[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game not completing connection

CarlacCarlac
Reactions: 1,060
edited June 2019 in Tech Support
Last night after I started MapleStory and the launcher updated. Since then the game goes through the entire loading process until I select a character. The games attempts to connect to a server (I play on Bellocon) but then crashes. I tried restarting the computer, reloading the launcher and going through the game repair process through the launcher but the failure to connect remains a problem. Frustrating to say the least. Any suggestions out there?
DayZero

Comments

• SushiSquidSushiSquid
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2019
    Similar boat. Been trying to play since the big update, Maplestory crashes within 20 seconds of getting to the server menu. Used to not get any message, or an error code, but now I only get a debug option from Windows.
  • MyKannaMyKanna
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    Same here. Loading, click Reboot on Europe Server, goes black and game crashed. No error. Restart computer doesnt work either.
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited June 2019
    Carlac wrote: »
    Last night after I started MapleStory and the launcher updated. Since then the game goes through the entire loading process until I select a character. The games attempts to connect to a server (I play on Bellocon) but then crashes. I tried restarting the computer, reloading the launcher and going through the game repair process through the launcher but the failure to connect remains a problem. Frustrating to say the least. Any suggestions out there?

if you ever get a chance on again why not join my guild! I'm working on nova classes right now, but both connected through same Guild Union!
  • VerosesVeroses
    Reactions: 700
    edited June 2019
    Same problem here. I can select a character, but then the game closes. No error, no message. Restarting my computer doesn't work either.
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited June 2019
    I was able to see a message like "NPC ID : (some numbers)" at character selection page before the game close.
  • Deadly_ArrowsDeadly_Arrows
    Reactions: 1,400
    edited June 2019
    I kept trying while posting some messages here on forum and since I was not too quick to take a screeenshot of that NPC ID message, I was about to record the thing, and finally for the video it worked lol. I changed nothing, no restart, no reinstall, etc...
    Maybe someone is looking here to unlock people ?!
  • h0lyicdragonh0lyicdragon
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2019
    if you're receiving NPC ID msg in an instant before the game closes the only fix for now is deleting a character, NPC ID msg will appear when "create a character" finishes loading in the client.
  • MyKannaMyKanna
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2019
    Again, game loading and when i select a channel, game crashes. Not any solution works. Anyone with same problem today?