significantely ruins your gaming experience? Except you ARE looking for players then you will ask around and see where you should go for that aspect.

The problem is that people know "where they should go" - but they can't go there.
    People who were not around during the last World Leap event, come back and realize that their world is a lot emptier than they like. But they can't move their existing characters to Bera, and they don't want to start over.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    Then on the other hand: How is it dramatic in the view as player we got so many (dead) servers? Does it significantely ruins your gaming experience? Except you ARE looking for players then you will ask around and see where you should go for that aspect.

Being in an isolated world makes it extremely difficult to buy items as there won't be enough players stocking up the Auction House. Systems such as Boss Queues would not function with no one queuing for a boss. If you just want an empty map to train at, having more channels or having maps similarly structured will make sure everyone has a good training map. In my opinion, having a crowded world will eventually since it will eventually fill up and become a regular server or the things I mentioned above will happen.
  • BiooomsBioooms
    Reactions: 430
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

The problem is that people know "where they should go" - but they can't go there.
    People who were not around during the last World Leap event, come back and realize that their world is a lot emptier than they like. But they can't move their existing characters to Bera, and they don't want to start over.

Even if Bera is where all the complainers should go, they shouldn't have to be put in that position. It is just such a shame Nexon thought a world transfer event would be the solution on multiple occasions now, and frankly it makes them look dense for not realizing the underlying problem with the population.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    it's not nexon's fault everyone flocked to Bera, it was a handful of players that went around forums and reddit telling everyone to go to Bera.
  • BiooomsBioooms
    edited July 2018
    double post*
  • BiooomsBioooms
    edited July 2018
    Bioooms wrote: »
    it's not nexon's fault everyone flocked to Bera, it was a handful of players that went around forums and reddit telling everyone to go to Bera.

The exact same thing happened the year before with everyone going to windia during the same event. That's why I said frankly it looks dense, because the same phenomena happened the last time they addressed the issue. And they tried the same strategy that didn't work last time! How would you defend that coarse of action?

Between you suggesting we pay for technical maintenance to make a merge happen and you suggesting Nexon couldn't have better handled this issue in November i'm starting to think you're a troll.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018

But it was glaringly obvious that everyone would go to Bera, especially once they announced that Windia would be blocked from entry, even without the people from Reddit/the forums telling everyone. Nexon lacks the foresight to see this kind of situation happening, but if Nexon actually remedied this situation by listening to our suggestions then I would be fine with that.
    edited July 2018

The exact same thing happened the year before with everyone going to windia during the same event. That's why I said frankly it looks dense, because the same phenomena happened the last time they addressed the issue. And they tried the same strategy that didn't work last time! How would you defend that coarse of action?

Between you suggesting we pay for technical maintenance to make a merge happen and you suggesting Nexon couldn't have better handled this issue in November i'm starting to think you're a troll.

I aprreciate the invitation to respond to this ridiculous remark, but I will have no part of it.
    edited July 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

But it was glaringly obvious that everyone would go to Bera, especially once they announced that Windia would be blocked from entry, even without the people from Reddit/the forums telling everyone. Nexon lacks the foresight to see this kind of situation happening, but if Nexon actually remedied this situation by listening to our suggestions then I would be fine with that.

Yeah I can agree they lack the foresight. Both sides are to blame if anything. One for not seeing the outcome and the other for flocking to just one server, cause I'm willing to bet that was the plan, to fill up one server, and Like you said since Windia was locked out, it was bound to be another, this case Bera.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited July 2018
    Yup, my 2nd main is still stuck in that dead server called Scania. -.-
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited July 2018

Not really, people just knew that Bera would be the most populated world, and for the 100th time, almost, not everyone but almost every single player want to be in a world that's as populated as possible. that's the truth. deal with it. and soon we'll get our merge. because this is what almost everyone demanding.
    and if almost everyone won't get what they want, they might as well just leave. just like most of my friends. and now I'm a lonely person in Scania. and I need to go to Bera to find some new friends to make and people to talk to.
  • BiooomsBioooms
    edited July 2018

I aprreciate the invitation to respond to this ridiculous remark, but I will have no part of it.

The only thing ridiculous is you suggesting we pay for server maintenance fees to make a merge/alli viable, if Nexon needs help affording the servers than this game truly is dead. I like to entertain the idea that they could afford it without asking their customers to foot the bill, but if the dynamic is they want to make the community better but they can't afford to? Considering they've done alliances before and are dealing with wayy less players than what they were dealing with years ago? I'm out.

Sorry the only other thing* that's ridiculous is you suggeting the Bera phenomena was not Nexon's fault. The exact same thing happened to Windia with the previous transfer event, how do you explain their rationale? These events were in response to the dying community and complaints of population, its in the players best interest to rally together and join one server, that was the best solution the players had at that time because an alliance/merge was not on the table. How do you not get this? Getting everyone to join Bera was the only way for people to gain a population increase and that was the underlying point of the world transfer events. you can't blame the players for acting on this basis without looking dense.
    edited July 2018
    You do realize the revenue they stream from Cash shop and Marvel, does in fact go to maintenance and content creation; aside their salaries, right? It DOES cost money planning and executing. Just like any other project, so we as players (that spend) do fund content and their maintenances. It's not free for them.

hence the question: are you willing to pay for the merge to happen. Itll most likely be more expensive than a regular maintenance, since itll require more planning and execution.

They don't have a button that just says, merge all servers. And presto, servers are merged.

and by the way, an alliance was first suggested in the earlier pages, but some of the people just want a merge and no exception. You have to convince your own side. Because those that don't want a full merge suggested alliances, and while some are okay with this suggestion, there are some on your side that aren't.

So, again, I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your emotional filled comment, but I wont engage in an emotional response. Thank You.
  • BiooomsBioooms
    edited July 2018
    You do realize the revenue they stream from Cash shop and Marvel, does in fact go to maintenance and content creation; aside their salaries, right? It DOES cost money planning and executing. Just like any other project, so we as players (that spend) do fund content and their maintenances. It's not free for them.

hence the question: are you willing to pay for the merge to happen. Itll most likely be more expensive than a regular maintenance, since itll require more planning and execution.

They don't have a button that just says, merge all servers. And presto, servers are merged.

and by the way, an alliance was first suggested in the earlier pages, but some of the people just want a merge and no exception. You have to convince your own side. Because those that don't want a full merge suggested alliances, and while some are okay with this suggestion, there are some on your side that aren't.

So, again, I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your emotional filled comment, but I wont engage in an emotional response. Thank You.

Nexon using their profits from our purchases for server maintenance (the cost of business) is different than us charitably paying for the process. I guess the confusion was your wording.
    are you guys that are "for the merge" willing to fund " the merge"? if so, how much are you willing to put in for the merge, and how much do you think a merge would cost?

After rereading, it seems even more you meant players paying through charity. Are you changing your opinion now? Which do you mean? Revenue reallocation to a merge or us funding the merge? Just to pull the two contradictory statements you made:
    1.You do realize the revenue they stream from Cash shop and Marvel, does in fact go to maintenance and content creation
    2.how much are you willing to put in for the merge, and how much do you think a merge would cost?

I think i'd be willing to skip out on one of maplestory's boy band promotional events if they instead invested in the gameplay, if that's what you mean. Basically, reallocating funds to address this issue is more important than spending that much more on something else when you understand the game is compromised without a resolution. There are some people who want a merge or alli and haven't paid anything towards the game yet. And they shouldn't be expected to pay into something so vital for the gameplay when Nexon keeps advertising this game as 'free to play!" The current situation compromises the entire gameplay, the market and boss runs are slim pickings when they really don't have to be if an alli/merge were to happen. In fact the market is so empty that it has come to the point where it relies on hackers to keep it going (I sometimes only see stacks of hundreds of cogs/css/inno scrolls and I have to wonder if they're duped considering how dead my server is, i feel we would have run out by now without them). Its basically like telling your existing players, "It's free to play if you're OK with a dead server and all the consequences of that, or you can purchase our transfer package to experience a real mmorpg!" That's pretty funny.

I understand making sure everyone gets to keep all their characters, I think Nexon and everyone is expecting that from this process. So whatever happens whether its an alli or a merge is up to the discretion of Nexon and i'm sure they'll consider the peoples main concerns.
    edited July 2018
    yeah, im not participating in this thread anymore, same arguments on both sides. you want a response? re read the thread.

"seems like you want players to give charity" yeah it seems like that to you, to fit your narrative. good job. After explaining the means of funding, you chose to see it that way.
  • BiooomsBioooms
    edited July 2018
    yeah, im not participating in this thread anymore, same arguments on both sides. you want a response? re read the thread.

"seems like you want players to give charity" yeah it seems like that to you, to fit your narrative. good job. After explaining the means of funding, you chose to see it that way.

How is me donating money to a cause not charity? should we set up a gofundme page for Nexon to merge servers and not ask for donations? There are a variety of ways to attain funding, one of them is through charitable donations. "how much are you willing to put in for the merge" -You. How does this not seem like charity to anybody else? please anybody chime in on this one. This is not me stretching the situation to fit my narrative this is exactly what you said man. I hope it doesn't come to the players having to directly "fund" Nexon for this to happen.
    BanditUrple
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited July 2018
    There are way too many characters to even think about doing the merge you speak of and plus a game like isn't easy change as it takes alot programming skill to even contemplate this on average every should have around 20 to 30 character slots per world(for instance nobody is willing to support this since the servers already i have trouble with keeping people right now you know and don't forget this game has a lot of messed up code currently) Just stating my points the game doesn't need a MERGE right now it needs some serous bug fixes how do you think a merged server could handle such a thing look at bera for instance its bugging out kicking people off aka disconnecting them stuff like needs to be fixed before we do a merged its highly important to take care of this oh and i didn't put reboot into account. Also considering how many latency problems this game has i don't think i need to keep typing this or i'll be here all day I at least know this stuff works.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited July 2018

Im sure most people didn't even know the difference between a merge or alliance, and most don't care which one is done as long the population of some servers increase, which an alliance or merge would effectively do.
    BanditUrple
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited July 2018

Im confused as to what your'e saying. If your'e asking me to pay for a merge the way I would for a transfer, I would be willing or if you are asking if the portion of the money that people spend should go towards alliances/merges, I also agree with that.
  • cappykidcappykid
    Reactions: 200
    lets sign a petition lol

im so sick of ghost town servers, maplestory is literally a single player/co op game now
This discussion has been closed.