[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Merge FAQ

Comments

• PureRoyalNativePureRoyalNative
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited June 2019
    [/quote]

Although I to wanted to keep the old names, and I wish they wouldn't be so aggressive with the world merge. Limiting the game down to Reboot and only 4 worlds seems too extreme.

I was happy to find out there are others who have played Maplestory a long time. Although this is probably the worst time in Maplestory history; a time when some of the oldest memories will probably be lost.

I have loved Maplestory from the first day I played it and miss it when I don't play it for a long time.[/quote]

I agree with the shock of going from 17 worlds to 4 but I will say again that I am excited about this merger. I am just sad that everyone else seems to think this is going to ruin the game. I also miss playing the game right now and have for the past few months because none of the events have captured my attention. With a new character coming out I will be getting back into it and I look forward to playing with all the other people who decide to stick around. I have been playing since 2006 and have seen this game change a lot over the years and I believe for the better. I would not want to go back to the way the game use to be because I felt like you had to do so much more work for much less of a reward. I still have yet to get a character to Lev200 because of people pushing me aside when I enter a screen with them. I am a player who loves to party with others and help each other to complete goals and just level grind in general. I only wish more people wanted this too.
    PsychopompSentinel
  • KawaLightningKawaLightning
    Reactions: 365
    edited June 2019

Although I to wanted to keep the old names, and I wish they wouldn't be so aggressive with the world merge. Limiting the game down to Reboot and only 4 worlds seems too extreme.

I was happy to find out there are others who have played Maplestory a long time. Although this is probably the worst time in Maplestory history; a time when some of the oldest memories will probably be lost.

I have loved Maplestory from the first day I played it and miss it when I don't play it for a long time.[/quote]

I agree with the shock of going from 17 worlds to 4 but I will say again that I am excited about this merger. I am just sad that everyone else seems to think this is going to ruin the game. I also miss playing the game right now and have for the past few months because none of the events have captured my attention. With a new character coming out I will be getting back into it and I look forward to playing with all the other people who decide to stick around. I have been playing since 2006 and have seen this game change a lot over the years and I believe for the better. I would not want to go back to the way the game use to be because I felt like you had to do so much more work for much less of a reward. I still have yet to get a character to Lev200 because of people pushing me aside when I enter a screen with them. I am a player who loves to party with others and help each other to complete goals and just level grind in general. I only wish more people wanted this too.
    [/quote]

I also love to party with others but sometimes I want time to myself to explore and see how far I can go before the monsters become deadly; but sometimes I like to quest and see what the story offers. There is someone I know who feels I should straight up train but sometimes I get bored with that; following good training areas are good for leveling when you feel stuck, and it works to brake through hard slow downs in leveling but sometime I can't help but to drop the training spots and do my own thing. Some times I find a slightly better area for a character who seems to struggle with a good training spot and other time I learn that there is not a better spot in sight that I have found yet. But if I get bored I do what I want and drop training guides for a while; but most of my experience for a long time has been Khaini so I haven't seen many a parties in a long time. I got one this year but it was short lived. When I first started playing I joined parties a lot I do miss that but still I don't fully like this merger of worlds. I think it would have been better to merge the newer worlds into the older worlds and kept names of the older worlds.
    PureRoyalNativeTachikawaHiyoko
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Let's be real here, the game already only had seven separate worlds, just with the alliance worlds it looked like there were more than what was really there.

iVOPUto.png

It's 7 to 4, not 18 to 4. The alliance worlds are one server with six(or two for broa/khaini) access points. All this amounts to is getting rid of three servers and cleaning up the world list.
    PureRoyalNativePsychopompSentinel
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Let's be real here, the game already only had seven separate worlds, just with the alliance worlds it looked like there were more than what was really there.

iVOPUto.png

It's 7 to 4, not 18 to 4. The alliance worlds are one server with six(or two for broa/khaini) access points. All this amounts to is getting rid of three servers and cleaning up the world list.

I don't understand the Alliance worlds thing, maybe I missed something. Or didn't understand what Alliance Worlds were. Um Reboot is so full they need a second one. Maybe call it Reboot _______ some name here.
    PureRoyalNative
    edited June 2019

iVOPUto.png

Thanks for the Info because I never fully understood what the world connections really meant except for the auction houses being linked.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited June 2019
    I don't understand the Alliance worlds thing, maybe I missed something. Or didn't understand what Alliance Worlds were. Um Reboot is so full they need a second one. Maybe call it Reboot _______ some name here.
    Thanks for the Info because I never fully understood what the world connections really meant except for the auction houses being linked.

It means just what I said. The alliance worlds are single servers with multiple points of entry. Six in the case of grazed and mybckn, and two for broa/khaini.
    edited June 2019
    It means just what I said. The alliance worlds are single servers with multiple points of entry. Six in the case of grazed and mybckn, and two for broa/khaini.[/quote]

I am glad they are cleaning it up then.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited June 2019
    Hello!
    We apologize for the delay. Here are our responses to your questions.

You mention "if players purchased storage slots, they will be Compensated accordingly. Well what about characters slots that were purchased??

Yes, the process will be the same as that of the purchased storage slots. Players who purchased the character slots through the cash shop will be compensated according to the policy. We plan to provide more detailed information concerning this case once we finalize the plan.

ResaikLuna wrote: »
    "The maximum character slot will be increased to 50 for all worlds after the world merge update."

Does this also apply for Luna? The europe server?

Yes, max character slot will be increased to 50 with the World Merge update and this will be equally applied to all worlds in NA and EU regions.

noldyb wrote: »
    My question is about character slots.
    I understand, a max of 50 will be available on the merged worlds, however, my unused character slots across the different worlds total to well above 50. Does that mean that as soon as the worlds merge, I will have all 50 slots available to me, or will I have as many slots as I currently have characters? Or something different still?

Since players in the merged world have different character slot situations, we are still trying to come up with a better way to deal with the character slot count. We will provide an update once we finalize the plan.

@Ghiblee thank you for making a post and I hope we will start seeing some answers once the fixes for our buggy Pathfinder patch have been completed.

My concern is same as first comment: will we be able to keep our Monster Collection progress? I've been slowly accruing my collection and am so close to 600. It would hurt like hell to lose this progress. Even though the FAQ official notes has a section called:
    What will happen to things that are shared across characters on a world, such as shared storage, Cash Shop, Monster Collection, and link skills?
    it is missing any information about Monster Collection.

I am especially worried after this Pathfinder patch where people in alliance worlds cannot see aspects of Legion content unless they are in the 'lead' world of each alliance (Broa, Demethos, Bellocan). This is not the first time it has happened to the alliance worlds after a patch. I hope this will not be the way Monster Collection is treated after the merge; please let everyone keep what we've worked for, regardless of which world we originally played in.

Account-shared data, like Monster Collection, will be saved between the existing worlds. However, due to the complexity of the merge for the account-shared data, there is a small chance that the saved data would not be that of the most progressed.

Additional Answers:
    World Leap/Transfer event:
    We currently don’t have plans for a World Leap but we will let our players know ahead of time if we plan to have this event.

Will the Rewards Shop Purchase limit be reset with the merge?
    The Rewards Shop Purchase limit will not be reset with the world merge and the reset will take place with the start of the new month in September. For this August, players will only be able to purchase the Rewards Shop items with their current monthly limit until the World Merge Update date. Rewards Shop will temporarily be closed from the World Merge Update date until September 1st. Please note that we are targeting our World Merge Update in the last week of August. Since this is the case, we recommend that all players purchase all the items they need prior to the World Merge Update. We plan to have an announcement/reminder closer to to the Update.

We hope this answered some of the questions you had!
    If you have additional questions, please feel free to comment. :)
    Thank you!
    AggraphinePureRoyalNativeCatharanthuspommepouffeHHG1PsychopompSentinelscholar624
    edited June 2019
    Ghiblee wrote: »
    Hello!
    We apologize for the delay. Here are our responses to your questions.

You mention "if players purchased storage slots, they will be Compensated accordingly. Well what about characters slots that were purchased??

Yes, the process will be the same as that of the purchased storage slots. Players who purchased the character slots through the cash shop will be compensated according to the policy. We plan to provide more detailed information concerning this case once we finalize the plan.

ResaikLuna wrote: »
    "The maximum character slot will be increased to 50 for all worlds after the world merge update."

Does this also apply for Luna? The europe server?

Yes, max character slot will be increased to 50 with the World Merge update and this will be equally applied to all worlds in NA and EU regions.

noldyb wrote: »
    My question is about character slots.
    I understand, a max of 50 will be available on the merged worlds, however, my unused character slots across the different worlds total to well above 50. Does that mean that as soon as the worlds merge, I will have all 50 slots available to me, or will I have as many slots as I currently have characters? Or something different still?

Since players in the merged world have different character slot situations, we are still trying to come up with a better way to deal with the character slot count. We will provide an update once we finalize the plan.

@Ghiblee thank you for making a post and I hope we will start seeing some answers once the fixes for our buggy Pathfinder patch have been completed.

My concern is same as first comment: will we be able to keep our Monster Collection progress? I've been slowly accruing my collection and am so close to 600. It would hurt like hell to lose this progress. Even though the FAQ official notes has a section called:
    What will happen to things that are shared across characters on a world, such as shared storage, Cash Shop, Monster Collection, and link skills?
    it is missing any information about Monster Collection.

I am especially worried after this Pathfinder patch where people in alliance worlds cannot see aspects of Legion content unless they are in the 'lead' world of each alliance (Broa, Demethos, Bellocan). This is not the first time it has happened to the alliance worlds after a patch. I hope this will not be the way Monster Collection is treated after the merge; please let everyone keep what we've worked for, regardless of which world we originally played in.

Account-shared data, like Monster Collection, will be saved between the existing worlds. However, due to the complexity of the merge for the account-shared data, there is a small chance that the saved data would not be that of the most progressed.

Additional Answers:
    World Leap/Transfer event:
    We currently don’t have plans for a World Leap but we will let our players know ahead of time if we plan to have this event.

Will the Rewards Shop Purchase limit be reset with the merge?
    The Rewards Shop Purchase limit will not be reset with the world merge and the reset will take place with the start of the new month in September. For this August, players will only be able to purchase the Rewards Shop items with their current monthly limit until the World Merge Update date. Rewards Shop will temporarily be closed from the World Merge Update date until September 1st. Please note that we are targeting our World Merge Update in the last week of August. Since this is the case, we recommend that all players purchase all the items they need prior to the World Merge Update. We plan to have an announcement/reminder closer to to the Update.

We hope this answered some of the questions you had!
    If you have additional questions, please feel free to comment. :)
    Thank you!

Thank you for clearing a few things up! Looking forward to the merge!!!
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited June 2019
    @Ghiblee Thank you very much for the response.

This part is a little worrying:
    However, due to the complexity of the merge for the account-shared data, there is a small chance that the saved data would not be that of the most progressed.

I hope you guys working on the patch can find a way to mitigate this. I don't like the sound of losing my almost-600 Monster Collection, no matter how small the chance. T.T

What will happen if the saved data is not of the most progressed? I assume you mean that instead of, for example, your 200 collection in one world counting, you get the 5 collection you had in a different world instead. If this small chance were to happen, would you have any way of restoring the data to characters who are affected? Would I be increasing my chances at restoring my progress by taking a video of its current progression before the world merge update?
    PureRoyalNativeYakudle
  • KivuliiKivulii
    Reactions: 520
    edited June 2019
    Having played Maple since the beginning, and maining on Broa for... a very long time now, it'll be nice to see other players again. This empty world stuff isn't very fun.
    PsychopompSentinelBenjii699
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    what going to happen to channels after world merge ? potential increase?
    why dont open world transfer aswell or a option to select before merge in what from the 2 world we can go ?

or is it going to be just copy-paste data from all 17 worlds and squeeze to 2 worlds :( and hope there is no data corruption (most like it will be ....)
  • FatJdWuFatJdWu
    Can someone Explain me the Messorate with lvl different and did get the Droprate or Messorate at byebye Nerfed last week i did 9 mill per Min and now 6 mill per min
  • ZakurnZakurn
    Reactions: 100
    Not really about world merge, but I wanted to know if there is any possibility to migrate characters from one region to another. I came back to the game recently and I used to play on the Europe region and that region may as well be dead, there is no social play there and my strongest and beloved characters are stuck there. I really wanted to move all my characters to the North america region so that I can experience the full Maple experience. I'm sorry for posting this here, but I don't really know where I was to supposed to post.
    edited July 2019
    I feel upset there are so many events for making new characters advance faster, but what I really need is to move characters from certain worlds to less full worlds so they won't be deleted because I'd rather work on the I have, and spent my NX on than to delete them and star anew. I just want to keep my characters I have. I don't care about making new characters when I have so many characters I want to keep. This world merger stuff is so messed up when all event want to add new characters instead of letting us who wants to keep our characters have a way to keep our characters. I have been so upset that I stopped playing after I got my highest character to Lv. 160 and only once or twice touched the new pathfinder class after it opened up. And I was planning on playing the game more. Seriously bothered to death over this matter. It's not like I can get back the time, and money I spent getting my characters the hair I wanted to have away to make many of them have a new look. I spent that time and money so I could always know that the characters I make are special and I wouldn't just delete them without reason because I don't like deleting without reason. But a world merger is not reason enough to delete the characters I made. Sure not all of them are high levels yet but that doesn't mean I want to delete them I want to spend time on them all. I am not a person who is quick to delete characters and some characters I have collected higher level items for when they advance. And having as many characters as I have it's hard to figure everything out and decide who to delete and who to keep when I really don't want to delete unless I am ready and willing to delete a character. So yeah right now I feel vexed by this matter.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    I feel upset there are so many events for making new characters advance faster, but what I really need is to move characters from certain worlds to less full worlds so they won't be deleted because I'd rather work on the characters I have, and spent my NX on than to delete them and star anew. I just want to keep my characters I have. I don't care about making new characters when I have so many characters I want to keep. This world merger stuff is so messed up when all event want to add new characters instead of letting us who wants to keep our characters have a way to keep our characters. I have been so upset that I stopped playing after I got my highest character to Lv. 160 and only once or twice touched the new pathfinder class after it opened up. And I was planning on playing the game more. Seriously bothered to death over this matter.

Unless you somehow have more than 50 characters spread across one of the alliance worlds while also having your highest be nowhere near 200, I doubt this is going to affect you as much as you think it is.

And I can tell you right now, if they allow world transfers at any point leading up to, or even shortly after, the planned merges, it will result in the newly-merged worlds being just as dead, if not worse, than the currently non-merged worlds are. It happened in msea. They allowed world transfers in the lead-up to a planned world merge, and now the newly-merged world is as dead as any one of the six or seven worlds that existed in the pre-merge alliance.
    edited July 2019
    I feel upset there are so many events for making new characters advance faster, but what I really need is to move characters from certain worlds to less full worlds so they won't be deleted because I'd rather work on the characters I have, and spent my NX on than to delete them and star anew. I just want to keep my characters I have. I don't care about making new characters when I have so many characters I want to keep. This world merger stuff is so messed up when all event want to add new characters instead of letting us who wants to keep our characters have a way to keep our characters. I have been so upset that I stopped playing after I got my highest character to Lv. 160 and only once or twice touched the new pathfinder class after it opened up. And I was planning on playing the game more. Seriously bothered to death over this matter.

Unless you somehow have more than 50 characters spread across one of the alliance worlds while also having your highest be nowhere near 200, I doubt this is going to affect you as much as you think it is.

And I can tell you right now, if they allow world transfers at any point leading up to, or even shortly after, the planned merges, it will result in the newly-merged worlds being just as dead, if not worse, than the currently non-merged worlds are. It happened in msea. They allowed world transfers in the lead-up to a planned world merge, and now the newly-merged world is as dead as any one of the six or seven worlds that existed in the pre-merge alliance.

Now the thing is I have over 80 characters in the world 1 of the world soon to be merged and over 60 in the other worlds soon to me merged and only. 11 in scania, and 23 in Bera so I have more than the allowed 50 for the worlds soon to be merged to make 2 new worlds from. 15 current worlds planned to be merged and I don't care if I have yet to be level 200 I go to work during the daytime and only really get to play after work or on weekends. I am not a level maniac like most people I like to play for fun. It seems so rude that most people think it doesn't matter if you are not level 200 or above messed up seriously I still put hours into the game. And so now I'm just going to be left with my characters disappearing whether or no I like it. All I wanted was to be able to move my overflow characters into Scania and Bera.

So I'm just going to be left to have 4o of my characters vanish with out hope. Well I guess I'm just wasting my time hoping for help; will we get the option to move characters that pass the 50 character limit after the world merger or have I been wasting my time and effort hoping the game company cares about the players.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Merge is still overhaul good for the game's health in the long term
    edited July 2019
    Well then 50 characters limit is too small seriously I have no wish to move my best characters to Bera or Scania because that deletes originality of those characters but moving some of my other characters I made especially characters I played for a while but forgot which world they were in because I made characters in so many worlds. Well I guess playing for around 13 years doesn't matter at all. And to think I like this game. And I don't matter huh?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Well they certainly shouldn't slam the brakes on something that will benefit the game in the long-term because a dozen people might be mildly inconvenienced by it