[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon could learn from Runescape/Jagex

BodaciousBodacious
Reactions: 600
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I was training, read: trying, at MP3 but every channel had a kanna hacker (sometimes two competing for the same map). I realize that banning them all is probably too much work considering the sheer number of hackers (really, we should be getting 20 reports per day, one per channel..). But just the satisfaction of watching them get banned would be great. They should consider streaming a Hacker Busting from time to time, I'd definitely watch it.

Comments

• Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited July 2018
    Bodacious wrote: »
    I was training, read: trying, at MP3 but every channel had a kanna hacker (sometimes two competing for the same map). I realize that banning them all is probably too much work considering the sheer number of hackers (really, we should be getting 20 reports per day, one per channel..). But just the satisfaction of watching them get banned would be great. They should consider streaming a Hacker Busting from time to time, I'd definitely watch it.

Haha
    Welcome to GMS 2018.
    I already gave up training a long time ago because of this reason too.
  • KineticMoonBurstKineticMoonBurst
    Reactions: 460
    edited July 2018
    I'd honestly like a positive notification, like Overwatch has. "A player you have reported has been actioned." Even if they can't say who it is, what the action is, or whatnot. Just saying "Hey, reporting actually did something. Good job helping the game." I mean, if I report 50 hackers/RMT/scammers/etc, and don't see a drop in cheater numbers.... without something to say it mattered, it's hard to ask players to report, if they can't know if it matters at all.
    ZerpNyanBadAcc
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited July 2018
    Finding hackers is annoying. They are so prevalent it gives the impression that Nexon doesn't care anymore. I get they are hard to get rid of but one thing is having a bot or 2, another is to have up to 16 channels with bot issues in several areas at the same time. They should apply harsher checks in areas that are known to have bots like Fantasy Theme World, MP3, Orbis and the like. I don't care what they do but it should be obvious when a bot is a bot and they should make sure they are stopped.
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited July 2018
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Finding hackers is annoying. They are so prevalent it gives the impression that Nexon doesn't care anymore. I get they are hard to get rid of but one thing is having a bot or 2, another is to have up to 16 channels with bot issues in several areas at the same time. They should apply harsher checks in areas that are known to have bots like Fantasy Theme World, MP3, Orbis and the like. I don't care what they do but it should be obvious when a bot is a bot and they should make sure they are stopped.

Wrong, it's actually really easy to get rid of them, at least 80% of them, but why Nexon should get rid of them? if they do such a thing then the game would look exactly how it suppose to look... (there are wayyy too many hackers in Bera, if you get rid of them Bera would look super dead!)
    Alantino
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018

Wrong, it's actually really easy to get rid of them, at least 80% of them, but why Nexon should get rid of them? if they do such a thing then the game would look exactly how it suppose to look... (there are wayyy too many hackers in Bera, if you get rid of them Bera would look super dead!)

ok so explain how easy It is? for those that don't know how easy it is. What does Nexon have to do to get rid of them?

So, youre saying that Nexon wont ban hackers/bots because they make the game seem alive? if it's so important to keep up appearances, to whom does Nexon have to prove this to?
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited August 2018

Don't waste your time on Dark, he's Nexon's lawyer.
    Bioooms
    edited August 2018
    Alantino wrote: »

Don't waste your time on Dark, he's Nexon's lawyer.

I appreciate the call out, and the opportunity to respond, but negativity doesn't get solved by more negativity, as there's much to say about you. Good day to you.
    Lilyflower
  • BiooomsBioooms
    Reactions: 430
    edited August 2018

ok so explain how easy It is? for those that don't know how easy it is. What does Nexon have to do to get rid of them?

So, youre saying that Nexon wont ban hackers/bots because they make the game seem alive? if it's so important to keep up appearances, to whom does Nexon have to prove this to?

You can keep track of how accessible hacks are but I wont mention the site on here. Basically it seems in the hacking world, there is only a select bunch who are willing to pay for the hacks, and these hacker developers make players pay at first, but if the hacks don't get patched for a long time and Nexon doesn't address it, a free client is made, and the amount of hackers around increasing significantly because its no longer a paid service. When hacks are free, you know its a bad time for maple (and there have been times in the distant past when Nexon was on top of it!)
    edited August 2018
    From what I've heard, Nexon does monitor those sites where they discuss illicit practices regarding games. They just cant really do much since the players' info isn't there (ign, etc)
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    From what I've heard, Nexon does monitor those sites where they discuss illicit practices regarding games. They just cant really do much since the players' info isn't there (ign, etc)

lol nexon can do alot more to stop them
  • BanditUrpleBanditUrple
    Reactions: 605
    edited August 2018

It's really spy-vs-spy, Nexon patching hacks, hacks overriding the patches, it's a vicious cycle that Nexon is not keeping up with recently. Even if they had igns there that wouldn't really be tackling the root cause, it's about patching the bypasses/hacks so that they are not widely accessible, and I think the standard should be keeping up with it to the point where there aren't free hacks available. People willing to pay for a membership for hacks will always have hacks, because there is always someone smart enough to make them if they are turning a profit off it. But it's overwhelming when the free looters of those illict sites have access to the same hacks too, which conventionally, only happens when the hacks have been around long enough. That's where we're at right now, it's really easy to get hacks rn because it's free atm. It's terrible.
    edited August 2018

Specifially when it comes to the forums where they discuss what they do in maplestory, they cant because they don't give out any means to identify them. But stopping hackers as a whole is like the guy said "spy vs spy" type scenario, one will always one up the other.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited August 2018

Of course they can, they just don't want to...
    And there are still some people in this forum who think that "Nexon are doing their best", give me a break... literally 14+ botters in Henesys Ch 1 Bera 24/7 all the time... "doing their best", yeah of course...
  • LecareyLecarey

Specifially when it comes to the forums where they discuss what they do in maplestory, they cant because they don't give out any means to identify them. But stopping hackers as a whole is like the guy said "spy vs spy" type scenario, one will always one up the other.

Hardly. Did you know those programs only change channels or disable their hacks to reduce suspicion when a character the program can track enters the map? Did you know GMs aren't possible for those programs to track due to the settings GMs use? Yet people can still leave a meso-farming Kanna mule up on Reboot overnight in Bye-Bye with little risk of even being disconnected, let alone banned in reasonable time. That's not even a Spy vs. Spy scenario: the GM literally just has to show up, see the Kanna's skills aren't functioning like normal and hitting literally everything as they spawn and having their pet teleport to every single meso bag drop and that should be an automatic ban.

This isn't even like a case where it's Ark or Illium levelling up somewhere with the program making some of their attacks hit the entire map at once, Kannas are going to be in extremely predictable locations and extremely obvious. There is no excuse for hacking being this rampant. None.
  • BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited August 2018

I like you.

It's really spy-vs-spy, Nexon patching hacks, hacks overriding the patches, it's a vicious cycle that Nexon is not keeping up with recently. Even if they had igns there that wouldn't really be tackling the root cause, it's about patching the bypasses/hacks so that they are not widely accessible, and I think the standard should be keeping up with it to the point where there aren't free hacks available. People willing to pay for a membership for hacks will always have hacks, because there is always someone smart enough to make them if they are turning a profit off it. But it's overwhelming when the free looters of those illict sites have access to the same hacks too, which conventionally, only happens when the hacks have been around long enough. That's where we're at right now, it's really easy to get hacks rn because it's free atm. It's terrible.

I think this video says everything...
    Lecarey wrote: »

Hardly. Did you know those programs only change channels or disable their hacks to reduce suspicion when a character the program can track enters the map? Did you know GMs aren't possible for those programs to track due to the settings GMs use? Yet people can still leave a meso-farming Kanna mule up on Reboot overnight in Bye-Bye with little risk of even being disconnected, let alone banned in reasonable time. That's not even a Spy vs. Spy scenario: the GM literally just has to show up, see the Kanna's skills aren't functioning like normal and hitting literally everything as they spawn and having their pet teleport to every single meso bag drop and that should be an automatic ban.

This isn't even like a case where it's Ark or Illium levelling up somewhere with the program making some of their attacks hit the entire map at once, Kannas are going to be in extremely predictable locations and extremely obvious. There is no excuse for hacking being this rampant. None.

Look at this video, this is Nexon's respond to hackers, just let them be.