[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A question about grinding profession materials

EXdestEXdest
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Does any of you know why heartstone, gold flower, mysterious herb/vein do not drop level 1-4 materials?

(minerals: bronze, silver, steel, adamantium, orihalcon, opal, amethyst, sapphire)
(herbs: marjoram, lavender, rosemary, mandarin)
(powders: blue and brown)

Comments

• scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    Given the lower grade materials can be easily farmed at Ardentmill, they were removed in exchange for more including more precious resources including cubes, fragments, blades, and flames.
    Fuhreak
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited December 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Given the lower grade materials can be easily farmed at Ardentmill, they were removed in exchange for more including more precious resources including cubes, fragments, blades, and flames.

However, it requires fatigue point and drops 1 ore per dig. You say that "in exchange for more precious resources", but I think this really has nothing to do it. Why dont they just drop all stuff?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    EXdest wrote: »
    However, it requires fatigue point and drops 1 ore per dig. You say that "in exchange for more precious resources", but I think this really has nothing to do it. Why dont they just drop all stuff?

Because reactors drop a specific amount of items (unaffected by drop rate). A larger item pool means a more likely chance for an item slot to be taken up by a lower-level item, rather than a rarer, more powerful item.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited January 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Because reactors drop a specific amount of items (unaffected by drop rate). A larger item pool means a more likely chance for an item slot to be taken up by a lower-level item, rather than a rarer, more powerful item.

You keep saying rare materials but that doesn't necessarily mean they value more. Silvers and opals are more expensive than other minerals(even black crystals). You know 1-4 materials are more rarer since they dont drop from heartstone, gold flower, mysterious herb/vein especially when heartstones and gold flowers drop crafted ones.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited January 2019
    If you want to farm silver and opal then you have the mineral patch in Ardentmill. If I'm mining heartstones and gold flowers, I'm specifically looking for the rarer materials. Why is this even an issue.
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited January 2019
    If you want to farm silver and opal then you have the mineral patch in Ardentmill. If I'm mining heartstones and gold flowers, I'm specifically looking for the rarer materials. Why is this even an issue.

You think I opened this up just to ask how to mine and dig? I know many ways to obtain them. I am simply asking why the way it is because it is incomprehensible in my sense. Like I said earlier, I spend a lot of time digging and mining since it matters to me. Also, the rarity of materials in-game is not equivalent to the rarity of materials for players. Obviously opal and silver are more demanding than other minerals such as mithril, topaz, and emerald for better use, but the number in market is less than others inspite of its high demand. And I believe the reason for that is what I wrote above.

So, moderators said that "more including more precious resources including cubes, fragments, blades, and flames because reactors drop a specific amount of items. A larger item pool means a more likely chance for an item slot to be taken up by a lower-level item, rather than a rarer, more powerful item." If this is the true reason behind it, why can't they just remove all except the ones with high demand? Mithril, topaz, and emerald are probably the least demanding stuff out of all minerals, so let's remove them from the drops shall we? -.-

Idk why people like you always ask "why is this even an issue". It's not even like someone talks about blizzard game in maplestory forum. If you find no interest in this thread, leave and stop being an ****. There's no problem asking questions like this in [general discussion].
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2019
    Just a guess of what the developers were thinking
    Back then, Ardentmill only had the mine/herb garden for up to Brown vein/herb, the rest you would have to gather once per map in hunting zones, so they put those ore into heart stones and gold flower since they were more time consuming to get.
    But over many revamp to profession and even now, they felt there was no need to add lower level ore/herb even though they made the higher level ore/herb more easily farmable, unless they are not adding it the drop table on purpose to force people to mine/dig for them just for the sake of immersion (they removed ore/herb/equipment drop from evolution lab just to force people to mine/dig for them).
  • EXdestEXdest
    edited January 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Just a guess of what the developers were thinking
    Back then, Ardentmill only had the mine/herb garden for up to Brown vein/herb, the rest you would have to gather once per map in hunting zones, so they put those ore into heart stones and gold flower since they were more time consuming to get.
    But over many revamp to profession and even now, they felt there was no need to add lower level ore/herb even though they made the higher level ore/herb more easily farmable, unless they are not adding it the drop table on purpose to force people to mine/dig for them just for the sake of immersion (they removed ore/herb/equipment drop from evolution lab just to force people to mine/dig for them).

That makes sense. Entering Ardentmil fields to mine and dig back then costed us meso if I am remembering correctly. Now if that is the case, heartstone, gold flower, mysterious herb/vein also need changes to drop 1-4 level stuffs.