[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

crafting cools down only if you sit it out???

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited October 2019 in General Chat
Since the last patch I have noticed that after crafting a cube, the crafting doesn't cool down unless I stay on that character. Twice now I have come back and had to sit for a little before I could make something. Is this for Smiths/Cubes only or does it apply to all crafting? I have not noticed it on my Alchemist but I often sit afk on that. I really don't think this is a good change as it wastes time that people could spend doing other things, but i'm not a fan of the current limitations and cool downs on crafting anyway. I feel that if you have gone and collected all the supplies to make things that you should be able to make as much as you want and that those things should also STACK HIGHER!!! With our accounts being so big now (50 characters!) these kinds of limits just cut into productive game play time. Idk I would like to know what others think.
HuskyDM
  1. Should the powers that be quit putting more time limits on crafting?7 votes
    1. Yes, I have school/work and don't have time to sit and craft one thing every 5-15 min.
       86% (6 votes)
    2. No, I don't really play and just craft while doing other things outside of the game.
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• xSuperThrowxSuperThrow
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2019
    The cooldown of items to craft doesn't go down anymore unless you are online on the character. I am not sure if this is intended or not, but there was no post about this and it hasn't been included in the patchnotes and update logs of the past week. Just making this report to make the issue more known.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2019
    Intentional fix to a possible exploit/bug in KMS.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2019/05/22/kms-ver-1-2-316-16th-anniversary-pt-2-job-balancing/
    To fix an error where after being authenticated, the crafting cooldown of items would be reset, both skill cooldowns and crafting cooldowns will decrease only while you are online.

Feedback: Should allow multiple crafting profession on non-Reboot server to counteract this change because people will now have to spend 2+ hours on a mule (doing nothing) to craft something that they cannot craft on their main character.
    Or make it so if one character has a lv 11/12 smithing, any character in the same server can craft master/ meister cube, if one has lv 11/12 accessory, any character in the same server can craft powerful/eternal flame, if one one character has lv 11/12 accessory, any character in the same server can craft powerful/eternal flame, if one one character has lv 11/12 alchemy, any character in the same server can craft the master/meister varient of the secret pills,
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    Well this is stupid. What even was the exploit? Why was this not in the patch notes? This is an important change, a stupid one too. This patch was made to kill the playerbase.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    I think the cooldowns are dumb either way. We already have a fatigue system, why bother with cooldowns? It's just a pointless annoyance.
    HuskyDMFuhreakKuronekonova
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Nexon will do anything to keep you online longer.
    See; afk events.
    HuskyDMKuronekonova
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Nexon will do anything to keep you online longer.
    See; afk events.

There are many, many better ways to keep players online longer. More entertaining ways that make people WANT to play longer instead of ragequit. Not that waiting 5 min per cube is likely to cause people to ragequit by itself. But combined with other crap...
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2019
    Gathering materials takes long enough with how empty the farming area is!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »
    Intentional fix to a possible exploit/bug in KMS.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2019/05/22/kms-ver-1-2-316-16th-anniversary-pt-2-job-balancing/
    To fix an error where after being authenticated, the crafting cooldown of items would be reset, both skill cooldowns and crafting cooldowns will decrease only while you are online.

So in KMS, it was possible to skip the cooldown by relogging?
    I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case in GMS.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2019
    Cause we can't have nice things...
    Kuronekonova