[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Discussion: "Both" Tab in Rankings

Comments

• iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited February 2019
    We need a platform equal to KMS, Fast and Urgent! Separate Ramkings ...
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    You really need to read up on something before writing an essay about it.

Cash shop 2x coupons are currently disabled for levels higher than 250. The "pay2win" worlds can't compete with Reboot, and not because everyone there happens to be too poor to buy 2x coupons.

Sorry for the delay, I do not visit the forum consistently.

The level increase to 275 is a recent update, so I wasn't really speaking towards that issue, but your point is valid.

I was not aware that 2x was not available on reg servers beyond 250, though the point is still valid with respect to getting to 250. A player should be able to reach 250 faster on a regular server assuming everything else is the same.

However, with 2x coupons being disabled for 251-275, then you're right, reboot will always win in a race in the specific case of one-shotting end-game training maps, because its no longer about the gear, its purely about the rate of monster spawn and death, and how much exp the monster awards in return, in which case reboot wins.

Though, to be entirely fair, it's also a fact that reaching the point where you can one-shot end game training maps is significantly more difficult on reboot. Reboot requiring as much as 2x the range to one shot the same monster on reg server.

As for "spending on cubes" - everyone in the 275 race, from all worlds, is one-hitting all the enemies they train on.

And would you like to venture a guess how much those people have spent, on a regular server, in order to reach the ability to one shot the monsters on end-game training maps? If you can one-shot end game training maps on a regular server, you've clearly spent a small fortune on the game, so my point there is still valid. The expectation of investment is exceedingly high, especially for children, or the parents of those children, who play the game.

Still, your point makes me reconsider whether or not a 'both' tab should be available, because if we're only using the top few percent of players to decide, then it might be fair to say no, there probably shouldn't be a both. As in the specific case of one shotting end game training maps, yes, reboot has a clear advantage, despite requiring significantly more time invested into the players character to reach that point (in the form of farming meso).

Of course, that's kind of the entire point of reboot, to give players the option to spend time, instead of spending money.

In my personal opinion, disabling 2x CS coupons cripples regular servers when compared to reboot, and should not have happened
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited February 2019
    wow this still a thing ?
    knew it... loooooool
    a month long discussion on a irrelevant both tab option
    i thought it will be nice to update/discuss about guild rankings,individual explorer ranking and all that ........ it seems wont be SOON
    HuskyDM
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited February 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    wow this still a thing ?
    knew it... loooooool
    a month long discussion on a irrelevant both tab option
    i thought it will be nice to update/discuss about guild rankings,individual explorer ranking and all that ........ it seems wont be SOON

may be irrelevant to you but its relevant to most of us real server players that care about the rankings
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    From the Maple Memo:
    The next topic I’d like to discuss is the “Both” tab in the rankings when viewing rankings for both Reboot and Non-Reboot worlds. I’d again like to say that it was helpful for us to hear all opinions on this topic to determine a course of action. After reviewing the feedback from many different sources, we are internally planning to adjust the view of the rankings so that the server type selection is not defaulted to any single view. We understand that some players feel the “Both” view is unnecessary to begin with due to the how different the rates are between both types of servers; however internally, we do see value in comparing the data, and we’ve seen that some players have also expressed this desire to view the “Both” selection as well. For this reason we believe that the view does have value. However, to address some of the feedback we received from players regarding this view, we are planning to present an option for the player to opt-in to choosing which view they feel is more important to them.

I'm obviously disappointed that they're deciding to keep the Both tab. I've already made my point on why it needs to be removed, and why it skews the perspective of what is essentially a competition between two entirely different sports.
    If cheaters are removed from rankings for having advantages over legit players and gaining ranks faster, then why are servers that have advantages over each other not separated entirely. I am not saying Reboot players are equal to cheaters but the principle is the same, it's just unfortunate that one part of the game has a clear advantage over the other and that this is ignored in the rankings.
    If you see value in comparing the data internally, then do that internally. The rankings are the public leaderboards of which player is faster and those should not be incorrectly displayed as they are in "Both".

Are you then also intending to fix the search? It defaults to the number displayed in the "Both" ranking, which is incorrect to begin with for obvious reasons.
    I would also like to know why the KMS view is not an option for us. Are there technical limitations or is it simply more work than Nexon cares to do for the rankings?
  • LightsArrovvLightsArrovv
    Reactions: 315
    edited February 2019
    If Nexon doesn't get rid of high ranking hackers in Windia.....whats the point. [REMOVED] Since when does Nexon care about its players? So just let them do what they do best...nothing.

Moderator Note: Accusing players here isn't allowed. Report it through the live chat or ticket system.
  • iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited February 2019
    If Nexon doesn't get rid of high ranking hackers in Windia.....whats the point. [REMOVED]. Since when does Nexon care about its players? So just let them do what they do best...nothing.

really ? I dont know, both are 256
    edited February 2019
    iLiMiTaDo wrote: »
    If Nexon doesn't get rid of high ranking hackers in Windia.....[REMOVED] Since when does Nexon care about its players? So just let them do what they do best...nothing.

Really ? I dont know, both are 256

I'm not too sure about [REMOVED]. Talked to a gm about it in chat and they pretty much told me, take a ss....

But they got rid of the /find command so....I pretty much have to search 20chs and several different places to catch them in the act. That itself will take forever and a day. I'm still trying to compete with ranks myself, I don't have time to do the job of a Game Master who gets paid to find hackers. I understand you can't catch all hackers but when they infiltrate high ranks, it should be pretty easy. But like I said, getting Nexon to do simple things like that is like learning how to fly a rocket ship.

Moderator Note: Naming and Shaming on the forum is not allowed. Report it through through live chat or the ticket system.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    @LightsArrovv
    Name and shame isn't allowed on the forums by the way.
    Your posts will end up getting redacted by mods, just an fyi.
    WONDERGUY
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    @LightsArrovv

Delete it then.
    edited February 2019
    Dang they were quick to delete that....can we get that kinda action going on with these high ranking hackers?? @NexonMods
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    @LightsArrovv

Delete it then.

I'm not a mod, just giving you a friendly warning before you get in trouble for openly talking about hackers.
    Dang they were quick to delete that....can we get that kinda action going on with these high ranking hackers?? @NexonMods
    Swift action on bans will only result in false bans. On the forums they can prove 100% beyond a doubt that you broke rules.
    In-Game it can be fuzzy. That's why they can act so swiftly on the forums.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited February 2019
    @LightsArrovv

Delete it then.

I'm not a mod, just giving you a friendly warning before you get in trouble for openly talking about hackers.
    Swift action on bans will only result in false bans. On the forums they can prove 100% beyond a doubt that you broke rules.
    In-Game it can be fuzzy. That's why they can act so swiftly on the forums.

they can do same ingame-ranking
    but its something else to hide...good PR we cant talk about .... its all finee :)
    now a month more argue what server its faster or slower
    how to get same rates without $$
    what are the rates bla bla for option that can be avoided and focus on real things
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    but its something else to hide...good PR we cant talk about .... its all finee :)
    what are the rates bla bla for option that can be avoided and focus on real things

I believe I've already made my stance on the issue of this thread clear.

But as far as doing it (Bans/Warnings) ingame at the same speed, that's absolutely not possible. We're talking about a game that thousands of people play, where if someone is hacking or not can be fuzzy and requires gathering more data.
    Compared to a forum where only a few dozen posts are made each day at best. It's apples and oranges.
    WONDERGUY
    edited March 2019

I believe I've already made my stance on the issue of this thread clear.

But as far as doing it (Bans/Warnings) ingame at the same speed, that's absolutely not possible. We're talking about a game that thousands of people play, where if someone is hacking or not can be fuzzy and requires gathering more data.
    Compared to a forum where only a few dozen posts are made each day at best. It's apples and oranges.

But cmon bro, you play the game I assume....Anyone higher than level 250 with no NX equips and basic drop equips like Zakum equips bro??? cmon this isn't Rebooty, this is the REAL servers we are talking about. It's like 7 of them in the top 20 in Windia. You can tell they are hackers bro, and they are all DB's, dead give away!!! I don't see how hard it is go log on a GM account, do the little invisible thing or w/e, track em down and catch them in the act if you need more proof. Should take maybe 30mins if that. You already have the IGN's so its not like your a regular player like us and have to search the entire maple world to find random hackers. You guys had no problem doing so when they released 250 and had GM's whispering players to make sure they were actually there. I was whispered three times back then. Whats wrong with putting in work for players to enjoy the game? I don't see the complications bro. Send ME A SS for once and explain to me why Nexon can't Police their own game against 7 people who you already have information on. I would name drop to make it even easier but....lol.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    But cmon bro, you play the game I assume....Anyone higher than level 250 with no NX equips and basic drop equips like Zakum equips bro??? cmon this isn't Rebooty, this is the REAL servers we are talking about. It's like 7 of them in the top 20 in Windia. You can tell they are hackers bro, and they are all DB's, dead give away!!! I don't see how hard it is go log on a GM account, do the little invisible thing or w/e, track em down and catch them in the act if you need more proof. Should take maybe 30mins if that. You already have the IGN's so its not like your a regular player like us and have to search the entire maple world to find random hackers. You guys had no problem doing so when they released 250 and had GM's whispering players to make sure they were actually there. I was whispered three times back then. Whats wrong with putting in work for players to enjoy the game? I don't see the complications bro. Send ME A SS for once and explain to me why Nexon can't Police their own game against 7 people who you already have information on. I would name drop to make it even easier but....lol.

I get the feeling you think I'm a GM, I'm not. As for if these players are hackers or not, there is still research to be done, yes it would be easy.
    But you have to remember the fact that Nexon is banning several thousand accounts per week.
    Even if you low ball the numbers, it's likely that they're spending time to check out thousands of people PER-DAY.
    While it doesn't seem like much to you, spending 30 minutes across 7 people is a lot of wasted time when they could be checking out people who actually have reports filed against them.
    This isn't a black/white issue. You have to consider the wall Nexon has been backed against by the hackers as well.

I will stand both for and against Nexon depending on if I feel the accusations are misrepresented/unfair/etc or not.
    This is one case where I have to say that Nexon is most likely doing their best and there isn't too much else they can do.

You probably also shouldn't dis the entire reboot culture by saying they aren't a real server, btw.
    There's a huge collective of people who play on reboot and this topic concerns both types of servers.
    Perhaps show a little more respect for your fellow players.
    WONDERGUY
    edited March 2019

I get the feeling you think I'm a GM, I'm not. As for if these players are hackers or not, there is still research to be done, yes it would be easy.
    But you have to remember the fact that Nexon is banning several thousand accounts per week.
    Even if you low ball the numbers, it's likely that they're spending time to check out thousands of people PER-DAY.
    While it doesn't seem like much to you, spending 30 minutes across 7 people is a lot of wasted time when they could be checking out people who actually have reports filed against them.
    This isn't a black/white issue. You have to consider the wall Nexon has been backed against by the hackers as well.

I will stand both for and against Nexon depending on if I feel the accusations are misrepresented/unfair/etc or not.
    This is one case where I have to say that Nexon is most likely doing their best and there isn't too much else they can do.

You probably also shouldn't dis the entire reboot culture by saying they aren't a real server, btw.
    There's a huge collective of people who play on reboot and this topic concerns both types of servers.
    Perhaps show a little more respect for your fellow players.

Cheers Mate.
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited March 2019
    whens the seperation
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    whens the seperation

Never. Nexon has chosen reboot as the winners in the leveling race.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited March 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    whens the seperation

Never. Nexon has chosen reboot as the winners in the leveling race.
    do you want both tab removed or reboot removed ?
    i dont see how that will change the "race" and "winners" you said