[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited August 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Its been stated a few times already but let me reiterate. A lot of the people in this thread have been using the terms alliance and merge interchangeably, probably because they didn't initially come here to argue over specifics, AND don't see a meaningful difference in the two. The difference between a merge and an alliance (like the amount of characters available etc) would only impact a small margin of players. An increased population would impact significantly more people, so I am not surprised we are getting people posting who 1)Want a bigger population and 2) don't really care whether its a merge or an alliance. And I don't expect some of them to read through all these pages to figure out there has been a discussion to distinguish the two concepts, because ultimately this is just a thread for people to state their opinions, and move on.

Lets face it, whether its a merge or an alliance is a backburner issue to the pressing issue of the dead population.

I'm also almost guaranteed it would be an alliance over a merge. They've done plenty of alliances already and never any merges to gms. the don't have to do deal with the headache of characters in certain worlds, etc. Lets all just hope they fix this issue sooner rather than later.

Being in an alliance not only brings populations closer, but also allows characters to participate in the same physical server without sharing the 46 character slots. Worlds in the same alliance not only have separate character rosters, but separate Reward Point shops that each have their own 5 cube/ 2 scroll limits. Even Blessing of the Fairy and Empress's Blessing is shared across the whole alliance as well as Monster Collection. The only things not shared are link skills, storage, cash storage and Legion.

I am curious what Nexon will resort to next. Another world leap would not guarantee an equal balance of players since they could continue fleeing to Bera or another nut will shout on Reddit to come to MYBCKN or GRAZED. How many alliances we will end up and how they were grouped with is up to Nexon. They can add the small non-allianced worlds to existing main alliances (like adding Scania to GRAZED or Winda to MYBCKN) and have 2 medium alliances, 1 full Bera, and a sad Kroa and of course, Reboot. There are also other world combinations I can think of, but I bet everyone gets the idea.

Some all the non-Reboot worlds in NA to be allianced into a single massive alliance with additional channels to handle the population. I've been a supporter for this crazy idea since it technically allows players to interact with anyone as long they are not in EU or Reboot. Servers with higher populations have Auction Houses that have items in stock (I cannot find anything in GRAZED.)

I never liked the idea of having a huge server and a separate quiet server because low populations can stunt a player's progress in a bad way. Once again, buying an item you need will be many times harder than in a healthy server. Preparing a boss squad will be difficult due to the lack of participants. Other player dependent activities such as Kritias, event minigames would not have enough players. Also, a quiet server will eventually turn into a regular or even a congested server if enough people prefer peace and quiet and eventually fill up the remote area. Why not just move to the big server and find a quiet channel? You can still avoid weirdos and buy the goods you need, do Kritias Invasion and can change your mind if you decide to socialize with the people you considered weirdos earlier.

Yea, there are definitely pros and cons to each a merge and an alliance. I personally wouldn't benefit from the reward points because I haven't made high level characters in other servers except Reboot, and personally don't take the time to do bosses on multiple servers, I know some people do though. However I would at least gain two lvl 1 link skills if we got a merge instead of an alliance. But like I said, back burner issue compared to how badly needed the population needs to be addressed.

Yea I agree with this. Alliances will also solve any sentimental issues people have with belonging to their home server. making one server be known as the 'quiet' server inherently will serve very little purpose- it either pleases a small group of players or it pleases a lot of players, then turns into a regular sized server and is no longer serving its initial purpose. Too many parts of the game rely on the need for other players to help you (pqs, bosses, the market system which has many sub-sectional issues, guilds/alliances, event mini-games) so when people say they want their dead server it seems they just want a server for them and their friends for themselves. Not really appropriate for an MMORPG considering all the compromises stated above. Although on the flip side, Nexon has divided up the small non reboot population into 6 servers with about 4 or 5 of them being relatively dead, so I'm assuming game play being compromised isn't high on the priority list to solve. Not like i'm getting boss queues without a guild mate.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited August 2018
    Trystarr wrote: »
    Its been stated a few times already but let me reiterate. A lot of the people in this thread have been using the terms alliance and merge interchangeably, probably because they didn't initially come here to argue over specifics, AND don't see a meaningful difference in the two. The difference between a merge and an alliance (like the amount of characters available etc) would only impact a small margin of players. An increased population would impact significantly more people, so I am not surprised we are getting people posting who 1)Want a bigger population and 2) don't really care whether its a merge or an alliance. And I don't expect some of them to read through all these pages to figure out there has been a discussion to distinguish the two concepts, because ultimately this is just a thread for people to state their opinions, and move on.

Lets face it, whether its a merge or an alliance is a backburner issue to the pressing issue of the dead population.

I'm also almost guaranteed it would be an alliance over a merge. They've done plenty of alliances already and never any merges to gms. the don't have to do deal with the headache of characters in certain worlds, etc. Lets all just hope they fix this issue sooner rather than later.

Being in an alliance not only brings populations closer, but also allows characters to participate in the same physical server without sharing the 46 character slots. Worlds in the same alliance not only have separate character rosters, but separate Reward Point shops that each have their own 5 cube/ 2 scroll limits. Even Blessing of the Fairy and Empress's Blessing is shared across the whole alliance as well as Monster Collection. The only things not shared are link skills, storage, cash storage and Legion.

I am curious what Nexon will resort to next. Another world leap would not guarantee an equal balance of players since they could continue fleeing to Bera or another nut will shout on Reddit to come to MYBCKN or GRAZED. How many alliances we will end up and how they were grouped with is up to Nexon. They can add the small non-allianced worlds to existing main alliances (like adding Scania to GRAZED or Winda to MYBCKN) and have 2 medium alliances, 1 full Bera, and a sad Kroa and of course, Reboot. There are also other world combinations I can think of, but I bet everyone gets the idea.

Some all the non-Reboot worlds in NA to be allianced into a single massive alliance with additional channels to handle the population. I've been a supporter for this crazy idea since it technically allows players to interact with anyone as long they are not in EU or Reboot. Servers with higher populations have Auction Houses that have items in stock (I cannot find anything in GRAZED.)

I never liked the idea of having a huge server and a separate quiet server because low populations can stunt a player's progress in a bad way. Once again, buying an item you need will be many times harder than in a healthy server. Preparing a boss squad will be difficult due to the lack of participants. Other player dependent activities such as Kritias, event minigames would not have enough players. Also, a quiet server will eventually turn into a regular or even a congested server if enough people prefer peace and quiet and eventually fill up the remote area. Why not just move to the big server and find a quiet channel? You can still avoid weirdos and buy the goods you need, do Kritias Invasion and can change your mind if you decide to socialize with the people you considered weirdos earlier.

Yea, there are definitely pros and cons to each a merge and an alliance. I personally wouldn't benefit from the reward points because I haven't made high level characters in other servers except Reboot, and personally don't take the time to do bosses on multiple servers, I know some people do though. However I would at least gain two lvl 1 link skills if we got a merge instead of an alliance. But like I said, back burner issue compared to how badly needed the population needs to be addressed.

Yea I agree with this. Alliances will also solve any sentimental issues people have with belonging to their home server. making one server be known as the 'quiet' server inherently will serve very little purpose- it either pleases a small group of players or it pleases a lot of players, then turns into a regular sized server and is no longer serving its initial purpose. Too many parts of the game rely on the need for other players to help you (pqs, bosses, the market system which has many sub-sectional issues, guilds/alliances, event mini-games) so when people say they want their dead server it seems they just want a server for them and their friends for themselves. Not really appropriate for an MMORPG considering all the compromises stated above. Although on the flip side, Nexon has divided up the small non reboot population into 6 servers with about 4 or 5 of them being relatively dead, so I'm assuming game play being compromised isn't high on the priority list to solve. Not like i'm getting boss queues without a guild mate.

You're not the only one, most of Maplers wants a merge/ally.
    It's really sad that Nexon didn't do anything about it yet for literally a few years...
    DuskRaven
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited August 2018
    this is possible?? yeah and suggesting some idea for this? of course , but we need bring ideas, some think of a single world (global whit all the other servers) with reboot, the other a new merge but joining bera whit kroa a example and other 4 or 5 servers and scania whit windia grazed by example and successively , or .. 3ro joining to the all players in wordl party quest (a event sadly, full of errors and that I do not advance to anything and in the end abandoned) , whit a gains of exp mayor but hard for join to the players, are anyones suggestions but the ideal is a only merge ally , eliminate all the alliances and guilds and erase the name of players w not play more the game and fixed the bugs of the game and crashers but maple story is a game legitm and many people Many people love the game, they have nostalgia and love, we hope this
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    i agree with a world merge. but wtf would u do about character slots? lol. there should be like 2 primary servers and reboot... seriously, the game is pretty dead outside of bera and reboot.
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited August 2018
    Plutia wrote: »
    i agree with a world merge. but wtf would u do about character slots? lol. there should be like 2 primary servers and reboot... seriously, the game is pretty dead outside of bera and reboot.

Easy, make alliance world, instead of Merge, it'd bring us the same results anyway.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited September 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Mira wrote: »
    Alantino wrote: »
    chooz wrote: »
    how bout we just merge everybody and double the channels

A very few people will disagree with you but when you think about it, this is actually by far the best idea ever.

If their servers weren't total garbage I would say that would be an intriguing idea. However, look at all the posts from Bera players saying how god awful the lag has been ever since they allowed leaping into Bera. If Nexon could actually support a stable server I would think otherwise but... well, you know the answer to that.

I think Dark Passenger is against this specific idea, i doubt anyone believes every world but Bera should be dead at leastI hope so. That doesn't neccesarily mean everyone believes merge everything into one world, the solutions can vary from this.

I'm sorry bother, but I give up... let's face it, we can't win this game... I mean, this is their game, and no matter how hard we try, they just won't do this... I really liked this game... but I guess they just want it to be dead and put an end to this... I've been fighting over this game because I love it but I guess it's just not worth it anymore...
    Bioooms wrote: »
    yet you call me back out, and I appreciate the call out, but the last time I wrote something here was about 4 days ago. So, I appreciate the call out and opportunity to respond to you. But I decline to comment. Thank you, have a good day.

So 'no longer participating' for you means 4 days? Why should we listen to someone with this poor discipline, who evidently also makes contradictory statements about their actions?

Thank you Biooms for the feedback and for the opportunity to respond, but it would be best advised to not make this personal about me and my discipline or lack of, but rather feel free to contribute to the topic. If you feel that something hasn't been said regarding this request, feel free to bring it up.

there's a difference between declining to add on to the subject matter and addressing a call out, or a trap that's been set to further spiral things out of topic. If I begin to address every thing you've tried to point out with added "constructive" criticism, I'd be falling into a trap. So, again, I thank you for the opportunity to respond.

I give up, I realized nexon doesn't want to mergre/ally anyway... so in other words, you and the other very few people that said they don't want merge/ally won....
    I hope you're happy...
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Coming up to a year since the character transfer event.
  • DubaiCakeDubaiCake
    Reactions: 110
    edited September 2018
    Dear Nexon and Beautiful Maplers!

i hope this finds everyone well =],

I have an idea of merging un-active servers under one tab or one server or creating an open world feature like switching to other servers or something like that.

Adding on that, creating a recruiting plan, includes points and big rewards and works on marketing side more..

its just an opinion to keep Maplestory alive, and im happy to be a Gms Beta player [2003] lol one of the old players haha..

wish you all a beautiful day ;]

Love,
    DuskRaven
  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    edited September 2018
    Personally I think its ok, Nexon is clearly trying to taper people off this game. That OR they don't know how to manage a game and are living off of a handful of players wasting their money and more importantly their lives on a poorly managed, outdated, side-scrolling video game that costs $1000's of dollars to be sort-of competitive in a non-competitive game and the best years of your life.

Some people are literally sitting in computer chairs, to sit in their maple chairs. People please don't rationalize being addicted to this game by saying you only play to socialize with your 'friends'. you are enabling each other to waste your lives, don't take online relationships too seriously because they simply aren't. I want us all to wake up and at least understand that we're wasting our lives, even if you are ok with that. Cash out while you can and cut your losses and enjoy life. You don't need an alliance over life experience.

NO ALLIANCE, NO UPDATES, LETS WAKE UP.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Personally I think its ok, Nexon is clearly trying to taper people off this game. That OR they don't know how to manage a game and are living off of a handful of players wasting their money and more importantly their lives on a poorly managed, outdated, side-scrolling video game that costs $1000's of dollars to be sort-of competitive in a non-competitive game and the best years of your life.

Some people are literally sitting in computer chairs, to sit in their maple chairs. People please don't rationalize being addicted to this game by saying you only play to socialize with your 'friends'. you are enabling each other to waste your lives, don't take online relationships too seriously because they simply aren't. I want us all to wake up and at least understand that we're wasting our lives, even if you are ok with that. Cash out while you can and cut your losses and enjoy life. You don't need an alliance over life experience.

Implying you know the habits of everyone that plays the game, outside of the game. Keep these types of comments to yourself. Times have changed and behavioral patterns change. People are more social outside of the game that they were before.
    edited September 2018

Implying you know the habits of everyone that plays the game, outside of the game. Keep these types of comments to yourself. Times have changed and behavioral patterns change. People are more social outside of the game that they were before.

wasn't directed towards casual players, or everyone that plays. ~ a lot of people play casually. That is great. I want to reiterate there is a big handful of people who spend thousands of dollars and excessive hours everyday on this game. It is an odd phenomena that even the world health organization has acknowledged as a disorder. http://www.who.int/features/qa/gaming-disorder/en/
    Times and behaviour have changed, we know most maple players are the same players from 10ish years ago. meaning most players aren't kids anymore. We're adults, some of which are investing way too much of their life and funds into make-believe fantasy characters. Sorry to chalk up some of your lives to that. My opinion on this matter is that a merge or alliance is not necessary because this game can still be sustained as a casual game. It can also be sustained as a $5,000USD+ 'investment' if young adults are still wrongly prioritizing gaming over other aspects of life because their online buddies are enabling them. If this wake up call makes one person pursue something more important in life than a video game then It was a good idea. Either way other casual players should be aware of how much money can be spent on this game (There are frenzy totems on illegitimate black markets going for >$1,500, otherwise your spawn rates suck for post lvl 200 training- meaning you will train based on frenzy totem owners schedules who can offer you a service for a fee).

**P.s you saying 'people are more social outside of the game than they were before' is kind of implying you know the habits of everyone that plays the game...
    edited September 2018
    If your comment is unrelated to a merge or alliance, any sort of input about a merge or alliance, any suggestion about a merge or alliance; start a different thread about how much people spend or whatever you want to talk about.
    edited September 2018
    If your comment is unrelated to a merge or alliance, any sort of input about a merge or alliance, any suggestion about a merge or alliance; start a different thread about how much people spend or whatever you want to talk about.

That is why I feel an alliance or merge is unnecessary, i only elaborated because you accused me of generalizing.

Let me break this down.
    -For reasons stated previously, the whales/Nexons moneymakers/Nexons main priority are still spending $1000's on gear and what have you, regardless of the population crisis, and regardless of whether they would prefer a merge. That means Maplestory's profits are still doing OK.
    - Everything else is entirely less important from a business point of view, especially since these profits have withstood the test of time.
    -The rest of the players are casual more or less, and these are the people who want a merge/alliance. "Hey I just came back, what happened to this server?" "All my old friends moved to Bera. How do i switch to Bera?" we will not get a merge or alliance from these people, because why on earth would Nexon waste their time and effort into consolidating servers when they aren't making much money off the people who want it the most?
    - This leads us to the situation we are in now. Lots of whales with too much money into their characters, and lots of casual players demanding a merge in vain. The situation is still profitable, so it doesn't matter. We don't need a server merge. Hopefully you're not one of the whales, and you have a better chance of reevaluating spending your free time on a video game, as oppose to a variety of other things (bettering your health, fitness, progressing your career, moving out of your parents house, etc). So yea, no merge or alliance.
    DarkPassenger
    edited September 2018

That is why I feel an alliance or merge is unnecessary, i only elaborated because you accused me of generalizing.

Let me break this down.
    -For reasons stated previously, the whales/Nexons moneymakers/Nexons main priority are still spending $1000's on gear and what have you, regardless of the population crisis, and regardless of whether they would prefer a merge. That means Maplestory's profits are still doing OK.
    - Everything else is entirely less important from a business point of view, especially since these profits have withstood the test of time.
    -The rest of the players are casual more or less, and these are the people who want a merge/alliance. "Hey I just came back, what happened to this server?" "All my old friends moved to Bera. How do i switch to Bera?" we will not get a merge or alliance from these people, because why on earth would Nexon waste their time and effort into consolidating servers when they aren't making much money off the people who want it the most?
    - This leads us to the situation we are in now. Lots of whales with too much money into their characters, and lots of casual players demanding a merge in vain. The situation is still profitable, so it doesn't matter. We don't need a server merge. Hopefully you're not one of the whales, and you have a better chance of reevaluating spending your free time on a video game, as oppose to a variety of other things (bettering your health, fitness, progressing your career, moving out of your parents house, etc). So yea, no merge or alliance.

You know, youre not wrong about that.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited September 2018
    As a player who plays daily (don't tell me I have an addiction,) I've already made a several points of being unified in an alliance or merging servers beside the social aspects. Try living in a town without stores or very little residents. You won't have access to goods or locals to socialize with. Regardless of playstyle or money invested in the game, a server cannot thrive with few players. I've seen whales selling everything on the black market since their server is dead and there they are not going to rebuild their empire in another server. We've been hoping Nexon will re-open world transfer so players can move to their desired worlds without starting all over. However, leaving your old server will slowly desert it and merging or going with an alliance.

If a whale were to return to game after a world leap (maybe playing Maple during the break,) and they live in a quiet server, there is a possibility people might had moved and the returning player would quit due to no one to hang out with and rebuilding in Bera is huge task. If one were to return from hiatus and everything were merged or in allied, the chances of quitting since your server left will be reduced.

And Instinct, I hope you are just neutral on the topic of merge/alliance and not detesting the idea of unifying. I live in a quiet server and I've been hoping to move to a more crowded server. The only problem is I cannot take everything I have with me since I cannot fit my alliance characters or clutter into a single character roster. If moving companies were know for breaking things, people would be reluctant to move since they wouldn't want to lose their valuables.
  • sidisisidisi
    Reactions: 210
    im in chaos the market prices r just to much can we please merge please the sever dead and its hard to make money i put so much time in chaos its like hard for me to just start all the way over
    DuskRaven
  • DuskRavenDuskRaven
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2018
    I'm player from chaos server I have played like7 years in this server, for university reasons I missed the world transfer event, however, I had contact with my maple friends, so I found out they were in bera, for my friends I started from 0, my main since more than 5 years became an evan with 10% the DMG that has my main, I have been less than 5 months in BERA, the economy is bad due to the high population and the high number of hackers, I miss my main, but everything is for my friends ...
    I really hope that I can transfer my main (kaiser) to Bera to continue having fun with him, I lost all the nx and the mesos trying to make profit in the meso market, I had 30b in my main (chaos), I received 12b from meso market in Bera ...
    edited September 2018
    As a player who plays daily (don't tell me I have an addiction,) I've already made a several points of being unified in an alliance or merging servers beside the social aspects. Try living in a town without stores or very little residents. You won't have access to goods or locals to socialize with. Regardless of playstyle or money invested in the game, a server cannot thrive with few players. I've seen whales selling everything on the black market since their server is dead and there they are not going to rebuild their empire in another server. We've been hoping Nexon will re-open world transfer so players can move to their desired worlds without starting all over. However, leaving your old server will slowly desert it and merging or going with an alliance.

If a whale were to return to game after a world leap (maybe playing Maple during the break,) and they live in a quiet server, there is a possibility people might had moved and the returning player would quit due to no one to hang out with and rebuilding in Bera is huge task. If one were to return from hiatus and everything were merged or in allied, the chances of quitting since your server left will be reduced.

And Instinct, I hope you are just neutral on the topic of merge/alliance and not detesting the idea of unifying. I live in a quiet server and I've been hoping to move to a more crowded server. The only problem is I cannot take everything I have with me since I cannot fit my alliance characters or clutter into a single character roster. If moving companies were know for breaking things, people would be reluctant to move since they wouldn't want to lose their valuables.

I understand my opinion is an unpopular one here, but I think it is worth sharing anyway. A merge or alliance would keep whales from quitting the game sure, you are right, but is someone who has invested $1000's of dollars on a video game moving on in life really a bad thing? Whether you want to call your daily activity addiction or not, can a reasonable person actually say spending the thousands of dollars it costs to be competitive in maplestory wouldn't be bringing their 'habitual behaviour' extremely too far? Is spending hours a day on a game viable for most people wanting to better themselves? This sort of spending on a video game is either a colossal waste of money if you are not rich or is you passively wasting the best years of your life if you are. Either way a very big waste of your time here on earth. So thinking in the best interest of everybody, it is best we do not have a merge, and you are all further pressured to move on with your lives. Giving maplestory a merge would be like not putting down your dog who can't stand up anymore.The game is surviving on a small demographic of the players who spend enough time and money on the game to make significant business or philanthropic moves. Trying to make maplestory work in your 20's is you procrastinating in life. I'm sorry though, I won't tell you anymore scary truths to delude your fantasies.
    edited September 2018

I understand my opinion is an unpopular one here, but I think it is worth sharing anyway. A merge or alliance would keep whales from quitting the game sure, you are right, but is someone who has invested $1000's of dollars on a video game moving on in life really a bad thing? Whether you want to call your daily activity addiction or not, can a reasonable person actually say spending the thousands of dollars it costs to be competitive in maplestory wouldn't be bringing their 'habitual behaviour' extremely too far? Is spending hours a day on a game viable for most people wanting to better themselves? This sort of spending on a video game is either a colossal waste of money if you are not rich or is you passively wasting the best years of your life if you are. Either way a very big waste of your time here on earth. So thinking in the best interest of everybody, it is best we do not have a merge, and you are all further pressured to move on with your lives. Giving maplestory a merge would be like not putting down your dog who can't stand up anymore.The game is surviving on a small demographic of the players who spend enough time and money on the game to make significant business or philanthropic moves. Trying to make maplestory work in your 20's is you procrastinating in life. I'm sorry though, I won't tell you anymore scary truths to delude your fantasies.

youre thinking way outside the box. but I do agree with some of your points.

Instinct9001
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited September 2018
    Been awhile since I last posted in this thread. Not a day goes by where this doesn't go reported though. Apologies that this post isn't confirmation that worlds will be merging, but I did want to provide encouragement that we're reading all the new posts made here.

DaxterbeerDuskRavenAcgnoliabunny11
This discussion has been closed.