[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.222 16th Anniversary: Hotel Maple Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Discussion: "Both" Tab in Rankings

Comments

  • DetrivanceDetrivance
    Reactions: 2,105
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited January 2019
    In my opinion, the rankings should be split up like they are on the Korean version . Although still Maplestory, they are two entirely different games playstyle and server rule wise!

    Rankings in my eyes, and for many others, are seen for those who want to compete in the game. Yes, there are a lot of casual players that play Maplestory but for those who want to go hard and compete this is practically the only way other than the dojo rankings but even then that per world and classes not the game as a whole. When reboot first came out it was a semi-debate/issue of reboot being mixed in with the rankings of regular servers but to some, it was not seen as much of an issue since 250 was already a thing way before reboot came out. However, now that 275 is a thing it is a big debate now because reboot has such a higher multiplier than normal servers (I think its somewhere around 2.7x exp compared to regular servers). On top of this people in regular servers who are trying to fight for rankings are not able to use exp cash coupons that they either wanted to buy or use from their marvel machine. If people were able to use the cash shop exp multipliers it could possibly be a fair ranking fight but since we cannot it is nowhere near fair! I have no problem with reboot since I have played it in the past but in this current case, it is comparing apples to oranges.

    I know a few people will try to argue that players in non-reboot worlds have access to things such as Frenzy, Firestarter, or Ring of Torment but these are items that only the top 1% of player have access to. Most players would either have to do the same struggles as reboot by making and funding their own kanna mule, or for those who might have a little more meso buy service for frenzy or firestarter. So it's not entirely accurate to compare the entire world of reboot to people in normal servers who do have access to these exclusive items when most of their populations do not.

    As of today's ranking updates (Jan 28, 2019) Reboot servers have 14 people at 255 who can now access Limina compared to regular servers only having one! Not to mention the top person on reboot is 50% of the way to 260! It has been 5 days and Reboot is already a quarter of the way to 275 total exp wise. At this current rate, it feels like they would probably be hitting 275 by the end of February where regular servers it would be probably closer to April. By this time the rankings would probably already have top 5 and possibly even top 10 players who have hit 275, more than likely being reboot players.


    Side note: I also feel like it would be nice add the option to view specific ranks for the adventures. Example being if someone plays an adventurer warrior they should be able to see the rankings for hero, paladin and dark knight individually.
    ZomgNitHHG1
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    Reactions: 550
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Detrivance wrote: »
    In my opinion, the rankings should be split up like they are on the Korean version . Although still Maplestory, they are two entirely different games playstyle and server rule wise!

    Rankings in my eyes, and for many others, are seen for those who want to compete in the game. Yes, there are a lot of casual players that play Maplestory but for those who want to go hard and compete this is practically the only way other than the dojo rankings but even then that per world and classes not the game as a whole. When reboot first came out it was a semi-debate/issue of reboot being mixed in with the rankings of regular servers but to some, it was not seen as much of an issue since 250 was already a thing way before reboot came out. However, now that 275 is a thing it is a big debate now because reboot has such a higher multiplier than normal servers (I think its somewhere around 2.7x exp compared to regular servers). On top of this people in regular servers who are trying to fight for rankings are not able to use exp cash coupons that they either wanted to buy or use from their marvel machine. If people were able to use the cash shop exp multipliers it could possibly be a fair ranking fight but since we cannot it is nowhere near fair! I have no problem with reboot since I have played it in the past but in this current case, it is comparing apples to oranges.

    I know a few people will try to argue that players in non-reboot worlds have access to things such as Frenzy, Firestarter, or Ring of Torment but these are items that only the top 1% of player have access to. Most players would either have to do the same struggles as reboot by making and funding their own kanna mule, or for those who might have a little more meso buy service for frenzy or firestarter. So it's not entirely accurate to compare the entire world of reboot to people in normal servers who do have access to these exclusive items when most of their populations do not.

    As of today's ranking updates (Jan 28, 2019) Reboot servers have 14 people at 255 who can now access Limina compared to regular servers only having one! Not to mention the top person on reboot is 50% of the way to 260! It has been 5 days and Reboot is already a quarter of the way to 275 total exp wise. At this current rate, it feels like they would probably be hitting 275 by the end of February where regular servers it would be probably closer to April. By this time the rankings would probably already have top 5 and possibly even top 10 players who have hit 275, more than likely being reboot players.


    Side note: I also feel like it would be nice add the option to view specific ranks for the adventures. Example being if someone plays an adventurer warrior they should be able to see the rankings for hero, paladin and dark knight individually.

    I find it Ironic that all of a sudden people are complaining about the state of the rankings and making it an issue whereas when reboot got released, the issue wasn't that big. There are other issues that has an higher priority right now than worrying about the rankings. Removing the "Both" tab wont change the fact that reboot players will still level faster and have the potential to be first server to hit Lv. 275. I suggest that they change the whole ranking system to the KMS ranking system or just leave it as it is.
    FuhreakWONDERGUY
  • ZomgNitZomgNit
    Reactions: 1,266
    Posts: 19
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Well... Regular Servers also have their own advantages like, having Frenzy Totems, Good Gear and many others because they can pay to win the game whilst in Reboot, players need to farm for hours/days/weeks/months to even progress.

    This race thing is actually quite interesting.

    The difference between Frenzy and Kishin is very small, despite what most people think, and "Good Gear" doesn't really matter for grinding. Most classes can 1 shot later game mobs with mid-level funding in either servers. Reboot also gets a free 125%+ damage due to your level to make up for the lack of bpots and scrolling (it doesn't make up for it entirely obviously but you can still easily obtain enough damage to mob well in Reboot on the majority of classes).
    I find it Ironic that all of a sudden people are complaining about the state of the rankings and making it an issue whereas when reboot got released, the issue wasn't that big.

    It isn't all of a sudden, people have wanted split rankings for a long time. In fact for over a year after Reboot's release we didn't even have the option to separate them, that only happened after enough people complained about the state of the rankings.
    There are other issues that has an higher priority right now than worrying about the rankings.

    I've already addressed this several times in this thread, but Nexon can fix multiple things at once. Just because they're taking feedback on the rankings doesn't mean they've stopped fixing bugs or banning bots. The teams that do these things are different and there is absolutely no effect on those other issues as a result of them addressing the rankings.

    Not to mention we've gotten like 5 Maple Memo's in the last 2 months specifically addressing those "other issues" repeatedly, this is the first and only time they've addressed the rankings issue at all.
    Deleting the "Both" tab wont change the fact that reboot players will still level faster and have the potential to be first server to hit Lv. 275.

    Obviously, nobody's saying it would. We're just saying we should have fully separated rankings precisely because of the difference in progression, not so that we can "beat Reboot". Everyone in this thread has already argued (rightly so) that we CANT beat Reboot.
    I suggust that they change the whole ranking system to the KMS ranking system or just leave it as it is.

    I would love KMS's ranking system but that would take more development time and resources from Nexon, and I don't know what they're willing to dedicate to this. I also don't know if the KMS system is compatible with our GMS site.

    Also, if you're so worried about "other issues" getting ignored because of this, or you don't think the "Both" rankings are an issue, why would you want them to give us KMS's rankings? That would not only take more development (which you've argued would limit the progress on other issues, even though it wouldn't) and would also result in the removal of a combined ranking?
    HHG1Sam016
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    Reactions: 550
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited January 2019
    ZomgNit
    Also, if you're so worried about "other issues" getting ignored because of this, or you don't think the "Both" rankings are an issue, why would you want them to give us KMS's rankings? That would not only take more development (which you've argued would limit the progress on other issues, even though it wouldn't) and would also result in the removal of a combined ranking?

    Because on the KMS rankings you can find exactly which class is on the top, which Explorer classes is an particular rank rather than categorizing them all into one place,
    and they even have an Hall of Fame page, Comprehensive page, Popularity page and an Guild ranking page.

  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    Posts: 519
    Member
    edited January 2019
    To compare Reboot with Normal Servers via rankings would be no different than comparing GMS world server rank with KMS's normal world server ranks or with player rankings of a totally different game.

    Imagine if Lab server was a permanent server and had it's ranks compared to Normal Servers and Reboot. How would you think Non-Lab players would feel when a level 10 gets to 275 in 5 weeks and reaches the damage cap? What about a lab player when they're a high rank and suddenly lose all their progress when they accidentally died fighting a boss? In both ways Reboot and Normal Servers are limited in their own ways to each other and therefore can not be merged together unless you want to make all non reboot servers use the same spending mechanics as those in reboot aka make your precious cubes cost mesos instead of NX and give us that succulent meso boost passive reboot characters get.
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,480
    Posts: 57
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Detrivance wrote: »
    In my opinion, the rankings should be split up like they are on the Korean version . Although still Maplestory, they are two entirely different games playstyle and server rule wise!

    Rankings in my eyes, and for many others, are seen for those who want to compete in the game. Yes, there are a lot of casual players that play Maplestory but for those who want to go hard and compete this is practically the only way other than the dojo rankings but even then that per world and classes not the game as a whole. When reboot first came out it was a semi-debate/issue of reboot being mixed in with the rankings of regular servers but to some, it was not seen as much of an issue since 250 was already a thing way before reboot came out. However, now that 275 is a thing it is a big debate now because reboot has such a higher multiplier than normal servers (I think its somewhere around 2.7x exp compared to regular servers). On top of this people in regular servers who are trying to fight for rankings are not able to use exp cash coupons that they either wanted to buy or use from their marvel machine. If people were able to use the cash shop exp multipliers it could possibly be a fair ranking fight but since we cannot it is nowhere near fair! I have no problem with reboot since I have played it in the past but in this current case, it is comparing apples to oranges.

    I know a few people will try to argue that players in non-reboot worlds have access to things such as Frenzy, Firestarter, or Ring of Torment but these are items that only the top 1% of player have access to. Most players would either have to do the same struggles as reboot by making and funding their own kanna mule, or for those who might have a little more meso buy service for frenzy or firestarter. So it's not entirely accurate to compare the entire world of reboot to people in normal servers who do have access to these exclusive items when most of their populations do not.

    As of today's ranking updates (Jan 28, 2019) Reboot servers have 14 people at 255 who can now access Limina compared to regular servers only having one! Not to mention the top person on reboot is 50% of the way to 260! It has been 5 days and Reboot is already a quarter of the way to 275 total exp wise. At this current rate, it feels like they would probably be hitting 275 by the end of February where regular servers it would be probably closer to April. By this time the rankings would probably already have top 5 and possibly even top 10 players who have hit 275, more than likely being reboot players.


    Side note: I also feel like it would be nice add the option to view specific ranks for the adventures. Example being if someone plays an adventurer warrior they should be able to see the rankings for hero, paladin and dark knight individually.

    I find it Ironic that all of a sudden people are complaining about the state of the rankings and making it an issue whereas when reboot got released, the issue wasn't that big. There are other issues that has an higher priority right now than worrying about the rankings. Removing the "Both" tab wont change the fact that reboot players will still level faster and have the potential to be first server to hit Lv. 275. I suggest that they change the whole ranking system to the KMS ranking system or just leave it as it is.

    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

    There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

    And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,680
    Posts: 1,254
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    I have literally never seen this issue brought up while playing since reboot was released. It's a niche issue. Or at least one that has long gone on ignored by players and nexon alike.
    SandyLerrowHuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,060
    Posts: 495
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

    There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

    And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed
    what kind of "split" you want ?
    you got reboot/non-reboot allready done
    both its only extra tab , with or without comparance will allways be there

    and am sure non-reboot can do way faster
    its just most of them got enough of lag/hackers/bugs/$$$$$$$ lose motivation reflect on ranking and amount of activ players actuly care about it

    but for real why its hard to ignore both tab i can understand if there was no reboot or nonreboot ranking
    SandyLerrowHuskyDM
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,480
    Posts: 57
    Member
    edited January 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Sam016 wrote: »
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

    There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

    And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed
    what kind of "split" you want ?
    you got reboot/non-reboot allready done
    both its only extra tab , with or without comparance will allways be there

    and am sure non-reboot can do way faster
    its just most of them got enough of lag/hackers/bugs/$$$$$$$ lose motivation reflect on ranking and amount of activ players actuly care about it

    but for real why its hard to ignore both tab i can understand if there was no reboot or nonreboot ranking

    As you said, it's an extra tab.
    One which can be that could easily be removed, it being there will always bring up conversations regarding comparing both ranks when it's not needed at all.

    Again as others have said, we cannot keep up unless reboot itself stops grinding. All we are asking as the thread name suggests, is the removal of this extra tab
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,060
    Posts: 495
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    As you said, it's an extra tab.
    One which can be that could easily be removed, it being there will always bring up conversations regarding comparing both ranks when it's not needed at all.

    Again as others have said, we cannot keep up unless reboot itself stops grinding. All we are asking as the thread name suggests, is the removal of this extra tab

    with ring of torment/fs ring/frenzy/mvp and all other new $$$ in reg server noway to be slower then reboot
    reboot and non-reboot allways will be compared with or without ranking (unless they make new server/site for reboot)


    in other hand isnt the point of reboot to be same as non-reboot but meso only ?
    if so nexon will need to rebalance both worlds

    i dont know............either way this wont make change to ranking/motivation or all other things other said above
    so yea remove it (less time wasted on feedback collecting)
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,966
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I have literally never seen this issue brought up while playing since reboot was released. It's a niche issue. Or at least one that has long gone on ignored by players and nexon alike.
    I don't know what kind of conversations you hold in-game, but there is definitely records elsewhere of this being an issue in the past and present.
    There was a larger thread on the topic on the old forums where the CM at the time said they'd bring it up for discussion with the team, it should still be accessible for Nexon at least. And one thread in November 2016 asking for an update.
    Myself and many others have also made inquiries on the topic of rankings in several official live streams and only because of that we got the additional filters "Reboot" and "Non-Reboot" just 8 months ago. Although it was a step in the right direction at the time, the 275 race now makes it apparent that this is still not a satisfactory solution.
    It is not a niche issue. But I'll agree that it has been overlooked far longer than it should. The rankings should have been split with the release of Reboot, but here we are.
    ZomgNit
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,480
    Posts: 57
    Member
    edited January 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Sam016 wrote: »
    As you said, it's an extra tab.
    One which can be that could easily be removed, it being there will always bring up conversations regarding comparing both ranks when it's not needed at all.

    Again as others have said, we cannot keep up unless reboot itself stops grinding. All we are asking as the thread name suggests, is the removal of this extra tab

    with ring of torment/fs ring/frenzy/mvp and all other new $$$ in reg server noway to be slower then reboot
    reboot and non-reboot allways will be compared with or without ranking (unless they make new server/site for reboot)


    in other hand isnt the point of reboot to be same as non-reboot but meso only ?
    if so nexon will need to rebalance both worlds

    i dont know............either way this wont make change to ranking/motivation or all other things other said above
    so yea remove it (less time wasted on feedback collecting)

    You act like everyone has access to those items and even if we did, we still cannot keep up (which shows on the rankings)


    We lost out on 2x cards which we pay real money for and the fact that reboot has 2x BASE exp meaning coupons would give much more experience than anything in reg server at all.
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    Reactions: 550
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    .
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

    There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

    And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed

    If you actually read my previous comment I stated that "whereas when reboot got released, the issue wasn't that big." You would actually know that I actually do read the replies. You said it yourself and I quote it again:"it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275." So apparently the reason why many people are complaining is to my understanding, they don't like it that Reboot are leveling fast and they can't catch up, so we don't want to be compared to them because its unfair? Which sounds to me some people are really salty about it, that's how I'm seeing it. So because with the release of Lv. 275 it has become an big issue now?

    Actually it is interesting though. f2p players who farms earnestly vs p2w players who can literally pay to win the game. I think both Servers will be compared regardless if the "Both" tab gets removed or not.

    If I'm understanding this correctly, you are implying here we should first split the rankings before and if by any chance changing the whole ranking system to be like KMS, If they are going to change it? So because KMS first split the rankings before implementing the whole design should we also follow their footsteps and do the same?


  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 5,950
    Posts: 747
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    I think more people noticed now that we have 275, but we asked for them to split the ranks before and they almost did...
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,680
    Posts: 1,254
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    I don't know what kind of conversations you hold in-game, but there is definitely records elsewhere of this being an issue in the past and present.
    I tend to spend my time in the game, playing the game and not worrying about what's on the website.
    The only issue I've seen expressed in-game is removal of Non-KMS content and Kishin debate.
    I think the best solution here is to just get the KMS ranking page.
    Sure it's work for Nexon, but Nexon needs to step up their game up for GMS if they want us to take them seriously anyway.
  • ZomgNitZomgNit
    Reactions: 1,266
    Posts: 19
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    .
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

    There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

    And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed

    If you actually read my previous comment I stated that "whereas when reboot got released, the issue wasn't that big." You would actually know that I actually do read the replies. You said it yourself and I quote it again:"it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275." So apparently the reason why many people are complaining is to my understanding, they don't like it that Reboot are leveling fast and they can't catch up, so we don't want to be compared to them because its unfair? Which sounds to me some people are really salty about it, that's how I'm seeing it. So because with the release of Lv. 275 it has become an big issue now?

    Actually it is interesting though. f2p players who farms earnestly vs p2w players who can literally pay to win the game. I think both Servers will be compared regardless if the "Both" tab gets removed or not.

    If I'm understanding this correctly, you are implying here we should first split the rankings before and if by any chance changing the whole ranking system to be like KMS, If they are going to change it? So because KMS first split the rankings before implementing the whole design should we also follow their footsteps and do the same?


    No matter how much someone "pays to win" in a regular server they still can never achieve the same rates as someone in Reboot. Even with every available advantage in regular servers (which the top reg server players have been using since the level cap was raised) they still get half the rate of exp as Reboot. To argue that it's somehow a fair race because in reg servers you can buy things that help with training is just extremely ignorant and shows your lack of understanding of the differences between the two servers.
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Sam016 wrote: »
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    I have literally never seen this issue brought up while playing since reboot was released. It's a niche issue. Or at least one that has long gone on ignored by players and nexon alike.

    Just because you and your friends dont talk about it doesn't mean nobody talks about it. It's been discussed on the subreddit numerous times and in the past there was a thread on the official forums that lead to the creation of the individual options to begin with.
    Sam016
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,480
    Posts: 57
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    .
    This makes me believe you're not actually reading half the replies in this thread. People have always complained about rankings and wanted a split, it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275.

    We know removing "Both" won't change the fact that reboot will get 275, thats not the point of this thread and it has been mentioned multiple times throughout (someone else also said the exact same thing as you)
    We do not want to be compared to reboot and we do not want to be "racing" with reboot.

    There is nothing interesting when everyone knows full well reboot will gain the same experience as a regular server player within half the time.

    And KMS already had split rankings before the whole design was changed

    If you actually read my previous comment I stated that "whereas when reboot got released, the issue wasn't that big." You would actually know that I actually do read the replies. You said it yourself and I quote it again:"it's just because the issue has become a huge point now with the release of 275." So apparently the reason why many people are complaining is to my understanding, they don't like it that Reboot are leveling fast and they can't catch up, so we don't want to be compared to them because its unfair? Which sounds to me some people are really salty about it, that's how I'm seeing it. So because with the release of Lv. 275 it has become an big issue now?

    Actually it is interesting though. f2p players who farms earnestly vs p2w players who can literally pay to win the game. I think both Servers will be compared regardless if the "Both" tab gets removed or not.

    If I'm understanding this correctly, you are implying here we should first split the rankings before and if by any chance changing the whole ranking system to be like KMS, If they are going to change it? So because KMS first split the rankings before implementing the whole design should we also follow their footsteps and do the same?


    Even if a person is f2p and earnestly farms in normal server, they cannot keep up with reboot server. As the above person says, no matter how much we pay to win (frenzy, firestarter, whatever else) we will still not keep up.

    As for the ranking, ever since the release of reboot in KMS, it has been a separate ranking because they understand the servers are playing under entirely separate playing fields. Every server as far as I am aware has a separated reboot ranking. The only exception being GMS
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,060
    Posts: 495
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »

    Even if a person is f2p and earnestly farms in normal server, they cannot keep up with reboot server. As the above person says, no matter how much we pay to win (frenzy, firestarter, whatever else) we will still not keep up.

    As for the ranking, ever since the release of reboot in KMS, it has been a separate ranking because they understand the servers are playing under entirely separate playing fields. Every server as far as I am aware has a separated reboot ranking. The only exception being GMS

    not true
    non-reboot can do much faster
    but to achieve that needs $$$$ (why marvel/philo/dmt its "popular"?)
    its only about time when they fix 3x/2x coupons and see non-rebooters rates explode (if non-rebooters still baits for that $$$)

    also you compare kms and gms when it's like non-reboot and reboot like you say

    after all still why all that matter when you got your own non-reboot ranking ?
  • SandyLerrowSandyLerrow
    Reactions: 550
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited January 2019
    Sam016 wrote: »
    Sam016 wrote: »
    .
    Even if a person is f2p and earnestly farms in normal server, they cannot keep up with reboot server. As the above person says, no matter how much we pay to win (frenzy, firestarter, whatever else) we will still not keep up.

    As for the ranking, ever since the release of reboot in KMS, it has been a separate ranking because they understand the servers are playing under entirely separate playing fields. Every server as far as I am aware has a separated reboot ranking. The only exception being GMS

    I don't think you can really compare a Reboot f2p player with an f2p player who plays on main servers. The reason for this is because reboot players needs to grind more for mesos than main servers to upgrade their gear whereas in main servers you will likely grind more for levels or droplets or if something else. Their meso farming needs to be on point in other to progress well (leveling wise because of mobs with high HP). That's why farming earnestly in Reboot is different compared to main servers. That's why I said we need to have an ranking system like KMS. The "Both" Tab is just an extra tab which people make a problem out of it.

    P.S You can manually select which ranking you want to see if it bothers you.
    ZomgNit wrote: »
    .
    No matter how much someone "pays to win" in a regular server they still can never achieve the same rates as someone in Reboot. Even with every available advantage in regular servers (which the top reg server players have been using since the level cap was raised) they still get half the rate of exp as Reboot. To argue that it's somehow a fair race because in reg servers you can buy things that help with training is just extremely ignorant and shows your lack of understanding of the differences between the two servers.

    Well... there's a reason why Reboot got those exp rates in the first place. they got those mainly because some features that are available in the main servers aren't available in Reboot. That is the reason why they got compensated for that. So don't come here telling me I don't know the differences between both the servers. The "Both" Tab is just an extra tab which salty people like you are complaining about. Looks like it somehow bothers you so much about who's getting to Lv. 275 first.


  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,480
    Posts: 57
    Member
    edited January 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Sam016 wrote: »

    Even if a person is f2p and earnestly farms in normal server, they cannot keep up with reboot server. As the above person says, no matter how much we pay to win (frenzy, firestarter, whatever else) we will still not keep up.

    As for the ranking, ever since the release of reboot in KMS, it has been a separate ranking because they understand the servers are playing under entirely separate playing fields. Every server as far as I am aware has a separated reboot ranking. The only exception being GMS

    not true
    non-reboot can do much faster
    but to achieve that needs $$$$ (why marvel/philo/dmt its "popular"?)
    its only about time when they fix 3x/2x coupons and see non-rebooters rates explode (if non-rebooters still baits for that $$$)

    also you compare kms and gms when it's like non-reboot and reboot like you say

    after all still why all that matter when you got your own non-reboot ranking ?

    I honestly don't understand what you just said...

    We can't go faster cause less exp even with all those p2w features which has been said over and over again