[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lab Server Legion Block Reward Clarification

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Confirming that you'd get 2 blocks. One per quest completion:

1. Lv. 150 Block upon completing the Lv. 150 Celebration Gift quest.
    2. Lv. 250 Block upon completing the Lv. 200 Survivalist! quest.

So do you get the 250 block for completing the 200 quest? Because that's damn sure how you're sounding rn bucko.

And here's the important clarification that I'm not sure if you've made yet: Will you still get the legion block reward from the level 200 quest if you die after turning it in?
  • BlackSpider71BlackSpider71
    Reactions: 600
    Rezerba wrote: »
    So completing the Lv. 200 Survivalist! quest bumps both blocks up to the lv 250 tier or only bump up the Enhanced Legion Block to the 250 tier?

If it was both he would have just said "250 for the 150" we get 55 ATT total.

On a side note I have a different question, how will these blocks be implemented, will they be on the board already, or will they be as a character card? If it just gets added to the board, what will happen if you accidentally take it out?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited August 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

So do you get the 250 block for completing the 200 quest? Because that's damn sure how you're sounding rn bucko.

And here's the important clarification that I'm not sure if you've made yet: Will you still get the legion block reward from the level 200 quest if you die after turning it in?

Ye
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

So then the only way to get the 250 block for the Legion Block is to actually reach 250...? Otherwise, reaching 200 is sufficient to get the 250 version of the Enhanced Legion Block ?
  • KureKure
    Reactions: 650
    edited August 2018
    Mira wrote: »

So then the only way to get the 250 block for the Legion Block is to actually reach 250...? Otherwise, reaching 200 is sufficient to get the 250 version of the Enhanced Legion Block ?

They lowered the lvl 250 requirement to just level 200 (but you must complete the Lvl 200 survivalist quest).

Will the rewards be automatically shown on legion board after the event, or will it appear in a gift box? I haven't reached 500 cumulative levels to unlock legion so I'm worried about not making the deadline on unlocking legion in my non-lab world.
  • baesikbaesik
    Reactions: 510
    Do the cumulative levels get added to our legion level and/or raid power? For example +150 and +250/+200?

Will each character duplicate their raid power according to their starforce, meaning we'll need to starforce our characters on the lab server to optimize their power?

Concise and clarification is very, very important to me, as well as any other player who wants to truly be optimal!

Thanks, Arwoo!
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 830
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    So completing the Lv. 200 Survivalist! quest bumps both blocks up to the lv 250 tier or only bump up the Enhanced Legion Block to the 250 tier?

Just clearing things up about "rip daxi". At least his efforts plus that one guy that redeemed a Frenzy Totem on LAB wasn't completely for nothing. He'll get 60 attack instead of the 55 that majority gets.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018

Just clearing things up about "rip daxi". At least his efforts plus that one guy that redeemed a Frenzy Totem on LAB wasn't completely for nothing. He'll get 60 attack instead of the 55 that majority gets.

Nope your wrong, everyone who completes the 200 quest will receive the maximum rewards and they RIGHTLY SHOULD BE GETTING IT, Nexon Robbed us of our daily Wilderness Hunter Buff(+100 wa/ma +10k HP/MP 30 min duration) with the permanent closure of Mr. Lee's Airline event due to the lab server having a bug problem with it! Anyone going over 200 is doing it just for fun now, even if they hit 250 all they will get more than anyone else is screen shots that they can use to brag how crazy they pushed on lab! =) that is why arwoo stated a few people may be upset over this news. cause the large majority 99.9% of the participants 250 was an impossible task. they made it so we are all winners on equal footing earning maximum possible rewards. this is fantastic =) and fair as this puts us in line with other versions of maplestory that have hosted the lab server event(200 quest achieved and get max rewards)
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 830
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    nope your wrong, everyone who completes the 200 quest will receive the maximum rewards anyone going over 200 is doing it just for fun now, even if they hit 250 all they will get more than anyone else is screen shots that they can use to brag how crazy they pushed on lab! =) that is why arwoo stated a few people may be upset over this news. cause the large majority 99.9% of the participants 250 was an impossible task. they made it so we are all winners on equal footing earning maximum possible rewards. this is fantastic =) and fair as this puts us in line with other versions of maplestory that have hosted the lab server event(200 quest achieved and get max rewards)

Arwoo says you can get 2 blocks.

He also mentions other blocks under 150 for people that didn't get to 150.
    He doesn't specify if both blocks get to 250. Only the Enhanced Legion Block is confirmed to be lv 250 when you completet the lv 200 quest.

I'm asking if both blocks will be the lv 250 blocks. And if not does a person that gets to 250 get the lv 250 tier for the 1st Legion Block?

Otherwise the picture and the patch notes about the Legion Block were all a lie and it'd be false advertisement.

Aletai strikes again! RIP Daxi
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    @Arwoo
    There are 2 kinds of Block rewards :
    1. Regular Block Reward : We can get it after completion of level 150 quest. The current highest is level 250 Block which give +25 attack
    2. Enhanced Block Reward : We can get it after completion of the level 200 quest. The current highest is level 250 block which give +35 attack

Questions:
    1. If we have done the level 150 quests and also the level 200 quest, and reach level 200, will we get Regular Block level 250 that give +25 attack and Enhanced Block Level 250 that give +35 attack? Or do we only get Regular Block level 150 that give +20 attack and Enhanced Block level 250 that give +35 attack?
    2. Do I need to reach level 250 in order to get maximum reward Regular Block level 250 (+25 attack) and Enhanced Block level 250 (+35 attack)?

I am asking this because from what i understand from your announcement, reaching level 200 will only give us level 150 Regular Block reward which give us +20 attack and level 250 enhanced block which give +35 attack. Need clarification. Thanks

@Rezerba

It is not a false advertisement. Maplestory just decided to reduce the requirement because a lot of players complain that the level 250 requrement is too high for 20 days event. Not saying a lot of confusion on the quests because this is a new event for GMS. So after few days of the initial announcement, Maple decide to reduce it to level 200 only.
  • ContraContra
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2018
    If we reached level 200 but aren't able to complete the quest, will we still get the legion block at the end of the event?
    I have the level 200 survivalist quest in my quest log, but for some reason, it wasn't completed when I reached level 200.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Contra wrote: »
    If we reached level 200 but aren't able to complete the quest, will we still get the legion block at the end of the event?
    I have the level 200 survivalist quest in my quest log, but for some reason, it wasn't completed when I reached level 200.

If you died at any point after accepting the Survivalist quest (while fighting Von Leon for example) you have not completed the quest and will need to start over from level 10. Forfeit the quest and re-accept it after dying. Then level to 200 without dying, as the quest specifies.

Official post here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/21471/lab-server-level-200-quest-not-completing#latest
    edited August 2018
    Contra wrote: »

It was also updated on the event page http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/34318/updated-august-22-lab-server-here-for-a-limited-time
  • chrissypoopchrissypoop
    Reactions: 500
    edited August 2018
    We will still receive the enhanced block after completing the level 200 survivalist quest even if we die after completing it right?
  • CuHanhCuHanh
    Reactions: 100
    I reached 200 level and see the survivalist quest nowhere. That means I have to suicide and go up to 200 again?
    edited August 2018
    CuHanh wrote: »
    I reached 200 level and see the survivalist quest nowhere. That means I have to suicide and go up to 200 again?

You can only receive the quest at level 10, and then grind to 200 without dying
  • MysteryMystery
    Reactions: 1,345
    edited August 2018

The same just happened to me and i'm pretty sure i took on the quest at level 10, yet nothing cleared once i reached 200.
    Shouldn't the reward be given for reaching the level 200 goal? To clarify i didn't die at any point after i releveled to 200.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Mystery wrote: »

The same just happened to me and i'm pretty sure i took on the quest at level 10, yet nothing cleared once i reached 200.
    Shouldn't the reward be given for reaching the level 200 goal? To clarify i didn't die at any point after i releveled to 200.

The question is whether you died at any point between accepting the quest and reaching 200. For example, while fighting Von Leon.
    If you die, even while you were still level 10, you must forfeit the quest and re-accept it.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

Unfortunately they coded this event rather shittily, and for some reason made it a requirement to accept a stupid quest to prove that you made it to 200 (not that having a level 200 character would be sufficient to prove you did it...) without dying, and if you die the quest gives no indication that it is now null and void and needs to be restarted.

This entire event has been one giant clusterfuck of misinformation, poor planning/execution, and no timely follow-up on any of the issues players have brought up. I'd like to say that this would be a learning experience for Nexon but... well, you're all aware I'm sure.
  • CuHanhCuHanh
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2018

Same, accepting the quest was the first thing I did. But after that I cant find it in progress or completed tab.