[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[COMPLETE] Scheduled Maintenance - Dec 8th, 2016

Comments

• StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    Yo, @OneLetter, the game is still down. I just tried logging in to the American Server and it's dc'd me with the "The game is currently unavailable because.." message. Are you sure you're posting in PST? I'm in California as well, and it's currently 1:35PM PST.
  • ExoArtExoArt
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited December 2016
    chooz
    chooz said:

anyway i don't know about you guys but between this great event where i can't earn the coins to buy anything, and all the items that didn't work that they didn't replace for us, I'm probably not going to play anymore. even if I do continue, they're not going to get my money, because this continues to be worse and worse. nothing gets "fixed" quickly unless it's beneficial to players. everything else rots.
    There was absolutely no problem with the event other than the fact DIPQ and some other repeatable flat farming areas that have mobs with no drop tables would end up dropping a box every other mob with high drop rate. What i dont understand is yesterday i farmed over 1500 boxes and barely squeaked by with enough coins to buy two things. Do note that 1500 boxes took me hours of fun grinding! the box opening alone took an hour! This 10 coin limit is the death of this event. Yesterday was the first time i saw DIPQ active since its nerf.
  • KiwiiGreenKiwiiGreen
    Reactions: 600
    edited December 2016
    It's working now.
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    ExoArt
    ExoArt said:

There was absolutely no problem with the event other than the fact DIPQ and some other repeatable flat farming areas that have mobs with no drop tables would end up dropping a box every other mob with high drop rate. What i dont understand is yesterday i farmed over 1500 boxes and barely squeaked by with enough coins to buy two things. Do note that 1500 boxes took me hours of fun grinding! the box opening alone took an hour! This 10 coin limit is the death of this event. Yesterday was the first time i saw DIPQ active since its nerf.
    Beyond that, it's not as though the Event Shop actually has anything abusable in it. It's generic 10% cleans and Epic pots that are always in shops. Along with chairs and damage skins, which are harmless. And they have limits on them! So instead of letting us enjoy the grind for coins and buy all the fun stuff available in the shop, they kill our ability to grind. You know what that means? People ain't playing nearly as long. Less time playing the game = less money spent on the game. They are only hurting themselves.
    choozDaleth
  • Kayaba_AkihikoKayaba_Akihiko
    Reactions: 335
    edited December 2016
    I think that doesn't make any sense a limited of miserable 10 coins a day. Imagine an item that costs 5000 V coins. You can catch 40 V coin a day with the 2 events. You need to spend like 4 months to buy that item. I think that the best itens like a SS ring will be as expensive as that.
    deadend5193
  • detexdetex
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    x
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    This isn't confusing at all lol..
    (I don't know how to post images on here now it changed lmao)
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/GUgg1oP.png[/img]
  • EtrayoEtrayo
    Reactions: 905
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Really, bravo Nexon. Ninja nerf your players and then look the other way to genuine bugs that need to be addressed. Your players losing end game items, Gollux completely not working, etc. Keep it up.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    Also you still can't enter afterlands after getting out, and you still can't get the quest from the gold sack. The only thing that seems to be fixed is the missing frozen set, to me at least; don't know about the lag since I never had that problem.
    Etrayo
  • RithiaRithia
    Reactions: 725
    edited December 2016
    Remove the box limit. NOW.
    There's no kind or a neutral tone to bring to this, because the removal of the limit was just the most ridiculous move you could have made! Why must you limit the players who are actually grinding and spending heaps of time on this event?

Honestly, I saw that ring as a chance to actually get my feet on solid grounds on the EU server after giving up on my other account in GMS.
    rKamiBinisparebladeDalethdetexKlaraVinsane
  • rKamirKami
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited December 2016
    Rithia
    Rithia said:

There's no kind or a neutral tone to bring to this, because the removal of the limit was just the most ridiculous move you could have made! Why must you limit the players who are actually grinding and spending heaps of time on this event?

Honestly, I saw that ring as a chance to actually get my feet on solid grounds on the EU server after giving up on my other account in GMS.
    I cannot agree more with this. Like, why even add the shining box event if you're going to put a limit that gives less coins than the Hi-V boxes themselves? There's no point of 1-5 coin roll either if there's a limit ROFL. Also rascal pieces are useless so there's no use for either event items now...
  • BiniBini
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    rKami
    rKami said:

Rithia
    Rithia said:

I cannot agree more with this. Like, why even add the shining box event if you're going to put a limit that gives less coins than the Hi-V boxes themselves? There's no point of 1-5 coin roll either if there's a limit ROFL. Also rascal pieces are useless so there's no use for either event items now...
    Yup... just at the moment when I was finally having fun playing MapleStory again. Now I don't feel like playing :/
    rKami
  • ShakeYaBootyShakeYaBooty
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    I feel this update is affecting us all, I was hoping to burn a new character but nope, and the event ring? bainao, I'm not even in the mood for playing anymore...
    rKami
  • KarionteKarionte
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Really only 10 V coins per day for the shining santa boxes, how are we going to complete the event ring?!!
    rKami
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2016
    It's funny cause the name of the patch is LIMITLESS, and there is nothing but limits on their events.
    rKamiKlaraCaughtByLovedetexLucasGiacomettiRithiasparebladeOdysseyTwoZexceedNightcrawl3rand 2 others.
  • detexdetex
    Reactions: 935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
  • Cartoondude135Cartoondude135
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Do we have to do this ALL the time?! Never (and I do mean NEVER) mention ANYTHING about coins coming out as infinite from event boxes! I worked hard yesterday to gather 900 V coins each for my 9 characters! Now I gotta wait til I'm able to get the trait potion AND the master cubes from the V coin shop due to the limited v coins per day! If you do see an infinite amount of coins appearing from boxes, drop whatever the heck your doing and get farming on the double! (Even bring your breakfast/lunch/dinner to your PC desk!) Every second you dilly dally means your at greater risk. And this is where time IS money!
  • AsionGamingAsionGaming
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    I hope this do not take 24 hours!
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    Is it even worth to scroll the Vengeful ring? Mines +14 that means 6 more times! 6x6=360 more coins!
  • John360John360
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    I think nexon should set the stanta boxes to 30 coins limit and high five boxes to 30 making it 60 coins daily so as least you can scroll your Vengeful ring.