[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Forum Suggestions and Feedback

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Petalmagic

Ooh...what if we could use our character sprites as avatars (instead of having to make them on Bannedstory kek)...wouldn't that be cool? THey could be animated but thats not what I care about...I wanna show off my Faf to the world (lols I kid...but I would love ppl to see my character)
    I'd rather that not be the case, considering I, and I'm sure others, don't play the game. If they allowed both custom and the character in game as available avatar options that's fine, but I feel as if we'd only have one or the other. I could be wrong though.
    Custom avatars are far preferable. If someone wants to use their character, they can grab a screenshot (or even the picture on rankings) and use that as their custom avatar.
    UzumeLilyflower
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    With the recent spam-bot infestation on the forums, we should make a thread limit per day or some threshold that shouldn't be exceeded.
  • JerenSoonJerenSoon
    Reactions: 820
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

With the recent spam-bot infestation on the forums, we should make a thread limit per day or some threshold that shouldn't be exceeded.
    OR it should apply to new-comers instead.
    Seriously; without IP and DDoS protection; it's always have Korean Hackers.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

I was thinking more along the lines of minimal time between posts. Say, a new user can only make a new thread once an hour. The time gradually shortens until, say, a month-old user can make a thread once every five minutes.

Not sure how well either method would work, though, considering the bots are already generating new users constantly (maybe there is a limit of 100 threads or something already?).

Kind of goes back to how easy it is to create a new Nexon ID...
    Lilyflower
  • LordBaxiLordBaxi
    Reactions: 315
    edited October 2016
    buff freezers for reboot i didnt rlly checked if there is any buff freezers at reboot cash shop but it will be also good if you could get them in reboot with mesos.. kinda helpfull to me i will sure pay 5mil for buff freezer! (dont rlly care about the price just the option it self can be rlly helpfull to me and alot others :D)

• UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    Okay, this is bothering me at this point, but could we separate Feedback and Requests from Suggestions? They're all 3 entirely different things, and it makes this section just seem really cluttered. They could potentially be sub-sections of it instead? Because as it is now, it just appears to be so... mashed together. I requested this a long time ago in the old forums, but I was told to wait until the new forums.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Still looking for this to be at the bottom as well, or some sort of "to top" button.
    Scrolling kills me.
  • AlanDahManAlanDahMan
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016
    [Wrong topic]
  • HardflipHardflip
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Hello I Would like to share my feedback regarding the patch that will make it easier to reach level 200. I am really happy to hear that the amount of exp needed to level will be going down. Does this mean reaching level 250 will be easier? I hope to reach 250 myself one day and if its getting easier then woo-hoo!
  • CoppersannCoppersann
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited November 2016
    Would love to use a custom avatar.
    Also it would be awesome to have a list of all new posts made within the 24 hours and list of all posts since you were gone.
  • DiDizDiDiz
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    I have seen that the game serves time will change to the UTC. I believe that the number of US players is larger than Europe. I hope that the time can change back to the PST.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Coppersann

Also it would be awesome to have a list of all new posts made within the 24 hours and list of all posts since you were gone.
    custom avatars are planned to be implemented at some point, and a list of new posts within 24h is already implemented
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Seeing as this thread is 8 pages long, and it's 1.20am (Waiting for Maple to work again...) it's too long for me to read (and remember) so sorry if these have been suggested...

I've always liked coloured text, so to add the text box editor would be nice.
    Customised Avatars
    Signatures !!! A must have! Obviously with a limit of so many pixels !
    Maybe a dedicated page to who's admin and moderators on here, so it's easier for the users who aren't keen on forums to find someone to contact?

I'm sure I'll think of other things too
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2016
    Coppersann

you're not the real coppersann, why you do this man :(
  • HardflipHardflip
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2016
    Hello i would like to suggest the addition of Better Daily quests for high levels. So right now, Haven is the only place im aware of with High level dailys given by npcs. They are not the best questlines either, but i have yet to explore them fully. If we could always have events going on with daily's for exp and item rewards- or add new high level dailys somwhere - that would be awesome. If possible i would also like the addition of better/more nx. I was thinking of buying the New Veamoth wings but honestly i bought a cube stack instead because i didnt like them THAT much. But yeah tons of new nx would be cool.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Sparklee
    Sparklee said:

I've always liked coloured text, so to add the text box editor would be nice./i>
    colored text can already be done if you know the color code
    I suggest clicking the "Simple HTML" link below
  • steamconesteamcone
    Reactions: 795
    edited November 2016
    you need to make master craftsman cubes tradable again. i commended nexon for making the game less pay to win will traces, starforce and craftcubes and now they revert it? its terrible for the old ems population as it was a staple item in the fm, for both buyers and sellers. new players could make small but consequential gains by selling cubic blades and after a while craft cubes to sell or use for themselves
    anyone that wants to upgrade their gear either has to fork out for a pack of red or blacks.

reboot should not the be all and end all for f2p players.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Can polls be updated to highlight which option you voted for after you vote?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Hardflip
    Hardflip said:

Hello I Would like to share my feedback regarding the patch that will make it easier to reach level 200. I am really happy to hear that the amount of exp needed to level will be going down. Does this mean reaching level 250 will be easier? I hope to reach 250 myself one day and if its getting easier then woo-hoo!
    Nope, only the 1-200 exp curve is getting reduced. No announced changes to 201-250
  • CendrielCendriel
    Reactions: 720
    edited November 2016
    1. Are there going to be tiers of what 'title' you have according to the number of posts made? Like if you have 1000+ comments.. instead of just 'member' you could be 'insightful (member)?'

2. Also what happened to our personal titles that CM KThxBaiNao gave us with the old forums? I remember I had a title "Pink Goddess" and was wondering if I could get that back! :)

3. If we get to personally change our avatars as opposed to picking from a predetermined list, please ensure that .gif formats can work too, I think that would be cool!

4. What exactly is meant by "reactions" under our picture in the forums? Does that mean "comments" to a thread? I feel like reaction might be poor wording.

5. Is there a way to add our snapchat user in profile settings or perhaps instagram ? :)

6. Can we have social media logos with direct links to our pages under our avatar on the left side when we post on a forum? i.e.: in this case the logos would be under where it says "member".

7. Option to self change background of the forums for our viewing only.

8. Option to change fonts of forums for our viewing only.

9. Our old 'Member since______' dates like it was with the old forums

10. More perks in being active? Leadership board for most comments give away with maple points??

11. Volunteered forum moderators? (Maplers that have been in the forums for a while, maplers that have been playing for a few years) ..Pick me I volunteer as tribute!!!

hmm.. more to come I just can't think of them all at once..