[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Chaos Pink Bean and Madman Ranmaru

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Ever since the update, did you feel that Madman got more HP and has gotten more difficult. It has been a while since he summoned his minions to bind, heal and make fire pillars. I also feel that Chaos Pink Bean has became beefier in terms of HP even though his body count went from 14 to 4. Is anyone pissed with these changes?

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    https://maplestory.fandom.com/wiki/Pink_Bean show that Chaos Pink Bean total HP was increased by 20%. Think of it as some of the missing HP from statue being transferred over to Pink Bean to balanced out the entire thing having significantly less total HP.
    Pre-revamp total HP: (5*8.4b) + (4*8.4b) + (3*12.6b) +(2*12.6b) + 16.8b + 58.8b = 214.2b
    Post-revamp total HP: 21b + 21b + 23.1b + 23.1b + 42b + 70.35b = 137.235b

Combat analysis shows each HP bar of Madman Ranmaru is still 2.1b.
    Madman Ranmaru has a natural HP regen of 100m every 10 seconds and has never changed, so if you are spending more time not attacking due to his minion, you might notice his HP is higher due to regen. (In the past, the charging fox attack that last 12 second used to instant kill and and is only used when his HP less than 20%, and the regen main purpose is to bring him above the HP threshold so he doesn't spam the attack) (the instant kill attack was broken when sengoku high was first released)
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2019
    All i know is when i went in to fight hard ranmaru i was not prepaired for the changes mainly the flames creeping closer to me as i knocked out his hp bars XD, got to a point i was sitting in the middle of the map nose to nose with his fox LOL.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Krimlock wrote: »
    All i know is when i went in to fight hard ranmaru i was not prepaired for the changes mainly the flames creeping closer to me as i knocked out his hp bars XD, got to a point i was sitting in the middle of the map nose to nose with his fox LOL.

That was actually a fix. That used to be a thing ages ago and it broke at some point probably two years back and they've finally gotten around to fixing it.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Krimlock wrote: »

That was actually a fix. That used to be a thing ages ago and it broke at some point probably two years back and they've finally gotten around to fixing it.

Ahhh i see still scared the crap out of me and my lil sister, we was freaking out XD "Whats going on!?" Why is the exit blocked!?" "Please dont push me into the flames!" it was actually a fun fight! instead of a hp wall lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    There should be little dudes that spawn on the top three platforms; I think one stuns you intermittently, one heals ranmaru and the third(only in madman) causes the fire wall to spread. Kill the fire guy and the wall stops spreading, but doesn't go away.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited June 2019
    The fire pillars closing in on both directs is pretty evil and the fire cannot go away makes it a boss you must take out fast. I wish the fire had a limit to where it can and the fire resets upon killing its caster.
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited June 2019
    What really annoys me about the fire is that it kills me as soon as I re-enter the room after dying. I was able to get back in safely using Zero's Time Holding, but I imagine for most classes the fight would be unwinnable at that point, and the player would also be forced to log out or wait for the timer to run out. They should move the entry point somewhere safer.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2019
    They changed the flames this time around. Originally, they only appeared on the right side, slowing moving toward the left. Now they appear on both sides of the map, which makes it harder to enter the map now.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    They changed the flames this time around. Originally, they only appeared on the right side, slowing moving toward the left. Now they appear on both sides of the map, which makes it harder to enter the map now.

Not harder, it makes it impossible unless you have an i-frame skill. As a Magician, even with Magic Guard, I could not get back into the room unless I used Etheral Form to get past the flame pillars (normally I one-shot Ranmaru, but I wanted to see the flame pillars everyone was talking about). I could not teleport through, I could not take a single hit, nothing I could do would save me. This seems like a huge oversight on Nexon's part and needs to be addressed.
  • YookayYookay
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2019
    Those flames pretty much made re-entering the map impossible and I had to log out to leave the map. Please fix this Nexon!! I was like 2 bars away from killing hard ranmaru
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2019
    I also noticed these bosses have multiple bodies, but no way to count them (you need to know how many Chaos Pink Bean has and go by color for Madman Ranmaru's.) It would be nice if there was a way for them to display the remaining number of bodies similar to Lucid Phase 2 and Hard Lucid Phase 3.