[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do I ACTUALLY solo bosses?

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited September 2019 in General Chat
So I tried to find an answer to it but all people say is: "Just create a party".
And then what? I can create a party by my own. But when I click on a dungeon boss, it still searches for people.
How do I fight, let's say, the Balrog completely solo? I create a party. And then I do.... What exactly?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    What minotaur? And you have to actually go to the place the boss entrance is.
    Jostabeere
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2019
    You're probably using the boss queue feature, which is designed specifically to search for other players and then teleport the party to the boss directly.
    You need to manually go to the boss location on the world map to enter solo.

To fight the Balrog, create a party, then go to the map "Bottom of the Temple" in Sleepywood. You can get there by going to Sleepywood, taking the taxi to Another Door, then following the lower portal down until you hit the bottom.
    Once there, speaking to NPC Mu Young should allow you to enter the Balrog fight (it's either that, or the portal on the left, I forget which).
    JostabeereMawg
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Go to the Party tab and click Create Party. Its usually P on the hotbar. After that you need to go to the boss location on your own.

Jostabeere
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    some bosses need a party

other bosses that dont you need to go where the boss is
    like zakum you can go to el nath and talk to job instructors in the one building to be teleported to entrance map
    and npc at that map will teleport you back

most other bosses req you to actually travel to them
    after that its a matter of your damage range/output and knowledge of the boss mechanics

Jostabeere
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »
    So I tried to find an answer to it but all people say is: "Just create a party".
    And then what? I can create a party by my own. But when I click on a dungeon boss, it still searches for people.
    How do I fight, let's say, the Balrog completely solo? I create a party. And then I do.... What exactly?

You can create a party and only be the one in it and try to fight bosses on your own. You can also que and search for party members to raid bosses. Soloing bosses depends on range and gear. Balrog one of my faves along with ice knight is one of the few easy bosses to beat so thats a good start.

But it be good to watch videos and look at guides as it will show you how to get started.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    Reactions: 650
    edited September 2019
    So I figured out I have to walk there and I'm dumb for not figuring it out myself. Thanks to all. Both the Balrog and Zakun aren't that hard. Zakun just has some BS mechanics.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »
    So I figured out I have to walk there and I'm dumb for not figuring it out myself. Thanks to all. Both the Balrog and Zakun aren't that hard. Zakun just has some BS mechanics.

yeah the changes to zakum while back made him way harder (and next to impossible to farm his summons familiars)

but he isnt as bad as tengu from mushroom shrine tales spaming his 1hit skills and the kb skill right before the purple shield which is start of phase you can damage him... (basically a hit the right keys to damage him disappointed you cant straight up fight tengu with your jobs skills at any-point of the battle)
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    I realize this topic is half a month old, and I'm sure you know more about the game by now. But i felt i had to add a few things about traveling to bosses that for some reason nobody else here mentioned.

First and foremost, the Maple Guide is your friend. Kill enough monsters in certain maps (or complete a questline in certain cases) and you get the stamp for that area in the maple guide. This allows you to teleport in front of or very close to most of the bosses.
    For bosses where the maple guide is useless (Magnus and Gollux come to mind), you still don't have to walk there manually. You use the boss queue feature that searches for other players. You simply ask someone in your guild or alliance to "q" you to a specific boss. Once your guildie helps you in teleporting there, you simply leave the party and create a new one for yourself if you want to solo. This is a common practice, at least in my alliance. The process literally takes seconds, so people are usually more than willing to help.
    If maple guide can't get you close and nobody is willing to q you there, then and only then should you walk there manually. Unless you enjoy sightseeing of course :D
    Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun.
    HuskyDMJostabeereGenkaiX1