[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Max Symbol Levels?

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited August 2018 in General Chat
Will we ever see another change in the level cap for Arcane Symbols? Will they go to level 25? Does KMS have level 25 symbols? I know the experience tables show up to level 25, but that does not mean that we will ever see it. Does anyone know for certain?

Comments

• DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 2018
    KMS is still capped at level 20 symbols. Honestly I don't want the cap to increase to 25 unless there's a complete overhaul on the Arcane dailies. Going from level 20 to level 25 on VJ / Moras / Esfera symbols would take 311 DAYS, and we don't even get Esfera dailies until the Black Mage update later this year.

Frankly I don't expect the cap to ever increase to 25 considering the Arcane River zone is basically donezo, and Tenebris doesn't even use Arcane Force
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2018
    Level 20 symbols already have high requirements, I rather not re-add old dailies back into our lives. If we got to a point where we just simply got the max symbols for an area each day by logging in, maybe. That or they could add something similar to node slot enhancements, where either by your level, areas completed or non-repeatable quest we gain more arcane force.

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    DarkZetta wrote: »
    KMS is still capped at level 20 symbols. Honestly I don't want the cap to increase to 25 unless there's a complete overhaul on the Arcane dailies. Going from level 20 to level 25 on VJ / Moras / Esfera symbols would take 311 DAYS, and we don't even get Esfera dailies until the Black Mage update later this year.

Frankly I don't expect the cap to ever increase to 25 considering the Arcane River zone is basically donezo, and Tenebris doesn't even use Arcane Force

311 days doesn't sound that bad, even in BOLD UPPERCASE.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2018
    311 days is less than a year and your not taking into account events where they give symbols away. Also you could *gasp* farm some while leveling up a character. I know that they are a rare drop but it still happens often enough to knock at least one day off.
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    311 days is less than a year and your not taking into account events where they give symbols away. Also you could *gasp* farm some while leveling up a character. I know that they are a rare drop but it still happens often enough to knock at least one day off.

You mean the 4-5 non-coin shop events we've had out of the 2.5 years since Arcane River's release? Gee I wonder why I'm not taking them into account. Also using "You can just farm them" as a defense is a pretty poor one in that. Why spend several dozens upon dozens of hours farming symbols when you could *gasp* wait a measly day and get the same reward for it?

I know you said 311 is less than a year and you're correct, but that's only from 20 to 25. What about 1 to 25? Are you really ok with taking 646 days just to max an item? Not even the more grindy items farms like Tyrant Gloves or Arcane gear takes that long to acquire.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited August 2018
    I have been playing since 2006 that amount of time is nothing to me. Also I have already started secondary symbols that can be merged with my existing one to make it instantly higher level than what the current cap allows if the cap is raised. =] If the cap does not go up I can just send it to another character on my account. Idk why your apposed to the level increasing. If you don't want to farm them that is just fine. You can play how you want to play, but I would like the level to go up! I would also like the max character level to increase from 250 - 300 but that is something for another disscussion =]