[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.217 Sengoku Returns: Asura War Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited September 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I don't see any connection between population density and game addiction level, to be honest.

    I myself am a dedicated Mapler. Probably haven't missed more than a handful of days in the past decade. And I've always preferred low-population worlds. I'm perfectly content with MYBCKN as it is now.

    On the other hand, I see the members of my guild/alliance/buddy-list who only play during school breaks or just rarely in general, and several of them are very sad to log in and find the chat "dead" and their old friends offline. They quickly leave again, because the game by itself doesn't really hold their interest. They need people.

    And I know examples of the opposite, of course. A person's preference for solitude or crowds seems unrelated to how much time or money they put into the game.

    Arguably, the lower the population, the more real money one has to pay to create one's own gear, instead of buying it for meso (obtained by selling other things to other people), and the stronger one needs to be (to solo bosses, because a party is hard to find). Merging or allying worlds would enable more people to play casually, socialize, and trade, instead of do nothing but grind and pay. It would be healthier for players and for the game if all who crave the company of others could enjoy it. (As long as a small corner is left for those people who'd rather play alone).

    His argument is "I know people who spend too much time on the game, nexon shouldn't do anything to make the game more desirable. Nexon has no obligation to help people with their habits, its on them to change their debilitating habits.

    Should Riot stop attempting to improve league of legends? Because I am sure there is people that spend way too much time and money on that game? or how about console games that require a yearly subscription to play online? you pretty much have to pay, maplestory atleast has the option to be played for free.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Instinct9001, please stop derailing the thread.
    Your argument that "things need to be made worse, so people will save themselves and quit the game" could be applied to any suggestion (or, for that matter, bug report), but is not directly related to any of them, including this one.

    With all due respect I do not believe I am derailing this thread (aside from entertaining this response) and am mildly offended a couple of you are trying to chalk up my argument to some one-sentence black and white perspective after everything I have written, especially from a moderator, because Every post I've made on this thread has always been related back to the prospect of a merge. I've also praised casual playing in most of my rationales as well, so just considering that, it's obvious this argument cannot be applied to every single suggestion as you are suggesting. For example, The idea of having gollux equips being able to be purchased more than once is a good suggestion in my opinion, because it will inherently benefit casual players who maybe cannot afford one otherwise, and ultimately make them less expensive. By your logic, the people saying "we need a merge because the game needs to be improved" could also be applied to every suggestion on this forum.... Also, there were a few posters complaining about the lack of rationale in this thread

    I hope after rereading my previous posts, along with this further clarification, that you are able to see why my argument is a legitimate opinion on the matter of merging servers in GMS, and is also more thought out than most opinions presented in this thread.
    Going forward, I would appreciate reading more opinions on the topic of the merge as opposed to reading posts totally dismissing others opinions, that doesn't seem like good forum etiquette to me.

    Honestly you are arguing against me without reading my points.. Please don't try to chalk up my argument to anecdotes of people I know quitting, that is merely one small aspect to reinforce everything I said. I know Nexon has no obligation, and I have even said in a previous post my and Nexon's rationale for not merging worlds is likely different, but I still agree with their decision. Just because Nexon has no obligation to these people, does not mean I shouldn't bring up this issue.. I do not see a connection here. Are you trying to stay oblivious to how much this game can consume your life until the company running the game feels morally obligated to bring it up??? And right now there is no legal obligation for Nexon to help people with their habits, but that is just due to lack of regulation. This game can literally cause a mental health disorder, so in my opinion it is worth raising awareness to, and also relates back to my opinion on servers merging being a bad idea (please just read my previous posts for further elaboration before critiquing me).

    I do not know much about League of Legends, but I'm sure there are people wasting their lives there too. More importantly, what is your point bringing up that game?? Yes there are people with mental problems playing both games.... Does that mean we shouldn't focus on Maplestory? I do not see a connection to this point either.. Yes console games can be a problem as well. People playing video games excessively is a knew phenomena, playing games casually is as old as time, but what some of these players are doing with these games today has literally discovered a new type of disorder! The issues im talking about are big and multi faceted, maplestory only represents a small number of people affected by this disorder, yet I believe merging worlds would exasperate these issues. Of course, eventually, there should be a formal method of controlling gaming disorder on all platforms of videogames, but until some formal regulation occurs, we shouldn't rely on the moral altruism of businesses to think about your mental health in these situations.
  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited September 2018
    I believe I double posted, sorry.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited September 2018

    Honestly you are arguing against me without reading my points.. Please don't try to chalk up my argument to anecdotes of people I know quitting, that is merely one small aspect to reinforce everything I said. I know Nexon has no obligation, and I have even said in a previous post my and Nexon's rationale for not merging worlds is likely different, but I still agree with their decision. Just because Nexon has no obligation to these people, does not mean I shouldn't bring up this issue.. I do not see a connection here. Are you trying to stay oblivious to how much this game can consume your life until the company running the game feels morally obligated to bring it up??? And right now there is no legal obligation for Nexon to help people with their habits, but that is just due to lack of regulation.This game can literally cause a mental health disorder, so in my opinion it is worth raising awareness to, and also relates back to my opinion on servers merging being a bad idea (please just read my previous posts for further elaboration before critiquing me).

    I do not know much about League of Legends, but I'm sure there are people wasting their lives there too. More importantly, what is your point bringing up that game?? Yes there are people with mental problems playing both games.... Does that mean we shouldn't focus on Maplestory? I do not see a connection to this point either.. Yes console games can be a problem as well. People playing video games excessively is a knew phenomena, playing games casually is as old as time, but what some of these players are doing with these games today has literally discovered a new type of disorder! The issues im talking about are big and multi faceted, maplestory only represents a small number of people affected by this disorder, yet I believe merging worlds would exasperate these issues. Of course, eventually, there should be a formal method of controlling gaming disorder on all platforms of videogames, but until some formal regulation occurs, we shouldn't rely on the moral altruism of businesses to think about your mental health in these situations.

    Nexon has no legal obligation, nor should they ever to do what you suggest. There is no wrong in bringing up the situation, but to make a proposal to make the game worse so people may quit is rather counter intuitive to a company that develops games and be disadvantageous to players who are both casual or addicts.

    I brought up games like LoL and game consoles to show, that if your idea was applied across all other games (making games worse in hopes of making addicts quit) it would be undesirable for a great deal of people, regardless if they have unhealthy habits or not. Imagine if every game company withheld themselves from improving their games out of fear that addicts will play more, you would effectively reduce people's choices of quality games that they can play, or in this case, remove choices that can be made to better a particular game. I like to think most of us play a game because its fun, so why not make it fun as possible ?

    Im a casual player and do not wish to stay in khaini, and would like an alliance/merge. Im sure many feel as I do and its doubtful that most of us are spending thousands of dollars or all of our day or life to just play this game. Those people do exist, but it certainly does not justify not improving the game.
  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited September 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »

    Honestly you are arguing against me without reading my points.. Please don't try to chalk up my argument to anecdotes of people I know quitting, that is merely one small aspect to reinforce everything I said. I know Nexon has no obligation, and I have even said in a previous post my and Nexon's rationale for not merging worlds is likely different, but I still agree with their decision. Just because Nexon has no obligation to these people, does not mean I shouldn't bring up this issue.. I do not see a connection here. Are you trying to stay oblivious to how much this game can consume your life until the company running the game feels morally obligated to bring it up??? And right now there is no legal obligation for Nexon to help people with their habits, but that is just due to lack of regulation.This game can literally cause a mental health disorder, so in my opinion it is worth raising awareness to, and also relates back to my opinion on servers merging being a bad idea (please just read my previous posts for further elaboration before critiquing me).

    I do not know much about League of Legends, but I'm sure there are people wasting their lives there too. More importantly, what is your point bringing up that game?? Yes there are people with mental problems playing both games.... Does that mean we shouldn't focus on Maplestory? I do not see a connection to this point either.. Yes console games can be a problem as well. People playing video games excessively is a knew phenomena, playing games casually is as old as time, but what some of these players are doing with these games today has literally discovered a new type of disorder! The issues im talking about are big and multi faceted, maplestory only represents a small number of people affected by this disorder, yet I believe merging worlds would exasperate these issues. Of course, eventually, there should be a formal method of controlling gaming disorder on all platforms of videogames, but until some formal regulation occurs, we shouldn't rely on the moral altruism of businesses to think about your mental health in these situations.

    Nexon has no legal obligation, nor should they ever to do what you suggest. There is no wrong in bringing up the situation, but to make a proposal to make the game worse so people may quit is rather counter intuitive to a company that develops games and be disadvantageous to players who are both casual or addicts.

    I brought up games like LoL and game consoles to show, that if your idea was applied across all other games (making games worse in hopes of making addicts quit) it would be undesirable for a great deal of people, regardless if they have unhealthy habits or not. Imagine if every game company withheld themselves from improving their games out of fear that addicts will play more, you would effectively reduce people's choices of quality games that they can play, or in this case, remove choices that can be made to better a particular game. I like to think most of us play a game because its fun, so why not make it fun as possible ?

    Im a casual player and do not wish to stay in khaini, and would like an alliance/merge. Im sure many feel as I do and its doubtful that most of us are spending thousands of dollars or all of our day or life to just play this game. Those people do exist, but it certainly does not justify not improving the game.

    in regards to the first part about a company making a game worse being counter intuitive, that is why I clarified my and Nexons reasoning for not merging servers is likely different, however this is my opinion as to why I agree with their decision. Although Nexon seems bizarrely oblivious to this problem, I do not think they are deliberately compromising the population in order to help addicts, probably more like poor management.

    Of course I am for some sort of lawful regulation on kids or adults who video game excessively, but we are not there yet, so until then my unfortunate suggestion is that not fixing the population issue will deter whales from spending lots of money, while maintaining an adequate game for the casual players. I mean you said it yourself, you're a casual player yet you're still playing the game in its current state. I understand you might want more people to play with, but I do not think those wants outweigh the current consequences some players endure due to this unregulated market. Even if they waste their time and money at their own discretion, I understand there is a mental health element involved, and I do not expect gaming companies to tackle that issue, because like you said it is counter intuitive to their business model. If there was better regulation from a legal standpoint, this probably wouldn't be my opinion. But I do not have a suggestion on that front.

  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited September 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »

    Honestly you are arguing against me without reading my points.. Please don't try to chalk up my argument to anecdotes of people I know quitting, that is merely one small aspect to reinforce everything I said. I know Nexon has no obligation, and I have even said in a previous post my and Nexon's rationale for not merging worlds is likely different, but I still agree with their decision. Just because Nexon has no obligation to these people, does not mean I shouldn't bring up this issue.. I do not see a connection here. Are you trying to stay oblivious to how much this game can consume your life until the company running the game feels morally obligated to bring it up??? And right now there is no legal obligation for Nexon to help people with their habits, but that is just due to lack of regulation.This game can literally cause a mental health disorder, so in my opinion it is worth raising awareness to, and also relates back to my opinion on servers merging being a bad idea (please just read my previous posts for further elaboration before critiquing me).

    I do not know much about League of Legends, but I'm sure there are people wasting their lives there too. More importantly, what is your point bringing up that game?? Yes there are people with mental problems playing both games.... Does that mean we shouldn't focus on Maplestory? I do not see a connection to this point either.. Yes console games can be a problem as well. People playing video games excessively is a knew phenomena, playing games casually is as old as time, but what some of these players are doing with these games today has literally discovered a new type of disorder! The issues im talking about are big and multi faceted, maplestory only represents a small number of people affected by this disorder, yet I believe merging worlds would exasperate these issues. Of course, eventually, there should be a formal method of controlling gaming disorder on all platforms of videogames, but until some formal regulation occurs, we shouldn't rely on the moral altruism of businesses to think about your mental health in these situations.

    Nexon has no legal obligation, nor should they ever to do what you suggest. There is no wrong in bringing up the situation, but to make a proposal to make the game worse so people may quit is rather counter intuitive to a company that develops games and be disadvantageous to players who are both casual or addicts.

    I brought up games like LoL and game consoles to show, that if your idea was applied across all other games (making games worse in hopes of making addicts quit) it would be undesirable for a great deal of people, regardless if they have unhealthy habits or not. Imagine if every game company withheld themselves from improving their games out of fear that addicts will play more, you would effectively reduce people's choices of quality games that they can play, or in this case, remove choices that can be made to better a particular game. I like to think most of us play a game because its fun, so why not make it fun as possible ?

    Im a casual player and do not wish to stay in khaini, and would like an alliance/merge. Im sure many feel as I do and its doubtful that most of us are spending thousands of dollars or all of our day or life to just play this game. Those people do exist, but it certainly does not justify not improving the game.

    in regards to the first part about a company making a game worse being counter intuitive, that is why I clarified my and Nexons reasoning for not merging servers is likely different, however this is my opinion as to why I agree with their decision. Although Nexon seems bizarrely oblivious to this problem, I do not think they are deliberately compromising the population in order to help addicts, probably more like poor management.

    Of course I am for some sort of lawful regulation on kids or adults who video game excessively, but we are not there yet, so until then my unfortunate suggestion is that not fixing the population issue will deter whales from spending lots of money, while maintaining an adequate game for the casual players. I mean you said it yourself, you're a casual player yet you're still playing the game in its current state. I understand you might want more people to play with, but I do not think those wants outweigh the current consequences some players endure due to this unregulated market. Even if they waste their time and money at their own discretion, I understand there is a mental health element involved, and I do not expect gaming companies to tackle that issue, because like you said it is counter intuitive to their business model. If there was better regulation from a legal standpoint, this probably wouldn't be my opinion. But I do not have a suggestion on that front.

    Why do you think allowing a game to worsen is a legitimate option to tackling mental ilnes. Surely you think there is a way to address addict's behavior without removing the opportunity to make the game or any game for that matter fun?

    As for that kind of regulation that you mentioned on adults, that deserves an entire thread to itself
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited September 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I don't see any connection between population density and game addiction level, to be honest.

    I myself am a dedicated Mapler. Probably haven't missed more than a handful of days in the past decade. And I've always preferred low-population worlds. I'm perfectly content with MYBCKN as it is now.

    On the other hand, I see the members of my guild/alliance/buddy-list who only play during school breaks or just rarely in general, and several of them are very sad to log in and find the chat "dead" and their old friends offline. They quickly leave again, because the game by itself doesn't really hold their interest. They need people.

    And I know examples of the opposite, of course. A person's preference for solitude or crowds seems unrelated to how much time or money they put into the game.

    Arguably, the lower the population, the more real money one has to pay to create one's own gear, instead of buying it for meso (obtained by selling other things to other people), and the stronger one needs to be (to solo bosses, because a party is hard to find). Merging or allying worlds would enable more people to play casually, socialize, and trade, instead of do nothing but grind and pay. It would be healthier for players and for the game if all who crave the company of others could enjoy it. (As long as a small corner is left for those people who'd rather play alone).

    His argument is "I know people who spend too much time on the game, nexon shouldn't do anything to make the game more desirable. Nexon has no obligation to help people with their habits, its on them to change their debilitating habits.

    Should Riot stop attempting to improve league of legends? Because I am sure there is people that spend way too much time and money on that game? or how about console games that require a yearly subscription to play online? you pretty much have to pay, maplestory atleast has the option to be played for free.

    Yeah, I just heard that in KMS they got World Leap again, I think, I'll check it out now.
  • DUALGUNPRODUALGUNPRO
    Reactions: 435
    Posts: 8
    Member
    Im back 1 year after the Khain/Broa Merge and its still dead. Maybe someday im gonna back to play again if i see the example of KMS on GMS Servers and that is The Merge complete World to 1. That would be
  • poppinbubblezpoppinbubblez
    Reactions: 690
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited October 2018
    I simply wish to ask and forum admin to give us at least something, is there even a chance or possibility that the worlds get merge , yes i am aware that 14 of the 18 servers are ina world alliance but weirdly enough so many servers are still not populated and with the last leap event the 3 that were not merged seem to have come under some very intense change. bera is amazingly populated, while the other 2(windia, scania) are deserted, even the other servers that were merged together came under heavy fire and have suffered from great loss, i propose cutting the worlds down 2 a total of 5, reboot, bera, and 3 merge worlds 1 clean up the log in interface because 18 servers where there is actually 8 is a bit clunky and to give players a bit more ease, right now all they see is that there are a bunch of underpopulated worlds and they are stuck in one of them, however if given the visual that they are not longer ina dead server or world due to such a change would increase there will to play, the reason i said 5 is so that reboot can be itself bera can stay how it is and 2 of the 3 merge worlds can be that of the populated variety and 1 of the underpopulated variety for those lone wolf solo players that are out there and wish to stay in sucha world. Am i wrong to believe such and idea please let me know.
  • 26002600
    Reactions: 735
    Posts: 93
    Member
    edited October 2018
    @NicholasB So, I'm now a Nexon Employee again? Never even knew I was back on the payroll again.

    Server merge isn't a good thing to do, It's not going to make the game better it's going to bring more problems.
    But sadly there is a server merge coming and I'm gonna enjoy sitting back and saying, I TOLD YOU SO.
    But the denial is gonna be real.
  • Instinct9001Instinct9001
    Reactions: 545
    Posts: 21
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »

    Honestly you are arguing against me without reading my points.. Please don't try to chalk up my argument to anecdotes of people I know quitting, that is merely one small aspect to reinforce everything I said. I know Nexon has no obligation, and I have even said in a previous post my and Nexon's rationale for not merging worlds is likely different, but I still agree with their decision. Just because Nexon has no obligation to these people, does not mean I shouldn't bring up this issue.. I do not see a connection here. Are you trying to stay oblivious to how much this game can consume your life until the company running the game feels morally obligated to bring it up??? And right now there is no legal obligation for Nexon to help people with their habits, but that is just due to lack of regulation.This game can literally cause a mental health disorder, so in my opinion it is worth raising awareness to, and also relates back to my opinion on servers merging being a bad idea (please just read my previous posts for further elaboration before critiquing me).

    I do not know much about League of Legends, but I'm sure there are people wasting their lives there too. More importantly, what is your point bringing up that game?? Yes there are people with mental problems playing both games.... Does that mean we shouldn't focus on Maplestory? I do not see a connection to this point either.. Yes console games can be a problem as well. People playing video games excessively is a knew phenomena, playing games casually is as old as time, but what some of these players are doing with these games today has literally discovered a new type of disorder! The issues im talking about are big and multi faceted, maplestory only represents a small number of people affected by this disorder, yet I believe merging worlds would exasperate these issues. Of course, eventually, there should be a formal method of controlling gaming disorder on all platforms of videogames, but until some formal regulation occurs, we shouldn't rely on the moral altruism of businesses to think about your mental health in these situations.

    Nexon has no legal obligation, nor should they ever to do what you suggest. There is no wrong in bringing up the situation, but to make a proposal to make the game worse so people may quit is rather counter intuitive to a company that develops games and be disadvantageous to players who are both casual or addicts.

    I brought up games like LoL and game consoles to show, that if your idea was applied across all other games (making games worse in hopes of making addicts quit) it would be undesirable for a great deal of people, regardless if they have unhealthy habits or not. Imagine if every game company withheld themselves from improving their games out of fear that addicts will play more, you would effectively reduce people's choices of quality games that they can play, or in this case, remove choices that can be made to better a particular game. I like to think most of us play a game because its fun, so why not make it fun as possible ?

    Im a casual player and do not wish to stay in khaini, and would like an alliance/merge. Im sure many feel as I do and its doubtful that most of us are spending thousands of dollars or all of our day or life to just play this game. Those people do exist, but it certainly does not justify not improving the game.

    in regards to the first part about a company making a game worse being counter intuitive, that is why I clarified my and Nexons reasoning for not merging servers is likely different, however this is my opinion as to why I agree with their decision. Although Nexon seems bizarrely oblivious to this problem, I do not think they are deliberately compromising the population in order to help addicts, probably more like poor management.

    Of course I am for some sort of lawful regulation on kids or adults who video game excessively, but we are not there yet, so until then my unfortunate suggestion is that not fixing the population issue will deter whales from spending lots of money, while maintaining an adequate game for the casual players. I mean you said it yourself, you're a casual player yet you're still playing the game in its current state. I understand you might want more people to play with, but I do not think those wants outweigh the current consequences some players endure due to this unregulated market. Even if they waste their time and money at their own discretion, I understand there is a mental health element involved, and I do not expect gaming companies to tackle that issue, because like you said it is counter intuitive to their business model. If there was better regulation from a legal standpoint, this probably wouldn't be my opinion. But I do not have a suggestion on that front.

    Why do you think allowing a game to worsen is a legitimate option to tackling mental ilnes. Surely you think there is a way to address addict's behavior without removing the opportunity to make the game or any game for that matter fun?

    As for that kind of regulation that you mentioned on adults, that deserves an entire thread to itself

    I mean, I just answered your question in the previous post. In essence, worsening the game means there's an increased chance addicted players will stop gaming as much. It's an option because Nexon isn't concerned with mental health (except maybe from a PR point of view) so isn't going to take better measures to prevent excessive gaming that affects mental health. Also, its an alternative option because there is not legal way to regulate this problem yet. So unconventional ways of decreasing gameplay are considered, and the consequences of compromising the game doesn't seem to outweigh the potential hazards of mental health issues to me.So the option of allowing the game to worsen is considered because it is prioritizing players mental health interests over the video games popularity.

    I'm ok with you not agreeing with me. But that is why making the game worsen is an option in tackling mental illness. It is unconventional, but so is spending $1000's on a videogame you are addicted to, so maybe this issue is not within comprehension for some of the casual players just looking to make a quick suggestion. Just know this game is only surviving because there are a lot of maplers who meet the defining criteria for gaming disorder that are financially fueling this game. It begs the question, if we regulated mental health more effectively, could a game that thrives off disorderly videogaming still be viably profitable?

    **when I say 'allow the game to worsen' its based on the earlier assumption made that merging servers will worsen the game. Although I have to point out the subjective nature of 'better' and 'worse', as I would say a videogame without so many addicted players would be a better game in my books, so I don't want to definitively say not merging the servers would actually make the game worse, but rather probably a lot better.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,120
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Nexon is still seeing lots of money from these whales, fixing the 'visuals' of logging into your server, or seeing mass change in population aren't Nexons priority. They're thinking of just riding out the whale wave , which will probably last another 5ish years, then everyone will be in their late 20s-early 30s lol. No need for population change when you have delusional players handing Nexon their pay cheques trying to get a totem that makes the spawn rate of this game bearable lol
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited October 2018
    DUALGUNPRO wrote: »
    Im back 1 year after the Khain/Broa Merge and its still dead. Maybe someday im gonna back to play again if i see the example of KMS on GMS Servers and that is The Merge complete World to 1. That would be

    Let the merge begin.
    Trystarr wrote: »
    Nexon is still seeing lots of money from these whales, fixing the 'visuals' of logging into your server, or seeing mass change in population aren't Nexons priority. They're thinking of just riding out the whale wave , which will probably last another 5ish years, then everyone will be in their late 20s-early 30s lol. No need for population change when you have delusional players handing Nexon their pay cheques trying to get a totem that makes the spawn rate of this game bearable lol

    We need more honest people like you in here.
    2600 wrote: »
    @NicholasB So, I'm now a Nexon Employee again? Never even knew I was back on the payroll again.

    Server merge isn't a good thing to do, It's not going to make the game better it's going to bring more problems.
    But sadly there is a server merge coming and I'm gonna enjoy sitting back and saying, I TOLD YOU SO.
    But the denial is gonna be real.

    No, he's right.

    Merging is a great solution. why?

    Because right now, a lot of people, and I'm 1 of them, are suffering in their empty world.
    I haven't logged on MapleStory for a few months now, I really got nothing to do in my world (Scania), it's too empty...

    And I'm not planning on making a new character in Bera and just leave my character with 7mil range by himself in Scania...

    So basically, nobody merge worlds? fine by me, I just won't log on until they merge worlds.

    Merging worlds? me and many many more people will definitely log on in order to finally move our characters to the most populated world, Bera!
    MapleBishopFan85
  • GevyGevy
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited October 2018
    There are currenly 6 world alliances
    1.Scania
    2.Bera
    3.Broa - Khaini
    4.Windia
    5.Bellocan - Mardia - Kradia - Yellonde - Chaos - Nova
    6.Demethos - Galicia - El Nido - Zenith - Arcania - Renegades

    Maybe there could be a periodic change of reducing the 6 world alliances one by one, instead of going straight to 2-3.
    Basically take the 2 most dead alliances and merge them. Therefore if 5 alliances works well, then just leave it, if not then do the same formula again and server the 2 most dead alliances. This way there will always be a server with low population as mentioned before.

    Not every alliance should necessarily be full so players who prefer a low populations server have an option to play in them. But according to the current situation, 4-5 out of 6 world alliances are dead... It would be better if say only 1-2 alliances had a dead-low population but the majority should have medium-high populations.

    After each merge, eg. 6 worlds is reduced to 5 worlds. If the new merged server is no longer the lowest populated server, the affected servers should be given a choice to do a server leap in case they want to move to the lowest populated server.

    This method involves no server merges, and a more non-intrusive method of reducing the amount of realms.

    I just had a go at Maplestory 2 and to be honest, it's nothing compared to the unique gameplay in Maplestory 1.
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,120
    Posts: 61
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Gevy wrote: »
    There are currenly 6 world alliances
    1.Scania
    2.Bera
    3.Broa - Khaini
    4.Windia
    5.Bellocan - Mardia - Kradia - Yellonde - Chaos - Nova
    6.Demethos - Galicia - El Nido - Zenith - Arcania - Renegades

    Maybe there could be a periodic change of reducing the 6 world alliances one by one, instead of going straight to 2-3.
    Basically take the 2 most dead alliances and merge them. Therefore if 5 alliances works well, then just leave it, if not then do the same formula again and server the 2 most dead alliances. This way there will always be a server with low population as mentioned before.

    Not every alliance should necessarily be full so players who prefer a low populations server have an option to play in them. But according to the current situation, 4-5 out of 6 world alliances are dead... It would be better if say only 1-2 alliances had a dead-low population but the majority should have medium-high populations.

    After each merge, eg. 6 worlds is reduced to 5 worlds. If the new merged server is no longer the lowest populated server, the affected servers should be given a choice to do a server leap in case they want to move to the lowest populated server.

    This method involves no server merges, and a more non-intrusive method of reducing the amount of realms.

    I just had a go at Maplestory 2 and to be honest, it's nothing compared to the unique gameplay in Maplestory 1.

    That is pretty much what they have been doing. Last was Khaini and Broa to merge, and since then they've done server transfer events. It is visually obvious it would take more than 1 server reduction to make a difference, just look at Khroa as they are a testament to that (its dead). Not that I disagree it is a more non-intrusive method, it is just that Khroa happened like over 2 years ago... Nexon's track record on this is too inconsistent to effectively do what you're suggesting, and the problem has already been dragging out for years as it is.

    I hope they do something dramatic, but I better not have to pay to play in a decent server.

    Some people have suggested this and it seems unreasonable, as making people pay would imply this problem isn't integral to the gameplay (yet noone is in channel 1 henesys, I can never get a boss queue the way it was intended to function, the marketplace is a dump of dupes, and there is so little guilds in my server it is getting cliquey)

    In terms of suggestions, If you are going to make us pay to switch servers, it would be fun if we could benefit from said purchase besides experiencing a decent population (something you'd expect from a MMORPG) so to make the purchase more enticing, why not make one server (that you have to pay to enter for X amount of time) have an increased spawn/exp/ drop rate? So people in their home servers can pay like $10 +/- to enter a server for a month or so with all of those benefits. Naturally that server will be the most populated, but Nexon could lowkey implement a sort of membership fee to train effectively, yet does not improperly contextualize the purchase as simply 'buying into a more populated server". It would be like Maplestory's "hyperbolic time chamber". I'd honestly prefer paying Nexon $10/month to enter a server with a better spawn rate than pay somebody for frenzy totem service everytime I want to train. Aside from the population issue this frenzy-dependent spawn rate problem should be addressed and this suggestion effectively tackles both. definitely understand this idea is unconventional, but I am just really hoping you do not try to add a fee to this problem without adding any benefit besides population increase.
  • innncginnncg
    Reactions: 555
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited October 2018
    whether there is a world merging in the near future?
  • GevyGevy
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Trystarr wrote: »
    Gevy wrote: »
    There are currenly 6 world alliances
    1.Scania
    2.Bera
    3.Broa - Khaini
    4.Windia
    5.Bellocan - Mardia - Kradia - Yellonde - Chaos - Nova
    6.Demethos - Galicia - El Nido - Zenith - Arcania - Renegades

    Maybe there could be a periodic change of reducing the 6 world alliances one by one, instead of going straight to 2-3.
    Basically take the 2 most dead alliances and merge them. Therefore if 5 alliances works well, then just leave it, if not then do the same formula again and server the 2 most dead alliances. This way there will always be a server with low population as mentioned before.

    Not every alliance should necessarily be full so players who prefer a low populations server have an option to play in them. But according to the current situation, 4-5 out of 6 world alliances are dead... It would be better if say only 1-2 alliances had a dead-low population but the majority should have medium-high populations.

    After each merge, eg. 6 worlds is reduced to 5 worlds. If the new merged server is no longer the lowest populated server, the affected servers should be given a choice to do a server leap in case they want to move to the lowest populated server.

    This method involves no server merges, and a more non-intrusive method of reducing the amount of realms.

    I just had a go at Maplestory 2 and to be honest, it's nothing compared to the unique gameplay in Maplestory 1.

    That is pretty much what they have been doing. Last was Khaini and Broa to merge, and since then they've done server transfer events. It is visually obvious it would take more than 1 server reduction to make a difference, just look at Khroa as they are a testament to that (its dead). Not that I disagree it is a more non-intrusive method, it is just that Khroa happened like over 2 years ago... Nexon's track record on this is too inconsistent to effectively do what you're suggesting, and the problem has already been dragging out for years as it is.

    I hope they do something dramatic, but I better not have to pay to play in a decent server.

    Some people have suggested this and it seems unreasonable, as making people pay would imply this problem isn't integral to the gameplay (yet noone is in channel 1 henesys, I can never get a boss queue the way it was intended to function, the marketplace is a dump of dupes, and there is so little guilds in my server it is getting cliquey)

    In terms of suggestions, If you are going to make us pay to switch servers, it would be fun if we could benefit from said purchase besides experiencing a decent population (something you'd expect from a MMORPG) so to make the purchase more enticing, why not make one server (that you have to pay to enter for X amount of time) have an increased spawn/exp/ drop rate? So people in their home servers can pay like $10 +/- to enter a server for a month or so with all of those benefits. Naturally that server will be the most populated, but Nexon could lowkey implement a sort of membership fee to train effectively, yet does not improperly contextualize the purchase as simply 'buying into a more populated server". It would be like Maplestory's "hyperbolic time chamber". I'd honestly prefer paying Nexon $10/month to enter a server with a better spawn rate than pay somebody for frenzy totem service everytime I want to train. Aside from the population issue this frenzy-dependent spawn rate problem should be addressed and this suggestion effectively tackles both. definitely understand this idea is unconventional, but I am just really hoping you do not try to add a fee to this problem without adding any benefit besides population increase.

    To be honest, I would not pay to play Maplestory... Nexon already makes enough money from Korea. I would not pay for a game just so they can make it playable, they should already be able to do that from their end.
  • BanditUrpleBanditUrple
    Reactions: 605
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited October 2018
    
    
    
    Gevy wrote: »
    Trystarr wrote: »
    Gevy wrote: »
    There are currenly 6 world alliances
    1.Scania
    2.Bera
    3.Broa - Khaini
    4.Windia
    5.Bellocan - Mardia - Kradia - Yellonde - Chaos - Nova
    6.Demethos - Galicia - El Nido - Zenith - Arcania - Renegades

    Maybe there could be a periodic change of reducing the 6 world alliances one by one, instead of going straight to 2-3.
    Basically take the 2 most dead alliances and merge them. Therefore if 5 alliances works well, then just leave it, if not then do the same formula again and server the 2 most dead alliances. This way there will always be a server with low population as mentioned before.

    Not every alliance should necessarily be full so players who prefer a low populations server have an option to play in them. But according to the current situation, 4-5 out of 6 world alliances are dead... It would be better if say only 1-2 alliances had a dead-low population but the majority should have medium-high populations.

    After each merge, eg. 6 worlds is reduced to 5 worlds. If the new merged server is no longer the lowest populated server, the affected servers should be given a choice to do a server leap in case they want to move to the lowest populated server.

    This method involves no server merges, and a more non-intrusive method of reducing the amount of realms.

    I just had a go at Maplestory 2 and to be honest, it's nothing compared to the unique gameplay in Maplestory 1.

    That is pretty much what they have been doing. Last was Khaini and Broa to merge, and since then they've done server transfer events. It is visually obvious it would take more than 1 server reduction to make a difference, just look at Khroa as they are a testament to that (its dead). Not that I disagree it is a more non-intrusive method, it is just that Khroa happened like over 2 years ago... Nexon's track record on this is too inconsistent to effectively do what you're suggesting, and the problem has already been dragging out for years as it is.

    I hope they do something dramatic, but I better not have to pay to play in a decent server.

    Some people have suggested this and it seems unreasonable, as making people pay would imply this problem isn't integral to the gameplay (yet noone is in channel 1 henesys, I can never get a boss queue the way it was intended to function, the marketplace is a dump of dupes, and there is so little guilds in my server it is getting cliquey)

    In terms of suggestions, If you are going to make us pay to switch servers, it would be fun if we could benefit from said purchase besides experiencing a decent population (something you'd expect from a MMORPG) so to make the purchase more enticing, why not make one server (that you have to pay to enter for X amount of time) have an increased spawn/exp/ drop rate? So people in their home servers can pay like $10 +/- to enter a server for a month or so with all of those benefits. Naturally that server will be the most populated, but Nexon could lowkey implement a sort of membership fee to train effectively, yet does not improperly contextualize the purchase as simply 'buying into a more populated server". It would be like Maplestory's "hyperbolic time chamber". I'd honestly prefer paying Nexon $10/month to enter a server with a better spawn rate than pay somebody for frenzy totem service everytime I want to train. Aside from the population issue this frenzy-dependent spawn rate problem should be addressed and this suggestion effectively tackles both. definitely understand this idea is unconventional, but I am just really hoping you do not try to add a fee to this problem without adding any benefit besides population increase.

    To be honest, I would not pay to play Maplestory... Nexon already makes enough money from Korea. I would not pay for a game just so they can make it playable, they should already be able to do that from their end.

    That's why I don't think paying for a regular server switch would be unacceptable; Having to pay for accommodating the dying player fanbase seems absurd as charging your leftover fans a premium because other fans are leaving is bad pr, bad for retaining players, etc. Bc we expect a better population than the current one.

    But people are paying 350-700 Mill/hour to train with people with a frenzy totem. Which means although you aren't willing to pay for maple, there is a significant amount of ppl lvl 200+ who won't even train without buying frenzy service. By charging for a hyperbolic time chamber server where the spawn rate is increased and/or exp marginally increased, theyd effectively steal this lucrative market from frenzy totem owners, and would help the criticism they receive for making frenzy totems so rare they're going for $2k usd on black markets. And additionally they would get away with charging for a server change. Just an idea, could be a good one though. Aside from this idea paying for a server switch without any other incentive besides a better population will effectively lose me as a customer. I expect a better population than this, I also expect Nexon to handle the broken spawn rate situation eventually so this idea tackles both.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    You know how many times people use “lose me as a customer” bluff and it never works?
  • GevyGevy
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited October 2018
    You know how many times people use “lose me as a customer” bluff and it never works?

    Well the population has died down A LOT so...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Gevy wrote: »
    You know how many times people use “lose me as a customer” bluff and it never works?

    Well the population has died down A LOT so...

    There's no evidence to support the claim that that was the reason. Regardless, if it was the reason, it still didn't work since they quit and nothing changed.
This discussion has been closed.