[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why Adding 10 Channels Won't Solve The Problem?

Comments

  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Reboot does have less botters than normal servers because of that point he brought up. There's more of a market for meso sales than accounts.

    The thing that has been missed is reasons for botting, bots in reboot just bot for mesos and probably just transfer them to their main.

    A youtuber was banned last year I believe and he made a video admitting he used to bot for mesos because in his words " I'm not going to sit around farming."

    The bots in Reboot most likely are tied to active users while normal servers are just bots connected in a system of computers dedicated to botting mesos to sell.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Reboot does have less botters than normal servers because of that point he brought up. There's more of a market for meso sales than accounts.

    The thing that has been missed is reasons for botting, bots in reboot just bot for mesos and probably just transfer them to their main.

    A youtuber was banned last year I believe and he made a video admitting he used to bot for mesos because in his words " I'm not going to sit around farming."

    The bots in Reboot most likely are tied to active users while normal servers are just bots connected in a system of computers dedicated to botting mesos to sell.

    It doesn't matter.

    Nexon must take action against those botters and quickly.
    They've been doing nothing for over ten years now, but I guess later is better than never.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Reboot does have less botters than normal servers because of that point he brought up. There's more of a market for meso sales than accounts.

    The thing that has been missed is reasons for botting, bots in reboot just bot for mesos and probably just transfer them to their main.

    A youtuber was banned last year I believe and he made a video admitting he used to bot for mesos because in his words " I'm not going to sit around farming."

    The bots in Reboot most likely are tied to active users while normal servers are just bots connected in a system of computers dedicated to botting mesos to sell.

    It doesn't matter.

    Nexon must take action against those botters and quickly.
    They've been doing nothing for over ten years now, but I guess later is better than never.

    Why address me with that? I'm clarifying, not giving any input on it. You don't have to quote anyone whenever to want to comment on a thread you know
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 1,760
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Kweo wrote: »
    DFDFD wrote: »
    You can't sell mesos on Reboot, so there's a far smaller market for bots there.

    This isn't totally true. While you can't trade mesos around directly on reboot, people do trade or sell accounts with meso on them already. Value of reboot meso is probably about 4x less than the other non-bera servers, but because of meso% gears and higher server meso rates, they farm meso about 10x faster.

    You haven't really refuted my claim. I didn't say they had no market in Reboot, I said it was much smaller. You must agree with me that buying a new account with meso on it and starting over is far, far less attractive to most players than buying meso on your main account.

    anubis421 wrote: »

    Thanks, we need more honest people like you in here.

    Does that make me 'dishonest people'? Lol.
  • BanditUrpleBanditUrple
    Reactions: 605
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited October 2018
    I don't understand this logic? How are hackers going to control the new 10 channels? And if they do control channels, how is adding ten more making it worse? It's not like new channels will bring in new players or hackers.. so if anything the hackers in your server will now be disbursed among 30 different channels instead of 20, a 50% increase in space for hackers to go, making more maps accessible to you with less hackers.

    Also a pretty bold statement to say the biggest problem facing this game is hacking. There is a solid argument to be made that the hackers are the backbone to this game for alot of players without them realizing it. The heavy emphasis on pay to win as well as the dying community compromise much of the gameplay and frankly hackers have the potential to alleviate this problem. Not that I condone it, I just want to point out the irony. Hackers are supplying illegitimate 'nx services' where they commit some sort of fraud and get players abunch of nx for way cheaper than Nexon offers (ever catch those bots megaphoning this service?). They sell mesos for significantly cheaper than Nexon does through their meso sacks.

    Hackers also dupe items for scrolling, crafting and everything else which in turn accommodates the lack of these items due to the dying population. Less population means less people farming items, which means without hackers duping them and farming them, players wouldn't have access to alot of items they currently do (atleast not to this scale) and would end up paying a premium, and would simply not have access to many of them in some instances. By adding ten extra channels, the players still have all these options which Nexon is seemingly turning a blind eye to, and also have more maps to choose from that ultimately spreads out hackers thinner for the legit players convenience.

    Note I don't condone these illegitimate practices, just pointing them out. But really, you'd have to be pretty naive to not think all those stacks of clean slate scrolls in your dead servers market are just conveniently there in stacks of 100 that we're all farmed legitimately.

  • anubis421anubis421
    Reactions: 710
    Posts: 15
    Member
    edited November 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    Kweo wrote: »
    DFDFD wrote: »
    You can't sell mesos on Reboot, so there's a far smaller market for bots there.

    This isn't totally true. While you can't trade mesos around directly on reboot, people do trade or sell accounts with meso on them already. Value of reboot meso is probably about 4x less than the other non-bera servers, but because of meso% gears and higher server meso rates, they farm meso about 10x faster.

    You haven't really refuted my claim. I didn't say they had no market in Reboot, I said it was much smaller. You must agree with me that buying a new account with meso on it and starting over is far, far less attractive to most players than buying meso on your main account.

    anubis421 wrote: »

    Thanks, we need more honest people like you in here.

    Does that make me 'dishonest people'? Lol.

    I like realistic people. for example.
    We all understand that the majority in Bera are hackers/botters, and yet, there are actually a very few people in here who disagree with that fact.
    It's either they're living somewhere else, or they have no idea what they're talking about, or maybe they're just lying on purpose?
    I don't understand this logic? How are hackers going to control the new 10 channels? And if they do control channels, how is adding ten more making it worse? It's not like new channels will bring in new players or hackers.. so if anything the hackers in your server will now be disbursed among 30 different channels instead of 20, a 50% increase in space for hackers to go, making more maps accessible to you with less hackers.

    Also a pretty bold statement to say the biggest problem facing this game is hacking. There is a solid argument to be made that the hackers are the backbone to this game for alot of players without them realizing it. The heavy emphasis on pay to win as well as the dying community compromise much of the gameplay and frankly hackers have the potential to alleviate this problem. Not that I condone it, I just want to point out the irony. Hackers are supplying illegitimate 'nx services' where they commit some sort of fraud and get players abunch of nx for way cheaper than Nexon offers (ever catch those bots megaphoning this service?). They sell mesos for significantly cheaper than Nexon does through their meso sacks.

    Hackers also dupe items for scrolling, crafting and everything else which in turn accommodates the lack of these items due to the dying population. Less population means less people farming items, which means without hackers duping them and farming them, players wouldn't have access to alot of items they currently do (atleast not to this scale) and would end up paying a premium, and would simply not have access to many of them in some instances. By adding ten extra channels, the players still have all these options which Nexon is seemingly turning a blind eye to, and also have more maps to choose from that ultimately spreads out hackers thinner for the legit players convenience.

    Note I don't condone these illegitimate practices, just pointing them out. But really, you'd have to be pretty naive to not think all those stacks of clean slate scrolls in your dead servers market are just conveniently there in stacks of 100 that we're all farmed legitimately.

    You're right, but then now, Nexon won't even bother to get rid of them, why? because less trouble with hackers.
    That's the whole point, you give more channels, but then again, hackers won't disappear, they'd just divide into the new channels.
    It's like saying, let's add more 50 channels. legit players will see more and more free maps and they'd actually be able to train, but then again, have the hackers disappeared...? no...
  • BanditUrpleBanditUrple
    Reactions: 605
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited November 2018
    anubis421 wrote: »
    DFDFD wrote: »
    Kweo wrote: »
    DFDFD wrote: »
    You can't sell mesos on Reboot, so there's a far smaller market for bots there.

    This isn't totally true. While you can't trade mesos around directly on reboot, people do trade or sell accounts with meso on them already. Value of reboot meso is probably about 4x less than the other non-bera servers, but because of meso% gears and higher server meso rates, they farm meso about 10x faster.

    You haven't really refuted my claim. I didn't say they had no market in Reboot, I said it was much smaller. You must agree with me that buying a new account with meso on it and starting over is far, far less attractive to most players than buying meso on your main account.

    anubis421 wrote: »

    Thanks, we need more honest people like you in here.

    Does that make me 'dishonest people'? Lol.

    I like realistic people. for example.
    We all understand that the majority in Bera are hackers/botters, and yet, there are actually a very few people in here who disagree with that fact.
    It's either they're living somewhere else, or they have no idea what they're talking about, or maybe they're just lying on purpose?
    I don't understand this logic? How are hackers going to control the new 10 channels? And if they do control channels, how is adding ten more making it worse? It's not like new channels will bring in new players or hackers.. so if anything the hackers in your server will now be disbursed among 30 different channels instead of 20, a 50% increase in space for hackers to go, making more maps accessible to you with less hackers.

    Also a pretty bold statement to say the biggest problem facing this game is hacking. There is a solid argument to be made that the hackers are the backbone to this game for alot of players without them realizing it. The heavy emphasis on pay to win as well as the dying community compromise much of the gameplay and frankly hackers have the potential to alleviate this problem. Not that I condone it, I just want to point out the irony. Hackers are supplying illegitimate 'nx services' where they commit some sort of fraud and get players abunch of nx for way cheaper than Nexon offers (ever catch those bots megaphoning this service?). They sell mesos for significantly cheaper than Nexon does through their meso sacks.

    Hackers also dupe items for scrolling, crafting and everything else which in turn accommodates the lack of these items due to the dying population. Less population means less people farming items, which means without hackers duping them and farming them, players wouldn't have access to alot of items they currently do (atleast not to this scale) and would end up paying a premium, and would simply not have access to many of them in some instances. By adding ten extra channels, the players still have all these options which Nexon is seemingly turning a blind eye to, and also have more maps to choose from that ultimately spreads out hackers thinner for the legit players convenience.

    Note I don't condone these illegitimate practices, just pointing them out. But really, you'd have to be pretty naive to not think all those stacks of clean slate scrolls in your dead servers market are just conveniently there in stacks of 100 that we're all farmed legitimately.

    You're right, but then now, Nexon won't even bother to get rid of them, why? because less trouble with hackers.
    That's the whole point, you give more channels, but then again, hackers won't disappear, they'd just divide into the new channels.
    It's like saying, let's add more 50 channels. legit players will see more and more free maps and they'd actually be able to train, but then again, have the hackers disappeared...? no...

    In regards to your first reply, I think even if there are a lot of botters in bera, there is still way more active legitimate players in Bera than other non reboot servers. So the market is bigger relative to the other servers markets. The people who are 'living someplace else' are actually just in one of the many smaller servers, where bera is seen as a very populated server.

    And considering everything I said that you're replying to, I think a lot of players would ask the question, 'do we even want the hackers to disappear?' I mean if they're providing all these options that make the game more affordable and accommodate short quantities in the market(from over saturating markets with farming and duping to providing meso and nx services) the only direct conflict left is they take maps away from legitimate players. That problem is alleviated with more channels. So you really have to weigh out the benefits that hackers provide to a underpopulated and very expensive market (for end game gear) to the moral indignation you might feel toward people hacking in the same server you're playing in. Is a moral dilemma really maplestorys biggest problem right now?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 1,760
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited November 2018
    anubis421 wrote: »

    I like realistic people. for example.
    We all understand that the majority in Bera are hackers/botters, and yet, there are actually a very few people in here who disagree with that fact.
    It's either they're living somewhere else, or they have no idea what they're talking about, or maybe they're just lying on purpose?

    You gotta start making more sense. Literally no one in here said anything of that sort.
    What I said about Reboot specifically is fact, nobody there is competing with hackers for high demand maps. They are a non-factor.
    If you disagree, I'd be glad to hear some examples of such maps. Just don't call people liars because you don't share the same point of view as them.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 256
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Yes adding 10 more servers is one of the best update ever on Reboot. On the last 2x event, My guild had around 25 people online and farming happily. They can get some good map or the least some average map to farm. As far as i know, everyone in Reboot is happy with this 10 channels update. We were in dire need of channles coz before, all maps were almost full. Reboot server is super crowded. You meet players everywhere, anywhere.

    Before update, on 2x event, almost 90% of arcana maps is full leaving only worst map which is almost similar to good map without 2x event. But now everyone is happy with this. Good Job nexon :)

    Regarding hackers, i think that is a different issue. But yes, That is another homework for Nexon. I don't expect the game with no hacker at all as i think it is hard to do. But at least I hope 99% of players is legit. Because at the moment, from what i heard, even regular people can use the hack. Though i can't confirm if it is true or not. Just rumour.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 256
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    @banditpurple. Hackers s also one of the biggest problems. You are wrong saying that hacker is the back bone. They are the one who create inflation in the first place with so much mesos in the market. It makes prices so expensive and so farming mesos becomes harder. And it pushes several players to buy mesos using NX illegally. It is not the hacker become the backbone, but hackers are the one who create this problem of super expensive items in the market. by injecting a huge amount of mesos supply to the market which makes legit players can't afford to buy items from the mesos by farm legally. Of course the amount of mesos they farm legally can't compare to the amount of mesos hackers can get.

    In short, Hackers is the source of problem. They were the one who create this. If there is no hacker, item prices will slowly geting normal to the amount of normal mesos that players can farm. If Nexon able to do this, normal server will be crowded once again. But for now, the super expensive items pushesmost of the players to quit. This is one of the biggest homework for nexon if they want Normal server to be alive again.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited November 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    anubis421 wrote: »

    I like realistic people. for example.
    We all understand that the majority in Bera are hackers/botters, and yet, there are actually a very few people in here who disagree with that fact.
    It's either they're living somewhere else, or they have no idea what they're talking about, or maybe they're just lying on purpose?

    You gotta start making more sense. Literally no one in here said anything of that sort.
    What I said about Reboot specifically is fact, nobody there is competing with hackers for high demand maps. They are a non-factor.
    If you disagree, I'd be glad to hear some examples of such maps. Just don't call people liars because you don't share the same point of view as them.

    He's right though, I'm really getting tired of those annoying botters...