[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is everyone's Monster Collection at?

Comments

  • DangsterDangster
    Reactions: 1,350
    Posts: 13
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

    The official monster name is something like "[*]Official Knight A" or whatever, so technically I believe it does matter. This is more obvious when you look at the Kentaurus monsters, some of which are Star Struck, others are not.

    Apparently the official knights in the starforce maps has the same name as the ones that are in the normal maps, so I rather confirm which ones I should kill before wasting my time on them :|
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited April 2017
    Dangster wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »

    The official monster name is something like "[*]Official Knight A" or whatever, so technically I believe it does matter. This is more obvious when you look at the Kentaurus monsters, some of which are Star Struck, others are not.

    Apparently the official knights in the starforce maps has the same name as the ones that are in the normal maps, so I rather confirm which ones I should kill before wasting my time one them :|

    You refer to the name in the monster collection book, not the map. As what Neospector stated, a good example is the kentaurus line in Minar Forest. The mobs listed are:
    Black Kentaurus
    [*]Black Kentaurus
    [*]Red Kentaurus
    [*]Blue Kentaurus
    Kentaurus King

    This means you need the black, red and blue kents from the starforce maps but you also need the black kent from the normal map. Hope that helps.

    TL;DR If it has an asterisk before the mob name in the MC book, it's the starforce version.
  • DangsterDangster
    Reactions: 1,350
    Posts: 13
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »

    You refer to the name in the monster collection book, not the map. As what Neospector stated, a good example is the kentaurus line in Minar Forest. The mobs listed are:
    Black Kentaurus
    [*]Black Kentaurus
    [*]Red Kentaurus
    [*]Blue Kentaurus
    Kentaurus King

    This means you need the black, red and blue kents from the starforce maps but you also need the black kent from the normal map. Hope that helps.

    TL;DR If it has an asterisk before the mob name in the MC book, it's the starforce version.

    I knew this already. I'm saying that the official knights (both starforce monsters and normal ones) have the same names, but they are different monsters.

    The official knights in the starforce maps doesn't have the asterisk ([*]) before the names like the kentauruses in minar forest, which is confusing me.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Dangster wrote: »
    KerBansot wrote: »

    You refer to the name in the monster collection book, not the map. As what Neospector stated, a good example is the kentaurus line in Minar Forest. The mobs listed are:
    Black Kentaurus
    [*]Black Kentaurus
    [*]Red Kentaurus
    [*]Blue Kentaurus
    Kentaurus King

    This means you need the black, red and blue kents from the starforce maps but you also need the black kent from the normal map. Hope that helps.

    TL;DR If it has an asterisk before the mob name in the MC book, it's the starforce version.

    I knew this already. I'm saying that the official knights (both starforce monsters and normal ones) have the same names, but they are different monsters.

    The official knights in the starforce maps doesn't have the asterisk ([*]) before the names like the kentauruses in minar forest, which is confusing me.

    Ah sorry. Actually I didn't notice that. I'd lean towards the stars on the MC though when referencing it in this case. Normal mobs have 1 star, starforce ones have 2, elites 3, minibosses 4, and hard boses 5. So I suppose in this case I'd go for Official Knight C and D on star force maps. I'm not 100% certain though so take it w/ a grain of salt.

    What I'm 100% certain of is, this thread just went from 15 pages down to 8. Whut happened? O_O
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,735
    Posts: 6,220
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    What I'm 100% certain of is, this thread just went from 15 pages down to 8. Whut happened? O_O

    They set the forum to display 20 posts per page instead of 10.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I haven't done this content. How is it?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,040
    Posts: 831
    Member
    edited May 2017
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    Posts: 258
    Member
    edited October 2017
    With the new Prism event taking place, I figured I'd bring up this thread again. Everyone should work hard to add to their collection now!

    Also, a question. Those Monks in the first page of Grandis... Are those Angelic Buster/Kaiser exclusive enemies? I vaguely remember fighting them years ago and want to add them to my collection, but not sure how to go about doing that.
    Gory
  • MisterKrekelMisterKrekel
    Reactions: 1,240
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    Also, a question. Those Monks in the first page of Grandis... Are those Angelic Buster/Kaiser exclusive enemies? I vaguely remember fighting them years ago and want to add them to my collection, but not sure how to go about doing that.

    Yes, they are from the AB and Kaiser questlines, but you can still access the maps after you've done them.
    Gory
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    Posts: 118
    Member
    edited October 2017
    currently have 184 in my monster collection. The magnus set is the only 24 hour one i have complete and the Seal Master ancient mixed golem is the only elite i have. Still proud of it though. Most of the ones i got are easy to get 1 stars. Time to hit 200.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 271
    Member
    edited October 2017
    Only got 5 added during the 2x registration chance event. A clean 150 to go for the 5th slot. That blue-eyed gargoyle is making me cry. It just won't register.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    Posts: 258
    Member
    edited October 2017
    I only got like two or three new monsters added. For the life of me, I cannot get Solomon the Wise from Pink Bean. It's the last one I need for that line for a fourth 24-hour expedition. Didn't get those Monks I wanted from Grandis, either, because I have no idea where I could find them again.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    Posts: 337
    Member
    edited October 2017
    I gave up at 300-ish, though I did get 5 24hr sets to use if I ever go for 600.
    @Electrolled I disagree but that's cause I use a mech.
  • TheChosenJuanTheChosenJuan
    Reactions: 505
    Posts: 5
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I almost had all of em in Khaini but after the world leap i moved to Bera and it deleted everrything cri erytiem
  • MisterKrekelMisterKrekel
    Reactions: 1,240
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Finally made it!

    Collection_600_zpsw40aykpd.jpg
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    Posts: 258
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Finally made it!

    Collection_600_zpsw40aykpd.jpg

    Nice job! I wonder if you're the second person to make it to 600 now? What was you last addition?
  • MisterKrekelMisterKrekel
    Reactions: 1,240
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Geminia wrote: »
    Nice job! I wonder if you're the second person to make it to 600 now? What was you last addition?
    Thanks! No idea about other servers, but I know of one more person in Luna server that has 600 as well.
    And last one was chaseroid red!
  • ElusiveElusive
    Reactions: 400
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited March 2018
    going well :D

    Maple_180302_112738_zpsgb82lp8e.jpg


    Also, Did anyone add Rombot yet?
  • EstebanEsteban
    Reactions: 540
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited October 2018
    I haven't put much effort into Monster Collections after getting the Evil Eye and Kerning Subway three-hour exploration rows.


    My advice for beginners:

    The rows with Trifling boxes become one-hour exploration rows. An easy row for beginners is on the first page: Slime-Bubbling-Fairy-Royal Fairy in Victoria Island. Just take a ranged attacker to Chimney Tree in Ellinia. Portal up one side, shooting up the slimes on each platform, then jump down to the bottom. Repeat. I got each monster in Chimney Tree with a cannoneer in minutes.

    For better rewards, Adequate box rows become three-hour exploration rows. I grinded out the two easiest Adequate rows on Victoria Island with the four colors of Evil Eyes, and then when Maple Guide added Kerning City Subway at level 43, that location's row of Stirge-Jr. Wraith-Wraith-Shade. (My cannoneer went for the eyes right after the slimes and fairies, which had synergy with Fanzy's Training quest line at level 25.)

    Decent and Substantial box rows are a lot of effort. Most have a tagged elite monster, and any row with a tagged Elite will take a ridiculous amount of grinding. Don't expect to collect those after killing one elite with the right tags. Oh no, you'll probably have to kill many elites with the correct tags until one registers, along with many more elites with wrong tags. I've given up on completing any row with a tagged elite.


    Since I've yet to collect any harder rows than Adequate, I'm still sending my same eyes and ghosts on three-hour tours, to get me Reward Points and trait potions.

    However, eventually I intend to replace them with two elite-less Decent rows. I've set my sights on El Nath's Snowman-Werewolf-Lycanthrope-Riche and Mu Lung's Jar-Ginseng Jar-Bellflower Root-Sr. Bellflower Root-Gigantic Bellflower Root. (I hope the Silent Crusade portal version of Riche will count!)

  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    Posts: 132
    Member
    edited October 2018
    My score is 351.