[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pottable Badges

PregnantPregnant
Reactions: 330
in General Chat
When are they going to come back? Is there any plan to reintroduce ghost ship exorcist?

New players are at a HUGE disadvantage and there is even LESS incentive to main a new character now. If nexon ever releases a new class, GMS players will be less inclined to play it. Removing pottable badges ONLY hurts new players and DOESN'T HURT any of the players already capable of doing endgame content. It has literally 0 effect on reducing player power creep and making black mage(?) harder. Everyone on GMS who is going to be doing black mage already has the badge. Nexon you need to either remove all pottable badges or reintroduce them.

It is simply absurd that old players can have a 40% stat advantage and a 100 flat stat advantage over ANY new or returning players.
FuhreakKuronekonova

Comments

• PregnantPregnant
    edited December 2018
    Is there any valid reason not to release a pottable badge for new/returning players?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    You can still get a badge to potential from the Sengoku High event. Just give it some time and you can have one.
    Kuronekonova
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited December 2018
    Saying that it is a huge disadvantage is really exaggerating

Anyways there will a be chance to get one later on

Kuronekonova
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    wait, so ghost ship badges are no longer a thing?
    Kuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    wait, so ghost ship badges are no longer a thing?

Yep. The area that had the questline was removed some time ago.
    This gives a huge advantage to the players who completed that quest before the removal.
    IMO, if we're going to remove the area, we need to remove the equipment from it too.
    Of course this will probably make people even more upset after the loss of these maps, so Nexon might not do it from fear of backlash.
    The problem with that is, you get backlash anyway... The real solution would have been to remove the content before it became a major problem.

Hindsight is 20/20 though, so we just have to deal with this mess Nexon has left us in.
    Kuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    The sengoku badge is still a thing, you all realize. It's a recurring event.

Sure it's not as common as "you can literally do these quests and get this any hour of any day of the week", but it's disingenuous to talk like new players will forever be stuck with a crystal ventus badge.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    You can still get a badge to potential from the Sengoku High event. Just give it some time and you can have one.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Sure it's not as common as "you can literally do these quests and get this any hour of any day of the week", but it's disingenuous to talk like new players will forever be stuck with a crystal ventus badge.

Someone correct me if I have the wrong information, but isn't there a rumor that Sengoku/Red Leaf isn't going to happen again since it's a non-KMS content? (With the assumption GMS is changing into a cookie cutter version of KMS.)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

Someone correct me if I have the wrong information, but isn't there a rumor that Sengoku/Red Leaf isn't going to happen again since it's a non-KMS content? (With the assumption GMS is changing into a cookie cutter version of KMS.)

A rumor is just that. There are rumors of when miracle time is going to happen based on speculation and conjecture with when it last occurred and they're never right.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018

Saying that the Sekgoku Badge is still a thing doesn't mean the removal of Ghost Ship Badge isn't a huge disadvantage to players who create characters now vs in the past.
    The is just like you said, it's on-demand vs an event. Players had control over it in the past, now they just have to pray to Nexon gods.
    Personally I don't think it matters too much. Nexon should (imo) just remove both badges and be done with it.
  • PregnantPregnant
    edited December 2018
    Either everyone should be able to have a pottable badge, or no one should. Because of the nature of this game, doing huge nerfs like this to new players is even worse because it'll make people want to quit and not make new mains or new characters.
    Fuhreak
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2018
    While removing the GSE badge was a mistake I don't see how removing gear that I spent time getting and improving is 'fair.' If anything, bring back the GSE questline only.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited December 2018
    They could just make the Ventus Badge pottable...
    YinYangXFuhreakbootlickerPirateIzzy
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Saying that the Sekgoku Badge is still a thing doesn't mean the removal of Ghost Ship Badge isn't a huge disadvantage to players who create characters now vs in the past.
    The is just like you said, it's on-demand vs an event. Players had control over it in the past, now they just have to pray to Nexon gods.
    Personally I don't think it matters too much. Nexon should (imo) just remove both badges and be done with it.

If your going to say that the Ghost Ship Badge that was available for literally years (2013 or earlier), should be removed along with the current Sengoku then you may as well remove all old school equips that are no longer around. All old medals and other items that give old dedicated players an advantage. Why should players that have been on for years have an advantage? May as well wipe some of our old characters out while your at it, after all it is an unfair advantage that we have so many levels in our Legion. Okay enough of that sarcasm. =] The equips of today are the trash of tomorrow. This has been proven over and over as the game content changes and evolves. There may yet be new and better items brought forth in the future that make our current items look like NPC fodder. I'm sorry if the current selection of Badges leaves much to be desired. However Nexon has been known to shake things up every now and then. Items that were not tradable or potable in the past now are and others may become so in the future. Examples of this are vonleon 120 equips (at one time were stuck on a character), 130 equips(no trade after equip at first), Cursed Kaiserium (now can have pot). Things change and you never know when those Crystal Ventus Badges might get buffed or replaced with something much better! Part of being a new player is being NEW. New players have to work and earn in game items just like the old school players did. I really don't see them being at that much of a disadvantage considering the nothing we started with back in the day. Leveling was harder and most of the stuff currently in the game was only a far away thought in a Korean programmers head. We did not have Pendants, Rings, Badges, Medals, Titles, Eye or Face accessories!!! So stop complaining about one type of Badge that was taken out of the game, it will be replaced eventually. Nexon knows that people spend money on cubes, they will give us more stuff that needs cubes.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    -snip-

This is all true. The problem with the badges (imo) is there's nothing current that compares to them.
    Throw in a replacement that's at least somewhat comparable, then I'd be fine with the badge.

Buffing the badges in the first place (being able to pot Ventus...) is a good idea imo. Badge is a bit of a weird slot in KMS.
    Does it really do anything other than fill out another boss set equip? I mean, at least pocket items can be flamed.
    YinYangX
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    why not just bring the ghost ship badge back in a simple lightbulb quest? As in accept the quest and instantly receive the badge at lvl 150 or something. It's not like the original questline was that long and hard anyways.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2018
    Gonna copy paste something I wrote elsewhere:

The main reason they removed the GSE is because Mama Korea released a new BiS badge for KMS, dropped by the Black Mage. Problem is it doesn't have potential, so they figured there was no value toward getting it in GMS. What Nexon Korea SHOULD have done instead is to make that badge pottable (. Sure most people who fight the BM won't need a new badge, but it can be good for mules if anything.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Gonna copy paste something I wrote elsewhere:

The main reason they removed the GSE is because Mama Korea released a new BiS badge for KMS, dropped by the Black Mage. Problem is it doesn't have potential, so they figured there was no value toward getting it in GMS. What Nexon Korea SHOULD have done instead is to make that badge pottable (. Sure most people who fight the BM won't need a new badge, but it can be good for mules if anything.

I like using the KMS content over the GMS content. But there are a few things that I feel GMS does pretty well.
    Ghost Ship Badge being pottable is a good thing imo. (Stars maybe not...)
    GSB felt somewhat balanced (again, just remove the starforce). Unlike a lot of other GMS content.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited December 2018
    I don't think having the GSE badge being given at 150 is a bad idea. Think about how Emblems started out. The first good ones were only for Explorers after a long quest line and every other class had to fight for a lesser one. Today every other class is just handed one at the correct levels and the Explorers still have to do the stupid long quest line lol.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I don't think having the GSE badge being given at 150 is a bad idea. Think about how Emblems started out. The first good ones were only for Explorers after a long quest line and every other class had to fight for a lesser one. Today every other class is just handed one at the correct levels and the Explorers still have to do the stupid long quest line lol.

The questline is nice. I like the story. Placing the emblem behind it with no skip option... RIP Mules.
  • PregnantPregnant
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

If your going to say that the Ghost Ship Badge that was available for literally years (2013 or earlier), should be removed along with the current Sengoku then you may as well remove all old school equips that are no longer around. All old medals and other items that give old dedicated players an advantage. Why should players that have been on for years have an advantage? May as well wipe some of our old characters out while your at it, after all it is an unfair advantage that we have so many levels in our Legion. Okay enough of that sarcasm. =] The equips of today are the trash of tomorrow. This has been proven over and over as the game content changes and evolves. There may yet be new and better items brought forth in the future that make our current items look like NPC fodder. I'm sorry if the current selection of Badges leaves much to be desired. However Nexon has been known to shake things up every now and then. Items that were not tradable or potable in the past now are and others may become so in the future. Examples of this are vonleon 120 equips (at one time were stuck on a character), 130 equips(no trade after equip at first), Cursed Kaiserium (now can have pot). Things change and you never know when those Crystal Ventus Badges might get buffed or replaced with something much better! Part of being a new player is being NEW. New players have to work and earn in game items just like the old school players did. I really don't see them being at that much of a disadvantage considering the nothing we started with back in the day. Leveling was harder and most of the stuff currently in the game was only a far away thought in a Korean programmers head. We did not have Pendants, Rings, Badges, Medals, Titles, Eye or Face accessories!!! So stop complaining about one type of Badge that was taken out of the game, it will be replaced eventually. Nexon knows that people spend money on cubes, they will give us more stuff that needs cubes.

The problem is that other old equips and medals DONT GIVE A POTENTIAL 40% STAT AND 150 FLAT STAT INCREASE. This is a HUGE loss unlike medals/old equips which were just like 10 watk higher than currently obtainable medals.