[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[IMPORTANT] Water Wars Issues

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

I'm just trying to figure out how people are getting banned by mistake due to the event? I would understand like a glitch to where to disconnect, but being banned? I don't know it just sounds weird lol.
    Unscheduled Maintenance - September 21st, 2016
    There was an issue where the recent changes to the Cygnus Water Wars event skills, Bubble Blaster and Triple Bubble Blaster, were causing players to be auto-banned when used. The changes to these skills will be reverted. Players will no longer be auto-banned when using these skills.
    Hopefully players will have their bans revoked.
  • ExoArtExoArt
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

ExtendedClip

Received a 1 month ban due to this, hope it gets fixed ASAP
    We'll definitely try our best to fix this in a timely manner.

Any ETA? :(
  • JannaJanna
    Reactions: 640
    edited September 2016
    Well... glad I haven't been doing this event at all. Urk. Hopefully it'll be settled soon though, just tried logging on after being gone the whole day and the game goes down immediately.

Shall wait patiently.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited September 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

I'm just trying to figure out how people are getting banned by mistake due to the event? I would understand like a glitch to where to disconnect, but being banned? I don't know it just sounds weird lol.
    The servers lag and fail to receive your packets in a timely fashion so when the bump is over it receives them all at once making it look like to the server as a speed hack. And the ban system went haywire and handing out bans like candy due to it.

They probably accidentally raised the sensitivity or something.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Unscheduled Maintenance - September 21st, 2016
    There was an issue where the recent changes to the Cygnus Water Wars event skills, Bubble Blaster and Triple Bubble Blaster, were causing players to be auto-banned when used. The changes to these skills will be reverted. Players will no longer be auto-banned when using these skills.
    Hopefully players will have their bans revoked.

i sincerely doubt that they wouldn't, it's not like they were exploiting anything, it's just a bug with the event itself.
  • VinhsanityMSVinhsanityMS
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Will there be any compensation for the players wrongfully banned? Will the event be extended 1 day for people who could not participate today?
  • ExoArtExoArt
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

We're aware of an issue with players getting suspended due to Water Wars.

While we are looking into this issue, please do not participate in the event.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

-The MapleStory Team
    Still waiting to be unbanned..... this is beyond annoying. There must be some sort of standard set for these patches before they are released. Its been hours and still no sign as to when i will be unbanned
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    TheNyanCat

Tuba
    Tuba said:

The servers lag and fail to receive your packets in a timely fashion so when the bump is over it receives them all at once making it look like to the server as a speed hack. And the ban system went haywire and handing out bans like candy due to it.

They probably accidentally raised the sensitivity or something.
    No. It's a mismatch between client and server regarding what the skill can do: the client still thinks the skill can hit 2 or 3 players, but the servers thinks it can only hit one. So, to the server, it looks like you did a ".wz edit" to change your skill's abilities.

That's why the fix was to undo the changes to the skills.
    Lilyflower
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited September 2016
    ExoArt
    ExoArt said:

Still waiting to be unbanned..... this is beyond annoying. There must be some sort of standard set for these patches before they are released. Its been hours and still no sign as to when i will be unbanned
    @ExoArt - You should now be unbanned.

To everyone else - We have done our best to unban almost all players. If you find yourself still banned as a result of the Water Wars issue, please go ahead and submit a ticket so we can investigate your account specifically. We apologize for the inconvenience.
  • YxarYxar
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited September 2016
    will you let us know if it becomes safe to play WaWa again?
  • SaifsSaifs
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited September 2016
    Wow, thanks for the warning o.o
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    So is it safe to participate in the water war now?
    Lilyflower
  • R0bbinUrHoodR0bbinUrHood
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2016
    Hello. Thanks for the updated forums. Very different.

Also, more importantly, thank you guys for so quickly dealing with reverting the suspensions on the water wars glitch. Was nice to get up this morning to find I am unbanned.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    edited September 2016
    VinhsanityMS

Will there be any compensation for the players wrongfully banned? Will the event be extended 1 day for people who could not participate today?
    I'd be happy with just 10 aqua bucks as compensation. I just think it's ridiculous how a legit account that has been playing nexon games actively for years just gets automatically banned instantly due to an issue. All these anti bot/hacker prevention systems has caused enough grief for the legit players and it took an event bug to hand out bans like candy, ruining the event for the day and dumping a pile of work on nexon.
  • SavageAceSavageAce
    Reactions: 3,130
    Administrator, Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Yxar
    Yxar said:

Water Wars is safe to play again.
    bumbertyrYxar
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Yxar
    Yxar said:

Awesome, time ro get my soak on.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    edited September 2016
    I just realized I didn't open my hot time box before I started doing the event so it expired due to being banned and all.

Rip.
  • VinhsanityMSVinhsanityMS
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    TheNyanCat

I just realized I didn't open my hot time box before I started doing the event so it expired due to being banned and all.

Rip.
    Exactly why there should be accommodation of some sort. The MMF event requires participation in all 7 days to get the first DJ Chair. People who were banned or couldn't play due to time constrictions because of the maintenances got screwed.
  • YxarYxar
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited September 2016
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Yxar
    Yxar said:

Thanks!!!! :D
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    edited September 2016
    VinhsanityMS

Exactly why there should be accommodation of some sort. The MMF event requires participation in all 7 days to get the first DJ Chair. People who were banned or couldn't play due to time constrictions because of the maintenances got screwed.
    The maint itself was only two hours so I doubt that stopped anyone.

But it's safe to say that anyone who got banned for sure didn't get enough time to do much since even if they checked constantly if they were unbanned it would probably have been too late. I didn't bother checking till the next day cause when it comes to these kinds of things it usually saves you alot of grief to just give them plenty of time to resolve the issue before touching the game again.