[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

6/12/19 Unscheduled Maintenance Notice

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited June 2019 in Announcements
Hello!
We plan to have Unscheduled Maintenance today at 3:00 PM PDT.

PDT (UTC -7): 3:00 PM

What will be unavailable:
- All MapleStory game servers.

We apologize for the sudden notice!

Webpost for updates >> http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/50204/updated-june-12-7-58-pm-pdt-unscheduled-maintenance-june-12-2019
MorningAfterSeven

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Will you be sharing what went balls-up afterward? Usually when an unscheduled maintenance goes up with the fix as "we'll tell you later" it's something broken in a hilariously bad way
    MorningAfterSevenAndromedyReigningDemonTTVNoComparisxnHHG1
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited June 2019
    I know one of Kanna's newly modified skills caused me to disconnect on three separate occasions, at least.
  • AhSaNovaAhSaNova
    Reactions: 625
    edited June 2019
    went it is playable?
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited June 2019
    Are we going to get compensation for Fury Totems wasting their timers?
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2019
    That would explain why the launcher stopped at 73%.
    Hope it hasn't ruined the installation @.@

9Z4Id4n.png
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited June 2019
    Still no visibility as to why this unscheduled maintenance came about? With no time slated for the end, you'd think this kind of transparency would at least be given by now.
  • bahamutxzer0bahamutxzer0
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2019
    Hm nothing like waiting around at work all day excited to come home to an unscheduled maintenance.. it seems to never fail to happen with these big updates.
  • DiscoDisco
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2019
    TsukiBaka wrote: »
    Still no visibility as to why this unscheduled maintenance came about? With no time slated for the end, you'd think this kind of transparency would at least be given by now.

Transparency would mean they would have to fix everything they say they will even when they can't :O god forbid that ever happening, like the real reason why we don't have Ghost Ship Badges anymore.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    TsukiBaka wrote: »

Usually unscheduled maintenance with no reason given under "changes and updates" is for something that was broken in a really bad, or really exploitable, way. I'd bet money that their stupid furry totems were giving frenzy-level effects or something lmao
  • Savvy64Savvy64
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2019
    How long is the server maintenance going to last it has been almost 3 hours now.
  • DienstagDienstag
    Reactions: 820
    edited June 2019
    well problem is there is no public test realm before big patches go live
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited June 2019
    "several more hours" from the update notes just now, lmao
  • iVolciVolc
    edited June 2019
    Main site just updated at 17:55 (PST) mentioning several more hours of downtime, swapping to Nintendo Switch :P
  • ReigningDemonReigningDemon
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Hello, I was wondering about my Pathfinder gift box. Unfortunately for me, the expiration date timer for my pathfinder gift box will run out during this long maintenance. Is there any way I can get this back? Like for everyone who's box ran out today, we can get it back? I just don't want to come back and realize that it's gone. All because of the unscheduled maintenance. Please respond.
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited June 2019
    Come on guys, remember when we had a 6 hours patch that turned in a 24 hours one?
    Get some sleep, paint, read a book, find a partner. :)
    SwornKnight
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    Come on guys, remember when we had a 6 hours patch that turned in a 24 hours one?

This, unfortunate as it may be to some, is the best course of action right now. Shelve whatever intents you had in this game for the rest of the night(or day wherever you may be) and find another use for your time.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • CrsCrs
    Reactions: 790
    edited June 2019

I remember the day when all nexon servers were down more then 24hours.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Reactions: 2,075
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    The problem was using FSR Ring after getting MVP Coupon used btw everyone. Pretty sure there is other bugs and fixes but thats probably the main reason.
    When getting MVPed then going to the map and using FSR it automatically disconnects you.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2019
    they wont explain they never did unless its common issue to prevent further abuse
    and you cant ask-blame on transparency in this case (its nexon interest aswell maplestory to be up as much as without their intervention)

am glad there is Unscheduled Maintenance and hope it didnt get widespread alot
    (also hope for real compesation.... that never happends but oh well #GMS)
  • SushiSquidSushiSquid
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2019
    There should be a forum game for when MS is down. Save the (Class) or somesuch.
    MorningAfterSeven