[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is your fav class and why?

ange1DoIIange1DoII
Reactions: 1,495
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in General Chat
I love my Wind Archer (210) because i find it easier to attack monsters in the map, and even-though i have tried all different classes, WA is the best class i can find suit to my liking, eventhough i suck in all chaos (Excluding Chaos HT) and I suck hell mode of Gollux (makes me nervous coz I can't attack at bottom i have tried unless anyone has tips minus the Emerald flower.....

Comments

• ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited September 2016
    Jett.
    I dont know why i like it,just because its the first class i chose when starting MS like 3-4 years ago
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    ThrillersVN

Jett.
    A what?
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited September 2016
    Its not funny when using the Twitch emoticons like that
    Bahamut_XYawniLilyflower
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    ThrillersVN

Its not funny when using the Twitch emoticons like that
    all depends on your sense of humor.

anywho my favorites bowmaster, been a bowmen for god knows how many years and i still love it to this day.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Angelic Buster! I always did sorta like playing uncommon-ish classes. It's why I played xbowman way back in the day. Though with so many classes now, there are a lot of classes you don't normally see too much of lol. AB's also cute, flashy, and mobile. And has a great questline to follow. I even SS'd all the dialogue so I can reread it for lulz any time lol. Though I do that for every class I play.
    ange1DoIIyougurt
  • LæfyLæfy
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited September 2016
    Jett!! its so pretty ^>^
    ange1DoII
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited September 2016
    After around 8 years of trying almost all the classes, I've settled on Shadower being my favorite. Super mobile, cool skills, not too many buffs, and Dark Sight is super useful for when I want to explore without getting murdered by monsters I'm too low leveled to kill. I usually like to play mages so I wasn't expecting to fall in love with a thief class like I did, but I went from just leveling my Shad because I'd spent money on cosmetics for it and didn't want to put the character to waste to adoring it more than anything else.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • YawniYawni
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Dual Blade.
    I like all the thief jobs, but Dual Blade is my fav.

Dual Blade, is mostly because of the dual wielding. I love that.
    Generally I like thieves because of their nice mobility, high avoidability, decent damage, and just "ninja" themed.

Dual Blade had several unique skills when it came out, like slash/bloody storm, flying assaulter and tornado spin.
    How can you not Love that??
    Now they also have a really nice skill called Blade Ascension, which like you attack while jumping upwards.
    Which is nice for some maps while grinding, if you hit high enough as the skill is onyl 175% dmg.

Mobility, avoidability, and cool skills is main reason why I play Dual Blade.
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Definitely battle mage for me.
    Fell in love with them since they came out in big bang patch and never let it go.
    Were closed ranged mage with great avoid , and really high HP. Were a jack of all trade which kinda reminds of myself hahaha.
    Were good at everything but we don't excel at anything .
    And I really love the aura system, we have a aura for each situation we find ourself in.
    MaryseTimeKarmachelchelsHungry4Pizza
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited September 2016
    Niightseeker

After around 8 years of trying almost all the classes, I've settled on Shadower being my favorite. Super mobile, cool skills, not too many buffs, and Dark Sight is super useful for when I want to explore without getting murdered by monsters I'm too low leveled to kill. I usually like to play mages so I wasn't expecting to fall in love with a thief class like I did, but I went from just leveling my Shad because I'd spent money on cosmetics for it and didn't want to put the character to waste to adoring it more than anything else.
    Hey!!! Same story but the difference is I went from F/P Arch Mage to Dual Blade after 5 years which was right before Big Bang. :)
    Niightseeker
  • SqampSqamp
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited September 2016
    Battle Mage! I love telecast. I also really enjoy the fact that we only have 2 damage buffs (if we choose to use both of them, but we usually only use one because yellow aura is superior to dark aura), so our range isn't super inflated. What you see is what you get. It feels easier to improve your range because of this.

My only complaint is the lack of useful hyper skills. I wish we got a +1 line on our main attack or even our teleport.
    MaryseTimeKarma
  • PikariePikarie
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Sqamp
    Sqamp said:

Battle Mage! I love telecast. I also really enjoy the fact that we only have 2 damage buffs (if we choose to use both of them, but we usually only use one because yellow aura is superior to dark aura), so our range isn't super inflated. What you see is what you get. It feels easier to improve your range because of this.

My only complaint is the lack of useful hyper skills. I wish we got a +1 line on our main attack or even our teleport.
    i think were doing ok with our hypers.
    we got implemented hyper into finishing blow itself, the 20% crit and 20% PDR.
    and we also get 1 more line on finishing blow via master of death hyper, albeit only for 30 seconds, but its still something.
    and during 5th job we get our long awaited union aura back that will change our blows animation and lines.
    the only time i find myself using dark aura is when i want to maximize my dps by aura swapping.
    yellow aura is my personal favorite with debuff at bossing
  • Warlocked200Warlocked200
    Reactions: 580
    edited September 2016
    I like classes that have more than 1 mobbing ability so Zeros hit home for me.
    I just love how mobile they are and the fact that I don't have to re-buff every 3 minutes is a great plus too.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016

Battle Mage!

I tried making it all fancy and in the middle, but it didn't work. I don't know how this HTML thing works.

But anyway. I've mained a Battle Mage since they came out in December 2010.
    I think they're the most balanced class out there and you can do pretty good damage with them.
    They have a great party buff (the auras, which I still wish had a greater range), party shield that now is effective against % attacks, 1vs1 buff for bosses, the teleport is OP when mixed with Dark Shock, high HP, high MP, stance. What's not to love?!
    SqampTimeKarma
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited September 2016
    Phantom because of the fluidity and versatility of the class. Sure it's hard to fund to a point where you'll see those high numbers, but it's so rewarding.
    And if you get bored you can always just switch out your skills and go full support. I also love the theme of the class and the fact that I can cherrypick explorer skills without having to play an explorer (arrow platter is great, but I don't enjoy bowmasters, etc).
    They have a long distance tele (Shroud Walk), a backstep (Penombre) and double flashjump. And a movable 3-line hurricane burst (Tempest). Can steal monsters' DR and defense-ups.
    And stealing hypers is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sign me up for that paladin godmode hyper, yes please. Arkarium who??

I love my class.
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited September 2016
    Lumi; mainly because I love the main attack colours blue & purple ^_^ lol its playing style is boring at times but also quite fun at the same time :P second to that has to be Beast Tamers; I just love all the different modes we can play on wish we'd be able to pick more than 2 but hey lol it's playing style takes some time getting used too but otherwise its such a fun and cute class
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xenon
    It is currently my second main, but I love it more than my primary character. I find xenon to be a very versatile class because they have multiple ways of mobbing and great bossing ability. They also have stance and nice mobility. Something that I haven't noticed other players do is use the 2nd job attack skill for upwards mobility (the name escapes me at the moment).
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited September 2016
    I love playing Shade since their skills look beautiful and they have Soul Split, which is extremely useful in most boss situations (especially when I get a carry since I can actually help >.>).
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    Shade and Evan are my top two, followed closely by NL and maybe Aran.

To keep it short, I mained Shade for two years, got bored, moved to Evan following the revamps earlier this summer and enjoyed the hell out of it.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited September 2016
    Even though I main a Bishop, and don't get me wrong, I LOVE Bishops, my favorite classes might actually be Wind Archer, Wild Hunter, and Phantom. They've all got great mobility and Wind Archer's damage isn't too bad and I like how you can distract monsters with the emerald crystal.

For Wild Hunter, I remember back when Resistance first released and I was caught between WH and BaM. I wanted to play WH more because you could ride a jaguar and attack while moving, but BaM was a mage and by that sheer principle, I must play it. In the end I chose WH because it looked cooler and I'm recently learning to fall in love with WH again.

And while Phantom requires an absurd amount of funding to get high damage, I find that I kind of enjoy the challenge of getting her gear and scrolls and then watching her output damage after I equip her with new shiny things, haha.
    scholar624