[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

When Are 2x Cash EXP Cards Available for Lvl 250+?

AriesDRXAriesDRX
Reactions: 940
edited June 2019 in General Chat
When are 2x cash coupons going to become available for use after 250?
It's been several months, and we have several 275s already.

Comments

• AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited June 2019
    Bump
  • KishB1shKishB1sh
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2019
    I wonder this too.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    Before, max lv cap was raised to 250 on June 19, 2013, 2x exp cash coupon became available to lv 200-249 on May 19, 2015.

So therefore 2 years in 2021.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Guess we can just play reboot for free permanent 2.3x while nexon continues to leave the servers picking up reboot's tab wish trash exp rates.
  • DienstagDienstag
    Reactions: 820
    edited June 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Guess we can just play reboot for free permanent 2.3x while nexon continues to leave the servers picking up reboot's tab wish trash exp rates.

Reboot was a successful experiment. Spending cash in Reboot is affirmative, it gives you stability and permanence and no negative experiences.

Spending cash regular servers feels like a rat race p2win endless money sink that'll never get you where you want to be without $1000s of funding. or mesos.

Reboot was definitely an experiment on an alternative business model, and it was stupidly popular (all 20 channels are full everyday right now)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Reboot was a successful experiment. Spending cash in Reboot is affirmative, it gives you stability and permanence and no negative experiences.

Spending cash regular servers feels like a rat race p2win endless money sink that'll never get you where you want to be without $1000s of funding. or mesos.

Reboot was definitely an experiment on an alternative business model, and it was stupidly popular (all 20 channels are full everyday right now)

I 100% agree that it's popular, but only nexon knows if it earns enough to sustain itself.

There are two possibilities:

Reboot makes enough money and nexon has been scamming us for years on normal servers.

Normal servers are subsidizing freeloading reboot players.
  • BalmungNLBalmungNL
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

I 100% agree that it's popular, but only nexon knows if it earns enough to sustain itself.

There are two possibilities:

Reboot makes enough money and nexon has been scamming us for years on normal servers.

Normal servers are subsidizing freeloading reboot players.

Seeing as Reboot has more players on at any given time than every other server put together... I'm gonna say the former. :)

Besides, Reboot players still spend money; we just spend it on cosmetics, not cubes. And many Reboot players wouldn't be playing on regular, pay-to-progress servers. So Nexon is just making money on Reboot servers that it wouldn't make if there wasn't a free progression option for this game.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    BalmungNL wrote: »
    Seeing as Reboot has more players on at any given time than every other server put together... I'm gonna say the former. :)

Besides, Reboot players still spend money; we just spend it on cosmetics, not cubes. And many Reboot players wouldn't be playing on regular, pay-to-progress servers. So Nexon is just making money on Reboot servers that it wouldn't make if there wasn't a free progression option for this game.

I'm using your reply to drive my point home in case it wasn't obvious to you or anyone else.

If reboot world is indeed self sustainable, then the pay 2 win model is not necessary.

Nexon can work to make normal world less pay2win and still thrive on cosmetics.