[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anti-afk mobs...

Zaros_RunaZaros_Runa
Reactions: 1,150
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So I was just reading the quest and...
1ZgXWMi.jpg
Add to their annoyance the fact that I play the character with the lowest survavility in the game and you get a jackpot... but that's a complain for another time.

Do we need those things? They get in the way while you traverse maps or change channels... They find the perfect moment to spawn when you take that much needed 30 seconds break to go to the toilet (which happens to be enough time to remove those juicy exp buffs that you were so happily using).

They are just trouble, please hit me up with a reason why those things should exist. I can't see it.

My point here... my suggestion is: please, get rid of them.
HuskyDMSkyfall1989WONDERGUYdarikPrideKuronekonova

Comments

• Zaros_RunaZaros_Runa
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited October 2019
    Maybe they should listen a bit... we aren't asking for the impossible here, those things are nothing but trouble.
    HuskyDMdarikWONDERGUYPrideKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Everyone hates them, has complained about them for ages, nexon doesn't care. And, as far as gms is concerned, they're a solution looking for a problem. The reason for their existence overseas in kms simply does not occur in gms.

Also, as an aside, I'd just like to say that I really love the unmentioned change some months back where potion lock was changed from simply restricting your use of potions to wholly blocking the use of everything in your use tab.
    Zaros_RunaHuskyDMdarikPrideKuronekonova
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    They do nothing and further shows all they do is copy-paste whatever KMS does without thinking on the unique characteristics of our version of the game. I have no idea what problem KMS has that requires anti-afk bots but what I know is that they do nothing here and never will.
    WONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    They do nothing and further shows all they do is copy-paste whatever KMS does without thinking on the unique characteristics of our version of the game. I have no idea what problem KMS has that requires anti-afk bots but what I know is that they do nothing here and never will.

People essentially squatting in maps to lay claim to them. Not actively using the map, just sitting in it. As I'm sure you're aware, squatting in a map to stake your claim to it gets you laughed at here.
    Dnaman101Kuronekonova
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Not saying it's a good use, but the anti-afk mob in Arcana is needed for Monster Collection.
    (Not saying I like the anti-afk mob, just putting one [small] example why we would need them. Unless you can collect it in SS by body slamming them there. xd)
    WONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited October 2019
    I have to say this auto-mob spawn setting is really dumb, they fly to you with a booster in their ass once you enter a high-level map. They hit you and bind you with high percentage HP drop, but you can't use any potions. One time, with the laggy of my laptop, I was dead when I saw the screen. Really stupid and dumb setting, needs to be removed definitely.
    Dnaman101
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    It's 10% per hit, so it's not really "high percentage". The problem comes in that there's almost no invincibility period between taking hits, so you eat two or three 10% hits in the span of a second.
    Kuronekonova
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's 10% per hit, so it's not really "high percentage". The problem comes in that there's almost no invincibility period between taking hits, so you eat two or three 10% hits in the span of a second.

The actual real problem lies in when you don't have enough Arcane Force to not take 1 damage.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Mira wrote: »

The actual real problem lies in when you don't have enough Arcane Force to not take 1 damage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Anti-AFK mobs don't care about AF?
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    yeah ARC means nothing against the anti-afk mobs. Honestly I'm fine with these mobs existing, they usually don't pose much of a problem. Except for the example in the OP. At least this one had the "close" option in the bottom left corner. Not all of them do. I got killed in Esfera prequests because of this. Thank god i was carrying safety charms.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    If they aren't going to be removed, they need to have their contact damage cut by half or characters need a substantially longer invincibility period between taking damage without the need of potentials.
    Dnaman101
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    If they aren't going to be removed, they need to have their contact damage cut by half or characters need a substantially longer invincibility period between taking damage without the need of potentials.

I think adding a grace period when logging in that you cannot take damage during would help.
    Maybe add this grace period to runes/herbs/rocks as well, since sometimes (more so at lower levels) you can get screwed trying to grab these.
    During any kind of quest box like that you should be invincible honestly. Maybe limit it for abuse as well, but seriously. It's not fun having that happen.
    HuskyDMDnaman101PrideYinYangXZaros_Runa
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

I think adding a grace period when logging in that you cannot take damage during would help.
    Maybe add this grace period to runes/herbs/rocks as well, since sometimes (more so at lower levels) you can get screwed trying to grab these.
    During any kind of quest box like that you should be invincible honestly. Maybe limit it for abuse as well, but seriously. It's not fun having that happen.

So many ways they could've implemented these stupid things better.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019

You are not incorrect about the damage from the mob itself - that is 10% damage per hit. But, when you are then taking ~5-10k damage from the actual mobs, and cannot heal because you're potlocked, you end up getting screwed and can't do a damn thing about it.
    Zaros_RunaDnaman101
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019

You are not incorrect about the damage from the mob itself - that is 10% damage per hit. But, when you are then taking ~5-10k damage from the actual mobs, and cannot heal because you're potlocked, you end up getting screwed and can't do a damn thing about it.

I would just use the new AF hyper to reduce damage to 1 for VJ, it's easy enough and makes the prequest less of a pain in the ass.
    As for the areas after that... Just do your dailies every day and we won't have any trouble, okay there buddy? [Nexon Glare Intensifies]
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019

Not saying it's a bad idea, but the biggest issue I can think of Nexon running into is the exit message in boss maps.

• ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited November 2019
    It's not like hackers or botters are gonna get that far. It's annoying. It is also a huge problem while doing 5th job quests on a mule in that dark tree area to chase that idiot npc. They knock you off ropes and make it also impossible to climb. So frustrating! It's got to be changed!
    Dnaman101
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2019
    Hackers and bots do get that far though.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    It's not like hackers or botters are gonna get that far. It's annoying. It is also a huge problem while doing 5th job quests on a mule in that dark tree area to chase that idiot npc. They knock you off ropes and make it also impossible to climb. So frustrating! It's got to be changed!

I've seen plenty of 240+ hackers.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    Anti afk mobs its just another stupid and annoying feature they implemented that does nothing for the players.