[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mr. Lee is Innocent (Event Hall Lag)

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
From the notice of the October 27 Scheduled Maintenance:
The NPC Mr. Lee has been removed from the Event Hall to address recent latency issues.
This makes no sense.
The other 3 NPCs in Event Hall - Cassandra, Gaga, and Maple Admin - are the ones causing the lag, the ones who have always caused the lag, with their sprites that change according to what event is currently running. Clean up their scripts.

Mr. Lee is harmless.
Where is he being moved to, anyway?
Or are you just taking away access to his Airlines content? For how long?
JettLuvsUKeepComingBackLilyflowerKush

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    :T Gaga is the one I'd remove first...since I never really liked him. RIP Mr. Lee.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    It's strange. I went into Event Hall this morning on my Ice/Lit and there was barely any lag, but I lag terribly on my Battle Mage and Aran (probably others as well). I wonder what exactly is the cause of it.
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    I've never had lag in the event hall until the Spooptober update, when I started lagging so hard I crashed. Cass, Maple Admin, and Gaga really do need their code cleaned up since before they got moved there I'd lag wherever they were.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    They might of done something that made it cause lag in the recent patch you never know....
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    they might have to clean up the npc like gaga,cass and maple admin maybe those that causes the lag so much.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Guess what?

Game is up.
    Event Hall still lags.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Guess what?

Game is up.
    Event Hall still lags.
    aand the issue isnt mr lee who causes the lag gg nexon.

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    I'm having insane lag elsewhere too, every 2 seconds it hitches.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    Geminia
    Geminia said:

It's strange. I went into Event Hall this morning on my Ice/Lit and there was barely any lag, but I lag terribly on my Battle Mage and Aran (probably others as well). I wonder what exactly is the cause of it.
    Ummm I think I have a theory on this, seeing you don't lag much on your mage. Is your i/L a new character? Are Battle Mage and Aran old character with many event quests done in past?

To everyone: IF i am NOT wrong, maybe an older character who completed several event quests from Cassandra, Gaga and Maple Admin registers a ton of Completed quests in Complete section. Maybe these quests keep loading even if completed already!! I need to try going in Event Hall on a new character :O With 0 quest complete from these NPCs, maybe the lag is considerably reduced.

IF THATS THE CAUSE, Nexon should reset Quest completion in Event tab. I will try that tomorrow, unless someone else has an old character completing ton of event quests. If lagging, try on a new character with 0 event quest completed and go Event Hall.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

Geminia
    Geminia said:

Ummm I think I have a theory on this, seeing you don't lag much on your mage. Is your i/L a new character? Are Battle Mage and Aran old character with many event quests done in past?

To everyone: IF i am NOT wrong, maybe an older character who completed several event quests from Cassandra, Gaga and Maple Admin registers a ton of Completed quests in Complete section. Maybe these quests keep loading even if completed already!! I need to try going in Event Hall on a new character :O With 0 quest complete from these NPCs, maybe the lag is considerably reduced.

IF THATS THE CAUSE, Nexon should reset Quest completion in Event tab. I will try that tomorrow, unless someone else has an old character completing ton of event quests. If lagging, try on a new character with 0 event quest completed and go Event Hall.
    My Battle Mage is old but my Aran isn't. I just made her a few months ago during the revamp. My Ice/Lit is maybe a month or two old.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

Geminia
    Geminia said:

You might have something there. My main lags there a lot more than my mules (even old mules).
    I'm not sure whether it's the completed or the in-progress quests, or something entirely different like inventory (one of the NPCs might be rifling through it to find items that trigger a quest?).

What is clear, though, is that poor Mr. Lee is innocent. Nexon should bring him back, and investigate those other NPCs (by looking at their code).
    Bahamut_XLilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

Geminia
    Geminia said:

I don't know. My main, which is the first character I made on this account years and years ago, has only lagged in the event hall twice. And even then it was't that bad, and was during 2x events (so not sure if it was even the event hall's fault). It could certainly be this, its just not what I have experienced with the event hall. Then again I don't normally lag there period so I may just be a lucky player, who knows.

I probably should have looked in this forum before making my own thread about this in a separate forum as well.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    havent even used gaga / maple admin/ cassandra for very long time. mr .lee is actually used for EXP/ and profession EXP
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    T-they removed Lee? He's the best party quest in the game!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, grab your pitchforks and torches. We have a witch hunt on our hands.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited October 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

T-they removed Lee? He's the best party quest in the game!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, grab your pitchforks and torches. We have a witch hunt on our hands.
    lol im ready!

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The NPC Mr. Lee has been removed from the Event Hall to address recent latency issues.
    This makes no sense.
    The other 3 NPCs in Event Hall - Cassandra, Gaga, and Maple Admin - are the ones causing the lag, the ones who have always caused the lag, with their sprites that change according to what event is currently running. Clean up their scripts.

Mr. Lee is harmless.

actually it's not even gaga or cassandra, they dont even cause lag anymore, the lag is purely maple admin.

You may wonder how I deduced this, but it comes down to gaga and cassandra dont lag in boat quay town (they are still there), but every time I use to go to MTZ (where maple admin use to be) when shortcutting to Boat Quay town, I would get killer lag. I still get killer lag around maple admin but not around gaga or cassandra.

Maple admin needs to be tucked away in her own corner of hell until this is sorted.
    Mr.Lee should be placed back into the event hall.
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited October 2016
    What they should do is make Maple Admin, Gaga, and Cassandra be in a map where a normal player cannot reach (like a GM only map), and make every single quest of theirs be available in the star icon on the side of the screen. We shouldn't have to manually go to them to turn in quests, anyways, that style is pretty outdated.

And for all the none-quest features they have, couldn't they just make another icon on the side of the screen that you're able to click on and get ahold of those features? I dunno, just me brainstorming.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

This makes no sense.

Mr. Lee is harmless.
    actually it's not even gaga or cassandra, they dont even cause lag anymore, the lag is purely maple admin.

You may wonder how I deduced this, but it comes down to gaga and cassandra dont lag in boat quay town (they are still there), but every time I use to go to MTZ (where maple admin use to be) when shortcutting to Boat Quay town, I would get killer lag. I still get killer lag around maple admin but not around gaga or cassandra.

Maple admin needs to be tucked away in her own corner of hell until this is sorted.

I just went to Boat Quay Town. Gaga and Cassandra aren't there.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Catooolooo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

This makes no sense.

Mr. Lee is harmless.

I just went to Boat Quay Town. Gaga and Cassandra aren't there.

really? they must have been removed in one of the recent updates after HoM as I had last seen them there during the HoM patches cause I saw them there when I was getting my GSE for my Evan.

well that sucks that I can't prove my point, but anyways Im certain if the devs did some kind of test on the actual servers (likethey did with Maryse ) they would find the only one of the 3 NPC's generating the lag is Maple admin, as gaga and cassandra had been in Boat Quay town for a long time after they were suppose to have been removed from all towns and were positioned close to the candy merchant guy.
  • KushKush
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2016
    i cant even more around in event hall or click an NPC its lame please fixthat