[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Forum] Custom avatars - when?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    How time flies. The new forums are a month old already.

Lots of users, old and new. 807 of them have posted in the forums, as of this writing.
    52 avatars.
    Lots of duplicates.
    Makes it hard to keep track of who said what.

So... any estimate of when we'll get custom avatars?
    Now the forums are two months old.
    We've grown to 1783 posters.
    Still 52 avatars.
    See you next month.

So we had that mess with the hackers and the change from HTML to bbcode, so I didn't bump this in December, or January, or even February.

Now, we have 4432 people who have posted on the forums.
    243 who posted 25 times.
    And 61 people who have made over 100 posts each. Surely at least each of these active posters deserves a distinct avatar?
    Apparently not. Still only the same 52 to choose from.

Are we ever going to get custom avatars?

Yeah...I wanna use my cool Cygnus Avatar...
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I mean, I'd use Evan anyways but, at least there would be variety in the Evan pictures on the forum...
    JettLuvsU
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited March 2017
    Custom avatars are still on the way, and it's middle of the priority list to give you an idea. We're actually rolling out some additional adjustments to the current forum to improve the current WYSIWYG, so all of you can post a little easier after the reduction of the previous HTML. There's some other features we're working on as well.

If you would like to see some of the adjustments, they are already live on the LawBreakers and Vindictus forums, coming to MS soon.

On a personal note, I want custom avatars too so I can continue my longstanding tradition of using Purple Tentacle from Day of the Tentacle as my permanent everything icon.
    FennekinMegaScienceKeyan the Evan
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Thank you, @OneLetter , for responding.

If I may make a suggestion: it would be nice if the users would be polled on the priorities of the various features (that aren't related to security or to mod functions).

That will help us know what's on the way, voice our preferences, and maybe even object to features we think should not be implemented at all, before they are irreversibly dropped on us.
    We've learned to live with the game itself being that way, but there's no real reason for not letting the community have a say regarding cosmetic/QoL changes to our "home".
    MegaScience
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Happy Birthday, Official Maplestory Forum!

Yes, the "new" forums are a year old today. We've grown so much! From 807 people who posted in that first month, we're up to 6465 posters, of which 97 have made 100 or more posts.
    Still, however, only the same 52 predefined avatars. 53 if you included the "Banned User" avatar...

One thing has changed, though, now that I look at this thread. OneLetter, who said that "custom avatars are still on the way" six months ago, is no longer with Nexon. And perhaps it's fitting that, just as the forums couldn't let him have his Purple Tentacle avatar, they can't let him have a "Former Staff" role. He's been demoted to "VFM (training)".
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited September 2017
    This thread is indeed still relevant as we still do not have custom avatars.
    We'll make another fuss about this.

As for OneLetter, I'm not quite sure what happened there, but the appropriate changes will be made.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited February 2018
    Its been ages since we got the new forums, when are we getting custom avatars?
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited February 2018
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    please nexon i wantz my custom avat plox zoz soon~ish?~♪♫

omg the chibi part^

that is too cute... xD
    Lilyflower
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    Its been ages since we got the new forums, when are we getting custom avatars?

We don’t know yet unfortunately. Arwoo has hinted to be testing them as he said on official Discord but there hasn’t been much information since then.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    When Oh When , are we finally gonna get Custom Avatars ?!
    This was was posted on : October , 2016 , it's currently : March , 2018!

giphy.gif

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited March 2018
    Someday... Maybe someday.
  • BladeSoul69BladeSoul69
    Reactions: 630
    edited March 2018
    Its been a while for me, but why were they taken out in the first place? I remember it used to be different.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Its been a while for me, but why were they taken out in the first place? I remember it used to be different.

A year and a half ago we were moved from the "old forums", that were based on vBulletin, to these "new forums" based on Vanilla.
    We gained some functions the old forums didn't have (most notably, PMs), but we lost some functions (like custom avatars and advanced search) too.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    When are we getting custom avatars for this forum? I thought I read last year that it was being looked into, how long will the internal discussion take to allow us to have unique avatars?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    When are we getting custom avatars for this forum? I thought I read last year that it was being looked into, how long will the internal discussion take to allow us to have unique avatars?

Hmm, you're right, I should update that thread (and merge this one into it)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    So this thread is now two years (and a day!) old.
    There are 9487 members who posted on the forums.
    122 of them have made 100 or more posts.
    Still only 52 avatars to choose from.
    We didn't even get pictures of the new classes or bosses added, much less the ability to add our own custom pictures.
    Sad.
    Argent