[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I need a good list of Bosses to go after...

Comments

• DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Already done with Arkarium. Yea the one shot hurts. I can do some massive damage pretty easily right away myself. But his screen crack hurts.
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2018
    Deadling wrote: »
    Already done with Arkarium. Yea the one shot hurts. I can do some massive damage pretty easily right away myself. But his screen crack hurts.

yeah the screen break is suppose to always kill and deal 999,999 damage guard skills will block it tho
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    Omg what did I do? I decided to take on Chaos HT. All was going to plan. Tail dead, legs dead, arms, wings, and middle head all dead. I was working on the right head. I'm assuming it was it's magic reflect. Is there a specific symbol for this? Before I realized I was dead, and because of the zombify my pots weren't doing much, lol. I need to know what to look for, I was so close. Only two heads left! ARGH!

EDIT: I'm reading the guide and I don't know what cast zombie on me? Doesn't say any part of him should cast that. Little skull with black flames around it. Not the one that makes you walk in reverse direction. This is the same symbol I get while doing PB.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    You either got hit with the damage reflect (blue symbol above his head) or you got hit with the attack that instantly reduces your hp and mp to 1 and then got hit by something else right after. It's unfortunate that you don't have extra lives in horntail.
    Not sure what casted zombify on you. It's been a long time since i fought horntail on equal footing.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    BoneWyrm wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    BoneWyrm wrote: »
    why does everyone forget about Arkarium, go get silent crusade done up till it makes you go to ToT then accept the ark pre-quests, normal ark can drop the Dom pendant and mechinator pendant, just be aware that he has a fairly large instant kill AOE, you need him to be in a corner and you in the other corner while he is doing it to dodge the effect of the attack (and if you dont feel like dodging it, bring a bishop friend and have them shell you it guards against his one shots)

You answered your own question, pretty much.

still tho he gives 2,500 GP if you are capping, helps out a lot when others need to cap and you have other bosses to fall back on, not like you cant bind him anyway

Easier to cap by doing full normal ra then one cht run with a full party.
    Deadling wrote: »
    Omg what did I do? I decided to take on Chaos HT. All was going to plan. Tail dead, legs dead, arms, wings, and middle head all dead. I was working on the right head. I'm assuming it was it's magic reflect. Is there a specific symbol for this? Before I realized I was dead, and because of the zombify my pots weren't doing much, lol. I need to know what to look for, I was so close. Only two heads left! ARGH!

EDIT: I'm reading the guide and I don't know what cast zombie on me? Doesn't say any part of him should cast that. Little skull with black flames around it. Not the one that makes you walk in reverse direction. This is the same symbol I get while doing PB.

Honestly, I was going to sit here and explain the damage reflect crap, but just watch this because it's actually fairly helpful. There are two different damage reflects, the left head(all orientations from player perspective from here on) uses physical reflect(w.att) and the right head uses magic reflect(m.att). This video shows you the animation preceding it and what the icon looks like.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    You either got hit with the damage reflect (blue symbol above his head) or you got hit with the attack that instantly reduces your hp and mp to 1 and then got hit by something else right after. It's unfortunate that you don't have extra lives in horntail.
    Not sure what casted zombify on you. It's been a long time since i fought horntail on equal footing.

I can't find what cast zombify, but zombify should just reduce your healing by 50% (unlike Crimson Queen's zombie status, which makes healing hurt you).

I think it's the legs or tail that use the 1/1 skill, I always eliminate those first.

In Chaos mode, the left head can reflect physical damage, the right head can reflect magical damage. You just have to watch out for the one appropriate for your class, otherwise you can go ham.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    zoutzakje wrote: »

I can't find what cast zombify, but zombify should just reduce your healing by 50% (unlike Crimson Queen's zombie status, which makes healing hurt you).

I think it's the legs or tail that use the 1/1 skill, I always eliminate those first.

In Chaos mode, the left head can reflect physical damage, the right head can reflect magical damage. You just have to watch out for the one appropriate for your class, otherwise you can go ham.

One(or both) of the arms seduces in chaos as well
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited November 2018
    Both arms seduce in chaos. They tend to die fast to chain lightning. I'm normally sort of hitting almost all body parts at once. Wall lightning, i can freeze him in place too. I had noticed it before, my hps dropping and I stopped attacking. Just didn't notice it. And my skills are hella flashy for an explorer, so I sometimes miss the fine details, haha.

And question about dmg reflect. If my minion, like my ice demon or thundercloud attack, does that reflect to me? Or does it consider the summon as the source? I don't use elquines or thundrrcloud during bean for instance, because I simply don't want to risk it.

Also took the time to do alcasters requests. The auction house prices of cure alls was insane, and people had paid it? I'll buy them in stacks of a 100 at 400 a piece thanks.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Most things, like summons or extra effects(ark's spell bullets) that you can't control will explicitly say that they're unaffected by damage reflect.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited December 2018
    Think I'm gonna try Magnus, normal. And getting close to where I think I "may" be able to try easy cygnus.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited December 2018
    I've yet been too scared to take on Cygnus, lol. N Von Leon was way too easy, so went for hard. A bit of a fight, that was enjoyable, and I won. Thinking about taking on chaos pb since his skills aren't too different. Morph skills sound horrifying, but whatever. It's all really just more hp right? Still sounds like dmg reflect is gonna be my major hangup.

And Normal Magnus still efs me up. That HP drain is insane! But got my new 5th job skill, so gonna see how this plays out.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    What server are you on anyway?
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited December 2018
    I play on Broa. I mainly see two guilds around the outpost and vanishing journey.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    That's right, you did say broa at some point before. Damn, I was gonna offer to help you through empress if you were on bera