[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Finally a Crossover! Re:Zero Lets discuss

Comments

  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow.... Not one of them is random... But ALL of them are random.

    The surprise style box even comes with a sh*t load of junk and the hair style too is completely random as well. Why can't they make this event a little bit more like the SAO or the AoT one? I know they really want to make up the money lost from the dwindling player base. But like this??? They just killed the event before it even started. In fact, this is probably the reason why their player base is shrinking in the first place.
    JettLuvsUPissedOff
  • lormarkielormarkie
    Reactions: 920
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited May 2017
    500m per box is way too much for reboot. Just look at red cubes which cost 1200 nx in normal server and cost 12m mesos in reboot. So why don't the boxes cost 40m mesos in reboot? It seems like nexon just wants us to buy the boxes for nx in reboot by making them way overpriced from mesos. This is dissapointing :(
    Zambookii
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    Posts: 161
    Member
    edited May 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Are people really disappointed about reboot having the NX option more than the 500 million mesos it takes buy a single box with presumably 99% junk and 1% medals? If there wasn't an NX option, people might just pay for meso farming services to botters to get boxes. It's the same P2W bs except it incentivises hacking. The best option is to make them quest rewards or to have us work our way through the medal like the PB event where you work your way to the 10% boss title, but I guess it's too late for that. Nexon's fixation with RNG is a big problem no matter if it's NX or mesos. You can only hope they make it cheaper WITHOUT reducing the chances to get good items. As for me, I too am treating this as a filler event and won't waste 4 weeks of my time farming billions of mesos with the possibility of getting little in return.

    The NX option and the cost of the box are 2 separate issues and should both be tackled simultaneously. I personally think that we should address the NX option in reboot first because it sets a bad precedent and would lead to a slippery slope in the near future. It's best for nexon to get rid of the NX option AND reduce the price to around 50-100m.

    Thing is, there might be a reason for nexon to set it at 500m. Perhaps the chances of getting the medal are pretty high or nexon just thinks every in reboot has 50b in their back pocket. Who knows really, nexon never disclose anything.
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 40
    Member
    edited May 2017
    pepe wrote: »
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Are people really disappointed about reboot having the NX option more than the 500 million mesos it takes buy a single box with presumably 99% junk and 1% medals? If there wasn't an NX option, people might just pay for meso farming services to botters to get boxes. It's the same P2W bs except it incentivises hacking. The best option is to make them quest rewards or to have us work our way through the medal like the PB event where you work your way to the 10% boss title, but I guess it's too late for that. Nexon's fixation with RNG is a big problem no matter if it's NX or mesos. You can only hope they make it cheaper WITHOUT reducing the chances to get good items. As for me, I too am treating this as a filler event and won't waste 4 weeks of my time farming billions of mesos with the possibility of getting little in return.

    The NX option and the cost of the box are 2 separate issues and should both be tackled simultaneously. I personally think that we should address the NX option in reboot first because it sets a bad precedent and would lead to a slippery slope in the near future. It's best for nexon to get rid of the NX option AND reduce the price to around 50-100m.

    Thing is, there might be a reason for nexon to set it at 500m. Perhaps the chances of getting the medal are pretty high or nexon just thinks every in reboot has 50b in their back pocket. Who knows really, nexon never disclose anything.

    Highly agree. Getting rid of the nx option would be step 1 and lowering the price according to everything else like cubes and circulators and what not. 50m sounds reasonable, but 500m? Gotta be joking right now.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    you guys just want everything easy
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Posts: 365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?
  • peremecperemec
    Reactions: 360
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited May 2017
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    Posts: 135
    Member
    edited May 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    Fennekin wrote: »
    From what I heard, the Black Swordsman medal was at least obtainable by most people through doing the daily dungeons or something. 15 all + 15 att makes it pretty dang good. Sorta disappointed we don't seem to be getting something like that this time around, and instead the medals are in an rng cs box lol.

    (also hoping for konosuba next)

    well i guess this time, its an event of "whoever spends the most money" rofl

    That was what the Beater medal was, too.
    To get more dungeon clears you had to buy more entry keys. Whoever buys the most keys, wins.

    Also: Cash Shop prices are different between services. Just because Uni's blog says the price in JMS was 190NX doesn't mean it will be the same here.

    yea but the black swordsmen medal was not "most runs" it was a set amount of runs.

    The beater medal, however, was limited to those who did it the most.

    I paid only 10$ in NX + the free runs I got for my own Beater Medal, so I'm happy about that.


    At least everyone has a fair chance with RNG to get the medals, etc.


    Elise wrote: »
    The only thing that interests me are the clothes and hairs, and one is a gamble, and the other is likely. I'll have to pass, because the last time I did a random box for an event, I spent $60 and got one of the four items I wanted. I got a bunch of junk. And that was the Heroes one, so there were less items, like this one.
    IDK why it's gamble only, the other two crossovers we got, we did have a choice of either gambling, or buying them for more money straight out. It's stupid that this is an exception.
    The hairs aren't much better, because I'm not naive or stupid enough to believe for a minute it'll be like the SAO one and will offer a choice. And I bet the hairs will be $5 a piece, like the Heroes one.
    All of this seriously disappoints me, because I love Re:Zero. I was looking forward to this, only to find out it's gambling AGAIN. I get burned way too many times with gamble boxes to bother. And I can't even buy the items I want because Scania never sells anything, and if they do, everything is $1 billion mesos minimum. >_<;. This will be a boring, useless patch to me with a nice log in screen.


    Some people like myself, only get paid a certain time a month so I'm in the same boat with you in terms to finances.

    Scania has always been a questionable economy in the first place, as someone who used to be there.

    Who knows, maybe you'll get the medal from the level 180 Box you get. We do get one of them, It's still one chance. :D
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.

    k
  • peremecperemec
    Reactions: 360
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.

    k

    When you get so triggered by your argument getting completely destroyed you can't say anything besides 'k' LOL

    enjoy your ezmode Maplestory buddy, go buy 10b for $20 and keep convincing yourself you are good at the game LMAO
    PissedOff
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    peremec wrote: »
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.

    k

    When your argument gets completely destroyed you can't say anything besides 'k' LOL

    enjoy your ezmode Maplestory buddy

    i just said k because theres no logic in your response, no one mentioned meso sites, i mentioned players buying nx codes, and i play in reboot, so exactly where was the destroying taking part?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    peremec wrote: »
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.

    k

    When you get so triggered by your argument getting completely destroyed you can't say anything besides 'k' LOL

    enjoy your ezmode Maplestory buddy, go buy 10b for $20 and keep convincing yourself you are good at the game LMAO

    always has to be some kid in a forum trying to be dominant, cant dominate what you dont understand fella.

    ok so you editted your comment, you cant be good at these kinds of games. you just play or not play. keep talking like that and Ill report you for harrasment, I wont fall for your little traps.
  • peremecperemec
    Reactions: 360
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    peremec wrote: »
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.

    k

    When your argument gets completely destroyed you can't say anything besides 'k' LOL

    enjoy your ezmode Maplestory buddy

    i just said k because theres no logic in your response, no one mentioned meso sites, i mentioned players buying nx codes, and i play in reboot, so exactly where was the destroying taking part?

    You compared windia's meso rates to reboot's in another post, stop back pedalling LMAO, it's obvious you know absolutely nothing about reboot if you think 500m is reasonable for a single RNG box item on this server, If you played on reboot you wouldn't try to justify meso rates on reboot because of windia rates.

    It's ok to not know some things buddy, 'fake it til you make it' doesn't always apply LOL
    PissedOff
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    peremec wrote: »
    peremec wrote: »
    peremec wrote: »
    you guys just want everything easy

    Dude farming 500mil is hard for people with no pets.
    50mil for box would be okay but 500 mil is way too overpriced.

    50mil is too cheap. If people complained about these boxes falling into the category of pay2win, why would they be so cheap? If they really do gain the advantage people dont want others to be able to pay for in nx, why would they make them 50mil?

    beacuse not every server's economy is as busted as windia's, LMAO. 500mil isn't worthless in reboot unlike your server with a ruined economy where you can just go on some meso site and get a bil for 2 dollars. and you say we have it easy LMAO you play in the easiest server in this game, literally hailed as the most hacker infested garbage server in GMS.

    k

    When your argument gets completely destroyed you can't say anything besides 'k' LOL

    enjoy your ezmode Maplestory buddy

    i just said k because theres no logic in your response, no one mentioned meso sites, i mentioned players buying nx codes, and i play in reboot, so exactly where was the destroying taking part?

    You compared windia's meso rates to reboot's in another post, stop back pedalling LMAO, it's obvious you know absolutely nothing about reboot if you think 500m is reasonable for a single RNG box item on this server, If you played on reboot you wouldn't try to justify meso rates on reboot because of windia rates.

    It's ok to not know some things buddy, 'fake it til you make it' doesn't always apply LOL

    In a server that is entirely meso based, if nx were introduced, it would be the most expensive server around, the more mesos there are circulating the server, the more busted the economy is, likewise to real life, the more dollars flowing around, the less the dollar is worth. It has nothing to do with me or what I believe, it's simple economics.
  • GalvarGalvar
    Reactions: 1,635
    Posts: 58
    Member
    edited May 2017
    "Imagine that you just bought your groceries and are walking towards the exit of the store. Just, then you come across a series of quarter machines near the exit. One of these machines has variety of jewelry, such as necklaces,rings and watches, amongst other jewelry pieces, The second machine has a bunch of Hello Kitty merchandise, While the third has mini Batman figures. At first you think that your guaranteed to get what the machine is advertising, and really want one of those mini Batman figures. However, the moment you approach the machine to get the Batman figure you see a small yellow label on the machine that states "Other fine items included" You look at the other machines and see an identical label to the Bat man one".

    In all seriousness, this scenario is exactly what Nexon is doing with the Re;Zero crossover. With the Random and style boxes for Sword Art and Attack on Titan you at least got an item related to the franchise's being sponsored since the box was filled with nothing but sponsor items.
    However, with the Re;Zero crossover you have a VERY low chance of getting an item related to the sponsorship since a majority of the items are unrelated to the series being sponsored, aka "Other fine items" in the context of a quarter machine. In the case of the Style box, only 14 of 50 items are sponsor items, the same could be said for the Random box.
    Thus, unless the odds of getting an item related to Re;Zero are higher then the other items, it's more than likely that some people, who have especially bad luck with the premium box, probably won't get a Re;Zero item that isn't a glove,shoe,hat, or Puck related accessory.

    I also find it very misleading when Nexon advertises that the hair styles are being released as a guaranteed coupon, but instead decide to release them in a Royal update with three unrelated hairstyles. Don't advertise that you are going to put the hairs in a guaranteed coupon on a live stream, if your not going to do it.

    On the other hand, I am not a Re:Boot player, but I find it a little BS, that you are pretty much forced to buy the Random box with NX if you want the Re;Zero titles, medals, androids, or chairs, since you otherwise, have to pay 500 million a box for a very low chance to get that Remroid or permanent pendant slot.

    Personally, I think that instead of giving us "other fine items" in the Re;Zero boxes, Nexon should of made seperate boxes with items just related to the sponsorship so that people who want just the sponsor items can get them. Yet, at the same time adding the other unrelated items in an update to the premium surprise style box/philosophers cache,etc. At the same time, I think that Nexon should of placed the Re;Zero hairstyles in a guaranteed coupon, and simply added the three unrelated hairs in a true Royal update.

    All and all the Re;Zero sponsorship was very much appreciated, but it could of been handled much better. But, as it stands the cash shop aspect of the update was done in poor taste because nexon defeated the purpose of Re:Boot by making the items pretty much pay to win, made the sponsor items almost impossible to get due to their "Other fine items included" model, thus favoring the users who have a lot of money or mesos to burn, and resorted to false advertisement, in which they say they are going to do one thing, but do some else completely, unrelated.

    I really hope that Nexon listens to feedback and improves the cash shop portion of the update.
    scholar624PissedOff
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 1,865
    Posts: 143
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Can we haz le event starting with tomorrow's maintenance? =3=
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Galvar wrote: »
    "Imagine that you just bought your groceries and are walking towards the exit of the store. Just, then you come across a series of quarter machines near the exit. One of these machines has variety of jewelry, such as necklaces,rings and watches, amongst other jewelry pieces, The second machine has a bunch of Hello Kitty merchandise, While the third has mini Batman figures. At first you think that your guaranteed to get what the machine is advertising, and really want one of those mini Batman figures. However, the moment you approach the machine to get the Batman figure you see a small yellow label on the machine that states "Other fine items included" You look at the other machines and see an identical label to the Bat man one".

    In all seriousness, this scenario is exactly what Nexon is doing with the Re;Zero crossover. With the Random and style boxes for Sword Art and Attack on Titan you at least got an item related to the franchise's being sponsored since the box was filled with nothing but sponsor items.
    However, with the Re;Zero crossover you have a VERY low chance of getting an item related to the sponsorship since a majority of the items are unrelated to the series being sponsored, aka "Other fine items" in the context of a quarter machine. In the case of the Style box, only 14 of 50 items are sponsor items, the same could be said for the Random box.
    Thus, unless the odds of getting an item related to Re;Zero are higher then the other items, it's more than likely that some people, who have especially bad luck with the premium box, probably won't get a Re;Zero item that isn't a glove,shoe,hat, or Puck related accessory.

    I also find it very misleading when Nexon advertises that the hair styles are being released as a guaranteed coupon, but instead decide to release them in a Royal update with three unrelated hairstyles. Don't advertise that you are going to put the hairs in a guaranteed coupon on a live stream, if your not going to do it.

    On the other hand, I am not a Re:Boot player, but I find it a little BS, that you are pretty much forced to buy the Random box with NX if you want the Re;Zero titles, medals, androids, or chairs, since you otherwise, have to pay 500 million a box for a very low chance to get that Remroid or permanent pendant slot.

    Personally, I think that instead of giving us "other fine items" in the Re;Zero boxes, Nexon should of made seperate boxes with items just related to the sponsorship so that people who want just the sponsor items can get them. Yet, at the same time adding the other unrelated items in an update to the premium surprise style box/philosophers cache,etc. At the same time, I think that Nexon should of placed the Re;Zero hairstyles in a guaranteed coupon, and simply added the three unrelated hairs in a true Royal update.

    All and all the Re;Zero sponsorship was very much appreciated, but it could of been handled much better. But, as it stands the cash shop aspect of the update was done in poor taste because nexon defeated the purpose of Re:Boot by making the items pretty much pay to win, made the sponsor items almost impossible to get due to their "Other fine items included" model, thus favoring the users who have a lot of money or mesos to burn, and resorted to false advertisement, in which they say they are going to do one thing, but do some else completely, unrelated.

    I really hope that Nexon listens to feedback and improves the cash shop portion of the update.

    I like how you included a solution to this problem you illustrated. Thats how feedback should be given
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited May 2017
    to the 2 dingbats that are arguing on this thread, please stop. we want Nexon to look at it not for them to lock it.
    buying mesos, selling NX are both illegal and would result into thread being locked, so just stop.

    Back to main point: Nexon really needs to change this, like people have been saying how Sao's black swordsmen and beater were P2W
    they were not as crazy horrific as this lmao..

    these boxes only have like 10 of 100 event based items.

    Your first mistake was putting a bunch of non-event items w/ these event items.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    to the 2 dingbats that are arguing on this thread, please stop. we want Nexon to look at it not for them to lock it.
    buying mesos, selling NX are both illegal and would result into thread being locked, so just stop.

    Back to main point: Nexon really needs to change this, like people have been saying how Sao's black swordsmen and beater were P2W
    they were not as crazy horrific as this lmao..

    all im showing is how they may be discredited for the way they respond to my disagreeing. but youre right.