[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why remove europeans again?

PrizkillaPrizkilla
Reactions: 555
edited October 2016 in General Chat
So my friend invited me over to GMS last week. I purchased 40k NX and now they gonna expire without me using them.
I made a guild and bunch of friends. Nexon's response to this is hilarious. Thanks for screwing me over yet again.

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited October 2016
    BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.

Jokes aside, I think it was an accidental unblock because they also removed the censorship system and reinstated it like 2 days later.
    The merge is still happening but it was pushed back. Patience, young grasshopper. You will be able to play once more, and hey, at least you got your guild made and whatnot so you won't have to do that next time!
    NiightseekerCatooolooo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Shouldn't have bought NX until Nexon says the migration is done.

However, your 40k should be ok. NX only expires after a year, and they're telling us the migration should be finalized in November.
    Agent_DragonfuryNiightseeker
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Jokes aside, I think it was an accidental unblock because they also removed the censorship system and reinstated it like 2 days later.
    The merge is still happening but it was pushed back. Patience, young grasshopper.
    Pushed back to 2066? A lot of europeans thought it was open for good but they didn't say anything until a few days later.
    What pisses me the most off is that I lost 40 euros for nothing.

Matahary
  • GhostriderGhostrider
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    Prizkilla
    Prizkilla said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

The merge is still happening but it was pushed back. Patience, young grasshopper.
    Pushed back to 2066? A lot of europeans thought it was open for good but they didn't say anything until a few days later.

You nx will still be there as an above posted said,so you didn't lost anything yet. Unless nexon decides to extend the migration to next year this month, then you would lost out on the nx.

Besides, you folks still have your own version to play.
  • MataharyMatahary
    Reactions: 580
    edited October 2016
    Cuz nexon sucks (OOOOOH BOOOY) i´m from Brazil and i was having lots of fun playing till nexon *stabs in the back*
    If the merge is going to happen why would they put the ipblock back on?
    Like wth why people that doens't play in europe (because the europe server sucks) has to sit back and wait for the merge?
    This is just stupid
    Now we need to wait 1 month without maplestory then nexon is going to post again "sorry migration delayed come back after 10 years"
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    Prizkilla
    Prizkilla said:

The unblock was accidental it wasn't announced anywhere. Kind of like the removal of the censor system. A lot of us were pretty mad about the censorship being back as if we're all a bunch of little kids. But I completely understand where you're coming from.
    But as AKradian said, the merge is scheduled to be finalized in November.
    Your NX will be fine, everything will be fine. Unless Nexon pushes the whole merge by a whole year for some reason or another. So let's hope that doesn't happen!
  • PrizkillaPrizkilla
    edited October 2016
    Matahary
    Matahary said:

Cuz nexon sucks (OOOOOH BOOOY)
    Like wth why people that doens't play in europe (because the europe server sucks) has to sit back and wait for the merge?
    This is just stupid
    Now we need to wait 1 month without maplestory then nexon is going to post again "sorry migration delayed come back after 10 years"
    The problem with nexon is that they never communicate with us europeans.
  • MataharyMatahary
    edited October 2016
    Ghostrider

Prizkilla
    Prizkilla said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

You nx will still be there as an above posted said,so you didn't lost anything yet. Unless nexon decides to extend the migration to next year this month, then you would lost out on the nx.

Besides, you folks still have your own version to play.
    Yeah we will not lose any money
    UNLESS NEXON f* with the merge again and he has to wait another month or more and more months

• MataharyMatahary
    edited October 2016
    Prizkilla
    Prizkilla said:

Matahary
    Matahary said:

Cuz nexon sucks (OOOOOH BOOOY)
    This is just stupid
    The problem with nexon is that they never communicate with us europeans.
    This company is a joke dude serious
  • ShusuiShusui
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2016
    i was lv162 with 2 link skills done,wasted 7 days for nothing.
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    Shusui
    Shusui said:

It's not wasted for nothing if you'll get it back once you can play again.
    Matahary
    Matahary said:

And yet, here you are complaining that you can't play.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Boy are you all going to feel stupid for pitching this much of a fit when you can play again next month.
  • MataharyMatahary
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Shusui
    Shusui said:

Matahary
    Matahary said:

And yet, here you are complaining that you can't play.
    Yeah i'm complaining that i can't PLAY, i love maplestory but the company still bad
    And i love jokes haha
  • MataharyMatahary
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Boy are you all going to feel stupid for pitching this much of a fit when you can play again next month.
    Definitely not, i'll still hate the company
  • ShusuiShusui
    Reactions: 620
    edited October 2016
    then tell me if i'll get it back once i can play again why not let it unblocked? blocking back is just useless effort for more harm than good.

also i'll miss a lot of events,still got to get 2 dark totems and change the current one to an INT one.
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

Shusui
    Shusui said:

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Matahary
    Matahary said:

Aggraphine

If you hate the company, then don't play the game. It's as simple as that.
  • MataharyMatahary
    edited October 2016
    Aggraphine

Matahary
    Matahary said:

Aggraphine

If you hate the company, then don't play the game. It's as simple as that.
    Well, you got your wish Aggraphine, lets do a party and watch some Markiplier
  • MaryseMaryse
    edited October 2016
    Shusui
    Shusui said:

then tell me if i'll get it back once i can play again why not let it unblocked? blocking back is just useless effort for more harm than good.

also i'll miss a lot of events,still got to get 2 dark totems and change the current one to an INT one.
    IMO, the reason why it was blocked again is because the servers are not ready for such a big influx of people coming on the servers from places previously blocked. At least it's what makes more sense at the moment. With new people flooding the servers, they will be more susceptible to lag and no one wants lag when they play. So in a way, it makes sense for them to block the IPs again while they do work on the merge so it's more stable. And let's not forget that it was accidental. It was not meant to happen to begin with.
    Let's all not forget about the possible licensing issues since Nexon Europe still technically owns the rights to the Euro regions and because of that, they can't be allowed access to other region's services.
    I do understand the frustration though.

As for the totems, this isn't the first time we've had this event. It'll probably come at a later date too.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Huh. Didn't even know this was a thing. That'd explain the influx of BR names and guilds I saw last week. I wonder if they're all gone now. Shame, since seeing them reminded me of my days playing Dofus.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

IMO, the reason why it was blocked again is because the servers are not ready for such a big influx of people coming on the servers from places previously blocked. At least it's what makes more sense at the moment. With new people flooding the servers, they will be more susceptible to lag and no one wants lag when they play. So in a way, it makes sense for them to block the IPs again while they do work on the merge so it's more stable. And let's not forget that it was accidental. It was not meant to happen to begin with.
    Let's all not forget about the possible licensing issues since Nexon Europe still technically owns the rights to the Euro regions and because of that, they can't be allowed access to other region's services.
    I do understand the frustration though.

As for the totems, this isn't the first time we've had this event. It'll probably come at a later date too.
    And yet, last week, when all the Europeans and Brazilians and Vietnamese flocked to Reboot, it lagged a lot less than it does now that they're blocked.

No, the actual reason, IMO, is the licensing issue you mentioned.

Just as one can't move into a new house before the date on the contract, even if the contract has already been signed and everybody knows they'll be moving to that house soon.
    MataharyLilyflowerIvangold