[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon should buff map spawns and remove kishin

Comments

• DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited September 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    NakazatoJL wrote: »
    We understand the concern of Kanna mains about it being nerfed, but what we are asking for isn't removing Kishin as nerf to the class, making the class better at the other things it does and removing the part that makes it look just like a mule character for most players isn't a nerf.

Sadly, there has been plenty of evidence that Nexon doesn't usually rebalance that way. If kishin goes there is still a very high chance there won't be a world spawn rate increase and kishin won't be buffed. At this point, I have no faith in Nexon to properly remedy the situation.

To be clear, I'm not against a global spawn increase, I just don't think we'll get one.

Remember when Nexon said they would add in multiple ways to increase meso gain for Reboot after the level change in non-KMS areas? Yeah I'm still waiting for those as well.
    Frankly I'm expecting the same thing to happen if they remove Kishin / Frenzy. They'll remove them, announce that they're thinking of ways / methods to remedy the situation and compensate accordingly and then do nothing.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited September 2018
    And give Kanna's what as a compensation? You already took Haku out back and shot his legs off. Stop complaining because y'all don't want to make a kish mule/ask a friend/pay for kish service (with money, nx, droplets, nodes etc)

like y'all scream about removing kish but you don't even give a compensation for the kanna mains lmfao. it's actually laughable.

nexon will most likely never make frenzy totem available in reboot because it's a marvel item. and decent kishin bc kishin as it sits is already 30%(?) more spawn and a decent kish will be like what? anywhere between 5-10% more spawn? that's not even justifiable amount of extra mobs with the rate people kill at.
    Dodoch
  • NihilisticClownNihilisticClown
    Reactions: 470
    edited September 2018
    This title... oof. And several of these comments.

By the title alone though, I hope none of you get surprised when Nexon does remove Kishin and gives you no replacement. No spawn rate boost, no decent nodes, nothing, because the only audible sound you masses are shouting to the heavens at Nexon is the thread title.

Yeah some of you tried to present alternatives, but it’s always after the fact. Always after the bombastic ‘Kishin is a problem’ or ‘Please remove kishin’. Arwoo going off to discuss Kishin as a PROBLEM doesn’t bode well for any of you expecting a fair and well implemented resolution. RIP Kishin, you were great to have while you were here.
    DarkPassengerArgentDarkZettaManiOhLyedenSlicedTime
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    This title... oof. And several of these comments.

By the title alone though, I hope none of you get surprised when Nexon does remove Kishin and gives you no replacement. No spawn rate boost, no decent nodes, nothing, because the only audible sound you masses are shouting to the heavens at Nexon is the thread title.

Yeah some of you tried to present alternatives, but it’s always after the fact. Always after the bombastic ‘Kishin is a problem’ or ‘Please remove kishin’. Arwoo going off to discuss Kishin as a PROBLEM doesn’t bode well for any of you expecting a fair and well implemented resolution. RIP Kishin, you were great to have while you were here.

Their minds are too young to understand the implications of the way they go about things.
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited September 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »
    "nexon should remove spawn boosters" sound better for me then "nexon should remove kishin"
    we are allready covered with lootbox ( $sink) systems,there is no need to make it worse
    kishin had ninja nerf "bug"
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16665/kishin-shoukan-spawn-count-increase-too-low/p1

if nexon ever decide remove frenzy and kish and bring normal back its fine
    maybe put spawn boost 2x together with 2xEXP/DROP event

ps: i wonder why allways kish its the "problem maker" why not start with "nexon should remove frenzy"?

they should remove both tho.
    ManiOhSlicedTime
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2018
    ps: i wonder why allways kish its the "problem maker" why not start with "nexon should remove frenzy"?

im pretty sure nexon is legally obliged to keep marvel items in the game from being removed (unless its duped), the only thing they could do is remove it from the machine/philo boxes.
  • LyedenLyeden
    edited September 2018
    pepe wrote: »

im pretty sure nexon is legally obliged to keep marvel items in the game from being removed (unless its duped), the only thing they could do is remove it from the machine/philo boxes.

or maybe if it wouldnt be that rare, or more achievable for most players it'd be okay.
    or just simply remove the monolyth skill from it, and replace with another. would be an easy solution, i guess.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018

They're not legally obligated to do anything. The ToS we all sign says our accounts belong to Nexon and they can do whatever they wish to them at any time.
    Just recently, they removed all Nebulites from the game, including those won from Marvel, Gachapon, and other cash sources.
    SlicedTime
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

They're not legally obligated to do anything. The ToS we all sign says our accounts belong to Nexon and they can do whatever they wish to them at any time.
    Just recently, they removed all Nebulites from the game, including those won from Marvel, Gachapon, and other cash sources.

You’re telling me they can straight up remove gambling rewards from paying customers? Yikes
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Yeah, and there's no "gaming laws" that would regulate when and how they do it. As long as they say theyre going to and provide the reasoning. It cant be challenged.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2018

You’re telling me they can straight up remove gambling rewards from paying customers? Yikes

IV. VIRTUAL CURRENCY AND VIRTUAL ITEMS

While using the Services, you may have the opportunity to visit online and in-game stores where you can obtain and use Nexon’s virtual currency and digital, in-game items (including early access to games still in production, as may be offered from time to time). Nexon also may make points available to you in connection with your use of the Services.

VIRTUAL CONTENTS, INCLUDING VIRTUAL CONTENTS EXCHANGED FOR PREPAID PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS, ARE REGARDED AS GOODS OR SERVICES, AND ARE NOT PREPAID PAYMENT INSTRUMENTS. Virtual currency and points have no “real-world” value but may be exchanged for in-game items. Items from such stores are not purchased by you, but rather are licensed to you under these Terms. REGARDLESS OF THE CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR VIRTUAL CURRENCY, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN THE ITEMS OBTAINED WITH VIRTUAL CURRENCY.

For more information refer to this link: https://www.nexon.com/main/en/legal/tou
    ManiOhLyeden
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited September 2018
    They could just remove the spawn time effect of kishin/totem and double or increase the max spawn count aspect of the skill... Areas like Haven and Arcane already have faster spawn rates than any of the other maps prior to becoming level 190, which make it harder to train new characters to get to those areas. The way I see it Kishin/Frenzy and any other skill-based service is a luxury that is also harmful to the economy. Experience is not retailable unless sold on the black market as your account information for someone else to bum off you when you decide not to play the game anymore after reaching the level cap.

So while demand for these services are high, all the in-game items are highly deflated to where people trying to make a living to afford such services are putting too much money into a meso sink where there's no money going back into the market. TL;DR people are putting too much supply into a little demand market because all the demand is placed on a service that can't be resold after that service has been issued i.e. Totem/Fire Starter, even MVP buffs. I'm excluding normal kishin service because from all these megaphone messages I see, it's rare that someone would buy kishin service over Frenzy Totem service. These people own the game because they're making more money than they could spend because of how rare these items are in the game because they are pay to gamble loot box items or require a 2nd computer or account.

I could pay 35mil to buy a frenzy cast that lasts, like what? 10 minutes? But that isn't going back into the economy, but rather into the hands of someone with 5 or more characters with max mesos in their inventory, who will only sell the mesos on the black market in an effort to gain back more than what they've lost trying to get these items in the first place.
  • ThatGuyZennyThatGuyZenny
    Reactions: 1,300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    This title already makes me sick, Remove kishin?! Kanna has already been nerfed beyond repair and now you wanna remove Kishin too?!, Ok sure lets take away Holy symbol too while we're at it, remove 2x exp cards from CS because those all are a 'Luxury' and not 'Everyone' in has access to it. Grow up already, Yes Kanna has more spawn with kishin but the thing you guys forget is, Kanna doesnt have the Clear or damage capacity to back it up. Just stop Ruining the class because you want that EZ 250. Kanna players already have it extremly hard, we need insane Funding to even come close to an Average player (My 3m Range Jett does 2x my 5m range Kanna's damage). Why does it Always have to be kishin tho? Why not remove frenzy? Frenzy is way better then kishin and is P2W, While Kanna players Struggle to keep up in the current game.

Long Story short, You CAN remove kishin but these things should happen too: Remove Frenzy, Remove Firestarter, Superbuff Kanna (i meant it, pre nerf Damage back plus more damage because pre nerf Kanna was already realy weak), Revamp Kishin to be a Turret Like skill that Deals high Damage
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited September 2018
    ). Why does it Always have to be kishin tho? Why not remove frenzy? Frenzy is way better then kishin and is P2W, While Kanna players Struggle to keep up in the current game.

they wont remove a big money winning item like frenzy
  • LyedenLyeden
    edited September 2018
    ). Why does it Always have to be kishin tho? Why not remove frenzy? Frenzy is way better then kishin and is P2W, While Kanna players Struggle to keep up in the current game.

even if it wouldnt get removed, it should be more achievable. because atm it costs about 1500b~ mesos i guess?
    and grinding a kanna and running a second pc takes pretty much time, and ofc another computer.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Lyeden wrote: »

even if it wouldnt get removed, it should be more achievable. because atm it costs about 1500b~ mesos i guess?
    and grinding a kanna and running a second pc takes pretty much time, and ofc another computer.

You can Always party up with a kanna, Yes party play is still a thing, people should be encouraged to play in a party but its nexon's fault for creating the meta we've been in for the longest time so i get you also want increased spawn for yourself, but if we gonna keep comparing classes illium basicaly has a instant full map clear in most maps, so did Lumi before they got nerfed (they probably were a bit too harst on Lumi tho), Bishop has a 70% exp buff, Demon avenger has 500k HP, Nightlord can Nuke bosses faster then Nexon can come up with another Kanna nerf (They very fast boi :D ), We souldnt compare classes, because if we keep doing that, noone will be able to enjoy this game, If you want Kishin so bad try maining a Kanna, but noone thinks to themselves why not main kanna? Because Kanna is a bad class with or without kishin Kanna will Always be lackluster in every other department.

Again long story short: Every class is good at a certain thing and if you are jealous of a certain class because of a certain skill, try playing that class (i also have been guilty of making this assumption before) And by playing i don't mean train it to140 or 200 for a legion mule, Full on main it
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018
    Lyeden wrote: »

You can Always party up with a kanna, Yes party play is still a thing, people should be encouraged to play in a party but its nexon's fault for creating the meta we've been in for the longest time so i get you also want increased spawn for yourself, but if we gonna keep comparing classes illium basicaly has a instant full map clear in most maps, so did Lumi before they got nerfed (they probably were a bit too harst on Lumi tho), Bishop has a 70% exp buff, Demon avenger has 500k HP, Nightlord can Nuke bosses faster then Nexon can come up with another Kanna nerf (They very fast boi :D ), We souldnt compare classes, because if we keep doing that, noone will be able to enjoy this game, If you want Kishin so bad try maining a Kanna, but noone thinks to themselves why not main kanna? Because Kanna is a bad class with or without kishin Kanna will Always be lackluster in every other department.

Again long story short: Every class is good at a certain thing and if you are jealous of a certain class because of a certain skill, try playing that class (i also have been guilty of making this assumption before) And by playing i don't mean train it to140 or 200 for a legion mule, Full on main it

So your solution to this toxic game meta is that everyone should switch to Kanna mains?
    Lyeden
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    if that's what you wanna make of it
    Lyeden
  • BakeBakerBakeBaker
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2018
    il like to point

i like to point out nexon never removed neb coupons from the game you know the one from black friday sales as a few of my friends still have em in their cs
    Lyeden
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited September 2018
    Maybe Nexon could increase spawn rate speed accordingly to the burning level, that way people train in different areas.

I kinda like this idea, would definitely give me an incentive to grind somewhere other than clp.

I don't think kish or frenzy should be removed or changed. I made it to 225 without either of them and at this point it's easy to afford service for a few hours every now and then, should i so desire. Personally I'd rather spend my hard-earned mesos on attempting to improve my equips. If you want to lvl a kish mule to 225 or higher or use real money to try and get a frenzy totem, that's your own choice. Nobody is forcing you to buy or sell service. Be patient and you'll get it done eventually, with or without service. Leave kish and frenzy in the game for people who want to make use of it.