[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I need a good list of Bosses to go after...

DeadlingDeadling
Reactions: 730
edited November 2018 in General Chat
I know Zakum, HT, Magnus, Von Leon and the World Tree. But there have to be others that I can do solo. My range is 236k-248k as an Ice/Lightning Mage, level 195, almost 196. I went through the game guides posted here, and didn't find what I was looking for.

Comments

• SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2018
    <---
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    The bean kicked my butt, lol. Already tried and failed. Got past the statues just fine. But then he smacked me down.

Maybe I'll check some guides for him after the statues. As in what to watch for. Chaos Zak just slaps me into the ground, lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    Damage reflect probably did you in. For the time being, I would suggest setting your damage numbers to cascade style, so they don't block the boss as much and you'll be able to see the skill animation easier. I've done pb on a xenon with less than 300k range and no link skills(or anything, really, since it was on a different server at the time), so it's entirely possible to do it, you just have to be mindful of things.

Also, the bird statue on the left uses damage reflect as well, but if you can hit it from the left side of the yellow gem on the base of the statue to the left of it, it won't use it.

For reference, when you see the purple skull above pb, stop attacking as soon as you see it because pb is one of the bosses where dr starts almost as soon as the animation does.
    bootlickerFuhreak
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    Couple of more bosses you could try with your range:

Ranmaru and madman ranmaru. They're located in the dead mines near zakum. Talk to the npc there to gain access. You should have no trouble with normal ranmaru. Madman might still be too hard, but you should be close. I heard from most people that 300k-ish range is good enough to defeat him (hard von leon and chaos HT also require 300k-ish iirc), but i could be underestimating that. I never fought them until I massively overpowered them. You can fight ranmaru 3 times a day. You can kill normal twice and madman once.

Normal Hilla. Access gained by using the dimensional portals in town and clicking on "the fight for Azwan". Range required for her is rather low so you should be able to handle her. Don't even think about attempting hard Hilla yet. I needed 2 mill clean range before i could solo hard. Both normal and hard have a chance to drop a pet box, though the chance on normal difficulty is very low.

Gollux. Gollux can be fought after doing a long and annoying questline, but it's worth it. You'll need to fight him if you want the superior gollux set without paying a fortune. After starting the questline from the lightbulb or your job list, use the dimensional portal in town to teleport to Crimsonheart Castle to continue the long and demotivating questline. For easy gollux you need about 50k range. Normal gollux requires about 150k-ish. For hard gollux i personally needed about 600k range but individual needs vary of course.
    Hellux (hell gollux) is a long way away, but you could ask guildies for carries.

OMNI-CLN. Can be found after doing the Omega Sector questline, though I'm not sure how much range is needed for him. He's pretty weak though, so it shouldn't be much. Not a very interesting boss though for drops, so most people tend to skip him. Only good for reward points.

Also, don't forget to kill prison guard Ani when you're going for Von Leon. He's right there and it's another easy 50 reward points.

I think that about covers it for now.
    At 500-600k clean range you'll stand a chance against normal magnus (though he'll still be hard). And at 700-800k you'll stand a chance against Easy Cygnus (at least that's how it was for me). So that's something to look forward to.

Hope this helped a bit. I never played your class so the range requirements i wrote could be wrong. I've only played Dual Blade myself.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    Tried Chaos Zakum for the first time on Monday. Level 200 character. Went splat without moving the health bar at all. XD
    Easy and Normal Zakum got killed before they did any damage to me.
    I sort of wish they had a few more difficulty levels for them, so you can practise on something easier, but not super easy.
    Or just have a practise mode where it does less damage but gives less/no rewards, and also doesn't have a limit.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    I think I did Easy Hilla, I can try Normal. Thanks for the suggestions on Bean also. I'll try that. I read the guide as far as the statues, lol. ADHD ftw. And raanges to shoot for help. I'm mainly a solo player, no guild.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    HousePet wrote: »
    Tried Chaos Zakum for the first time on Monday. Level 200 character. Went splat without moving the health bar at all. XD
    Easy and Normal Zakum got killed before they did any damage to me.
    I sort of wish they had a few more difficulty levels for them, so you can practise on something easier, but not super easy.
    Or just have a practise mode where it does less damage but gives less/no rewards, and also doesn't have a limit.

Yeah, chaos will whip your ass something fierce. I miss old czak, took me a few minutes compared to a few seconds.
    Deadling wrote: »
    I think I did Easy Hilla, I can try Normal. Thanks for the suggestions on Bean also. I'll try that. I read the guide as far as the statues, lol. ADHD ftw. And raanges to shoot for help. I'm mainly a solo player, no guild.

Okay slow your roll a sec. There's only normal and hard mode for hilla. You did normal mode. You would know if you did hard mode, trust me.

For the sake of keeping things simple, the two human-looking statues are named Solomon the Wise on the left and Rex the Wise on the right. The birds are Hugin on the left and Munin on the right. The angel statue in the middle, above pb itself, is Ariel. So from left to right as a whole you have Solomon, Hugin, Ariel, Munin, Rex. Keep that in mind for the next bit.

Now, you see those yellow orbs on the platform beneath each statue? If you stand just to the left of the orb under Solomon, you'll be able to hit Hugin without triggering damage reflect. That's all there is to it. Hope this is a little more clear.

For a better explanation of the intricacies, just go here
    Fuhreak
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    Oh that's what I mean when I say I read the guide as far as the statues. I made it past them no issues, lol. The flying little buggers are a pain, to hit mainly. But I had read how to get past those. I figured bean would be like any other. But I also think my picture quality was set lower, have since adjusted that. But the DR on Bean is what killed me pretty sure. Gonna try again later after I've done some more hunting on my Paladin.

And that's a very good guide. Makes me feel better I'm going up against him with an I/L mage.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    You shouldn't have a problem with the mini beans(those are the flying buggers) as a mage because, to my knowledge, they only use weapon cancel, not magic. The problem comes in, I suppose, because pb likes to crap out the mini beans and then drop dr right after.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    Well, managing to raise my cap pretty easily enhancing. I say easy, even though I swear Nexon has no idea what the odds are to fail so many times when my rate TO fail should be like 30%... Lucky in fails, not funny to me, lol. And it's showing on HT for sure. Those runs are getting faster. Hoping Magnus gets a bit faster, same for Leon. They're just HP crazy though.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    So I got about a 3rd of the way through Bean before I had to leave the fight because I had something to do, causing me to lose my chance for today. But that makes me feel confident I can do it.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    You can do it! The only threat in pb and cpb is the damage reflect really. Once you know exactly when to stop attacking, you'll be fine. Other than the reflect, pb and cpb are pretty much just damage checks.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    So I reattempted Bean and still lost. I kept getting skill locked every other second. Honestly couldn't use cure alls fast enough. And because of that I varely got to attack him. Is there any way around this? Buffs I can buy to help? So a run down, once I'm down with statues, I instantly go to freeze bean in place, then use that ice ball and my hyper skill lightning orb after I've buffed with infinity. Once he's free of that my skills are on auto lock as soon as I hit the button to use a cure all.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    That'd be that blue attack that also drops your hp/mp to 1. There's really nothing to do but keep chugging allcures, aside from buying a pet and an auto-allcure skill for it. Though all that would do is allow you to chug them faster.

Honestly it's not as bad as old chaos zakum used to be. I can't tell you the number of runs I lost because I would get seduced, walk into a corner, get hit by the 1/1* like three times(shade at the time, so passive 20% damage reduction) then get a flaming totem dropped on my face.

*1/1 is the commonly-used term for any ability a boss uses that drops your hp/mp to 1 or as close as possible when damage-reduction passives are present.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    I found the Pink Bean one really annoying.
    I didn't know the trick to stop the reflect statue using the damage reflect buff. (and of course my supposed buff removal ability didn't work here.)
    Ended up running out of time because of that.
    And the knock your life down to 1 attack? Very annoying. It felt like I was just pouring potions down a sink.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    I can afford pouring potions down a sink, lol. I don't remember getting sealed as often the time I had him down a 3rd of the way. Gonna keep enhancing, raising my atk and trying. This little.... is goin down.

EDIT: Just gonna edit this rather than spam this. Took down the Bean! Saving my Epic Adventure and Infinity buffs, freezing breath and lightning orb for one major attack is what made it pretty easy. Each one of those attacks was about a quarter of his total HP. I only managed the orb 3x, but just seemed so easy once I found my right pattern. Been enhancing, barely. But managed to up my attack quite a bit before taking him on again.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    Feels good to have finally beaten the Root Abyss quests! I had managed Von Bon easily enough, but when I moved knto Pierre he destroyed me. Those dropping hats. This time I was 5th job and more than ready. Ice breath, lightning wall, lightning orb, and finished off with a few chain lightning after that. Queen screwed me up simply because I wasn't sure what I was doing, went in blind. Didn't realize needed to click her a few times to make her truly spawn, so wasted my big attack early, lol. This caused me to die to her breath maybe 3 times waiting for the cooldown on my big skills. Working on inching towards the range needed to kill more.
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2018
    why does everyone forget about Arkarium, go get silent crusade done up till it makes you go to ToT then accept the ark pre-quests, normal ark can drop the Dom pendant and mechinator pendant, just be aware that he has a fairly large instant kill AOE, you need him to be in a corner and you in the other corner while he is doing it to dodge the effect of the attack (and if you dont feel like dodging it, bring a bishop friend and have them shell you it guards against his one shots)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    BoneWyrm wrote: »
    why does everyone forget about Arkarium, go get silent crusade done up till it makes you go to ToT then accept the ark pre-quests, normal ark can drop the Dom pendant and mechinator pendant, just be aware that he has a fairly large instant kill AOE, you need him to be in a corner and you in the other corner while he is doing it to dodge the effect of the attack (and if you dont feel like dodging it, bring a bishop friend and have them shell you it guards against his one shots)

You answered your own question, pretty much.
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    BoneWyrm wrote: »

You answered your own question, pretty much.

still tho he gives 2,500 GP if you are capping, helps out a lot when others need to cap and you have other bosses to fall back on, not like you cant bind him anyway