[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else NOT looking forward to Pathfinder?

AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
Reactions: 770
edited May 2019 in General Chat
Now, this is going to sound kinda bad and doom and gloom but hear me out...

I’ve just returned to MS after taking a pretty huge break. I came back briefly for Cadena or whatever her name is, but I haven’t SERIOUSLY played since making my new DW main back when Cygnus Knights just got their revamp. Now, I was fortunate enough to have gone through Singapore at that point, and get things like the Ghost Ship badge with potentials on it. This badge makes up a HUGE chunk of my range, and I don’t think it would be possible for me to find anything remotely close to being an upgrade over it.

Now, I only just recently found out that not only has Singapore been removed, and as such Ghost Ship, but also that badges as we know them now are getting removed to be more in line with KMS.

This has made me NOT look forward to Pathfinder. I was thinking about trying a new main through the burning event, and then try Pathfinder and see if maybe THAT would be my new main (some issues with my internet now compared to back then makes it kinda hard to play DW), but I would be giving up a huge % of stat by NOT being able to get the Ghost Ship badge again.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone else NOT wanting to play and invest in a new class because of this? Surely I can’t be alone.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019
    While it is discouraging, I try and have hope that Sengoku badge MAYBE will come back, although my second main would be my Ark and I would go ham on that event.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2019
    Now, this is going to sound kinda bad and doom and gloom but hear me out...

I’ve just returned to MS after taking a pretty huge break. I came back briefly for Cadena or whatever her name is, but I haven’t SERIOUSLY played since making my new DW main back when Cygnus Knights just got their revamp. Now, I was fortunate enough to have gone through Singapore at that point, and get things like the Ghost Ship badge with potentials on it. This badge makes up a HUGE chunk of my range, and I don’t think it would be possible for me to find anything remotely close to being an upgrade over it.

Now, I only just recently found out that not only has Singapore been removed, and as such Ghost Ship, but also that badges as we know them now are getting removed to be more in line with KMS.

This has made me NOT look forward to Pathfinder. I was thinking about trying a new main through the burning event, and then try Pathfinder and see if maybe THAT would be my new main (some issues with my internet now compared to back then makes it kinda hard to play DW), but I would be giving up a huge % of stat by NOT being able to get the Ghost Ship badge again.

Anyone else having this problem? Anyone else NOT wanting to play and invest in a new class because of this? Surely I can’t be alone.

lol not really. Sure it sucks big time that potable badge is gone, but that doesn't really have to do with enjoying a new class. I, for one, is looking forward to playing copy pasted skills of Pathfinder xD.
    luna02
  • AlexUshimatoAlexUshimato
    edited May 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    I, for one, is looking forward to playing copy pasted skills of Pathfinder xD.

Copy pasted skills? I havne’t seen too much of Pathfinder nor do I play archers ever so what do you mean by that?

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited May 2019

Copy pasted skills? I havne’t seen too much of Pathfinder nor do I play archers ever so what do you mean by that?

It started off as minor criticism in kms because the first pathfinder skill showcase video had several skill effects that were similar to other jobs' skills (WA's howling gale and trifling winds, Mercedes' Irkalla's wrath, Marksman's piercing arrow, Mihile's shield of light and etc) and PF was memed to be "mixed breed". Then it became dead serious and hilarious outcry when players found out that they actually did copy&pasted skill coding for WA's howling gale to PF's raven tempest skill, which resulted in raven tempest having same # of hit bugs as howling gale. It pretty much confirmed that devs actually did straight up copy and pasted other job's skill to new job's skill and simply changed design detail.
    YinYangXluna02
    edited May 2019

It started off as criticism in kms because the first pathfinder skill showcase video had several skill effects that were similar to other jobs' skills (WA's howling gale and trifling winds, Mercedes' Irkalla's wrath, Marksman's piercing arrow, Mihile's shield of light and etc) and PF was memed to be "mixed breed". Then it became dead serious and hilarious outcry when players found out that they actually did copy&pasted skill coding for WA's howling gale to PF's raven tempest skill, which resulted in raven tempest having same # of hit bugs as howling gale. It pretty much confirmed that devs actually did straight up copy and pasted other job's skill to new job's skill and simply changed design detail.

I’d say that gives me less reason to play PF but I haven’t played any archers besides Merc for the link so I guess I can at least think of PF as a sampler platter. xD
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited May 2019
    This pretty much sums it up
    source.gif
    source.gif

source.gif
    source.gif

source.gif
    source.gif
    AlexUshimatoSlicedTimeluna02
    edited May 2019
    Wow that’s... Actually really bad. Guess Nexon is finally running out of class ideas?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Wow that’s... Actually really bad. Guess Nexon is finally running out of class ideas?

I mean, it took them how long to bang together a third explorer archer?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited May 2019
    Please post where you saw that the badges we have already are going to be "removed". I know there was some talk about this, but I had not seen anything that stated that they will be removed from characters that already have them. Also I plan to play the new character just for the Achievement points.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited May 2019

It's a re-skin, just like how almost every class has their own version of Flash Jump (originally exclusive to Hermits (Rogue -> Assassin -> Hermit). There will be other skills, but those are the most notable to make feel you as if Pathfinder won't be unique. And did you really expect that Nexon Korea would still be pumping out fresh, new ideas for a game that's almost 16 years old? Every "new" class is built off of the four original Explorer classes: Warrior, Bowman, Thief, and Magician.

For me, I'm gonna stick with Crossbowman because I've been wanting to make one for a while now, but I might try out Pathfinder because I have some female Bowman equipment saved up.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited May 2019
    MS is dead in the game and in ideas too , PF only is a vil copy of others jobs in skills, the truth not hurt
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited May 2019
    Most people wont even be able to play the class properly since they dont live within 30 feet of Nexon's Servers. Most of us will just job change from one of our currently existing Bowmasters or Marksmen just to get the decent +80 Dex legion tile once job change becomes available for PF. It'll most likely be the marksman sacrificed since BM also gives a DEX legion tile.

It also bums me out that despite the numerous ideas players have given for a 3rd archer in the past, they decide to use another standard bow-type class and rename it as a "cursed bow" weapon type.
    edited May 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Please post where you saw that the badges we have already are going to be "removed". I know there was some talk about this, but I had not seen anything that stated that they will be removed from characters that already have them. Also I plan to play the new character just for the Achievement points.

I’ll try and find something here in a minute, but for starters, they removed Singapore which means Ghost Ship Exorcist badge is no longer available. I believe badge removal mostly revolves around that and the fact that pottable badges will no longer be made available to keep them more in line with KMS badges.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited May 2019
    CrystalOra wrote: »

I’ll try and find something here in a minute, but for starters, they removed Singapore which means Ghost Ship Exorcist badge is no longer available. I believe badge removal mostly revolves around that and the fact that pottable badges will no longer be made available to keep them more in line with KMS badges.

That's just one instance. I think CrystalOra thought you were making a generalization, claiming that all other existing badges that don't exist in KMS but do exist in GMS, will be removed in the near future. A major factor as to why Singapore was removed is because botters/hackers practically populated all channels for MP3 and inside the Ghost Ship itself.

I sure do miss battling against Capt. Latanica and Krexel though. And remember when Truckers gave the same amount of EXP as Dead Scarecrows did? Those were the good days of post-BB. Players level 40+ would train at Haunted House until they hit level 130 or above.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2019
    Every new class is basically just a potential link mule for me
    edited May 2019
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Every new class is basically just a potential link mule for me

That’s where I’m getting to at this point. Even with classes I have like Evan where I have GSE and a perma heart and decent gear, having to re-do things like Arcane River and start my AbsoLab grind over just really makes me not want to play them outside of links and legion...