[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Return the Determination Ember

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Yeah, the title says it all. Most of the new farming methods are....ehhhhhhhhhh, bad.

If the Ember does come back, it may need a slight buff in amount of determination given due to the raised 50k cap. But case is...please bring back our Ember friend. It was convienient for those of us with not a ton of time on our hands.

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    The alliance missions give 10k per completion, and there's 3 per day. It's not as... quick and easy as the place an ember in a map and use frenzy method but. They definitely aren't bringing the embers back - the whole point of the ember was to 'ignite' the spark of determination, and now that the story has progressed it's no longer needed #maplelore.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2018
    Try out some of the current methods for obtaining determination.
    Are there some that are giving way too little determination for so much time/effort?
    About how long does it take you to cap out your daily determination, using which method?
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited November 2018
    Only the Moonbridge is worth the effort, Flares/Airplane are way too much effort for what its worth. You will get more determination hunting a 1 emob than to do like 5 runs of Flare.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Try out some of the current methods for obtaining determination.
    Are there some that are giving way too little determination for so much time/effort?
    About how long does it take you to cap out your daily determination, using which method?

The Supplies mission just downright doesn't feel like it gives nearly anything.
    Soot Glares are waaaaaay too rare.
    Stone drop rate for Flares is super low.
    Notes so far...
  • MedicMedic
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2018
    SERIOUSLY NEXON
    Why are we getting so much less determination than yesterday and yet have to do like 5x more work to get it. Do you really think we are going to spend like 8 hrs to collect it and not get anything else done. I really hope this is not how it is. Cause people are not happy.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    Moonbridge quests can either take very little or a lot of time, depending on which ones you get it seems. I have yet to come across any soot glares for example. Moonbridge can not outperform CLP in terms of exp gains, so I'm just sticking with saving the soldiers (which goes slow). Not wasting more time trying to find the soot glares. Are we meant to cap the 50k determination in a reasonable amount of time? It's only the first day so more data is needed, but so far it seems like getting 50k determination will take hours. Doesn't leave much time for other dailies.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Medic wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY NEXON
    Why are we getting so much less determination than yesterday and yet have to do like 5x more work to get it. Do you really think we are going to spend like 8 hrs to collect it and not get anything else done. I really hope this is not how it is. Cause people are not happy.

I'm happy with the way it is now. Seems easy enough to be able to complete one of the moonbridge quests quickly, that's already the 10k you were getting before.
    Then if you want to continue after that, you can potentially earn up to 5x on one character. I don't see the problem here.
    YinYangX
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY NEXON

I'm happy with the way it is now. Seems easy enough to be able to complete one of the moonbridge quests quickly, that's already the 10k you were getting before.
    Then if you want to continue after that, you can potentially earn up to 5x on one character. I don't see the problem here.

The problem is they're providing us quests to complete, but making them unreasonably long to complete. I spent an hour in Moonbridge yesterday on my Phantom and did not see Soot Glares at all throughout all 20 rooms across 2 whole channels. That is ridiculous to expect us to spend more than an hour on Moonbridge alone, let alone all the other dailies we have to complete in a day. Yesterday I tried to do the flare thing and it took almost the full 10 minutes to rescue the soldiers, whereas the embers of determination could almost always be done in 5-6 minutes (or earlier if you have kishin/frenzy).
    Argent
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    SERIOUSLY NEXON

The problem is they're providing us quests to complete, but making them unreasonably long to complete. I spent an hour in Moonbridge yesterday on my Phantom and did not see Soot Glares at all throughout all 20 rooms across 2 whole channels. That is ridiculous to expect us to spend more than an hour on Moonbridge alone, let alone all the other dailies we have to complete in a day. Yesterday I tried to do the flare thing and it took almost the full 10 minutes to rescue the soldiers, whereas the embers of determination could almost always be done in 5-6 minutes (or earlier if you have kishin/frenzy).

Yeah, Soot glares take at least an hour or more sometimes. Storm ones I can do in around half an hour, but Soot Glares and the Signals kinda suck with low spawn/drop rates. Ember is better for people who don't have all the time in the world to do these quests, like me with my flippin school and stuff.
    Argent
  • FUzz3DFUzz3D
    Reactions: 810
    edited November 2018
    i still didnt get them
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018

Maybe stop changing rooms so much? I've seen 2 sets of soot glares both yesterday and today (Still have 18 minutes left of EXP farmable for today.)
    Even completing one quest is the same as the ember thing. Sure you can complete more missions, but if the argument is that you can't earn as much as before, that's just silly.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2018
    The drop rate is very low finding a soot glare will be tough for us.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018

Maybe stop changing rooms so much? I've seen 2 sets of soot glares both yesterday and today (Still have 18 minutes left of EXP farmable for today.)
    Even completing one quest is the same as the ember thing. Sure you can complete more missions, but if the argument is that you can't earn as much as before, that's just silly.

I've not had your kind of luck it would seem Fuhreak, I got EXTREMELY lucky today with my Soot spawn at only half an hour instead of the usual hour-hour and a half+ and ultimately the argument is the farming is a lot HARDER for the amount of determination you get. The ember was relatively fast and not too hard to cap on, while Soots, and Storm spawns, even the stone drop rate for the Signals are low as the dirt (I generally get carried through the level 3 quest via Reboot Channel 1, thank you Reboot Channel 1 for carrying me through it)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    -snip-

That sounds bad. I haven't had that much trouble with it.
    The way I see it... Yes, the "grind method" is harder to obtain determination with, but the cap is increased and you have multiple ways to grab it now.
    So it sort of just balances out. We're talking about a possible 500 coins per day here, without accounting for the bonus.

I think the idea here isn't too look at it as "It's hard to cap" but rather "We can go past what previous cap was."
    The total number of coins possible per day combine with the duration of the shop, it's actually pretty nice to see most items easily obtainable.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    -snip-

That sounds bad. I haven't had that much trouble with it.
    The way I see it... Yes, the "grind method" is harder to obtain determination with, but the cap is increased and you have multiple ways to grab it now.
    So it sort of just balances out. We're talking about a possible 500 coins per day here, without accounting for the bonus.

I think the idea here isn't too look at it as "It's hard to cap" but rather "We can go past what previous cap was."
    The total number of coins possible per day combine with the duration of the shop, it's actually pretty nice to see most items easily obtainable.

The current ways aren't all that much though, its the three dailies (30k, takes generally 45 or more minutes) then the remaining 20k is either afk (Don't think you can get the full 20k in time though), do the flight mini game (which is suffering of itself) or save soldiers at 2k a pop, generally 8-10 minutes each, times that by 10 and you get another hour and a half of grind time (this is on no kishin since I don't have 24/7 access to it) That makes two hours minimum (Soots can take over an hour themselves though so this is a pretty rough calculation)
    Now imagine if you didn't do the dailies. That would put your time up...roughly 4-5 hours just to cap determination. Then there are people like me, capping on two characters (good method to save coins on your main and spend the secondary coins on ranks), that doubles either time, to either 4 hours or 8-10!

Things that could be changed to make it easier (not including Ember):
    -Lower Storm requirement from 1000 to like...400-500, that would take only two storms (three if your mobbing is bad) and a lot less time (Storm and Soots are almost tied in time they take to do)
    -Increase spawn rate for Soots/Storms, current estimated timers based on player experience that I asked in Moonbridge today say Soots spawn after every 3 storms, with each storm 7-10 minutes apart(We couldn't agree on an exact timing), making soot spawns supposedly 21-30 minutes apart.
    -Increase Determination gain from Soldier Saving. Help the people who want to grind it out without dailies a bit.
    Fuhreak
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited November 2018
    It's been discovered on reddit that the soldier's kills are what gives determination. This means don't kill mobs yourself and just jump/tp around freeing soldiers and letting it kill for you. I get about 5k per flare with no kishin and I 1-shot.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    ThatBaldy wrote: »
    It's been discovered on reddit that the soldier's kills are what gives determination. This means don't kill mobs yourself and just jump/tp around freeing soldiers and letting it kill for you. I get about 5k per flare with no kishin and I 1-shot.

I think the soldiers give it when you save them AND when they kill.
    There's also a light shining map effect that makes all mobs give determination for about 25 seconds.
    -snip-

This is about what I've seen. Each day took about 2 hours. It doesn't seem that bad at all.
    Though I haven't had any bad luck with the soot glare RNG.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    This is about what I've seen. Each day took about 2 hours. It doesn't seem that bad at all.

That's 2 hours ON TOP of all the other dailies you do every single day (up to 6 areas worth of Arcane Symbols, bosses, Monster Park, Commerci, crafting/dismantling, etc.). That is a LOT to expect from a person for a quest. And yes, not doing it means you're getting less coins, but who wants to not get the max coins they can to buy all the shop goodies ? And that's assuming you're not doing a coin mule to accrue coins for ranking up.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018

That's 2 hours ON TOP of all the other dailies you do every single day (up to 6 areas worth of Arcane Symbols, bosses, Monster Park, Commerci, crafting/dismantling, etc.). That is a LOT to expect from a person for a quest. And yes, not doing it means you're getting less coins, but who wants to not get the max coins they can to buy all the shop goodies ? And that's assuming you're not doing a coin mule to accrue coins for ranking up.

Won't argue there. When events are going on I tend to stop doing half my dailies, if not most/all of them.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018

Won't argue there. When events are going on I tend to stop doing half my dailies, if not most/all of them.

And thats why this thread exists...with the EMber I could do some of my dailies while doing det cap.