[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else boom a ton of sw tattoos last sunday?

TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
Reactions: 2,320
edited August 2018 in General Chat
During sunday's 30% discount sf event, i boomed my sweet water tattoo 13 times and i heard people cussing and swearing in towns and they were apparently trying to sf sweet water tattoos as well with no good outcomes. i wasted 14b quite a large savings on it and pretty upset, lets shed some light on this in the community, i feel like it is a bug and has nothing to do with luck. https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/Hv6y227UVHJ5BoV-v1aVoPEiKqEzbFh25Z_-YBk_4eU/https/i.ytimg.com/vi/l_Sy3-xQ028/maxresdefault.jpg
  1. Did you have trouble starforcing sweetwater Tattoo specifically during last sundays 30% sf discount?8 votes
    1. yes
       38% (3 votes)
    2. no
       63% (5 votes)

Comments

• TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited August 2018
    so not sure if this is a coincidence but i know 5 other people during this sunday's 30% discount sf boomed over 10 sweetwater tattoos self included maybe this is non coincidental and something is wrong with sweetwater tatoos? also Joffrey was the most extreme case he boomed 44 of them and made an angry vid, i believe this goes beyond random chance something is seriously wrong and here is a link to his vid https://youtube.com/watch?v=l_Sy3-xQ028 honestly if this is not a bug and Nexon just messing with this particular item to syphon out all our hard earned mesos, count me really upset and disapointed
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    Reactions: 460
    edited August 2018
    I am not so sure either, I also had that issue and i've boomed about 9 SW tattoos over a period of maybe 3 hours, some being back to back 12-13 stars.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I boomed a Sage Shield and Meister Ring on the 12->13 star, so I trust none of their supposed success/failure rates lol.
  • joffreyyinjoffreyyin
    Reactions: 300
    2.1% chance btw nexon :) (i'm the one who boomed 44)
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    I have also had items boom on the 13th star. Funny how you can't get a 30% star to pass but it will explode with less than a 1% chance...
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited August 2018
    I mean this seems legit, not to mention I also traced my previous Sweetwater Tattoo that I was equipping, along with buying 2 more off through trading. I can definitely say that something wasn't right with this particular equip during the 30% Starforce Discount event.

Said above, include 3 more booms that aren't shown in this ss from buying Sweetwater Tattoos in the AH
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/439580086535061504/483511100474785792/rng.png
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited August 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I have also had items boom on the 13th star. Funny how you can't get a 30% star to pass but it will explode with less than a 1% chance...

I've also had this back to back at least twice after retracing the Sweetwater Tattoo to 12 and then immediately booming. I thought it was just my luck but it seems like the rates seem to have altered during this event.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited August 2018
    People that don't get the outcome they want are going to be more vocal than those that went straight to 22*. Luck is not a glitch.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited August 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    People that don't get the outcome they want are going to be more vocal than those that went straight to 22*. Luck is not a glitch.

yea im sure it was just pure luck, nexon dindu nuffin
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    How often does one come here when something succeeds without question?

Now, how often does one come here when something fails without question?

It's easier to remember the bad than the good.

I went through about 80 root abyss boots trying to aim for 22*. Mostly boomed around 13-17 and was down ALOT of bils in meso. Ended up with a 16* boot that I just left on the ground. Didn't complain about it, just gave up and moved on.

Rng sucks, those that get triple primes or 22* in one go probably either only have that single item going for them or they lied just to make themselves feel better. The majority of players go through what you're experiencing, it's just that official channels is the easiest place to goto to vent. Don't let some conspiracy goto your head, it's just down to luck.
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited August 2018
    I just want to say that half of my booms were 12-13 and that I’ve burned 15b just to make it to 15 stars vs other equips (superior Gollux earrings/cra) which were completely normal and have not spent nor boomed as much on making to 22. Luck is one thing but this equip specifically did not feel justified for me and I think a majority who have touched this specific piece of equipment have ended up with tons of booms and frustration.
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    from 12->17 you can safeguard it... no excuse.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    My excuse = lack of mesos!!!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Plutia wrote: »
    from 12->17 you can safeguard it... no excuse.

That's not the point, though.
    People who didn't safeguard their SW Tattoos, probably didn't safeguard other gear they were star-forcing, either. And yet they're only complaining about the Tattoos getting destroyed an abnormally high number of times.
  • gundum584gundum584
    Reactions: 100
    Yea i spent around 10b on both sweet water face accessories and couldn't even get 15 stars but with another 10b got 5 other items to 17 stars.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited August 2018
    It's pretty much already established fact in kms that starforcing chances are rigged.